Frank Anthony Grillo (born June 8, 1965) is an American actor who was previously specialized in tough-guy roles due to his New York accent and physicality, but has become a rising star and leading man in recent years.
- 1992 The Mambo Kings as Machito
- 2002 Minority Report as Pre-Crime Cop
- 2003 The Sweetest Thing as Andy
- 2010 Edge of Darkness as Agent One
- 2010 My Soul to Take as Paterson
- 2011 Warrior as Frank Campana
- 2012 The Grey as John Diaz
- 2012 End of Watch as Sarge
- 2012 Zero Dark Thirty as Red Squadron Commanding Officer
- 2013 Homefront as Cyrus Hanks
- Marvel Cinematic Universe as Brock Rumlow / Crossbones:
- 2014 The Purge: Anarchy as Leo
- 2016 The Purge: Election Year as Leo
- 2017 Wheelman
- 19961999 Guiding Light as Hart Jessup
- 2002-2003 The Shield as Officer Paul Jackson
- 2005-2006 Prison Break as Nick Savrinn
- 2005 Blind Justice as Marty Russo
- 2007 The Kill Point as Mr. Pig
- 2010 The Gates as Nick Monohan
- 2014present Kingdom as Alvey Kulina
Tropes Associated with Frank Grillo
- Celebrity Resemblance: Of the late Peter Falk, the late Dick Miller and Fred Ward rolled into one, due to Falk, Miller, Ward and Grillo have similar craggy facial appearances, Grillo's voice having New York-accented gravelly voice as Falk's and Miller's, but with the gruffness of Miller's and Ward's, while also having the intense eyes, a sly grin and grizzled physicality of Ward.
- Grillo's character Paterson from My Soul to Take, complete with brown trench coat and somewhat raspy and gruff voice, loosely resembles Falk's famed television character Columbo (which is a property of Universal, whose subsidiary Rogue Pictures distributed this film).
- Grillo's character as John Diaz in The Grey is a cross of a character played by Falk due to his voice pattern and vocal delivery and Ward's character Lonnie Reece from another survival thriller Southern Comfort due to them being the Hot-Blooded members of a Dwindling Party.
- Due to his tough guy acting and physicality, Grillo had recently gain recognition in action film roles such as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, The Purge: Anarchy and The Purge: Election Year, similar to Ward in the 1980s in his roles as such as Uncommon Valor and Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins for the same reasons as Grillo's.
- In addition to the bullet just above, Grillo's action roles and his role in Gangster Squad can also draw comparisons to Falk's Oscar nominated performance as mob hitman 'Kid Twist' Reles in Murder, Inc.
- Grillo had played a character associated with the sport of Mixed Martial Arts in Warrior and the television series Kingdom, which is funny as Ward himself had participated in a similar sport of boxing, getting his nose broken four times, while Miller earned a prize title as a middleweight boxer.