- HELL NO!!!
Ricki-Lee Dawn Coulter, known only by her first name, was born 10 November 1985. Australian popstar, singer/songwriter, dancer, former television and radio host. Australian Idol alumni. (2004-Present)
In 2004, Coulter was placed seventh place on the second season of Australian Idol. Although she did not win the talent show, Coulter was offered a recording contract with Australian independent label Shock Records.
The most successful woman of the Australian Idol franchise. Has had many hit singles including "Hell No!", "Sunshine", "Breathe" and "Can't Touch It". The first two have gone platinum in Australia.
Apart from her work in music, Coulter has also launched a career as a radio and television presenter. She co-hosted Australian Idol for seasons six and seven. In 2010, she served as a full-time radio presenter for the Sydney Nova FM breakfast show. Coulter has previously co-hosted radio shows on Brisbane's B105 FM and Melbourne's Fox FM.
She suffered from depression for awhile due to pressures of being in the business and family issues. Currently in a healthy relationship with her manager, a personal trainer who served as inspiration for her third album. They married in 2014.
- Come And Get In Trouble With Me (2013)
- Brand New Day Tour (2008)
- Fear And Freedom Tour (2012)
- Anti-Love Song: Played with in Raining Diamonds where she "declares a war on love" but this is because she only wants the best for herself.
- Be Yourself: "Being Human".
- Break Up Song: "Done With It" .
- Dream Team: Teamed up with some Australian Idol Alumni in a group called "Young Divas" for awhile. Her subsequent career could even be defined as a Breakup Breakout.
- Exhort the Disc Jockey Song: "Turn It Up".
- Follow Your Heart: "Breathe", "Being Human", "Human", "Because I Can", "Raining Diamonds", "Burn It Down".
- G-Rated Mental Illness: The video for "Crazy".
- Hotter and Sexier: Naturally got sexier as her career has continued, starting with the campaign for her vaporware album Hear No, See No, Speak No. She posed for Ralph almost naked, sung sexier songs, danced more, also see the album cover for Fear & Freedom.
- Hidden Depths: Is pretty good at the drums.
- Intercourse with You: "Vibe Is Right".
- In Da Club: Crazy, Come And Get In Trouble With Me, Burn It Down, Hell No! are a few examples.
- Lighter and Softer: Brand New Day is more loving and personal then her debut.
- Love Nostalgia Song: Many, many songs on Brand New Day ("Alone No More", "Love Is All Around").
- New Sound Album: Fear And Freedom is a dance album after the decidedly singer/songwriter-ish Brand New Day and the R&B/hip-hop-influenced Ricki Lee.
- Overly Long Title: "Come and get in trouble with me"
- Rearrange the Song: When "Can't Touch It" was released overseas, it was remixed and released under the title of "U Wanna Little of This".
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Came 7th in her Idol competition, has had one of the most successful career's outside of it.
- Rock Star Song: "Breathe", "Being Human", "Human", "Because I Can", "Raining Diamonds", "Burn It Down".
- Sampling: "Wiggle It" interpolates some of the lyrics and melody from the 2 In a Room song of the same name.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Hell No!"
- Sensual Spandex: In the video for "Do It Like That".
- Silly Love Songs: Many many songs on Brand New Day ("Can't Sing A Different Song", "Melody Of Life") Other such songs include: "Never Let Go", "Bombshell", "I Feel Love", "Sunshine", "Something About You".
- Strictly Formula: First track is always quiet aggressive and dance-like.
- This Is a Song: To an extent "Can't Sing A Different Song" and "Melody Of Life".
- Title Track: "Brand New Day".
- Vocal Evolution: Originally sang cleanly, then sang kind of darkly then sang kind of happily again.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: "U Wanna Little of This".