Masako Nozawa, a voice actress born in 1936, is most famous as Son Goku (and all other males in Goku's family (except for Raditz), in the Dragon Ball franchise. She usually played the Cute Shotaro Boy during most of her career. These days, she plays usually the Badass Grandma or mother, though, as well as The Narrator. Due to her role as Goku, she pretty much established herself as one of the legendary voice actors in the business, and she has also stated that she will continue to reprise Goku and family in any Dragon Ball media until her death.She later set up her own talent agency.
Notable roles by Masako Nozawa:
- The Commissar in Final Fantasy Type-0.
- Doraemon in the first Doraemon series (replacing Kousei Tomita).
- Doug Funnie in the Japanese dub of Doug.
- Dina Byrnes (Blythe Danner) in the Japanese dub of Meet the Parents and its respective sequels.
- Enma-kun in the 1973 Dororon Enma-kun anime.
- Esteban in The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
- Guilmon and his evolved forms (Dukemon below inclusive) and The Narrator in Digimon Tamers.
- Herself in Sore ga Seiyuu!.
- Hina Urashima in Love Hina.
- Hiroshi Suzuishi and Honerva in GoLion.
- Hiroshi in Dokonjou Gaeru.
- Ishishi in Kaiketsu Zorori.
- Kinta in Mirumo De Pon.
- Kintaro in Urusei Yatsura.
- Kitaro in the first two Gegege No Kitaro series.
- She later reprised her role in "Hakaba Kitaro", a more faithful adaptation of the original manga.
- Doctor Kureha in One Piece.
- Masamune (Morrison) in Pokémon.
- Mr. Frills in Nichijou.
- Old Woman (Impa) in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- Princess Ozma in the 1986 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz anime.
- Sanae Yukishiro (Honoka's grandmother) in Futari wa Pretty Cure.
- Son Gokunote , Son Gohannote , Bardock, Son Gotennote , Vegettonote , Gogeta note , Gotenks note , Tullece, Goku Black in the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Including Dragon Ball Kai, which re-recorded the voices.
- Tetsurō Hoshino in Galaxy Express 999.
- Willy in Maya the Bee.
- Wukong in the Japanese dub of League of Legends, which is pretty much an actor allusion to the above roles in Dragon Ball.note