For some reason, it's extremely addictive.
The game has an official smartphone port but it has been delisted from Google Play. You can look the apk up on archival sites and play normally, though the in-game gallery and achievements will be broken. It also has a Spiritual Successor in Katawa Crash. Compare Stair Dismount.
Kiri Sakura (blue) — An easily upset girl who doesn't like Taichi. Boosts when hit. Her boost is a normal 45-degree impact. If Miki is the next person after her, her SPECIAL is activated.
Miki Yamanobe (yellow) — A good friend of Kiri. Boosts when hit. Hers is an upward punch. It's a little bit stronger than Kiri's. If Kiri is the next person after her, her SPECIAL is activated.
Touko Kirihara (red, shown above) — A girl descended from a samurai clan. Liked Taichi once, but not so anymore. Boosts when hit. Low altitude. A little bit stronger than Kiri's. If the last girl you hit was her, her SPECIAL is activated.
Misato Miyasumi (green) — A Bespectacled Cutie. She can completely stop Taichi's movement, ending the game. However, if Taichi previously hit another girl without bouncing off the ground (bouncing off another person is okay), her SPECIAL activates, which includes using Kiri, Miki and Touko's boosts.
Hiroshi Sakuraba (brown) — A friend of Taichi. Taichi bounces off him with an altered angle (up or down). He doesn't boost or slow down.
Tomoki Shima (light blue) — A friend of Taichi. Slows Taichi down when hit.
Youko Hasekura (purple) — A kunoichi. Does nothing when hit and disappears. If Taichi's next collision is with a female, she will intercept the hit, blocking it (unless one of Nanaka's SPECIALS appear - occurs when the second to last digit in the distance Taichi has traveled is 9, and the person struck is one of the 4 other females). However, if Taichi hits a male, she will do nothing and let it happen.
Nanaka — Hits Taichi with her bicycle at the beginning of the game. After Taichi hits Youko, Nanaka can teleport in when SPECIAL conditions are met, using one of her four special powers. She also appears to hit Taichi again when the player attempts to use an aerial.
Taichi Kurosu — The boy Nanaka hits with her bicycle. He flies.
Provides examples of:
- Action Commands: Fulfilling certain conditions and landing on one of the girls gives you a limited window to getting an extra strong movement boost. Also doubles as a Limit Break.
- Announcer Chatter: Who exactly is the guy talking during Touko's special attack?
- Artistic License Biology: Taichi seems fine after getting run over, launched into the stratosphere, kicked, bouncing several times, and stopping dead when hitting a Bespectacled Cutie, something that should have reduced the both of them to greasy red smears.
- Artistic License Physics: Some later versions have meters that give Taichi's velocity, either horizontally, vertically, or absolutely (with a little arrow to indicate direction and angle). Just calculating the forces involved will make the average physics student cringe in sympathy.
- Affectionate Parody: This game is a massively misleading parody of the massively misleading intro of the game CROSSCHANNEL, which leads to it having absolutely nothing to do with the source game besides the character's names, appearances, and minor background info.
- Beach Episode: June 26, 2014 saw an update to the smartphone version of the game called "NANACACRASH!! Summer Beach Ver.", in which the action takes place on the coast instead of near the mountains, and all characters are now wearing bikinis, sailor outfits, and swim trunks.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Taichi seems pretty normal when he's stopped.
- Bike Fu: Nanaca crashes into Taichi at the beginning and can be summoned a limited number of times to push him further.
- Bishōnen: Taichi, except after he's hit.
- Bleached Underpants: The characters are borrowed from the PC H-Game CROSSCHANNEL.
- Butt-Monkey: Again, Taichi.
- Charged Attack: One of Youko's specials, which are really hard to get, is called Charge Blast. It adds an extra boost to your character if he stops, and the boost increases each time you get hit by a girl.
- Collision Damage: What the game is all about, actually.
- Controllable Helplessness: Also what the game is all about!
- Combination Attack: The specials for Kiri and Miki, as well as Misato. As well as some extra special... er, specials for Youko.
- Comedic Sociopathy: The entire premise-ramming a mentally unstable young man who happens to have sexual health issues and seeing how far your buddies can karate kick him-is rather sadistic. But damn funny.
- Copy-and-Paste Environments: The background will repeat the same clouds and mountains over and over again.
- Crash-Into Hello: Nanaka crashing into Taichi with her bicycle at the beginning of the game.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Taichi spinning around while he's in the air.
- Funbag Airbag: Quite literally happens if Misato stops Taichi.
- In Name Only: Surprisingly averted. A lot of the characters' relationships with each other in CROSSCHANNEL are pretty well summed up by how their specials are unlocked.
- Limit Break: Nanaka has a percentage-based Aerial Crash counter that fills up whenever Taichi is in a certain range away from the ground. It can only be used if he is flying upwards within that same range.
- Lucky Charms Title: Like the title of the visual novel, but with Excited Show Title! included.
- Mythology Gag: Upon restarting from a game over, the message "See you next week..." is displayed in reference to the "Groundhog Day" Loop presented in the source novel.
- Press X to Not Die: If Misato's SPECIAL is triggered, hitting it will save you (and give you a significant boost). Otherwise, it's game over as usual.
- Quad Damage: Youko has another special that doubles how much boost you get when you land on the other girls.
- Refuge in Audacity: In a world where a child in an auto accident is usually a scary or tragic thing, this game makes no apologies pummeling him as repeatedly and furiously as conceivably possible for comic effect.
- Slapstick: The point of the game is sending a boy flying and bouncing across an infinite field, landing on girls who'll blast him further ahead and boys who just get smashed and slow him down.
- You All Look Familiar: Aside from Taichi and Nanaka, there are 7 other characters in this game, and seeing as another character pops up on the screen every 10 meters, expect to see a lot of them.