FSSZilla (or just Zilla) is a Let's Player on Youtube. She started in 2012 with her "Steam Stream" project, an endeavor to play through her entire Steam library for at least 30 minutes a game (or until she felt a sense of accomplishment). She plays many PC games, and has done a few Nintendo GameCube games. Her presentation style is usually informative and instructive, explaining game mechanics and trivia about the game she is playing. She has co-hosted with a number of people, including her real-life girlfriend, but most of her videos are solo.
Current Let's Plays
Games FSSZilla has played (Steam Stream)
- Alien Breed 2: Assault
- Alpha Protocol
- And Yet It Moves
- Anno 2070
- Anomaly: Warzone Earth
- BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity
- Beyond Good and Evil
- BIT.TRIP Runner
- Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
- Company of Heroes
- Defense Grid: The Awakening
- Day of Defeat: Source
- Dead Island
- Dead Rising 2
- Deus Ex
Games FSSZilla has played (Not Steam Stream)
- Burrito Bison
- Sid Meier's Covert Action
- Dungeon Keeper 2
- Fortune Street
- FTL: Faster Than Light (guest-starring Flotilla)
- Hybrid Heaven
- Killing Floor (with Flotilla)
- Left 4 Dead 2 (with Flotilla)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (on DarkMorford's channel)
- Lords of the Realm 2
- Mega Man X
- Monaco (with Willow)
- Sanctum (with Flotilla)
- Team Fortress 2: Mann vs Machine (with Willow and various friends)
- True Crime: Streets of LA (with Kyrie)
- Vanguard Princess
- Sonic Shuffle (on DarkMorford's channel)
Tropes that apply to FSSZilla:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere, the four main heroes begin to have emergent personalities. Zothen is portrayed as overly senile, Tunarle as an edgy punk-rock alt-girl, Thai-Chang as a Moon Princess on the run from her inheritance to pursue a degree in acupuncture, and Slyzaar as a part-time DJ on local Trazere radio station "The Crystal," and the only party member with Medium Awareness. Slyzaar will often referencing elements of the interface, much to the party's confusion.
- Arc Words: "No particular reason," in her Legend/Four Crystals of Trazere Let's Play, whenever she or co-host breadfiesta refer to something fourth-wall breaking.
- Artificial Brilliance: The AI in her Lords of the Realm 2 video uses a strategy she's never seen. It fakes her out into wasting materials preparing for an attack, when the goal all along was to devastate her infrastructure with a tiny peasant army.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: She'll start a sentence...
- Sometimes she'll remember she was in the middle of saying something and continue where she left off.
- "Five cent corn on the cob?! Guys, why are we playing TF2? There's five cent corn on the cob!"
- Awesome, but Impractical: She attempts to solve a room in Antichamber with no floor by filling the entire area with blocks that she can carve out "Minecraft style."
- Brand X: In Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere, "Mama Zothen" supposedly runs a hot-sauce manufactory, producing bottles of "Mama Zothen's Fuck-Off Spell" hot sauce.
- A later episode reveals "Mama Zothen's Experience Ketchup."
- Brief Accent Imitation: She can't do a rastafarian accent for Mamago's employees in Beyond Good And Evil.
- During Monaco, she does overblown accents for the Pickpocket and the Mole.
- Challenge Seeker: She attempts to beat Mega Man X without ever switching weapons or collecting any optional upgrades. Or even using the dash.
- Contralto of Danger: She has a lower voice and her choice of games are usually action-heavy and mature themed.
- Cuteness Overload: The Greater Dog's reveal in Undertale.
- Failed a Spot Check: When running around in a "never-ending" circular room in Antichamber, she gives up and returns to the hub after just barely reaching the end, failing to notice that the circle was getting smaller. If you pause the video at just the right moment, you can see the ending corridor she would have gone down if she hadn't given up.
- In Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere, she fails to notice a message indicating the character's inventory is full, causing her to miss picking up a key needed later.
- Flashback: When the dragon wand is used up in Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere, she and breadfiesta hold a memorial for the item, complete with sepia tone and over-the-top sad music.
- While descending the Dark Tower after defeating Kilijan, she wonders if Kilijan disappeared in a puff a blue smoke, and it shows a slow-motion replay of his demise.
- Gag Censor: Z's dumb joke in the second Mann vs Machine video.
- Heroic BSoD: During a backtracking run in Killer7, she gets ambushed by a Heaven's Smile she can't seem to detect. It takes several minutes to compose herself.
- Catching sight of a supposedly extra Ornate Key in her inventory renders her into a mute stupor for about 10 seconds.
- Insistent Terminology: Quite a few during Sonic Shuffle. Precioustones are "Precious Tones," Lumina Flowlight is Roll (or Toad), and Void is Boo. There's also the Space Dolphin.
- All over the place in Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere. Battle horns are "Horms," rat monsters are "Jimmies," and spells are given all sorts of names that loosely correspond to their function, such as "nuke," "four," "TDOZZ" and "DFXAYNROM." Vivification, the act of resurrecting a party member, is also used as a term for urinating.
- "Cowmom" for Toriel in Undertale.
- Implausible Deniability: In Legend/The Four Crystals of Trazere, in the middle of Episode 54, after loading a save, all of the names of the characters are switched. Zilla and breadfiesta try to play it as if nothing has happened, but they keep mistaking the names of the characters, usually followed by the non-sequitor "No particular reason."
- Kick the Dog: In Bioshock, she spends an inordinate amount of time whacking a cat corpse with a wrench.
- Last Breath Bullet: In FTL, Zilla enters a long, drawn out conflict with a heavily armed rebel ship at the exit node to the final sector. After a long fight that brings her ship to the brink of destruction, a plea for peace is offered by the rebel ship. Zilla happily accepts, ending the combat, except for the missile that the rebel fighter launched just before sending the bribe for peace. The missile is the cherry-tap that blows her ship to pieces.
- Long List: In the first Mann vs Machine video, Willow provides tips to newbie DMF on how to play. It's represented onscreen with a list that starts crowding itself out.
- Loose Lips: Her guest Kyrie prods at her lack of driver's license while playing True Crime.
- Noodle Incident:Zilla: FREEDOM SPOON!
Willow: I want a Freedom Spoon...
Zilla: We have a lot of Freedom Spoons. We just don't use them for freedom anymore. Not since the war...
Willow: Oh right.
Zilla: I guess they're more Oppression Spoons now, to remind us of the Great Utensil War.
Willow: Those glorious days before the war. If only...
- Just what happened at Mardis Gras to compare a blood-spattered floor to a real life experience during her Bioshock Let's Play?
- Shout-Out: When the team misses 10 credits in Mann vs Machine, everyone starts yelling 'Teeeeen.' Various visual references accompany.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Lampshaded in one Dungeon Keeper 2 video, subtitled "I Have To Do Everything."
- The Talk: breadfiesta gives an interesting account of how paying gold to keeps in The Four Crystals of Trazere results in more soldiers staffing the keeps.
- This Is Gonna Suck: She really doesn't like And Yet It Moves