Nicholas Jerry "Nick" Jonas (born September 16, 1992) is an American singer-songwriter, musician and actor, best known for being one-third of The Jonas Brothers, a pop-rock band he formed with brothers Joe and Kevin. Originally intended as a solo act, his record label liked the way he sounded with his brothers on backup, thusly launching them as a trio.
Together, they starred in Disney Channel original series JONAS as fictionalized versions of themselves, as well as the Disney Channel original movie Camp Rock, and its sequel, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam.
Apart from his brothers, he formed Nick Jonas & The Administration, releasing their first (and only) album in 2010. He's since gone solo, releasing his self-debut album in November 2014, which spawned the hit singles "Chains" and "Jealous", the latter of which charted as his first Top Ten hit in the United States.
In addition to his screen roles, he's also done musical theatre. Some of his more prominent roles include Chip in Beauty and the Beast and J. Pierrepont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
Unsurprisingly, he's racked up quite the dating history in his time. He dated Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo, Delta Goodrem, Nicole Anderson, Samantha Barks, and is now married to Priyanka Chopra
As Nick Jonas
- Nicholas Jonas (2004)
- Who I Am (2010) note
- Nick Jonas (2014)
- Nick Jonas X2 (2015)
- Last Year Was Complicated (2016)
- Camp Rock (2008) as Nate
- Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (2010)
- JONAS (2009 — 2010) as Nick Lucas
- Smash (2012) as Lyle West
- Hawaii Five-0 (2013 — 2015) as Ian Wright
- Kingdom (2014 — 2017) as Nate Kulina
- Scream Queens (2015) as Boone Clemens
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) as Jefferson "Seaplane" McDonough
- Chaos Walking (2019) as Davy Prentiss Jr.
- Uglydolls (2019) as Lou
- Midway (2019) as machinist Bruno Gaido
- Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) as Jefferson "Seaplane" McDonough
- Beauty and the Beast (2002) as Chip
- Les Misérables (2010) as Marius Pontmercy
- Hairspray (2011) as Link Larkin
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (2012) as J. Pierrepont Finch
He provides examples of:
- Call-Back: Perhaps not intentional, but a few of his songs call back to songs he did with his brothers.
- "Rose Garden", for one, which calls back to The Jonas Brothers' song "Just Friends".
- "Stay", which calls back to "Sorry". (This time is the last time I will ever beg you to stay/Just tell me that you'll stay.)
- The Casanova: Delta Goodrem, Miley Cyrus, Olivia Culpo, Kate Hudson and Selena Gomez. Doesn't that say it all. Not to mention Samantha Barks, a rumored fling with a background dancer, and a brief relationship with Nicole Anderson before getting engaged to Priyanka Chopra
- The Cover Changes the Gender: Notably averted when covering songs at his shows. Especially with a spectacularly bitter cover of Adele's "Someone Like You".
- Especially since he changes other lyrics in the song at will, but leaves the gender the way it is.
- Green-Eyed Monster: "Jealous".
- Hidden Depths: He, unlike his brothers, was acting in Broadway plays from a very young age. He starred as Marius for about a month in Les Mis in 2010 and took over Darren Criss' role in How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
- Ill Boy: He was a slight spectacle when the band first got popular, since he was one of the first teen pop stars to have Type-One Diabetes.
- Important Haircut: Nick shaved his hair into a buzz cut after the Jonas Brothers split up.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Who I Am". Sounds like a relatively nice song, but the lyrics are remarkably bitter.
- Mr. Fanservice
- New Sound Album: Nick Jonas has a more mature contemporary R&B sound.
- Non-Appearing Title: "Vesper's Goodbye" on Nick Jonas & The Administration's album Who I Am.
- Teen Idol
- Tenor Boy: As Marius Pontmercy.
- When He Smiles: He was rather well known for a long time for showing about as much emotion in public appearances as Kristen Stewart. He very, very rarely gave an honest smile. (He's better than he used to be, but it's still rare enough to be heartwarming when he smiles.)