Adam Noah Levine (born March 18, 1979 in Los Angeles, California) is an American singer, songwriter, television personality, clothing designer, and actor. He is best known for being the lead singer and rhythm/lead guitarist of pop-rock group Maroon 5, of which he was also a founding member in its original form as the band Kara's Flowers.
Levine is also known for his time as a coach on the American version of The Voice. He emerged the winning coach of the show's first, fifth and ninth seasonsnote , and ended up having the second-longest run of any coach on the show at 16 seasons, beat out only by Blake Shelton, who has been a coach in every season and formed a famous "frenemy/bromance" dynamic with Levine during his time on the show.
In 2012, he made his acting debut in American Horror Story: Asylum.
Discography with Maroon 5:
- Songs About Jane (2002)
- It Won't Be Soon Before Long (2007)
- Hands All Over (2010)
- Overexposed (2012)
- V (2014)
- Red Pill Blues (2017)
Adam is a featured vocalist on:
- Ying Yang Twins - "Live Again" (2005)
- Alicia Keys - "Wild Horses" (2005)
- Kanye West - "Heard 'Em Say" (2005)
- Natasha Bedingfield - "Say It Again" (2007)
- K'naan - "Bang Bang" (2010)
- Slash - "Gotten" (2010)
- Gym Class Heroes - "Stereo Hearts" (2011)
- The Lonely Island - "YOLO" (2013)
- The Lonely Island - "Im So Humble" (2016)
- Email! (2005)
- Begin Again (2014)
- Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)
- Unity (2015)
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016)
- Fun Mom Dinner (2017)
- The Clapper (2018)
- Untitled Maroon 5 documentary (TBA 2021)
Adam provides examples of:
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Adam has very bushy eyebrows.
- The Cameo: He has made several appearances in music videos, televisions shows and several sketches on Saturday Night Live.
- Mr. Fanservice: Average tall good-looking guy.
- Sings with his band Maroon 5, oozes some killer chemistry alongside collaborator Christina Aguilera and showes off some improvised dance moves while standing shirtless in front of an American flag background.
- Hosting Saturday Night Live (2013), he is being judged by three comedians in the style he The Voice where he is asked to take his shirt off. He calmly refuses (much to the cheers of an anxious audience), but then Jerry Stiller makes a joke and tells him not to take his shirt off, but he removes it anyway and continues to stand shirtless for the next few minutes in front of an applauding audience.
- Old Shame: Levine doesn't talk much about his days when Maroon 5 was known as Kara's Flowers. On Saturday Night Live, he mentioned that Kara's Flowers was a terrible band.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Him and fellow Voice coach, Blake Shelton. The two are well known for constantly teasing and pestering one another, to the point Shelton had tweeted out Adam's personal phone number, and Adam getting even by dumping cow manure all over Blake's truck. Despite this, the two remain very close friends. Blake's gone as far as saying that he has a crush on Adam.