The main vlogger of her 'Nothing Much To Do' channel who recently moved to Auckland to live with her cousin Hero and attend Messina High. At least half her videos involve her complaining about Ben.
- Adorkable: Not as much as Benedick, but her rants about the importance of science fiction move her into this territory.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Benedick.
- Berserk Button: Hurting Hero is sure way to ensure her wrath as Claudio and Pedro discover.
- Big Cousin Instinct: After Claudio publicly slut-shames Hero, Bea threatens to rip out his heart and eat it.
- Birds of a Feather: With Ben.
- Book Worm: Has a huge geek out about Frankenstein and is a fan of A Song of Ice and Fire and Harry Potter.
- Cool Big Sis: Takes on this role to Hero, despite being cousins.
- Deadpan Snarker: Big time.
- Does Not Like Men: Mainly 'does not like Benedick' (as she is best friends with Pedro and gets on with Leo) but she's pretty scathing about males in general.Bea: "You know what I hate about boys?"Hero: "Everything?"
- Fangirl: Of Frankenstein, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and Harry Potter among others.
- Free-Range Children: Her parents are in Australia and Hero's mums are off on a six month honeymoon in Europe leaving Hero's older brother Leo as their somewhat...relaxed guardian.
- Has a Type: Her celebrity crushes are Benedict Cumberbatch, David Tenant, Jude Law, Tom Hiddleston, JJ Feild and Andrew Garfield...All lean, dark-haired, snarky British guys. Hmm, who we know like that Bea?
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Hero.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can be pretty belligerent and a know-it-all but is fiercely loyal when it counts.
- Pair the Smart Ones: With Ben. They're by far the wittiest of the gang, geek out about books and TV shows and apparently read scientific studies on mangoes in their spare time.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: If she and Ben are in the same room you can be sure they'll be at it.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Hero's girly girl.
- Unkempt Beauty: Spends most vlogs with t-shirts and messy hair.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Ben. They do.
The other main vlogger through his channel 'benaddicktion', student at Messina High and member of the football team. Expect a lot of ranting about Bea.
- Adorkable: Big time.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Bea.
- Birds of a Feather: A snarky, argumentative know it all who hates relationships? Hmmm...does that sounds at all familiar?
- Book Worm: He always has various books lying around in the background including A Song of Ice and Fire and The Silmarillion.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: He's obsessed with flamingos and his first vlog is a convoluted story about his 'friend Charlie's' bird murders. That said he's capable of stepping up when needed and is the only guy to display any common sense when Hero's framed for cheating.
- Deadpan Snarker: Rivalling Bea.
- Fan Boy: Of Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and a dozen others. When he's asked how many TV shows he actually watches he rather vaguely replies 'a lot'.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Self-proclaimed. Subverted when he's the only guy to take the word of a girl over his friends and opposes Pedro and Claudio's slut-shaming of Hero.
- Hidden Depths: He's introduced as an immature, insensitive jokester but is gradually revealed to be pretty insecure about his friendship with Pedro and Claudio, worries about being The Friend Nobody Likes and is often hurt by Bea's insults. Then when Hero is framed for cheating, he's the only guy to know she'd never do that, defends her against his other friends and stands by someone he allegedly hated (Bea) through the entire ordeal. He's also turns out to be an adorably sweet boyfriend.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's kind of a dick to Claudio and Hero when they start dating and a pain in the ass sometimes but proves to be a standup guy when push comes to shove.
- Pair the Smart Ones: With Bea. They're by far the wittiest of the gang, geek out about books and tv shows and apparently read scientific studies on mangoes in their spare time.
- Punny Name: Benedick. Bea isn't shy about mocking him about it.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: With Beatrice naturally.
- Spot of Tea: Ben is English and very defensive of his tea, including arguing tea would be better than invisibility powers. He also offers Bea tea when comforting her over Claudio's treatment of Hero.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Bea. They do.
Bea's cousin and other 'Nothing Much To Do' vlogger.
- Cute Book Worm: Introduced reading The Fault in Our Stars, and is a fan of Pride and Prejudice and The Little Prince.
- The Cutie:Hero: [Talking to viewers] "Because you have a lovely face. Show the world your pretty face!"
- Becomes a case of Break the Cutie after her 16th birthday.
- The Fashionista: Makes her own clothes and does several fashion and make up tutorials.
- Free-Range Children: Her brother Leo is allegedly 'in-charge' as both her and Bea's parents are overseas.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Her kind nature is showcased in pretty much every episode especially with her willing forgiveness of Claudio, Pedro and John.
- Has Two Mommies: Her recently married 'Mum' and 'Momma'.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Bea.
- The Ingenue: Idealistic and sweet compared to Bea's cynicism.
- Meaningful Name: Was named 'Hero' after fighting through a dangerous lung condition as a baby. Even more meaningful after she forgives Claudio, Pedro and John for their treatment of her and encourages everyone to move on from what happened.
- Nice Girl: Bea and Ben describe her as the nicest, sweetest person they know and she certainly lives up to that description.
- Relationship Upgrade: She and Claudio get together after Pedro's party.
- Shipper on Deck: For Bea and Ben.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Claudio.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly girl to Bea's Tomboy.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Oh Hero.
'All Round Great Guy', captain of Messina High's football team and friends with Bea and Ben.
- Adaptational Sexuality: Straight in the original play, bi in this series.
- The Ace: He's popular, gets good grades, is captain of the football team, successfully runs for student president and looked up to by his friends. Deconstructed later when he wrongly helps accuse Hero of cheating and it's revealed the whole plot came about because his brother hated him and Pedro never noticed.
- Aloof Older Brother: Revealed when we hear John's perspective.
- Always Someone Better: Unknowingly to John.
- Big Man on Campus: See The Ace.
- Bi the Way: Comes our rather casually in the penultimate episode.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: His real name is Peter, but he goes by Pedro. Even some of the other characters don't realize.
- The Leader: Of the gang of friends, as seemingly the most mature of the group.
- Lovable Jock: Captain of the football team.
- Oblivious to Love: Balthazar has liked him since year nine without Pedro realizing.
- Only Sane Man: Set up as the level-headed, sensible one of the gang without any obvious quirks compared to Bea's cynicism, Ben's cloud cuckoo lander tendencies, Hero's naivety and Claudio's impulsiveness. Subverted when Hero's framed for cheating and he spins out of control and fails to consider the situation sensibly.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Hints he likes Bea, but she shoots him down and eventually gets together with Ben.
Friends with Ben and Pedro, member of the football team and besotted with Hero.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Somewhat...overprotective of Hero.
- Forgiven, but Not Forgotten: Hero forgives him for publicly accusing her of cheating but doesn't take him back.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Sure Claudio, assume your normally stand-up best friend would steal your crush. And why not believe to the same guy who lied to you before when he says your sweetheart of a girlfriend is cheating.
- Hot-Blooded: Thinking logically is not Claudio's strong point to say the least.
- Insecure Love Interest: After Hero's innocence is proven he admits that he always believed her wanting to be with him was too good to be true and that's why he was so possessive.
- Pretty Boy: No wonder Hero's smitten.
- Relationship Upgrade: With Hero after Pedro's party.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Hero.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike in the original play he's given more sympathetic motives for taking down Pedro and is redeemed in the end.
- Chess Master: Frames Hero for cheating, kicking off the main drama of the story.
- Easily Forgiven: Even after all the angst he caused, the gang accept him into their group of friends.
- Hates Being Touched: Pedro trying to hug him isn't well-received.
- Odd Friendship: His final appearance indicates he's forming one with the boisterous, Adorkable Ben.
- The Quiet One: Spends a lot of time skulking in the background.
- The Resenter: Revealed to be horribly jealous of Pedro and his success and popularity.
Dogberry and Verges:
A pair of Year 9's bent on solving every mystery that haunts Messina High.
- Adorkable: Try watching their videos without cracking a grin. Just try.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Up to Eleven.
- Fan Boy: Of Sherlock.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: An in-universe, non-romantic example, as they argue over whether to call their viewers Dodgers or Vergberrians'.
- Ship Tease: A bonus video hints Verges may like Dogberry.
A student at Messina High and friend of Pedro's.
- Ascended Extra: Far more prominent than the original play, including helping Ben and Bea write songs for each other and getting together with Pedro at the end.
- Hipster: Fan of various obscure bands and shops at thrift stores.
- Nice Guy: The nicest character in the series after Hero.
- The Quiet One: H generally tries to stay out of the drama.
A friend of Hero and Bea's and dating Robbie,
- Good Bad Girl: She's not shy about her sexual escapades but is generally a good friend.
- Ethical Slut: Her interactions with Robbie make it clear she values trust and doesn't stand for cheating.
- It's All About Me: In her first appearance she announces that she'll be the real star of the videos.
- Make-Out Kids: With Robbie.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Clearly.
- Really Gets Around: Bea hints at this.
- Unwitting Pawn: Robbie sleeps with her and makes it look like he was with Hero instead.
Another student at Messina High and friends who films a lot of the videos.