Lena Kathren Headey (born October 3, 1973) is an English actress.
She was discovered at age 17 performing in a one-off show at the Royal National Theatre. Her first major role was in The Jungle Book as Katherine. Other major roles of hers include Queen Gorgo of Sparta in 300, Sarah Connor in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Queen Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones.
From 2007 to 2012, she was married to musician Peter Paul Loughran, with whom she has a son named Wylie.
- The Remains of the Day as Lizzie
- The Jungle Book (1994) as Katherine
- Merlin (1998) as Queen Guinevere
- Onegin (1999) as Olga Larina
- Ripley's Game (2002) as Sarah Trevanny
- The Cave (2005) as Dr. Kathryn Jennings
- The Brothers Grimm (2005) as Angelica
- Imagine Me & You (2005) as Luce
- 300 (2007) as Queen Gorgo
- 300: Rise of an Empire (2014)
- St. Trinian's (2007) as Miss Dickinson
- The Broken (2008) as Gina Mcvey
- The Red Baron (2008) as Kate Otersdorf
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008-2009) as Sarah Connor
- The Super Hero Squad Show (2009) as Black Widow
- Game of Thrones (2011-2019) as Queen Cersei Lannister
- Dredd (2012) as Madeline "Ma-Ma" Madrigal
- Dishonored (2012) as Callista Curnow
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) as Jocelyn Fray
- The Purge (2013) as Mary Sandin
- Uncle Grandpa (2014) as Aunt Grandma (guest role)
- Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (2016) as Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016) as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2018) as Big Mama
- Sally4Ever (2018) As Herself
- Fighting With My Family (2019) as Julia Bevis/Sweet Saraya
- Action Mom: Is often cast as such, regardless of the character being a heroine or a villain.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Has a strong tendency to play these.
- ...But I Play One on TV: She recalls in some interviews that some people call her a bitch to her face because they found Cersei Lannister so unlikeable.
- Cartwright Curse: Her on-screen love interests/husbands tend to have high mortality rates. Notable examples are 300, Ripley's Game, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (she begins the series as a single mother with the child's father long dead), Game of Thrones (her husband wasn't her main love interest in this series though) and The Purge — but notably not in Imagine Me & You.
- Fake American: Maybe a quarter of her roles. (an exception is the Fake Greek in 300).
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Fans of MacGyver may recall that the last conversation MacGyver ever has with another character (in the closing scene of the final TV movie Trail to Doomsday) was with the Adorkable daughter of the character whose death set the plot in motion. Guess who that was beneath the terrible haircut and ugly glasses.
- She was the female lead of 1994's The Jungle Book.
- Star-Making Role: Although her roles in 300 and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles gave her attention, Game of Thrones is generally remembered as what truly made her a star.
- Trolling Creator: She is fond of obliquely spoiling future Game of Thrones plot developments on Instagram. Before its fourth season started airing, she messed with people's expectations when she posted a heart-shape made of stones, which teased that Lady Stoneheart would appear. She didn't.
- Typecasting: As queens and other women trying to raise their sons to be great men. Subverted in Dredd where she's called "Ma-Ma" but isn't an actual mother.
- Oddly specific in certain roles: in Merlin (1998), she plays Queen Guinevere, a queen who is unfaithful to her husband, King Arthur, who is subsequently killed. Later in 300 (2007), she plays Queen Gorgo, a queen who is unfaithful to her husband, King Leonidas, who is subsequently killed. Finally, in Game of Thrones (2011-2019), she plays Queen Cersei Lannister, a queen who is unfaithful to her husband, King Robert Baratheon, who is subsequently killed.