open/close all folders
The Royal Family
The Royal Family as a whole
Blackagar Boltagon (Black Bolt)
"Imagine you could never make another sound, not for the rest of your life. Not a sigh, not a yawn, not a single word ever.
— Inhumans #1: Sonic Youth
The King of Attilan. Due to his uncontrollably destructive voice, he remains completely silent most of the time.
- Depower: After Infinity, his voice isn't as strong as it was.
- The Good King: Cares about his people more than anything in the world, and is always ready to defend them to the last stand.
- Goo Goo Godlike: Even his cries were incredibly destructive (This was back when Inhumans underwent Terrigenesis at birth).
- Flying Brick
- Happily Married: With Medusa, most of the time.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: So powerful he can never speak. He is so mentally disciplined that he doesn't even talk in his sleep. His powers are so destructive the Inhumans' Genetic Council has forbidden him from reproducing.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After being abducted and held captive by the Skrulls for an unknown length of time, the first thing Black Bolt did on getting out was to hunt the Skrulls down and try to wipe them out.
- Shock and Awe: Has this power in addition to his Make Me Wanna Shout one.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Well, take a look at his full name...
- The Voiceless: A necessity, considering his main power; he mainly communicates using body/sign language and telepathy, usually to his wife, Medusa. However, when someone translates for him, he proves to have a very dry wit.
Black Bolt's wife and Queen of Attilan
Maximus Boltagon / Maximus the Mad
Who's the got the voice now, brother? Who's got the voice?'
Black Bolt's brother. He was driven insane when his brother, using his voice
to repel a Kree invasion he started
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Spent decades trying to usurp his brother's throne. Then, in 2007, when he actually accomplished this, he got bored with all the normal duties of ruling a kingdom. He quickly handed the throne back to his brother when he returned.
- Cain and Abel: Deeply envies his brother's position as king and marriage to Medusa.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Sometimes.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: To his brother.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Due to the creepy, crazy things he says.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door
- Humans Are Bastards: Holds this view, but on at least one occasion he's been impressed by it.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Frequently wears a custom black one with white trim & designs on it.
- Large Ham
- Manipulative Bastard: Has manipulated both the Kree and the humans into attacking Attilan to undermine his brother's rule.
- Mad Scientist: Oh, is he ever. However, sometimes he's on the Inhuman's side.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Mind Control: His main ability.
- Pop-Cultured Badass/Wicked Cultured: An odd mix of both, due to a broad fascination with Earth culture. He ranges from quoting the Bible, Churchill, and Shakespeare and other poets, to attending baseball games, talking about "I [heart] Gorgon" posters, and joking about opening cans of "whoop-arse" on people.
- Talkative Loon
Son of Black Bolt and Medusa and Heir to the Throne.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has a snide comment for just about everything when around the Future Foundation teens.
- Death Glare: Literally.
- Emo Teen: When he's a part of the Future Foundation, he is essentially a black-clad, brooding and moody, aloof teenager.
- Power Born of Madness: He inherited the power capacity of his parents, but the mental instability of his uncle. Eventually he becomes more stable.
- Put on a Bus: Disappeared for decades. It turned out he'd been taken away and imprisoned underneath Attilan.
- Troubled, but Cute: If Bentley 23's complaining about the girls at the Future Foundation loving his good looks and brooding nature is to be believed.
Black Bolt's cousin.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: His ability.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: He was forbidden to undergo Terrigenesis due to how dangerous his powers would be. However, he still has superhuman strength that all unaltered Inhumans have. He also trained in martial arts and is mentally disciplined enough to perceive flaws and weak points in almost any complex system.
- Badass Preacher: Attended a seminary.
- Sherlock Scan: Is capable of picking up on his enemies' attack patterns and discerning their weaknesses in seconds.
- The Smart Guy: Is Black Bolt's primary tactician (though Black Bolt himself is no slouch in that department).
Cousin and bodyguard to Black Bolt. Also trains members of the Royal Guard
- The Berserker: He's got quite the temper. And it got worse after the second exposure.
- The Big Guy: Of the Inhuman royal family.
- Commander Contrarian: To Black Bolt. Once challenged him for the throne when it seemed that Black Bolt was allowing humans to attack Attilan.
- A Father to His Men: A mentor to the Royal Guard cadets he trains.
- Fauns and Satyrs: Resembles them due to gaining bull's legs from Terrigenesis. It gets worse after a second exposure when he's taken captive by the U.S. government.
- Shockwave Stomp: His main power.
Brother of Karnak.
- Fish People: What he looks like due to his Terrigenesis. It's apparently one of the most extreme ones the Inhumans have ever seen.
- Mobile Fishbowl: Has to wear one as he cannot breath air.
Sister of Medusa. Mother of Luna. Ex-girlfriend of Johnny Storm
, ex-wife of Quicksilver
, and wife of Ronan the Accuser.
- Action Mom
- Arranged Marriage: With Ronan the Accuser. She wasn't exactly happy about the idea, but she eventually found common ground with Ronan. They eventually separated when the Inhumans gave up control of the Kree empire.
- Elemental Powers: Has all four.
- Flight: Is capable of this, due to her ability to control the air.
- Interspecies Romance: She's quite fond of this, having been in relationships with Johnny Storm, Quicksilver, and Ronan the Accuser.
- Only Sane Man: During War of Kings, she was the only one who argued against the war with the Shi'Ar, and the only one who bothered listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy's warnings. Even after one of them tried to take her as a hostage.
Daughter of Crystal and her husband Quicksilver. For years, she didn't have powers, until a slightly insane Pietro exposed her to Terrigenesis.
- The Empath: Can read a person's mental and emotional state through their "auras".
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Morality Chain: She's one of the few people Quicksilver is willing to be nice to for more than five seconds. His lying about his misdeeds after M-Day soured her to him, but as of the most recent volume of X-Factor, they've reconciled.
- Morality Pet: Magneto loves and accepts his granddaughter, even before she had any powers. Woe betide anyone who dares hurt her.
- Nonhuman Humanoid Hybrid: She is half mutant and half Inhuman.
- Tangled Family Tree: She's a Maximoff. It comes with the territory.
A large, dog-like companion of the Inhuman Royal Family. It is unclear if he is an Inhuman or from a different species.
A citizen of Attilan and member of the Royal Guard. She is part of a group selected to attend a human college.
A citizen of Attilan and member of the Royal Guard. He is part of a group selected to attend a human college.
- Na´ve Newcomer: On Earth, which leads to him being taken advantage of by locals.
- Super Strength: His main ability, causing jealousy in his friend San.
A citizen of Attilan and the son of a Royal Guard member. He is part of a group selected to attend a human college.
- Interspecies Romance: Dates a girl named Stacey while attending the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Though it starts off as a Prank Date that some sorority girls dare her to do, Stacey starts to genuinely care for San.
- Jock Dad, Nerd Son: After his Terrigenesis, San believes his Royal Guard father is disappointed in him. Though to his credit, the father insists it's not true.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Before Terrigenesis, he was a Lovable Jock who dreamed of joining the Royal Guard like his father. After the ritual, he is smaller, weaker, and his main ability is to shape matter with his mind. He is sent to go train as an artist.
A citizen of Attilan and member of the Royal Guard. She is part of a group selected to attend a human college.
A citizen of Attilan. He is part of a group selected to attend a human college.
- Green Thumb: His main power and how he disposes of the humans he kills.
- Fantastic Racism
- Kill All Humans: While attending a human university, he comes to hate humans for what they've done to the Earth.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Kills several humans attending an opera, on purpose and against orders, making the already bad situation between The US government and Attilan so much worse. It kick-starts a war between America and Attilan that eventually results in Maximus in charge.
A citizen of Attilan.
- Servant Race: After Terrigenesis, he takes on the appearance of an Alpha Primitive, the caveman-like race of genetically bred laborers. This causes worry amongst the Inhumans over their evolutionary future. Dewoz's form is revealed to be caused by Maximus's interference.
- Teleportation: Able to teleport through any reflective surface.
An Inhuman who spends his time travelling the world searching for others of his kind. He can make anything he read become reality, a power that frightened his peers so much that they blinded him. As such, he carries a set of braille tablets with him in order to access his ability.
- Blind Weaponmaster: As good with a staff as anybody.
- Handicapped Badass: Blind, but can still put up a fight without relying on his powers. And when he does use them, look out.
- Reality Warper: His power makes anything he reads a reality. After being blinded he's been reduced to single-word braille tablets in order to use his ability. So far he's been able to see through his dog's eyes ("See"), stop and reverse time ("Stop" and "Back" respectively), "Fly", and teleport "Go".
- Rule of Three: He can only read three times a day before needing to recharge.
- Simple Staff: His Weapon of Choice.
Seemingly ordinary people who experienced Terrigenesis during Infinity
and discovered their inhuman heritage.
Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
See Ms. Marvel (2014)
tropes about Kamala.
A pyrokinetic drummer who underwent Terrigenesis along with his mother, who did not survive. He was personally rescued from Lash by Queen Medusa and became one of the first NuHumans to reside on Attilan. He initially only agrees to live there with the promise that his pregnant sister (with possibly-inhuman child) would be looked after, but eventually warms up to the rest of the court.
- Emotional Powers: Before he got his training.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Jason after they end up sharing an apartment together.
- How Do I Shot Web?: He kept flaming on with his temper before he got some training from Gorgon. Apparently Gorgon has dealt with fire-powers before, and the best way to put them out is to dunk them in a pool.
- Mr. Fanservice: He tends to end up shirtless after his powers burn through his clothing.
- Playing with Fire: He can generate fire all over his body, often transforming into a lava-like form when he expends his power in large amounts.
- Punny Name: Dante's Inhuman alias is Inferno.
A teenage boy from Minnesota who gains the power to control stones and minerals. He was initially chosen by Lash to become a member of Orollan, but went with Medusa and Dante after an brief skirmish between the two forces.
- How Do I Shot Web?: He had to train a lot with Gorgon before he could utilize his power properly.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Dante after they end up sharing an apartment together.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He can control rocks and stones, but not dirt. Still, his power does extend to the ability to control and destroy terrigen crystals.
- Power Glows: When he uses his ability the stones he's controlling are enveloped in a blue glow.
A young girl in hiding after her terrigenesis, as it gave her a semi-reptilian appearance and large tail. She meets Jason and Dante on a chance trip outside of New Attilan, and after accompanying them back helps them reclaim the city from the rule of The Unspoken.
- Cute Monster Girl: She has an off-putting appearance at first, but as you get to know her you find her endearing and unassuming.
- Emotional Powers: When she feels positive emotions she can turn invisible, when she feels negative ones she turns bright colours.
- Invisibility: She can camouflage her boy so long as she's confident in herself.
- Power-Upgrading Deformation: She can fly, turn invisible, and has enhanced strength and speed in her Inhuman form. Unfortunately for her, her new form is also that of a scaly-green lizard-person.
A NuHuman encountered by Reader in China who can control pressure. After several adventures during their travels he turns her over to the Ennilux Corporation, unaware that they plan on using her as the host body for their Capo.
- Grand Theft Me: The Capo tries to have their minds forcibly swapped so that he can continue survival past his current host's demise. She decides she'd rather not die, and escapes Ennilux.
- Gravity Master: Of sorts - she can control pressure in an area. It's closer to this than telekinesis, as it amounts to making things squeeze more or less.
- Groin Attack: She pulls this off with her powers after being attacked in Russia.
A former cop and current Security Officer in New Attilan. He made his way to the refuge after his powers resulted in his wife leaving and the NYPD forcing him into early retirement.
- Blinded by the Light: His ability - his eyes emit light of varying intensity. He can control this, and often uses it to blind opponents.
- Fair Cop: Served as a detective for thirty years on the NYPD before his transformation.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: His ability doesn't have an off-switch, and his eyes are always glowing to some degree.
A washed-up mobster who gained the ability to obtain the knowledge of his ancestors, descendants, and distant relatives upon their death. He becomes an advisor to Medusa upon his arrival at New Attilan thanks to his ability to give her information on Black Bolt's whereabouts.
- The Chessmaster: It helps that his power gives him access to a significant amount of intel before anybody else.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: He gains the knowledge of anybody in his bloodline upon their death, for starters. And said knowledge manifests in their faces appearing on his body, fully conscious, and seemingly under his persuasion.
- Multiple Head Case: Averted - though covered in the faces of deceased members of his bloodline, they all seem to be under his sway and never try to exert control over his body.
- Power-Upgrading Deformation: Zig-zagged. As a human he was old, obese, and weak. As in Inhuman he's much more youthful and muscular...but also bright purple, sprouting multiple horns, and covered in the faces of his dead relatives.
- Purple Is Powerful: He's bright purple as an Inhuman.