Characters: J-Stars Victory Vs
The cast of fighters and supports participating for the J-Battle Festival!
open/close all foldersMain Teams
Monkey D. Luffy
- Voiced by: Mayumi Tanaka
- Big Eater: Much of his drive comes from wanting to eat.
- Nice Hat: His greatest treasure is his straw hat, given to him by his father-figure, the pirate Shanks.
- Rubber Man: Luffy's Gum-Gum Devil Fruit ability allows him to stretch himself, which he incorporates into his fighting style.
- Worthy Opponent: In the game, he's Toriko's.
Portgas D. Ace
- Voiced by: Toshio Furukawa
- Elemental Punch: His signature Hiken (Fire Fist), which also makes up his epithet of "Fire-Fist Ace".
- Finger Gun: His Higan (Fire Gun) direction+circle special.
- Playing with Fire: He ate a Logia type Devil Fruit, the Mera Mera Fruit (Flare Flare Fruit).
- Last Chance Hit Point: If he would be the last KO in a match, he'll instead get up with 20% of his HP restored. However, this can only happen once per match.
- No Arc in Archery: In his ultimate.
- Pegasus: His guiding constellation and Cloth.
- Power Gives You Wings: The Sagittarius Cloth has wings.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: His Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Can perform a spinning piledriver.
- Voiced by: Junko Takeuchi
- Boisterous Bruiser: In comparison to most ninja, Naruto's fighting style has always been of the "powerhouse" type.
- Doppelgänger Attack: The Shadow Clone Jutsu.
- Golden Super Mode: He has access to the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra, but he can only access it during Victory Burst.
- Highly Visible Ninja: He wears a bright orange outfit!
- Power Palms: His Rasengan (Spiraling Sphere) and its many variations.
- Shounen Hair: His hair is really spiky.
- Sphere of Destruction: His Bijuu Dama (Tailed-Beast Orb) Limit Break.
- Super Mode: His Sage Mode is the normal version that only lasts a set amount of time, and can mainly be done outside of Victory Burst. It also changes his Rasengan to become Futon: Rasen Shuriken (Wind Release: Spiraling Shuriken).
- Worthy Opponent: Ichigo's.
- Voiced by: Nozomu Sasaki
- Cracking Up: His taunt is cracking his knuckles.
- Finger Gun: His Reigan (Spirit Gun). Unlike the Jump Super Stars series, he can freely move while using it (which is why he doesn't have a normal direction+circle special). It can approach Spam Attack levels! He can of course, charge it up for more damage.
- Japanese Delinquent
- Megaton Elemental Punch: His Reikoudan (Spirit Light Bullet) AKA Spirit Wave, done by inputting Circle once more during his Shotgun, which has more narrow range but packs more of a punch.
- Only Sane Man: He's the only one hesitant on adding Hinata to their party since the latter is an Ordinary High-School Student whose only special skill involves volleyball.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Some of his standard attacks within his combo strings, seemingly based on the ones he used during his fight against Toguro.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: His Spirit Shotgun, which acts as his R1+Circle special.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His name can be written as "Yusuke", "Yuusuke" or "Yūsuke".
- Sphere of Destruction: His Limit Break, Kyokudai Reigan (Maximum Spirit Gun). The kanji for "gan" in his Reigan in general also literally translates to "round".
- Super Mode: His Mazoku form. Interesingly, it seems to be activated when Yusuke is knocked out and only can happen during his Victory Burst.
- Use Your Head: Yusuke's well known trait is that his headbutts are quite brutal. He uses them as one of his combo finishers.
- Voiced by: Megumi Han
- Voiced by: Masakazu Morita
- Badass Longcoat: Starts out in his Bankai as opposed to his Shikai.
- Black Swords Are Better: His Bankai, Tensa Zengetsu (Heavenly Chain Slaying Moon).
- Dark Is Not Evil: Especially with his Hollow Mask.
- Death-or-Glory Attack: Saigo no Getsuga Tenshou: Mugetsu (The Last Moon Fang Heaven Piercer: Moonless). It K.Os him if he uses it.
- Not So Different: With Yusuke.
- Shoryuken: His Kogetsuzan (Arc Moon Slash) special.
- Spam Attack: His Tenshou Ranbu (Heaven Piercing Wild Dance) special has him teleport and stab at his opponent, and slash at them from a few directions followed by a wild assault from all around them rapidly. Has a wild distorted kiai to top it off.
- Super Mode: He's already using his Bankai at the start. His Hollow Mask (which is a temporary power up done at any point over 100% stamina) and his Last Getsuga Tenshou (only used for his Limit Break) are his Super Modes in this game.
- Sword Beam: His signature Getsuga Tenshou (Moon Fang Heaven Piercer). Can also spam it for a barrage of projectiles as per what Ichigo can normally do with it in his Bankai.
- You Gotta Have Orange Hair
- Worthy Opponent: In the game, he's Naruto's.
Tatsumi Oga (with Baby Beel)
- Series: Beelzebub
- Badass and Child Duo: Beel actually empowers Oga.
- Japanese Delinquent: More or less, one of Jump's most famous delinquents.
- Men Don't Cry: More or less his quote in the 7th trailer.Oga: Real men don't cry! They'll underestimate you otherwise!Baby Beel: Da!
- Naked People Are Funny: Averted. It's hard to tell, but Beel is wearing a diaper.
- However, in his home series, Beel is pretty much constantly naked. To quote Oga, "It's just how he rolls."
- No Mouth: Baby Beel's mouth is always covered by his pacifier.
- Shock and Awe: Baby Beel becomes electrified when he cries, so Oga uses this to his advantage by throwing him at his opponents.
- Papa Wolf
- Super Mode/Fusion Dance: Super Milk Time. Oga drinks some special milk made for Beel which causes their bodies to unite.
- Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: His Kousoku Giri (High-Speed Cutter) special, where he dashes forward in iconic fashion, to cut his opponent up with 16 slashes as he did with Seiryu.
- Flash Step: A ton of his moves and his main specialty.
- Flaming Sword: His Jaou Ensatsu Ken (Wicked King Immolation Sword) AKA Sword of Darkness Flame has quite a bit of reach with said flame on it.
- A majority of his stronger sword-based moves, despite not being as visible on the sword itself (such as his R1+Square ranged/area attack and his R1+Triangle Guard Break attack) involves his connecting target to be set on fire, only the fire is pure black. Slight traces of darkness can be slightly seen on Hiei's katana amongst the visible air-cuts, but some moves like his aforementioned Kousoku Giri don't actually produce the effect.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons: His Jaou Ensatsu Kokuryuuha (Wicked King Immolation Black Dragon Wave) AKA Dragon of Darkness Flame, where he undoes his arm belts to unleash a black dragon of pure demon fire that storms around the area in front of him, juggling enemies and causing havoc.
- Master Swordsman: Despite being mostly a hand-to-hand-based fighter and a very solid one in his home series, Hiei's liking for swordsmanship is no slouch at all, as he occasionally draws it out in several of his moves.
- Noble Demon: Literally. He despite his brutality still has his own rules and his more soft side deep down.
- Playing with Fire: Hiei's a fire demon. He can use both normal and demon fire, but the former isn't used in this game.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: He's a bit short for his size in comparison to others. But boy, ever since being on Yusuke's side, can he smack someone around as well as slice them up with style. Should we also mention his control over fire?
- Rapid Fire Elemental Fisticuffs: His Jaou Ensatsu Rengoku Shou (Wicked King Immolation Purgatory Scorch) AKA Fists of Mortal Flame.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Quite the cold and brutal guy on the outside, but has his intentions and a soft spot for others on the inside.
- Super Mode: When Hiei can absorb the black dragon from his Kokuryuuha, he is able to have an overall damage boost with more range on his R1+Square ranged attack. Not to mention he can also lower his opponents' stamina bars on blocked hit by a larger amount than usual. Like most Super Modes, this can only be done during his Victory Burst (since all Limit Breaks can only be done from there anyways).
- The slight deviation from the rest of the examples here is that Hiei's Super Mode can only be accessed during his Limit Break, and is not usually the other way around.
- Technicolor Fire: His Jaou Ensatsu Ken by default and the rest of his katana-based moves when powered-up by his special taunt are greenish black.
- However, his aforementioned Rengoku Shou is a bit more purple-black, while Kokuryuuha instead is pure black with some small shades of purple when he absorbs it.
- Third Eye: His Jagan (Evil Eye). He can even remove the bandage covering it to power himself up briefly via special taunt that grants all of his sword-based moves demonic fire properties. Also gets removed when he absorbs his Kokuryuuha.
- Trash Talk: With Sasuke.Hiei: Can you see that? Way different from your little sparks. These are the flames of a demon. Don't underestimate the power of the Jagan!Sasuke: In front of the Sharingan, the power of your Jagan seems mediocre at best.
- Megaton Punch: His Nail Punch technique.
- Razor-Sharp Hand: His Fork and Knife techniques.
- Worthy Opponent: Luffy's.
- Series: TorikoVoiced by: Kenji Matsuda
- Big Eater: He ate twenty-six species into extinction.
- Nightmare Face: The left side of his cheek has been torn off, showing his teeth.
- Voiced by: Masako Nozawa
- Anime Hair: He was born with it.
- Blood Knight: Of the rare heroic variety. He's glad to pick a good fight and fight for justice and Earth's safety all at once.
- Combined Energy Attack: The Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb).
- Golden Super Mode: Super Saiyan. Like Vegeta, he can access it when he fully charges up his stamina gauge to 200%. But anything that empties it completely it will cause him to revert back, and said mode can be accessed outside of Victory Burst unlike others.
- Human Alien: One of the Saiyan.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Duh!
- Blow You Away: He can swing his sword hard enough to create tornados.
- The Coats Are Off: Can ditch his longcoat mid-battle.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Doesn't wear a shirt under his chest-baring longcoat.
- Series: Rurouni KenshinVoiced by Mayo Suzukaze
- Animal Motifs: The Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryuu has heavy emphasis on the dragon.
- Attack Its Weak Point: His Kuzuryuusen (Nine-Headed Dragon Flash), which does a quick-yet-powerful nine strikes at once at the opponent's nine-vital spots. It also, just like its source of origin, cannot be blocked or dodged head-on, but it can at least be logically sidestepped only if you dash around it far and quick enough.
- Death from Above: His Ryuutsuisen (Dragon Hammer Flash), either done from the air, or from the rise of his Ryuushousen.
- Diagonal Cut: His fighting style's ougi, the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki (Flash of the Heavenly Soaring Dragon), and an impossibly fast one at that due to the unique requirements compared all battoujutsu-based moves. The R1+Circle version can allow him to counter any attack that comes his way or be guaranteed to slash any opponent that comes near after his delay in the stance.
- Dishing Out Dirt: His Douryuusen (Earth/Land Dragon Flash) as his R1+Square ranged attack, which makes Kenshin strike his sword along the ground to send ground-based debris at his opponent's direction.
- Good Is Not Nice
- The Fettered: As per usual. Kenshin will never kill anyone at all hence he wields a sakabatou and still can pack a nasty punch with such a limitation and vow alike. The sound effects whenever he hits someone with hit aren't even typical slicing sounds.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: The Trope Codifier, being known as the "Battousai" in the past. His main fighting style, the Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryuu (Flying Heaven Govern Sword-Style) also focuses heavily on battoujutsu.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Capable of slicing a building-sized Getsuga Tenshou in the opening.
- Japanese Pronouns: "Sessha". Or "ore" if he happens to revert to his original self.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wields a sakabatou (inverted edge blade) styled like a katana. As mentioned above, all the sound effects with the sword are typical battering sounds as opposed to slicing sounds.
- Master Swordsman: He wasn't known as Battousai the Manslayer for nothing, and he still packs a punch even with a blade on the wrong side of his sword.
- Red Baron: Battousai the Manslayer. Previously of course.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
- Slashes That Suck: His Limit Break, Nidangamae Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki (Two-Stage Stance Flash of the Heavenly Soaring Dragon). This version causes the very first slash made from the sheer speed of his sword-draw to cut the air into a void, which can cause opponents to stand still while Kenshin throws out the second slash.
- Shoryuken: The two variations of his Ryuushousen (Dragon Soaring Flash), done either from an upward chin slash, or from his Ryuutsuisen.
- Spin Attack: His Ryuukansen (Dragon Coiling Flash) series, done mainly as his neutral circle special. With the standard variation of course (which isn't seen often); as well as the Kogarashi (Wintry Wind; a more singular turning slash), Tsumuji (Whirl; Kenshin spirals like a torpedo forward and is also done as one of his dash attacks) and Arashi (Storm/Tempest; forward somersaulting slash), with all three of those done much like his five-hit combo against Shishio.
- Stance System: By using R1+Triangle at a certain distance, Kenshin can transition into his battoujutsu stance (at the cost of one stamina bar) where he dash all around at a much faster speed and is able to use certain battoujutsu moves unique to said stance. During it however, he can't block, use any of his specials or move around with mechanics such as dashes like his in his normal stance.
- Warrior Therapist
- Verbal Tic: "Oro" and "de gozaru".
- Captain Obvious: When facing Madara, although he doesn't realize it until after he's said his Catch Phrase.Kenshiro: You're already....dead...?Madara: That's all you have to say?
- Invincibility Power-Up: Musou Tensei (Blank Mind Transmigration).
- Megaton Punch: His Limit Break followup, Musou no Ichigeki (Blow of the Blank Mind).
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: One of the most popular examples of this. "Hokuto....Hyakuretsuken!" (North Star...Hundred Rending Fists!)
- Spell My Name with an "S": "Kenshiro", "Kenshirō" or "Kenshirou". Several of his appearances in several forms of media often use the "single o/u" example though.
- Voiced by: Noriaki Sugiyama
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: His Susano'o (Ought-Skill Helper).
- Breath Weapon: His classic Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu (Fire Release: Great Fireball Jutsu). Can also be done in midair and homes in on opponents.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Was good, then evil, then turned out to be good, then super evil, now good again. Still evil in the game, though.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Wields a chokutou (straight blade) ever since his alliance with Orochimaru.
- Playing with Fire: As per Uchiha clan tradition, Sasuke is well-versed in fire-based techniques.
- Power Palm Dash Attack: His signature Chidori for one of his specials (direction+circle).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His Sharingan (Copy Wheel Eye) and its evolved form Mangekyou Sharingan (Kaleidoscope Copy Wheel Eye).
- Shock and Awe: Thanks to Kakashi's training years ago. Sasuke has honed his Chidori (Thousand Birds) technique to various levels, such as being able to project it into an area-of-effect storm via Chidori Nagashi (Thousand Birds Stream; his R1+Square ranged/area attack).
- Technicolor Fire: His usage of Amaterasu (Heavenly Shine) and later on Entou: Kagutsuchi (Flame Release: Added Tool Land Life) grants him very hot pure-black fires. The fire on his Susano'o is a shade of purple.
- The Rival: To Naruto.
- Voiced by: Tesshō Genda
- Voiced by: Ryūsei Nakao
- Breakout Villain: It's telling that he was the villain chosen to represent Dragon Ball.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: His all-purpose problem-solver.
- Galactic Conqueror: Exterminates the population of planets and either sells them to the highest bidder or, if they don't have resources that people want, destroys them.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: His taunt shows him being uninterested to see opponents using same attack patterns over and over, which may also happen to be reflecting the player's habit of Button Mashing.
- Villain Team-Up: With Raoh.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: If Raoh would be the last KO in a match, he'll recreate his famous death scene, Famous Last Words and all.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Medaka attempts to let Raoh admit that her body is pretty good. He's having none of that.Medaka: Raoh! Tell me that I am the prettiest!Raoh: Know this! I will not fall for your charms!
- Villain Team-Up: With Frieza.
- Voiced by: Fumihiko Tachiki
- Anti-Villain: He's a marine, who fights pirates and other criminals. But still ruthless and merciless.
- Death from Above: His ultimate attack, Ryuusei Kazan (Meteor Volcano).
- Kill It with Fire: Most of his move set is based on firey magma attacks.
- Magma Man: Literally. His Devil Fruit allows him to turn himself into lava.
- Villain Team-Up : With Shishio Makoto.
- Series: Rurouni KenshinVoiced by: Masanori Ikeda
- Bandage Mummy: He's nearly completely covered in bandages.
- Blade Spam: His signature Homura Dama (Blazing Soul), where he does a simple barrage of wide-covering flame slashes that have quite an area-of-effect.
- Having a Blast: His Guren Kaina (Crimson Lotus Arm), where he grabs his opponent and uses his signature ability to light his gloved hand on fire.
- Hot-Blooded: Quite literally. He actually dies of overheating in the manga.
- Limit Break: His final attack never seen fully in the manga or anime, Kaguzuchi (Fire Bearing Spirit God). In this game, it's portrayed as a flaming cyclone on his sword that Shishio smashes the ground with.
- Playing with Fire: Via his blade, the Mugenjin (Infinity Blade) absorbing human fats from his slain enemies.
- Shoryuken: His Mugenjin Senkuu (Infinity Blade Whirling Air) is a Dash Attack example of this.
- The Social Darwinist: For him, the strong are destined to live and the weak are destined to die. It is referenced in his battle-intro.
- Villain Team-Up: With Akainu.
- Voiced by: Naoya Uchida
- Breath Weapon: His neutral circle special, Katon: Gouka Mekkyaku (Fire Release: Great Fire Effacement).
- Combat Hand Fan: More of a pole-arm example. During his battle intro, Madara is seen catching his signature gunbai uchiwa (stratagem fan) after being thrown to him. He also wields it during a few of his combo attacks.
- Counter Attack: His Uchiha Gaeshi (Uchiha Return) special, where he catches any incoming attack with his gunbai fan held out to block attacks and then sends a converted-wind chakra blast at them.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Death from Above: His Limit Break, Tengai Shinsei (Heavenly Obstacle Quake Star), which summons a meteorite onto the battlefield.
- Magic Misfire: Usually, when the target is near Madara, he can get himself caught in the blast when the second meteorite is summoned. Good thing there's no friendly fire damage for it.
- Our Zombies Are Different: He's summoned with Edo Tensei, being technically a zombie.
- Playing with Fire: As an Uchiha, fire-based techniques are his specialty.
- Villain Team-Up: With Aizen.
- Voiced by: Shou Hayami
- A God Am I: He aims to dethrone the Soul King and take his place.
- Deflector Shields: Uses the Bakudo Spell Danku to hold off attacks.
- Evil Sorceror: Uses a wide variety of kidou, including Dankuu (Severing Air) and Rikujoukourou (Six Bars Light Prison).
- Master of Illusion: His Zanpakuto, Kyouka Suigetsu (Mirror Flower Water Moon), can completely control the senses of those affected by it.
- Pillar of Light: His Limit Break, where he uses the Hougyoku (Crumbling Orb) to power himself up via causing a purple dark pillar of energy to rise up and cause a shockwave around him. The effects seem to last throughout the rest of his Victory Burst.
- Power Crystal: He has the Hougyoku, although he doesn't merge with it completely. He does use it to power himself up in his Limit Break though.
- Villain Team-Up: With Uchiha Madara.
- Artificial Human: The human part is debatable.
- Badass Teacher: His cap and gown isn't just for show. He's an intelligent, full blown teacher for a class of students that tries (and fails) to assassinate him on a regular basis.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Like in Assassination Classroom, Koro-sensei's body color changes depending on his mood. His default is Yellow or Green (Normal mood), Yellow with Green-Stripes for when he's mocking you, and red for when he's angry.
- Combat Tentacles: Utilizes his swift, whip-like tentacles to great effect.
- Kaleidoscope Face: Since he's always smiling, his face changes color to indicate his current mood.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Not only in his series, he's the strangest looking character in this entire game and in Shounen Jump, too.
- Perpetual Smiler: No matter how he feels, he constantly wears the same wide grin on his face.
- Signature Laugh: " Nurufufufu."
- Super Speed: His forte, he moves at Mach 20.
- Villain Protagonist: In his series. Though, the villain part is debatable.
- Wrestler in All of Us: He performs a spinning piledriver AFTER taking his for around the world at Mach 20.
Medaka KurokamiAce. In addition of naturally being above average, Medaka also harbors a special ability that allows her copy a person's special power and personality, allowing her to master and use it at will. Her prodigious capabilities are the reason why the Mysterious Voice chose her to be one of the Examiners for J Stars Vs's Tournamanent.
- Action Girl: Alongside Hancock and Arale in this game, at least as far as playable characters are concerned.
- Boobs of Steel: Medaka sports a generously-sized chest and mostly fights using physical attacks.
- Cleavage Window: Thanks to her attire, although Medaka's 3D character model also really emphasizes her breasts.
- Gainaxing: Well of course; one of her attacks even has her jumping in place in preparation for a dash attack. Oddly enough, even the model of Absolute Cleavage that is Hancock jiggles less than Medaka does.
- Ms. Fanservice: Just like Hancock, Medaka's very aware of her beauty and is a Shameless Fanservice Girl.
- The Ojou: Her odder quirks aren't as apparent in this game. Combine that with her desire to solve everyone's problems while allowing them to better themselves, and you get someone who's capable of handling the eccentric cast of Jump Stars Vs.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her long blue hair stops around her knees.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only female examiner.
- Super Mode: Her God of War mode.
Tsunayoshi "Tsuna" Sawada (with Reborn)
- Series: Katekyo Hitman Reborn!Tsuna voiced by: Yukari KokubunReborn voiced by: Neeko
- Adaptational Heroism: Reborn is notably less hostile towards Tsuna here compared to the original manga/anime. In the story mode, the worst he does is chastise Tsuna for being too nice.
- Anime Hair: Both of them.
- Badass Adorable: Both of them.
- Badass and Child Duo: Subverted. Reborn is much more badass than Tsuna, but he never fights.
- Elemental Punch: His X-Burner special, and his Limit Break, Big Bang Axle followed by a Burning Axle finisher.
- Guest Star Party Member: In the story mode. He doesn't stay because both he and Reborn are actually examiners.
- In-Series Nickname: Tsunayoshi is mostly called "Tsuna".
- Nice Guy: Tsuna, so much so that he willingly becomes a Guest Star Party Member in the story mode despite being one of the examiners and even manages to convince Reborn to give the heroes a hint as to where the third emblem might be.
- Nice Hat: Reborn.
- Non-Action Guy: Reborn, because he would be too broken (in the original manga and anime).
- Playing with Fire: Tsuna uses his (Sky) Dying Will Flames.
- Power Fist: Tsuna's X-Gloves.
- Really 700 Years Old: The Arcobaleno Curse is the reason why Reborn is trapped in the body of an infant.
- Token Mini-Moe: In the story mode, Tsuna is the youngest examiner.
Other Playable Characters
- Action Girl: The oldest example in this game (not her actual age).
- Breath Weapon: the N'cha Cannon.
- Catch Phrase: N'cha!
- Meganekko: She's fitted with rather large glasses.
- Megaton Punch: As in her home series, her punches are strong enough to break Earth in two.
- Robot Kid/Robot Girl: Much to the surprise of almost everyone in Jump Stars Vs.
- Voiced by: Kotono Mitsuishi
- Absolute Cleavage: Her outfit is essentially a really
- Action Girl: Along with Arale and Medaka.
- Ascended Extra: She's not even a main character or a main villain from One Piece.
- Boobs of Steel: Shared with Medaka.
- Combat Stilettos: Fights in her heels. Her ultimate attack finishes with a heel kick as well.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Her entire personality is built upon her beauty, so she'll always taunt her opponents about being "taken" by her beauty.
- Forehead of Doom: Thanks to a prominent part in her bangs.
- Jerkass: To everyone who isn't Luffy. All others are just obstacles and anoyances.
- Kick Chick: Her primary fighting style
- Lady of War: Of the graceful variety.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the most shameless examples, even in this game. She competes with Medaka on this as well.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has ankle-length black hair that she flicks at the start of every battle.
- She's Got Legs: considering her costume shows a lot of leg, this is a given.
- Tsundere: She's only deredere to Luffy.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: Self-proclaimed and officially recognized in her original series, where she's tied with Mermaid Princess Shirahoshi.
- Series: Bobobo-bo Bo-boboBobobo-bo Bo-bobo voiced by: Takehito KoyasuDon Patch voiced by: Masaya Onosaka
- Afro Asskicker: He's so pleased with his afro that he taunts Yusuke's hairstyle if they're fighting each other in battle.
- Ambiguously Brown: With blonde hair to boot.
- Cloudcuckoolander: One of the biggest... His series is considered "crazy" for a reason.
- Fighting Clown: Coming from a silly and non-nonsensical world—as well as his fighting style being based around his nose hair—makes this a given.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: We can already see him using Don Patch as a projectile and a shield!
- Badass Normal: Unlike most of the other characters, Gin is pretty much just a normal, if talented, samurai. The more surreal moves he has are mostly references to how "meta" his show is.
- Battle Aura: Does so just like how Seiya does it.
- Combat Commentator: Shinpachi comments on whatever Gintoki does during the fight with speech bubbles. Fortunately, it doesn't obscure the player's view.
- Dual Wielding: In his Limit Break, where he actually wields a real katana in tandem with his wooden one.
- Interface Screw: If he hits you with the Lake Toya's soy sauce, your screen will be filled with soy sauce, blinding players for a few seconds. Of course, this doesn't work against A.I. opponents.
- Kamehame Hadouken: A parody to Goku's Kamehameha.
- Epic Fail: Sometimes the move will fail, but will still fire some sort of black wind.
- No Fourth Wall: Fourth walls do not exist in Gintoki's vocabulary.
- Sword Pointing: His intro.
- Throw Down the Bomblet: Whenever he throws the Justaway bombs, either at long-range distance (for one of his specials) or all around him via area-of-effect as he covers his ears (for his ranged/area attack with R1+Square).
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: His mail-order bokuto.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Joestar.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Joestar.
- Badass Normal: He's a skilled mechanic, so most of his combat revolves around using his inventions (or models) against opponents.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Has a giant unibrow that's usually in the shape of an "M".
- Butt Monkey: Daijirou chews Ryotsu out during his ultimate.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Silly as he is, he can kick ass when pushed enough.
- Friend to All Children: Quickly gets along with Killua due to their mutual love for toys.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His surname is either written in romaji as "Ryotsu", "Ryōtsu" or "Ryoutsu". In-game uses the "no extra o/u or non-circumflex" example. Same with his boss, which can be "Daijiro", "Dajirō" or "Daijirou".
- Voiced by: Mariya Ise
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: A majority of his moves. And it's his nails more likely.
- Badass Adorable: He's badass and has an adorable side.
- Death from Above: His Narukami/Rakurai (Thunderbolt), done as his neutral circle special or during his Limit Break.
- Elemental Punch: His Shippuu Jinrai (Hurricane Swift Thunder) is portrayed as one, and it can only be done if his opponent draws near him during his direction+circle or if circle is released before charging it up fully to perform Denkou Sekka (Volt-Speed).
- Killer Yo-Yo: His weapon of choice in this game. Primary done as his ranged attack (R1+Square).
- Power Palms: His Izutsushi/Raishou (Thunder Palm), which in this game is one of his combo finishers as opposed to a special.
- Shock and Awe: His Hatsu (Emission) allows him to transform his aura into electricity, thanks to being constantly tortured since childhood.
- Super Mode: The Kanmuru/Shinsoku (Godspeed).
- Speed Blitz: His Limit Break, Hiraishin (Flying Thunder Quake). He then finishes with a super-powered Narukami for good measure.
- Stealth Expert: His Nen Control: Zetsu (Suppress) special is able to conceal him from sight for a short time or before he starts to attack.
- Token Mini-Moe: Is the youngest playable character alongside Gon.
- White Sheep: Bonus point for having white hair among his brothers.
- Blessed with Suck: He has so many powers, but isn't that good at using most of them.
- Comically Invincible Hero: In his series, he's invincible to the point where his everyday life is no longer challenging. The manga revolves around the hilarious problems that arise from this.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: His psychic powers make it hard for him to control his physical strength.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Throughout the story mode, he laments being unable to return to his peaceful, ordinary life.
- Psychic Powers: Has almost every psychic power you can imagine.
- The Stoic: A straitlaced teen who's constantly snarking at the other characters' antics.
- Stoic Spectacles: Wears tinted glasses that go along with his stoic demeanor.
- Series: Tottemo! LuckymanVoiced by: Mayumi Tanaka
- Born Lucky: Well, not born with it, but he is incredibly lucky!
- Colony Drop/Death from Above: His Limit Break, where he fires his Lucky Beam up into the sky to cause a huge structure to slam down on his opponent. If he's very unlucky however, he only causes a small wad of debris/a much smaller structure to fall down instead, and even falls over when calling it down.
Meisuke "Nube" Nueno
- Badass Teacher: His main job is teaching students and he cares deeply for them.
- Guest Star Party Member: When the main character's companions are possessed by demons in story mode, Nube joins the main character to help exorcise them. He leaves once the issue's resolved.
- Kamehame Hadoken: His ultimate.
- Paper Master: Can surround himself in a scroll to act as a barrier, or can wrap an opponent in one to trap them in place for a while.
- Red Left Hand: He has a demonic left hand, which he utilizes in combat.
- Voiced by: Motoko Kumai
- Assist Character: Summons an oni and an old woman to attack nearby opponents.
- Gasshole: Can fart as a double jump.
- Gonk: Even his "cute" face is affect by this. He's very nearly always drooling and having snot coming out of his nose.
- Unexpected Character: Let's be honest, can you name 5 people overseas who've heard of him?
- Use Your Head: He can use a charging headbutt as an attack.
- Voiced by: Ryo Horikawa
- Beam Spam: His neutral circle special, the signature Renzoku Enerugii Dan (Continuous Energy Bullets). Never lost his touch for that kind of move for a second.
- Blood Knight: More of the anti-hero variety.
- Diving Kick: More of a diving knee though; one of Vegeta's midair attacks is this.
- Forehead of Doom: It's almost memetic.
- Golden Super Mode: Super Saiyan. Like Goku, he can access it when he fully charges up his stamina gauge to 200%. But anything that empties it completely it will cause him to revert back, and said mode can be accessed outside of Victory Burst unlike others.
- Having a Blast: His direction+circle special, the Big Bang Attack.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: Was bad, then turned good, then bad, then good onwards. He's good in the game, though, as per usual.
- Hereditary Hairstyle: His hair style is the same as his father's.
- Human Alien: As one of the Saiyans.
- Limit Break: His signature Final Flash.
- Noble Demon: More or less.
- The Rival: To Goku.
- Smug Super: He does indeed have his pride. It wouldn't be Vegeta if not so.
- Sphere of Power: His R1+Circle special, Bakuhatsuha (Explosion Wave).
- Demoted to Extra: Originally a playable character in Jump Super Stars and its sequel, Allen's only a support character in this game.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His right eye is cursed to be able to see Akuma through of their disguised forms. It's since evolved several levels up a notch. He's at least a good guy though, despite a few questionable origins.
- Red Left Hand: His left hand is imbedded with Innocence, allowing him to cancel it through said hand. Like his eye, it has since evolved into its second form however.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Her support ability. Anyone she hits has their supports sealed for a time.
- Badass Normal: Mafia connections aside, she's just an ordinary school girl. Doesn't stop her from slapping some of the strongest fighters ever in the face.
- Love Bubbles: With Lala in the opening after the latter was pushed by Medaka to save her from a sliced building-sized Getsuga Tenshou.
Heihachi EdajimaHE IS THE CHAIRMAN OF OTOKOJUKU, HEIHACHI EDAJIMA!
- Bald of Awesome: One of the most famous examples in Shonen Jump's history.
- Catch Phrase: I'M THE PRINCIPAL OF THIS SCHOOL, HEIHACHI EDAJIMA!!
- Demoted to Extra: Originally a playable character in the sequel to Jump Super Stars.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa
- Monster Clown: He has the appearance of a card-suit themed harlequin, as well as a very unsettling demeanor that belies his sadistic nature.
- Series: Pyu to Fuku! JaguarVoiced by: Keiji Fujiwara
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Possibly one of the biggest in the game.
- Demoted to Extra: Just like Allen, he was originally a playable character in Jump Super Stars and its sequel. He's only a support now.
- Interface Screw: His assist attack causes ramen to cover the screen, blinding the opponent for a bit. Obviously, the computer is completely unaffected.
Kagura and Sadaharu
- A Girl And Her Dog: Though both girl and dog are horrifyingly strong (and the dog is huge).
- Demoted to Extra: Kagura was playable in the previous crossover.
- Human Alien: Kagura is from the Yato Race, a race of skilled fighters. Sadaharu is in fact an Inugami.
Lala Satalin Deviluke
- Love Bubbles: With Chitoge in the opening when Lala was pushed by Medaka to save her from a sliced building-sized Getsuga Tenshou.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is frequently mentioned getting nude for no reason. In fact, her recruitment quest involves finding her after she runs away from the Kame House, residence to Dragon Ball's Dirty Old Man bar none, Master Roshi (who's the one that requests you bring her back to him).
- Regenerating Health: her support skill. Any fighters within the area has some of their health bar healed very slowly.
- Break Out Villain / Breakout Character: The reason why he was chosen to be a support character instead of Zenkichi.
- Demoted to Extra: Again, a previously playable character in Jump Super Stars, but only in its sequel. Here, he's only a support.
- Our Demons Are Different: He's a parrot demon who takes a human-like appearance and eats mysteries.
- Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa
- Dark Is Not Evil: The Shihakushou of Shinigami are black.
- Demoted to Extra: Originally playable in the sequel to Jump Super Stars.
- An Ice Person: Her Zanpakutou Sode no Shirayuki is an ice-type Zanpuktou.
- Light Is Good: Her Shikai is pure white-colored, making her Sode no Shirayuki the most beautiful Zanpakutou in the Soul Society.
- Series: Haikyuu!!
- Badass Normal: He is also a normal highschooler.
- I Know Madden Kombat: He's from an anime about volleyball.
- Red-Headed Hero: More orange but you get the idea.
Sket Dan (Yusuke "Bossun" Fujisaki, Hime "Himeko" Onizuka, Kazuyoshi "Switch" Usui)
- Series: Sket DanceBossun voiced by: Hiroyuki YoshinoHimeko voiced by: Ryoko ShiraishiSwitch voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita
- Badass Normal: Despite Bossun's marksmanship and concentration, Himeko's "super" strength, and Switch's intel, they're just normal kids.
- Megane: Switch
- Nice Hat: Bossun wears one.
- Two Guys and a Girl: The team themselves.
- Go Look at the Distraction: Kuroko's support skill is to force an opponent to lock-on at the ball that is thrown till out of sight, losing the lock-on from the opponent momentarily.
- I Know Madden Kombat: Attacks using his skills in basketball.
- Power Palms: He uses his Ignite Pass to shoot the ball forward, since he can't shoot normally like in his home series he has to palm the ball in the direction he wants it to go.