Tim is purposely playing bad.
It's been noted that he can do complete all sorts of self-imposed challenges. However, he doesn't understand how to press A to not die, and at one point in Brawl, he spawns with Ice Climbers and simply walks off the stage. It's all because Tim is TRYING to play badly. The reason is either to lull the other guys into a false sense of security, or because he thinks he won't be able to be funny otherwise, between Chugga and Jon's rivalry.
- That's not the reason. The reason is he's distracted by Chugga and Jon's conversations. THAT'S what makes him bad at games.
Alternatively, Tim is too busy thinking about screwing Lucah/Josh/himself (take your pick) to bother to play well.
One of the people joining the guys in the SSBB tournament will be Diabetus
There were rumours circulating a while ago that Diabetus would be joining the guys in their next Let's Play
, but he never appeared during Subspace Emissary. It could be that he was going to appear in the tournament, but not the story mode.
Every game they do an LP of will be a Mario game, or have Mario as a major character.
So far, they have played Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Mario Kart 64, and their next LP is confirmed to be Mario Party 2. All of these are Mario games.
They have also done Super Smash Bros., both the Nintendo 64 version and Brawl, both of which have Mario as a major character. This is likely going to be a running theme.
Need I even explain
At least one of the tournament guests will come back and be a main guest a la JoshJepson
- Wobbuffet? But I think that you're on to something. Now, if it's Lucahjin...
- Bonus points if it's Diabetus.
- Alternatively, Diabetus AND Quadraxis14 will be guests. Cue SNES9X jokes.
- Confirmed! Both Lucahjin and Super Jeenius have become main guests.
will be a guest player on an upcoming video series.
A lot of parallels are drawn between Freelance Astronauts
and The Runaway Guys
, so the idea of a crossover between the two is not out of the question.
They will do an LP of Super Smash Bros 4's Adventure Mode when it comes out.
The Wii U
version, naturally. And really, considering the three of them, they are going to get the Wii U
. Or at least Chuggaaconroy will...
- Jossed. It's been announced that there will be no Adventure Mode.
There will be another tournament with loads of other let's players again in the future, just like with SSBB.
Not only did they ask on Twitter if anybody would be interested in another tourney (as well as suggestions for possible games and guests), but really, why not?
There's a different reason for Jon constantly trying to kill Chugga in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
The given reason was that Chugga accidentally nearly gave Jon a black eye, but when you think back, they never mentioned this in the recording; when Chugga asked Jon why he was mad, Jon would just keep saying "We've been over this" like he doesn't want to talk about it. It's not that hard to say "Because you gave me a black eye", so my theory is that there's a different — or additional — reason for Jon's anger that they don't want to bring up, and the pillow thing was either a made-up story, or something else that happened that they put all the blame on.
NCS was playing a Zelda handheld during Subspace Emissary downtime
How else do you explain "I didn't think I got that rupee!"
at the end of the game?
The next game the Guys do will be a Zelda game, likely Four Swords Adventures.
It was stated on Twitter that the next game after Mario Party 2 was chosen by NintendoCapriSun
. Knowing him and his love for Zelda games, it's very likely he chose one. Since FSA is the only real multiplayer Zelda game (that is realistically recordable), it's a very likely choice.
Because there are two hidden block variants: star or coin. So, if he hadn't gotten the stars, he would have gotten coins... and we all know how Jon feels about invisible coin blocks.
- Also to make up for Pirate Land.
Tim's Mario romhack will eventually make an appearance.
In the New Super Mario Bros. Wii LP, NCS mentioned that he was working on a Mario World romhack, but it was stuck in Development Hell
. If he ever finishes it, there'll be a Runaway Guys special (maybe for April Fool's?) where Tim unveils his romhack and then Chugga forces Proton Jon to play it in the style of his old Mario World romhack LPs.
- When was this mentioned? I don't remember it.
- I believe it was during World 6.
And he'll share some of the more outlandish theories with Chugga and Tim. Their reactions will be priceless.
Their planned fourth player for Kirby's Return to Dream Land was actually NOT JoshJepson
They probably just joked about it being Josh to keep the true person a secret in case they have them in a future LP, so as to avoid spoiling it for their viewers.
Chugga will keep the helium voice for Magolor even after he goes One-Winged Angel. Because let's face it, it'd be funnier that way
- Nah, it would be better if he did the "Maxie of Team Magma" voice.
- Partially confirmed. He used the same high pitch, and yet also tried to add a demonic growling to it. The result is described as "Sinister Elmo".
Chugga joked about it, so it could be Foreshadowing
, like how they foreshadowed JoshJepson
At some point, one or all of The Runaway Guys will go through one of their collabs while completely plastered.
Because it would be brilliant.
- This was suggested in the comments to one video. Jon replied that this is almost certainly not going to happen, since none of the three main guys drink.
- In the invitational Smash Bros. 64 tournament, however, Donnabellez and Lucahjin had a few drinks before their match against each other. Hilarity Ensues.
They will play a multiplayer DS game at some point.
Chugga recently started doing an LP of Okamiden, a DS game, after having built his own recording device for said system. He may make two or three more so the guys can do a DS game, possibly with a guest.
- 'Somewhat true, due to the NSMB 2 Coin Rush tournament.
Collab #6 will be...
Four Swords Adventures
. Just a guess
- Jossed. Jon already confirmed on his Formspring that the next LP is not going to be on a Nintendo System.
- Jon has said that they will do it in the future, but it's not LP#7 either.
Jossed. It's LittleBigPlanet
LP #6 will be...
I myself will be amazed if I am right.
- Sonic Shuffle Maybe?
- Or perhaps Rayman Origins, a 4 player platforming game which certainly promotes being a dick to all your allies
- Jossed. It's LittleBigPlanet.
- However, they ARE doing Rayman Origins, but it's going to be their 15th LP.
Jon's character in Mario Party 3 will be...
Waluigi. Because come on, how could he not after his spectacular and hilarious performance as Mexican Waluigi in Fortune Street
- Alternatively, he'll switch to Waluigi in the inevitable Mario Party 5 LP - with Donkey Kong Demoted to Extra, it'd be a good opportunity to shake up the characters.
- But doesn't Chuggaaconroy play Donkey Kong in the Mario Party games? While I admit that it would shake up the characters a bit, I thought Chugga played DK.
- Chugga won't be able to play as DK because DK stops being playable in Mario Party 5 and onward. Besides, they don't HAVE to play as these characters, they just choose to.
- Confirmed, Jon is indeed playing as Waluigi.
- Don't tell me I'm the only one who wants to see this.
- Yes, because Tom is going to fly across the Atlantic to star in an American/Canadian co-op channel.
- They could play an online game and talk on skype...
- Well, you never know. If not him, maybe Helldragon.
- You seem to forget that HFC HATES calling playthroughs "Let's Plays" and that the guys call ALL of their playthroughs that.
- Well, none of there stuff is actually called a "Let's Play". They're called Collabs. also, explain this.
- That's Helldragon. It's Tom who hates calling video game playthroughs "Let's Plays".
- Alright. Well, they're still called Collabs.
Pretty Self Explanatory.
Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Likely, as Lucahjin recorded with them again around May 2014.
In Wii Party: Spin Off, he makes jokes about the bow ties and even signs off at the end as number 12. It sounded like he was making a joke, but what if he was telling the truth and knew that no one would believe him?
- This would explain his poor updating schedule; he's so busy off saving worlds that he doesn't have time to record, and when he does, he ends up steering his TARDIS incorrectly (as the Doctor tends to do) and ends up landing a few weeks or months later than he intended to upload.
- I guess there has to be at least one of these per page... JON! BRING IT UP IN THE NEXT COLLAB!!!!
Alternatively, Chugga is a time lord
His personality matches that of the Eleventh and (to an extent) Tenth Doctors. He's just playing dumb and pretending not to know anything about Time Lords so he doesn't blow his cover. Plus, he could have polo shirts as his bowtie substitute
How else could he get three Wacky Watches
, an item that you can easily play through every board without anyone getting, in Mario Party
Collab 8 will be...
My guess is Nintendo Land
for the Wii U.
Masae Anela is going to be a future guest.
When Masae's Mii showed up during the Match-Up game in Wii Party, the guys awkwardly fumbled and Jon remarked, "Spoilers..."
. That probably implies she's going to show up in a future project, or at least a tournament.
- Plus recent videos have shown Chugga and Masae to be good friends.
will be player 4 during the LP recorded at Chugga's apartment on December 2-9, 2014
In Breaking NCS
vlogs for that time frame, Masae was shown with the rest of the guys the entire time, and she also made an appearance playing Fibbage. No other guests were shown.
- Masae has also been with them plenty of other times when she didn't appear in videos. She just drops in whenever she can because she lives about ten minutes from Chugga.
will be a guest in their Super Smash Brothers Tournament.
by Stephen revealed that he and his wife would make an appearance in a Runaway Guys video on Tuesday (mistakenly referred to as Thursday until Chugga corrected him).
Jon will win the SSB tournament.
Not only was Jon the victor of the last Super Smash Bros tornument, Chugga also mentioned in one of the filler videos that Jon has won everything they recorded at Pax Prime. Possible foreshadowing perhaps?
- Jossed. Tyler from Wii Rike to Pray won, though Jon was his final opponent.
After the Smash 64 tournament they will finally do another session of Fortune Street
mentions that they'll be revisiting a game that a lot of people have been waiting for them to revisit. What else could it be?
This must happen.
On something Sonic-related.
Josh is Death
Because Josh is Four
, and Four Is Death
In one tweet, Chugga said that he'd procured "one of the rarest Wii games" for a future Guys collaboration. Dokapon Kingdom is
one of the rarer Wii games, and one of the few multiplayer ones—among the other rare multiplayer Wii games are One Piece
and Dragon Ball Z
fighting games, neither of which seems to be the guy's "style." But DK is a board game just like Mario Party
, but with massive amounts of screw-over-your-friends potential, which their fans would love.
- Confirmed in Jon's RE 5:Mercenaries livestream.
Ending a guest's turn on an LP with a board of Fortune Street will become a tradition
After what has happened with Lucah and Josh, now every time the Guys have a guest for a full LP, they will finish it with a board of Fortune Street. And, because the game is relatively obscure, they will probably end up having to explain the rules to the guest every time.
- Possible- after Castle Crashers, they played a game of Fortune Street with Super Jeenius.
If, heaven forbid, The Runaway Guys comes to an end...
The last Let's Play they do should be Sonic 2006
. Now, before
you say it wouldn't be possible because it's single player, I'd like to remind you that multi-person Let's Plays of this have been done in the past: Ba. Boom.
The schedule for Mario Party 3...
To accommodate with the new uploading schedule, TRG will alternate the game modes. On one day (i.e. Saturdays), they'll do a full board. On another (i.e. Tuesday), they will play a duel board. This would result in one of the three days (Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday) where they normally upload to have no content uploaded.
- Jossed. Mario Party 3 is being updated on a daily basis.
Instead, it will be a female guest star, as Josh's character, Yellow Toad, is missing.
- Masae Anela
- As for male options... SlimKirby (Oh, the irony...)
- Or, for another male option, they will play it with Super Jeenius as the Guest, since he already played as Peach in the Mario Party 9-videos together with Josh, stating he plays as her because he likes her hair. It would fit, in an amusing fashion.
- Except probably not, because Jake is going to be in Japan for the next few years.
Since Mario isn't playable in NSLU.
- Unlikely, as he is a main commentator, but I like where you're going with it.
- Maybe either Chugga will take over as Nabbit or Tim (NCS), who dies more often than everyone else, will be Nabbit and Chugga will take over as Luigi.
- They are indeed doing a collab for New Super Luigi U as their 12th collab, but Chuggaaconroy is still there, and this time it's just the three of them. Here, Chugga plays as Yellow Toad! And he will be the best Yellow Toad you'll ever see, even better than JoshJepson.
Considering that the past boards with a fourth person were with people they finished a game on, this is very likely.
It's the perfect thing for a filler, and perfect for how competitive the guys are.
Chaotic, fast and full of unexpected moments. It's not unlikely they'll bring in a fourth player as well.
It's co-optional nature would be perfect for the Guys.
Which would most likely be on the Wii U. Not only is it a co-op platformer where the players could screw each other over, but the Wii U version can support up to five players!
With that in mind, it gives JoshJepson
and Super Jeenius
a chance to return as guest players (as they both did an LP of Rayman Origins
- Alternatively, they could do it with Stephen and Mal from Stephen Plays, fitting a bit with the fact that Chugga did a demo of the game with them on their channel and that they'd need 5 players.
Jon will be loud and enthusiastic, NCS will be snarky and irritable, and Chugga will be quiet and laidback.
- I would actually like to see if they could pull that off.
- Or it could be the other way around: NCS will be loud and enthusiastic, Chugga will be snarky and irritable, and Jon will be quiet and laidback.
The next tournament they're going to have is Super Smash Bros. Melee one
The Guys have had four tournaments by now and a Super Smash Bros. one has always been an uneven one. It's a small connection, but I think it's likely that their fifth tournament is a Super Smash Bros. Melee one.
- Confirmed via Stephen Plays' Vlog. Looks to be a tournament in the style of Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as well.
The best multi-player game of the PS3
, so there's no doubt it's on the table.
During Tim's LP of Yoshi's Island, he mentioned buying a game off of the PlayStation
Network that he had to practice for an upcoming TRG project, and that it would include a new guest. However, a few episodes later, he mentioned that the project had to be postponed because the guest had "health problems".
Now, let's look at the facts:
- P Cull has been a participant in past TRG tournaments, but has yet to appear as an official "fourth player".
- Earthworm Jim 2 is one of P Cull's favorite games.
- The HD remake of the first Earthworm Jim game has a 4-player co-op mode, and is available on the PSN.
- P Cull has had a history of health problems, and may have caught mono again.
Put two and two together...
Chugga will play as Koopa Kid win they LP Mario Party 5.
Since Donkey Kong is Demoted to Extra
after the fourth game. Also, the fact that he played as him during their May 2014 Mario Party 6
Chugga will play as Toad in Mario Party 5 and onward.
This will be done to add consistency, as Toad is basically the replacement for DK, first being playable in 5, then being playable in every game afterwards.