Characters / Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Characters from the Izuna
The main character of the series. She and her clan are ninjas without a master, who eventually find their way to Kamiari village in search of work. Izuna has mastered the use of swords, claws, and shurikens, but her attempts to seduce the locals leave a lot to be desired.
- Bare Your Midriff: She exposes a little bit of her belly button in her main outfit.
- Big Eater: She has quite the appetite, yet she can still retain her sexy figure...
- Boobs of Steel: She's a busty kunoichi who is a master swordswoman.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Given to her by Shino. Never once does Izuna put them on throughout the game, as they only give her a Cat Girl look.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The whole reason she refuses to fight with long-ranged weapons. Similarly, she can also use claw weapons.
- Highly Visible Ninja: She's a kunoichi... with pink hair and a skimpy red outfit.
- Ms. Fanservice: Especially in the promotional materials, which put emphasis on her figure.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and though her heroics sometimes blow up in the faces of her friends, she means well.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Despite not having a proper employer, Izuna thinks she's hot stuff as a ninja.
- The Tease: She constantly flirts with the locals.
One of Izuna's traveling companions. She rarely shows emotion, but cares a lot for Izuna and tries to keep her from getting into trouble. In the second game, it is revealed that she has a younger sister named Shizune, who was spotted in the area.
Another of Izuna's traveling companions. While competent in a fight, Mitsumoto has terrible luck in just about every social endeavor, as he is casually dismissed and ignored by friend and villager alike.
- Master of None: In the second game, Mitsumoto can use any weapon and every character benefits from using a tag attack with him. He, however, gets no added benefits from using weapons, and takes damage whenever a tag attack is used.
- The Peeping Tom: He peeped on the girls while lounging in the hot springs in the second game, which he got caught, and how his true appearance was revealed from splashing him with the hot water.
Izuna, Shino and Mitsumoto's mentor. Like Shino, he is able to keep his cool in many situations, owed to his many years of being a ninja. He gets the worst of the effects of the curse in the first game, but is able to survive thanks to Izuna's heroics.
Gods in the first game
The Eastern God of Earth. He is the god closest to the people of the village, and helps teach young swordsmen.
The Eastern Goddess of Wind, and reason. She is known for her quick temper.
- Animal Motifs: A bird, fitting in with her wind theme.
- Blow You Away: During her boss battle, she uses tornadoes that blast Izuna across the arena.
- Kick Chick
- In the first game, her special attack is a kick that sends Izuna spinning, and causes confusion.
- In the second game, she is limited to using shoes as equippable weapons, unlike other characters, who can use at least two types.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Mostly due to her confusion-inducing special attack.
The Eastern God of Fire, and compassion, also known as the god of health.
- The Medic: Implied by his status as the god of health. His elemental orb helps heal sick people, and people with other ailments such as sore legs.
- Nice Guy: He really is quite nice under all his hot-bloodedness and arrogance. Being the god of health and compassion helps.
- Wolverine Claws: His Weapon of Choice in both games. His special attack in the first game is a long chain of claw attacks that does a lot of damage, and one would be lucky enough to survive it.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: If Fuuka wasn't this for some, then Kagen would be for them, again mostly due to his special attack.
The Eastern Goddess of Water, and peace.
- Animal Motifs: A fish, and similarly also a mermaid, fitting in with her water theme.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Much of her and Izuna's conversations are the two throwing insults at one another.
The Eastern God of Air, and life.
- Bishounen: To the point where he looks like a girl. He used to attract many women in the past before a jealous villager started spreading a rumour that Utsuho was actually a girl.
- Green Thumb: His tag attack in the second game implies this.
The Eastern God of Consciousness, and master to the other five.
Gods in the second game
The Western God Of Light.
The Westren God of starlight.
The Western God of moonlight.
The Western God of sunlight.
- Mama Bear: Borders on this after her sisters had been "bullied" by Izuna and company.
The Western goddess of life.
The elderly innkeeper. Oddly, she is the one person in all of Kamiari who seems to like Mitsumoto, which freaks him out.
A shrine maiden-in-training who runs the storage house in Kamiari.
A middle-aged woman who runs the general store in Kamiari.
A strong fisherwoman looking for a mate as rough-and-tumble as she is. By the end of the first game (and beginning of the second), she finds him.
- Best Her to Bed Her: Wants a husband who is stronger than she is. The only problem is that she's way too strong.