The Runaway Guys are a collaborative group of Let's Players on YouTube, comprising ProtonJon, NintendoCapriSun, and Chuggaaconroy. Chugga is in charge of maintaining the channel, although Jon has made posts and comments for the channel as well. For the first two years, updates usually only occurred every Saturday, but this was changed to Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday following an announcement on February 8th, 2013. Videos for Mario Party games (starting with the third) and Fortune Street are also posted daily (each board beginning on Saturday and continuing every day until its end).Their first Let's Play premiered on February 5, 2011. The three of them were the only ones participating, but many of their later videos have featured additional players.Along with their official long-running LPs, they have done one-shot filler LPs (labeled "The Runaway Gaiden"), tournaments featuring multitudes of guest players, and side collab projects that they gradually update and use as filler between regular projects.On occasion at Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), the Runaway Guys have their own panel, called Thrown Controllers, essentially a game show inspired by Nick Arcade. In its debut at PAX East 2012, two teams took turns answering questions and playing video game challenges, either against each other, solo, or against members of the audience. At PAX Prime 2012, they retooled the game (mostly due to the previous iteration being plagued by technical problems and a sluggish pace) into a single-person quiz show with challenges, similar to the initial concept except for one person at a time, and this is how it has been done since. Many prizes are awarded at these panels, ranging from character pins from Fangamer to (as a grand prize) an actual video game console, such as a Nintendo 3DS or a Wii U.They have a Shout-Out page here, a Character Sheet here, a Ho Yay page here, an Epic Fail page here, and a Drinking Game here.
Games the Runaway Guys have Let's Played:
- Mario Party
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (ft. JoshJepson)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Subspace Emissary)
- Mario Party 2
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- Wii Party
- LittleBigPlanet (ft. Lucahjin)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (ft. JoshJepson)
- Castle Crashers (ft. SuperJeenius)
- Mario Party 3
- Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Party Game$
- New Super Luigi U
- Mario Party 4
- Rayman Origins
- Little Big Planet 2 (ft. Lucahjin)
- Super Mario 3D World (ft. MasaeAnela)
- Fortune Street: Yoshi's Island, The Observatory (ft. Lucahjin), Mario Stadium (ft. JoshJepson), Slimenia and Delfino Plaza (ft. SuperJeenius), Mt. Magmageddon (ft. MasaeAnela), Robbin Hood Ruins (ft. Lucahjin), Mario Circuit (ft. MasaeAnela)
- Mario Party 3: Duel Mode
- Dokapon Kingdom Battle Royalenote
- Wheel of Fortunenote
- Super Smash Bros.: Round Robin Tournament. The first of the three Smash tournaments, held between Chugga, Jon, and NCS.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, with 10 competitors featuring . This tournament was double-elimination style (if you lose a round, you go to the loser's bracket. If you lose another round, you're out of the tournament).
- Mario Power Tennis, with 9 competitors featuring . This tournament was single-elimination style (if you lose a match, you're out of the tournament).
- Super Smash Bros. again, this time with 16 competitors featuring . Double-elimination style.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, with 22 competitors (2 on a team) featuring . Single-elimination style.
- Bomberman Live: Battlefest, with 24 competitors featuring . Single-elimination style.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Tournament, with 17 competitors featuring . Single-elimination style.
The Runaway Gaiden:
- Super Smash Bros.
- Mario Kart 64
- Wii Sports
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Coin Rush mode)
- Burnout Revenge (ft. Lucahjin and MasaeAnela)
- Wii Play
- Mario Party 5, as revealed in a ProtonJon stream.
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and Fortune Street with Stephen Plays
- Kirby Air Ride as filler with SuperJeenius (revealed on one of ProtonJon's streams) note
- Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament (revealed on StephenVlog and by Stephen's friend Dan on his vlog) note