Video Game: 100% Orange Juice!
100% Orange Juice
is a virtual boardgame developed by the doujin group Orange_Juice to celebrate their 5th anniversary. It features characters from their previous titles such as SUGURI, sora
, and QP Shooting
to create a crossover for their various games. It was localized by Fruitbat Factory and released on Steam and Desura.
The average game is a 4 player free-for-all; players select their character which each have unique stats (HP, Attack, Defense, and Evade) and their own special Hyper card. Then they build a deck of 10 cards which is then pooled into a larger deck of the other players cards. From here dice are rolled and players move across the board attempting to complete “norma” by either collecting enough stars or battling enemies and other players for wins. For each norma completed they gain levels, and the first one to reach level six wins. It also features multiple campaign modes, having the casts from Orange_Juice’s various games try to figure out what is happening.
In the end it’s a game about the RNG and how much it hates you.
This game provides examples of:
- Cat Girl: Yuki. QP is a dog-girl.
- Corner of Woe: Suguri reacts like this when K.O.'d. And it looks adorable.
- Difficult but Awesome: QP (Dangerous) has 5HP and -1 EVA, making her a subpar character compared to her normal counterpart. However, possessing cards with Pudding in their names gives her stat boosts, which means that if you're lucky enough to get the cards you want or use her Sweet Guardian Hyper, she can easily turn her stats around and become a powerhouse.
- Everyone Has A Special Move: Each character has their own “Hyper” card which is normally unique to them unless they get swapped by card effects. Many can easily turn the flow of the game, so long as you’re still in the good graces of the RNG.
- Evil Counterpart: Scary Solicitation to Aru's Hyper. Aru's Hyper gives everyone a full hand, and gives her 10 Stars for every card added to a player's hand this way. Scary Solicitation, on the other hand, gives everyone a full hand and takes away 10 Stars per new card from every player who received cards.
- Excuse Plot: Most of the campaigns qualify, however Kai's has everyone explicitly mentioning that playing dice will move the plot forward.
- Fragile Speedster: Both Aru and Suguri have -1 DEF and +2 EVD.
- Glass Cannon: Peat has +1 in ATK, DEF, and EVD, but only 3 HP.
- Jack of All Stats: QP has an average stat spread of 5HP, and no other modifiers for her other stats.
- Let's Play: By FiyahKitteh.
- Lightning Bruiser: Final boss Tomomo has 6 HP, +2 ATK and +1 EVA and is often banned from online matches for being overpowered. Her only drawback is that she revives slower than others.
- Redemption Demotion: Zigzagged. As of a the 10/25/2014 (Version 1.7.7) update, Tomomo's stats are automatically reduced when she is used in an online match. Her stats are the same as usual when used offline.
- Little Bit Beastly: QP, Yuki, Aru, Marie Poppo and Tomomo all have at least ears of different animals. This is lampshaded by one Extra Scenario map called "Midnight = Kemonomimi" featuring QP, Yuki and Aru as your opponents.
- Luck Manipulation Mechanic: Sora’s Hyper allows her to always roll 6’s for the duration of her turn.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: For Orange_Juice.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: If the character's HP hits 0, s/he cannot move, but can roll the die to get back up (roll equal to/higher to revive).
- One-Hit Kill: Some Hypers like Yuki’s and Tomomo’s will outright kill other players.
- Original Generation: Kai, Marie Poppo, and Tomomo.
- Random Encounters: When a player lands on a battle space they are attacked by a random mook. Sometimes a boss will appear over these panels and will not leave until it’s defeated.
- Random Number God: No matter how good of a strategy you have, at the end of the day if the dice do not like you it’s over.
- Scratch Damage: If one chooses to defend they will always take a minimum of 1 damage, meaning if player is at 1HP their only option to avoid being K.O.’d is to evade.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The DLC Card "Tactical Retreat", which allows you to give (Your Level x 5) Stars to your opponent to flee from combat. This can save your butt in a pinch against powerhouse characters or you're on the verge of death, unless your opponent also plays a card.
- Serious Business: QP's story has her going after Poppo, who has stolen her pudding.
- Sticky Fingers: Marie Poppo kickstarts the plots of the various campaigns by stealing other characters’ valuables. This is also demonstrated by her Hyper “Ubiquitous” where it has her teleport to another character and steal their stars.
- Stone Wall: Fernet may have lowered attack and evasion (-1 and -2 respectively) but her 6 HP and +2 Defense means she can easily tank damage. On maps with regeneration effects she shines.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: The final boss Tomomo explicitly rigs her dice so she rolls high, making it very difficult to directly attack her.
- Trademark Favorite Food: QP really loves pudding. Her character subtitle (Seeker of Pudding) reflects that.
- Variable Player Goals: There are two ways to win, either amass enough stars or get enough wins. They’re not exclusive to each other since defeating enemies rewards you with wins and stars and can deny others from achieving their norma.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Aru and Peat both have blue hair; Poppo has pink while Suguri and Yuki have silver.