) cast of Dog Days
, sorted by country.
open/close all folders
boy summoned by Millhiore as the Hero of Biscotti to counter Gallette's increasing aggressions. Master of the Holy Sword Palladion.
- Accidental Kiss: With Eclair, after a young cat goddess attempts to make them butt heads.
- Accidental Pervert: Accidentally groped Eclair and stripped her down to her panties, saw Millhiore nude four times already and Becky once, had a naked Noir land on top on him, and also accidentally copped a feel from Sharu.
- Badass Adorable: A sweet, caring, carefree boy who can hold himself in battle.
- Badass Normal/Empowered Badass Normal: Initially he has nothing but his gymnastic skills to get by, then he starts learning some basic spells.
- Bishōnen: Already quite the looker, especially in his Hero Stone form.
- Blade on a Stick: In Dash, he can now transform Palladion into a lance.
- But Not Too Foreign: He is half-British (specifically, from Cornwall in southwest England), explaining his blond hair.
- Celibate Hero: Claimed to be this to Becky in Episode 3 of Dash. She didn't believe in the slightest.
- In Episode 13 of Dash he admits to Couvert that he has to accomplish a goal first before entering a relationship.
- Chick Magnet: Best described in episode eight while Becky and Milhi are talking about him.
Rebecca: Shinku seems to fall in love with everyone he meets.
Milhi: And that's what we love about him.
- Expy: Of Flynn Scifo, sharing the same blond hair, chivalrous attitude and voice actor.
- Of Erio if you want another work by Seven Arc.
- Fish out of Water: At times.
- The Hero: For Millhiore and Biscotti.
- Hover Board: The "Tornada".
- Idiot Hero: Though he has mostly grown out of ignorance when he first arrived, Eclair refers to him as this.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Le Parkour: Hell, every episode this guy's doing something athletic wherever he goes.
- Magnetic Hero: It has been proven, stated, and shown that Cinque has the ability to befriend any person he meets and is able to win the affections of pretty much every main and supporting character that shows up. Millhiore brings this up the most; constantly inquiring whether or not various people that Cinque meets in Season 1 like him, as she likes him so much that she expects everyone else too as well.
- Meaningful Name: "Shinku", the Japanese spelling of his name, means red. Guess what his primary outfit color is...
- Nice Guy
- Older Alter Ego: Midway through Dash, he gets a Hero's Stone, which gives him an Overnight Age-Up Super Mode. It even lets him completely ignore a People Puppets attempt.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Only a handful of characters actually call him by his real name. Everyone else just refers to him as "The Hero" or "Sir Hero".
- Playing with Fire
- Ship Tease: Has the most with practically every girl that appears in the show, shall we name them?
- With Millhiore? Check
- With Rico? Check
- With Eclair? Check
- With Yuki? Check
- With Noir? Check
- With Becky? Heck yes
- And now we even have Nanami (who is his cousin) in Season 3.
- Simple Staff: He turns his Palladion into this. In Dash he also allows it to transform into a spear.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some fansubs translate his name as "Shinku", although its inscription in katakana implies it is a foreign name.
- Some fansubs translate the name into "Sink", "Shinku" is more reasonable because of its meaning but seriously "SINK"?
- Summon Everyman Hero
- You Can't Go Home Again: In Episode 2 of the first season, he discovers, much to his despair, that once summoned to Flonyard, he can never return home again. Ricotta ultimately found a way to do so, but it also ran the risk of wiping out his memories of Flonyard and barring him from returning. Turns out the mementos he left for his friends ultimately gave Ricotta a way to bring him back and restore his memories.
Cinque's thirteen-year-old classmate and friend. In Dash
she plays a bigger role when she was brought by Cinque to Flonyard, where Princess Couvert recruits her to become the Heroine of Pastillage. Uses the Holy Sword Mercurius.
- Ascended Extra: Starting off as Cinque's only contact on Earth for the first season, come Dash she plays a bigger role — not only does she get the chance to see Flonyard, but was also scouted as the Heroine of Pastillage.
- Badass Adorable: Just like Cinque, she's quite the sweet kid with some gaming smarts that allow her to hold her own.
- Cards Of Power: Throws cards that explode and fire lasers; this lets her be an aerial bomber.
- Cool Big Sis: Serves this role for Couvert.
- The Fashionista
- Flying Broomstick: In keeping up with Rebecca's Magical Girl form, her Mercurius often takes this form.
- Hand Cannon: When she has to fight, she can also turn Mercurius into this.
- Gamer Chick
- Genre Savvy: Knew about Cinque's Battle Harem, realizes that she might lose the competition for his heart, and that they may spend less and less time with each other as time passes.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Gravity Master: Her "Gravity Ball" is Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Green Eyes
- The Heroine: As the Spoiler Opening of Dash shows, she becomes this for Couvert and Pastillage.
- High-Pressure Emotion: Last episode of Dash when Cinque calls her by her name for the first time.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Who knew her skills at Bullet Hell games would come so handy?
- In-Series Nickname: "Becky"
- Locked Out of the Loop: Throughout the first season, she's unaware of Cinque's stay in Flonyard. Ultimately subverted in Dash, when Cinque Princess Carries her along to Flonyard.
- Magical Girl: Her setup as the Heroine of Pastillage.
- Muggle: In the first season.
- Older Alter Ego: Like Cinque and Gaul's Hero Crystal, the Demon Crystal gives her an Overnight Age-Up Super Mode
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Last episode of Dash.
- Shipper on Deck/I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Actively encourages Millhiore to become Cinque's most precious person.
- Super Mode: Gets one in Episode 12 of Dash with the Demon Crystal.
- Transformation Sequence: In Season 2 Episode 2, involving a rather surreal scene depicting her being analyzed/groped in the nude by techno-magical tentacles with a look of ecstasy on her face.
- Tsundere: Type B, in contrast to Éclair's Type A. This aspect of hers is completely dropped in Dash.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: She's well aware that she's most likely going nowhere with Cinque, with all the competition around him, though the end of Dash points to a potential subversion, when Cinque is stunned at the sight of her Letting Her Hair Down, and later tried to call her on a First Name Basis.
- Wave Motion Gun: Her ultimate move.
- Weak, but Skilled: Unlike Cinque and Nanami, Becky is athletically average. She compensate this by using her well honed skill and reflexes as Gamer Chick to become a Mage-type heroine that actually manages to one-up Cinque and Nanami during her first outing, before Ricotta comes to the rescue with a bullet barrage.
Cinque's older cousin and, like him, summoned to Flonyard as the Heroine of Galette in Dash
. Wielder of the holy sword Exmachina.
- Badass: She's stronger than Cinque.
- Boyish Short Hair
- But Not Too Foreign: Implied, with her being first seen in London.
- Cat Smile: Sports one from time to time, as evidenced by the subtle one in her picture.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Mentioned a few times before appearing at the end of season one. And come Dash, she wields a Chekhov's Gun in Exmachina.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Shinku
- Expy: Her overall design pretty much evokes Subaru Nakajima, straight off another Seven Arcs anime — both girls are energetic, sport short dark hair, and wear speed-enhancing footwear (Nanami's skates to Subaru's rollerblades).
- Friendly Rival: For her cousin.
- Genki Girl
- The Glomp
- The Heroine: For Leonmitchelli and Galette.
- Instant Expert
- Jumped at the Call
- Last Episode New Character: Of the first season.
- Making a Splash/An Ice Person
- Oh, Crap: Her reaction to Brioche's Skyscraping Lupine God Void Fang
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Sharing this dynamic with Shinku as well.
- Rollerblade Good
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: In Episode 2 of Dash, she didn't take much issue with being stripped down to her underwear after Ricotta's bullet barrage, so long as she's in her tank-top and spats. Subverted next episode, after Rebecca's beam barrage strips her completely naked.
- Simple Staff: Her preferred form for the Exmachina, like Cinque. She can also turn it into a Precision-Guided Boomerang.
- Stripperiffic: Her underwear in Heroine form is a blue tank-top (with a cleavage shaped like a cat's head) and matching spats. Modest enough, unless one notices that the sides of each piece are very much bare, bound together only by garters.
- Super Mode: Gets one in Episode 3 of Double Dash with the Spirit Crystal.
- Talking to Herself: Episode 3 has some scenes where she and Ricotta talk to each other.
- The Tease: the first thing she did when she meet her cousin? Kiss him on the cheek. Stripped down to skintight underwear by bombardment? Tease him by declaring that showing some skin are just fine.
Millhiore Filianno Biscotti
Princess and ruler of Biscotti. Master of the holy sword Excelide.
- Action Girl
- Battle Ballgown
- BFS: Her Excelide, an heirloom as princess of Biscotti. She uses it during the fight against the demon spirit and onwards.
- Big Good
- Cool Big Sis: To Couvert and an inverted case towards Leonmitchelli, two years her senior.
- Expy: She's quite similar to Lacus Clyne, being a pink-haired princess with purple eyes and a songstress who is beloved by her citizens. She's also quite similar in looks to Caro Ru Lushe, reinforced by the fact that both their shows are produced by Seven Arcs.
- In her battle dress, she can easily be mistaken for a pink, palette-swapped Saber.
- Girlish Pigtails: During her concerts.
- Hidden Buxom: How can that decent bustline of hers fit into a tight-fitting dress?
- Idiot Hair
- Idol Singer
- In-Series Nickname: "Millhi"
- Nice Girl
- Odango: Her standard hairstyle.
- Overly Long Name
- Perpetual Smiler
- Princesses Prefer Pink
- Purple Eyes
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: At the very least, she's an Idol Singer. She eventually becomes more active in combat, particularly in Dash.
- Spoiled Sweet
- Sword Beam
- Your Days Are Numbered: Throughout the first season, she was doomed to death within 30 days at the hands of a demon spirit, forcing Leonmitchelli, who discovered the premonition, to wage war on Biscotti in order to take her two sacred swords and let the ordained day pass without incident.
Fourteen-year-old captain of the Biscotti Imperial Army directly answering to Millhiore and Cinque's chief chaperone through Flonyard.
- Accidental Kiss: With Cinque, after a young cat goddess attempts to make them butt heads.
- Action Girl
- Cannot Spit It Out: She holds her feelings for Cinque inside herself, which causes some problems for her in episode 9 of season 2.
- The Comically Serious
- Foil: She is the smart, serious counterpart to inexperienced, energetic Cinque.
- Grumpy Bear: Despite almost everybody else being upbeat all of the time, Eclair stands out for being grump and negative most of the time.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Always feels out-of-place with her short, droopy dog-ears.
- Idiot Hair
- Improbable Age: Started training since childhood and is currently a commander at fourteen.
- In-Series Nickname: "Écle", or "Droopy Ears" in the subs.
- The Lancer: Of Biscotti
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Ends up flashing her panties a lot, and gets into a lot of fanservicey situations.
- Samus is a Girl: When they first meet, Cinque doesn't realize she's female until he accidentally gets a squeeze. Nobody else seems to have that problem.
- Ship Tease: Lots of it with Cinque. While this was left hanging at the end of first season, partially due to her inability to express her feelings, Episode 8 of Dash makes the subtext more obvious when she and Cinque accidentally lock lips.
- Sword Beam: This appears to be her trademark seal.
- The Knights Who Say Squee: More hinted at than shown outright, but she really looks up to Brioche.
- Tsundere: Type A
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: One of the eyecatches in Dash showed her happily playing on the beach as a little girl.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
Chief Researcher for the National Research School of Biscotti despite her thirteen years of age. Currently searching a way to help Cinque go home.
Knight Captain of Biscotti and Éclair's older brother.
Brioche D'Arquien/Hina Makishima
A freelance ninja from the Omitsu Squad currently employed by Biscotti as head of its secret service.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade
- BFS/Blade on a Stick: Her standard weapon. Taken up a notch with "Lupine God Void Fang, a sword several times taller than a mountain.
- Big Friendly Dog
- The Big Guy: Of Biscotti
- Boobs of Steel: Made apparent thanks to Clothing Damage in episode 7 of Dash.
- Braids of Action
- Cool Horse of a Different Color: Her Cellkull is nearly twice the size of everyone else's.
- Combat Commentator: Assumes this role in the first episode of Dash.
- Demon Slaying
- Do Not Call Me Hina Makishima: Played with, since the name is still important to her..
- Godiva Hair
- God Was My Copilot: Yukikaze, her Number Two, is a fox deity.
- Japanese Honorifics: Addreses nearly everyone with "-dono".
- Lady of War
- Lovely Angels: With Yukikaze.
- Multicolored Hair: Her hair is a darker shade below her cheeks.
- Ninja: Though she's more like a Samurai Knight Errant.
- Older Than She Looks: She's already around 150 years old, and has been working with Yukikaze for at least a century.
- One Woman Army
- Pals with Jesus: She's friends with Yukikaze, a land goddess, and Dash reveals that she also used to travel with both Adelaide and Valerio, as evidenced by the four of them taking a nostalgia trip.
- Parental Substitute: To Yukikaze, who she essentially raised after her parents were killed by demons.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Statuesque Stunner
- There Is Another: She was initially stated to have been the only survivor of her country. Then it turns out she had a brother she knew about the whole time. (She did say she thought he was dead, but her tone suggests she could have been mockingly exaggerating).
- Verbal Tic: Ends her speeches with "de gozaru", uses the pronoun "sessha", and addresses everyone with "-dono".
- World's Best Warrior: Brioche may be the most powerful character in the series although we still haven't seen Adelaide's full powers yet.
Brioche's second-in-command in the Omitsu Squad and fellow freelance ninja.
Voiced by: Mana Hirata
Head maid of Filianno Castle.
Voiced by: Mana Hirata
Biscottian Combat Commentator
A wandering swordsman, legendary swordsmith, and Brioche's older brother
. After spending years wandering Flonyard, he decides to permanently set up shop in Biscotti.
Leonmitchelli Galette des Rois
Princess of Galette, Millhiore's estranged childhood friend, and older sister of Gaul. In battle she personally leads her troops in battle, and wields the Demon Axe Grandvert, which she also transforms into a bow.
Gaul Galette des Rois
Prince of Galette and Leonmitchelli's younger brother.
- The Ace: A strong warrior prince adored by Galette, respected by Godwin, revered by the Genoise, and considered by Cinque as his equal. Leonmitchelli was even considering stepping down in favor of him when the prophecy of Millhiore's death forced her to change plans.
- Bash Brothers: Come Dash, he and Cinque started to occasionally team up.
- Bishōnen: A kid who looks incredibly good, especially under the influence of a Hero Stone.
A newscaster who commentates on the battles between the two countries.
A general and Gaul's direct subordinate.
Head of the Knights of Galette and an old rival of Rolan.
Member of the Genoise, Gaul's personal all-female espionage trio
, specializing in lithe combat.
Voiced by: Yoriko Nagata
A member of the Genoise trio specializing in heavy combat.
Vert Far Breton
A member of the Genoise trio specializing in long-ranged combat.
Captain of the Imperial Guard.
Duchy of Pastillage
Couvert Eschenbach Pastillage
A squirrel-girl, friend of Millhiore and Leonmitchelli, and ruler-in-training of the newly-formed Duchy of Pastillage, as well as a new player in Dash
who will turn the Biscotti-Galette war games into a three-way scuffle with the intention of training herself for her future role, scouting Rebecca to serve as her heroic counterpart to Biscotti's Cinque and Galette's Nanami. Wielder of the Holy Lance Coumars.
Member of the Order of the Crystaltech and captain of the Eschenbach Knights, as well as Couvert's personal attendant.
Another member of the Order of the Crystaltech and captain of the Flytech Knights.
The notorious Demon King that terrorized Pastillage in the distant past. In fact, probably not. Why such a legend appeared left ambigos but supplementary materials.◊ cleared that he was the younger brother of Pastillage princess, who summoned Adelaide and passed the crown to her after dying in war with demons.
- Affably Evil: Of the comical variant, in that he'd rather peep on the hot springs than actually go around spreading evil.
- Badass: Can catch magic bullets and deflect Emblem Cannons like no one's business, took everyone's combined attack in stride, and was only stopped by intervention from the Hero King Adelaide. No wonder he is called Demon King.
- But Now I Must Go: Humorously subverted.
- Butt Monkey: To Adelaide.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Yes, he is a goofy Peeping Tom who Screams Like a Little Girl, has Amusing Injuries piled on for comedy, and is pretty much whipped by Adelaide. He is still a Demon King.
- Eye Scream: Adelaide shoots him in the eyes!
- Handsome Lech
- Harmless Villain: What became of him once Adelaide reins him in. He may not even qualify as much of a villain anymore.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Easily the most durable in the cast.
- Large Ham
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Mana Drain: The "Dark Circle of Absorption".
- Mr. Fanservice
- Naked on Arrival
- No Shirt, Long Jacket
- Oh, Crap: When he realized that Adelaide has been unsealed as well.
- The Peeping Tom: First thing he does after getting unsealed? Watch the ladies in the bath.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Every time Adelaide gives him good reason to cringe.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- Spell My Name with an "S": His name has been said to be Valerio or Valeria.
- That Came Out Wrong: He's pretty content to see sealed demons being purified... then nervously gives a Suspiciously Specific Denial that demons running wild is none of his business.
- Token Evil Teammate: Season 2 Episode 7 makes it clear he was part of Adelaide's demon hunting party. Heck, he isn't even that evil anymore... assuming he ever was.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Implied with Adelaide.
Adelaide Grand Marnier
The legendary Hero King of Pastillage, and founder of its current ruling family.
A mysterious horse-girl and oracle of Dragon Forest, the the great wilderness beyond Biscotti, Galette and Pastillage, who serves as Cinque and Nanami's guide to life beyond the pale, as well as the messenger to the three kingdoms of a critical mass of demons around her realm.