Shara (JP: Sia)
The canon heroine, a girl who tends the flower shop with Wells and Monica.
The town mayor and Sia's grandfather. Dislikes monsters and thinks them all bloodthirsty creatures, even the cute ones.
- Fantastic Racism: The biggest example in the series. He's not such a bad guy; it's just a blind spot he can't seem to get over.
Sia's little sister. Gets angry and upset around strangers.
Gaius (JP: Gadzhi)
The town blacksmith. Ostensibly a dwarf, although he looks more like an elf. Generally a friendly guy all around and nonplussed by anything.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Has a crush on Evelyn but she only thinks of him as nothing more than a friend.
- After Micah gets married, she offers to wear the engagement ring Gaius made for her and walk around with him, which implies that there's hope.
- Cannot Talk to Women: He get's really flustered around Evelyn.
- Doing It for the Art: Sort of. He forges weapons because he enjoys it, not for the money. He even mentions that without Raven running the store he'd go bankrupt.
- Eye Scream: Implied. He alludes to a mining accident that he lost his right eye in.
- Forgets to Eat: Or sleep, or do anything else when he's working.
- In one quest, Raven admits she makes sure they "run out" of ore when it's time for him to take a break.
- The Gadfly: Unlike Carlos, who seems to not realize the gay impications of his dialogue, Gaius will cheerfully suggest that there may be something between him and Micah just for Micah's reaction. In one case he'll even claim that the only reason he wouldn't propose to Micah is that he's already married.
- The Illegible: He keeps a diary, but Micah won't be able to make out a word of it. If Gaius is there when he tries to read it, he'll admit that he can't either.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Utterly averted: he's a bishie-looking pointy-eared blunette with an eternally friendly demeanor.
- Parental Substitute: For Raven, though he doesn't directly show it.
Raven (JP: Toona)
Gaius's apprentice. Mostly silent and sour-faced, although she's hiding a secret.
- Badass Longcoat: She is almost never seen without her signature white longcoat over her Bare Your Midriff top.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Broken Bird: No pun intended.
- Continuity Nod: In her cameo in Rune Factory 4, she mentions gifts for Karina, Sofia, and Evelyn, refers to Gaius as her father who isn't a father and makes really good equipment that he forgets to sell, and blushes while saying that Woolies are her favorite monster.
- Cute Monster Girl: She's actually a humanoid Phoenix who can shapeshift into a totally human form.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Freakiness Shame: Micah pretty much tells her "But your wings are beautiful" after she reveals her phoenix form.
- Insecure Love Interest: Even after they're married, she'll constantly ask Micah for reassurance that he loves her.
- Meaningful Name: The localization gives her one. Her Japanese name is a little subtle; Toona is a genus of mahogany that has red wood.
- Name's the Same: With the current page image for Kuudere. Probably just a coincidence, but a pretty funny one.
- Parental Abandonment: She never knew her parents. Considering she's a phoenix, she may never have had any!
- Perpetual Frowner: To the point of making some zany schemes not unlike Sakuya's and several other excuses just so she doesn't have to smile to the costumers.
- The Phoenix: A shapeshifting variant who has assumed a human form.
- Secret Diary: To make it not so secret: Upstairs, bookshelf in the lower right bedroom. A Shout-Out to the diaries in older games, as the player increases her Relationship Values she writes more about Micah. Probably one of the reasons she's an Ensemble Dark Horse.
- Stalker with a Crush: Get her affection level with Micah high enough and she'll start sneaking into his house during the middle of the day.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She seems icy and aloof, but she's got a very warm and loving heart, and she's a lot more tender than she lets others see.
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: If Micah builds up a relationship with her then marries someone else, she'll write a heart wrenching entry in her diary about how she thought Micah loved her.
- Visible Silence
Runs the general store with her daughter, Karin. Often upset at the latter's laziness.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves cake.
- Tsundere: Type B. She doesn't like letting it show how much she actually cares about Karina, although she does refer to her as her "stupid" daughter.
Karina (JP: Karin)
Hazel's daughter. Slacker who wants to leave the little town she's in and enter high society.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Hidden Depths: She dreams of going to the city. At one point she actually starts working in order to get enough money to go.
- Informed Flaw / Hollywood Pudgy At the beach, she claims she ate too much last winter and laments that "swimsuits can't hide reality". For the record, this is Karina in her swimsuit.
- Skirt over Slacks: The official artwork has her wearing shorts underneath her skirt.
- The Slacker: To the point where every word out of her mouth is accompanied by either a yawn or a sarcastic, tired remark.
- And if Micah marries her, she will rarely even make a lunch for him—and if she does, expect something extremely unspectacular.
- Secret Diary: Micah finds an old one that goes "Dear Diary, I realized today it's too much trouble to keep writing in you, so I won't."
Carmen (JP: Ion)
A tomboy who loves fishing as much as her hat.
Carmen's big brother. May be considered a jock. Highly protective of Carmen.
- Ambiguously Gay: A lot of his dialogue can be interpreted as flirting with Micah, and he doesn't really seem to have any interest in girls besides Carmen. Whenever it seems like he is interested in one of the girls, he immediately turns around and subverts it.
- Incest Subtext: He's rather... attached to his sister. Their introduction scene has them going totally melodramatic about her going out to go fishing, complete with "My dear brother/my beloved sister"s, and both talk about having trouble finding a boy/girlfriend as good as their sibling.
- Mr. Fanservice: He spends all his time in a frayed tanktop that barely covers his tanned and tattooed muscles.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Simply attempting to go foraging for materials with Carmen causes Carlos to fly into an insurmountable rage.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Shino (JP: Shinonome)
Runs the local eastern-themed inn, where passing travellers stay. It was shortened to just Shino in the English version. In a dialogue, she even mentions to just call her Shino.
Shino's daughter. Runs the curio store. Has a largely childlike personality, but is dead serious when it comes to money. Also a horrible cook.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Persia/Pia, and Micah can join in during one of their requests.
- Lethal Chef: She heats the water for a boiled egg... with a Big Fire spell.
- Hime Cut: Sports one.
- Money Fetish
- Odango: Seems to have them of the covered variety, though they may just be hair decs. They vanish in her swimsuit, replaced by a ponytail, but it's hard to see if she has one in her normal profile.
- Wingding Eyes: Give her something valuable and a G symbol will appear in her eye.
Pia (JP: Persia)
A happy-go-lucky mermaid who runs the baths in the inn. Has an odd fascination with squid.
Daria (JP: Dahlia)
An elf artist who stays in the forest just out of town. Highly passionate about her works.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She does it frequently.
- Catch Phrase: "Rainbow!". Or at the lesser extend, her use of "Artistic!" and its variation.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Probably higher up in the clouds than Pia.
- Calling Your Attacks: Beautiful attack! MARVELOUS attack!
- Dojikko: She will randomly trip while standing still.
- Everybody Knew Already: Micah is not supposed to realize she's an elf until she tells him, after he reveals his wooly form to her.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: So much so, she might even speak with them when she uses the line.
- Forgets to Eat: Her art takes priority over food. One of her requests is getting her some food after she passes out while working.
- Improbable Weapon User: While her hammer is an appropriate weapon, she also uses it as a paintbrush.
- Ineffectual Loner: Notice that she lives at the front of the forest, away from the town, and doesn't have clique? Or how the town's inhabitants seem to have little regard of her?
- Large Ham: ALL of her voice clips have her shouting. Also whenever Micah tries saying her catchphrase during a date, she'll complain about how quietly he said it and tries to teach him to shout it louder.
- Mad Artist: Maybe not mad, but still a little, well, screwy.
- Mayfly-December Romance: As an elf, she has an extended lifespan. She confesses she was afraid of marrying Micah because she feared outliving him and being left alone.
- Pointy Ears: Well, she IS an elf.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Blaise (JP: Gluten)
Proprietor of the local restaurant. Sells Micah recipe bread.
- Nice Hat
- Supreme Chef: He is the primary chef for the entire village. Even Sherman greatly approves of his cooking and asks for more when eating at the diner.
- Noodle Incident: Marjorie, Wells and Daria will mention an incident where he had too much wine at a festival, and that's all that any of them will say on the subject. Marjorie and Wells will simply ask Micah to talk to Blaise about it and Daria begs him to stop asking her to go on. Obviously, he doesn't like being given wine.
- The Quiet One
Colette (JP: Chocolat)
Blaise's daughter, who works as a waitress in her father's restaurant. Very childlike and innocent.
Blaise's son and Colette's brother. Strongly dislikes vegetables.
Marian (JP: Marion)
The local Cute Witch
. Helps her grandmother run the magic hospital and formulates new medicines in her spare time.
- Blessed with Suck: Because of her love for tomatoes and their scent, Marjorie enchanted her sense of smell to strengthen it. However, the spell ended up too strong and the smell of tomatoes completely nauseates her now.
- Cute Little Fangs: She sports a pair.
- Cute Witch
- Easily Forgiven: Given some of the stuff she does to Micah and Colette should've gotten her jail time. Yet both remain friends with her.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon is a giant syringe that shoots fireballs and counts as a rod-type weapon.
- Mad Scientist: Well, she uses magic more than science, but she still has the right attitude.
- Mad Doctor: The fact she carries around a huge fireball shooting syringe kind of gives it away.
- Nice Hat
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Marion's grandmother. Runs the magic hospital, which sells staves, magic books and medicine. This is also where Micah end sup if he faints, even in a dungeon.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: She is half the size of the main character.
- Racist Grandma: Averted; she admits to Kuruna that she used to hate the Univir, but once she gets to meet them, she has no prejudices.
Sherman (JP: Donchachos)
The patriarch of the local branch of the De Saint Coquille family. Like his relatives in other parts, is a Big Eater
. Unlike his relatives, he has a tendency to say the opposite of what he means.
- Big Eater: Although Evelyn has put him on a diet.
- Consummate Liar: Unlike Sofia, he has no reason for his opposite speak other than he found it hilarious that people believe the lie.
- Gonk: As usual for the De Saint Coquille families.
- Uncle Pennybags
Sherman's daughter. Like her father, she has the habit of saying the opposite of what she means.
Evelyn (JP: Elisa)
Sherman's daughter and Sophia's elder sister. She's travelled the world and gained many ideas on fashion, some of which are a bit odd.
Kuruna (EN: Cururufa)
One of the horned people, and the headswoman of the Monster Village. Dislikes humans and has a sweet tooth. Always accompanied by her pet fireball, Will.
- Big Eater: Not Kuruna, but Will. He's able to eat about 100 turnips a day. Micah notes that Colette might have some competition.
- Cute Monster Girl: The horned people are a unicorn like race, which mostly manifests as them being Horned Humanoids.
- Fantastic Racism: Even more so than Wells; after everyone has accepted Micah's half-human state, she initially refuses to say a word to him other than calling him a traitor.
- Graceful I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: If Micah already married when he accepts her request for a date, he will be visibly uncomfortable and finally says that she's just a friend. She then, with her head held high, says that he should take care of his wife. She even chastises Micah if he picks the "soulmate" option. Very visible the difference between other bachelorettes, who seem to disregarded that Micah already has wife, and even children.
- Hulk Speak: Will speaks like this and in all caps.
- Rapunzel Hair
- Really 700 Years Old: During the Unity Festival, talk to Wells while she's following Micah, she'll mention that she's even older than him.
- Sweet Tooth
- Superior Species: Directly states this.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Ondorus (JP: Ondolfa)
One of the horned people. A powerful magician, he seeks Micah's help in bringing together the people of Siarensu and the Monster Village.
Zaid (JP: Zeze)
Resident of the Monster Village. A young man with cat-like eyes and markings.