open/close all folders
- Every time the boulder rolls down the path in DK's Jungle Adventure, Jon sings (or rather "duns", or "dunts", according to Chugga) the Indiana Jones theme, in reference to the famous scene in Raiders.
- There are plenty of others, including references to The Protomen, Fallout, Metal Gear Solid, Unbreakable, and Meat Loaf. They even mention that they talked with medibot before recording DK's Jungle Adventure.
- References are often made towards SlimKirby, notably his Anti-Peach Song while, naturally, they're playing on Peach's Birthday Cake.
Chugga: I got something to say, and I'm gonna get real close to the mic to say it. (Beat) Suck it, Slim.
- The biggest reference, when Chugga won by one coin (In SlimKirby's Mario Party 5 LP, he lost by one coin):
- Whenever they play the minigame Crazy Cutter, they read it in the same way the in-game announcer of Crazy Taxi reads its title. (They once did the 'Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah' for the opening music. [All I Want by The Offspring])
- Tim quotes the opening to U2's "Vertigo" when he collects his first star in Jungle Adventure.
- In Mario's Rainbow Castle, episode 5:
Jon, reading what Toad is saying:: But now, there's not a rainbow to be seen. Yes, it is sad. I wonder, can't we go back to the past?
Chugga: To play the shitty games that suck ass?
- Luigi's Engine Room, episode 3, ~2:12:
- Yoshi's Tropical Island, episode 1:
Chugga: Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! AMAZING! All I did was press A!
Jon: Thank you, Sonic Colors.
- Also in Yoshi's Tropical Island, the game Box Mountain Mayhem is announced with an impression of The Gromble.
- Once again, in Yoshi's Tropical Island:
Tim: Well that's okay, because (singing) I want to be the minority!
- When Chugga uses the phrase "Don't cry for me," Tim starts singing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina", which Jon considers an Obligatory Joke.
- Jon makes a few jokes about Curleh Mustaches in some boards.
- "Steeyyympy! I could KEES you!"
- "Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn!"
- Jon sings the classic ROLLING STAAAAART in Wario's Battle Canyon. Chugga and NCS didn't know where it came from, to his disappointment.
- In Eternal Star, the guys team up against the CPU in Tug O' War. Cue Chugga saying "the real superpower of teamwork!!".
- On the last board, which features teleporters, they reference ElectricalBeast shouting "TELEPORT!" in his distinctive accent.
- And during the end of the preceding board, a reference to the "TOIM GODS."
- During Episode 2 of the Eternal Star:
- This little token during the very last mini-game they played:
- "THE COLOR OF THE MUSHROOM THAT I STAND ON RIGHT NOW IS RRRRRRRRRRRROYAL green..."
- From the first time they play Running of the Bulb:
Jon: Wario is really bad at fighting ghosts, he's been possessed like three times.
Chugga: He's definitely no Raymond.
Jon: Well, Everybody Loves Raymond.
- Wario's Battle Canyon episode 2, when NintendoCapriSun lands on a Bowser space, Chugga exclaims "Welcome to die!"
- Shout out to This Very Wiki:
ProtonJon: TV Tropes just kinda had a heart attack.
- When they play Slot Car Derby at the beginning of DK's Jungle Adventure - Episode 3:
Jon: Beep beep! Beep beep! BEEP BEEP!
Chugga: Honk honk. *high pitched and nasally* Honk honk!
Jon: Thank you, Skeeter.
- ZOMBIE CANCER!
- Jon referred to their "Anti-Peach Allegiance" as the He-man Women Haters Club.
- And, as she's the AI, Chugga calls it "Rage Against the Machine."
- When Chugga and NCS fall off the track in Bobsled Run, ProtonJon asks if they had a Jamaican bobsled accident, then asks if it's Too Soon afterwards.
- "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation, used to lower people's expectations, thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?"
- A couple of references to The Legend Of Zelda C Di Games from Chugga, including stating that "Bowser and his minions have seized the island of Koridai" in Wario's Battle Canyon.
- About 2 minutes in to Bowser's Magma Mountain Episode 1, Jon starts talking about Mumbo Jumbo from Banjo Kazooie's incantations and how Maffew from Botchamania talked to the guy that did the soundtrack and said that everything Mumbo said was a dick joke.
- After everybody determines their turn order in Mario's Rainbow Castle and shouts what they got, Tim spouts off some numbers of his own.
- In the Minigame Island, all three guys sing the Sonic the Hedgehog drowning music at Knock Block Tower.
- From the Pot o' Skills, "The enemy is weak! But don't drop your guard!"
- In Episode 2 of Wario's Battle Canyon, after Chugga told Jon he's excitable:
- When playing Bobsled Run, Chugga quotes Mojo Jojo's rant from the episode where an amnesiac Bubbles thinks she's Mojo.
Chugga: I do not talk like that! I am clear, concise, to the point...
New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Someone comments that Yellow Toad's red and yellow colors after he gets a fire flower makes him look like Iron Man.
Josh: "I am Iron Toad!"
- Jon reads Bowser Jr.'s letter as Mr. Burns.
- Meet Josh Jepson!
- They reference the Freelance Astronauts' own Let's Play of the game, in particular their Running Gag of honking a 'fail horn' every time someone has to use a continue.
Jon: Thanks, Maxwell!
- When everyone but ProtonJon was in a bubble at the end of 2-4, right before the flagpole he put himself in a bubble, mirroring what happened in the Freelance Astronauts' LP at 8-1.
Jon: I think we're about to pull a Freelance Astronauts.
- In episode 16, Jon immediately recognizes the level as the same one where Ferr sang sea shanties while screwing around with the controllable platform in the Astronauts' LP. After NCS accidentally moves the platform into a lava pillar, killing all four of the players, Jon even comments:
- When Chugga is the only one with a propeller hat, it's agreed that they need him to survive long enough to get the Coin, and thus can't try and kill him. Cue "I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIME!"
- Shortly afterwards, while trying to time a tricky propeller hat jump: "Do it now! GET TO THE CHOPPA!"
- Possibly unintentional: At 24:19 in the fourth episode, Tim says: "Jon's a homicidal maniac".
- After helping Josh get a Propeller Mushroom, Chugga says they'll "show us the real superpower of teamwork!".
- In the sixth episode, Tim is just getting the hang of the bubble mechanic, and hits the wrong button during their run through the castle. Amid the good-natured ribbing, where the others keep telling him that he came close, but didn't quite manage it, comes the line "Well you see, it disappoints Pokémon if they are photographed from behind..."
- From the same episode...
- At one point, somebody mentions "Super Bummerman 2".
- Jon: "Come with me if you want to live!"
- In Episode 8:
Josh: "Oh, hai, cannon!"Jon: "Oh hai, Mark!"
- The guys bring up Classic Game Room in Episode 9, and mention Mark's love for the Vectrex.
- Sir Ron Lionheart is mentioned in episode 10.
- "Rock!" "Lobster!"
- "Secret Passage!"
- "Can anybody find me somebody to jump on?"
- From Episode 12 "he looked on the ground and found wepon"
- From Episode 12, Jon makes two references in quick succession: "All right, everybody, welcome back to American Gladiators! This time the red team, green team, blue team, and yellow team will be fighting it out against The Aggro Crag!"
- Again, from episode 12, by Chugga: "We've got all three coins. We have all three clues! It's time to…(cut off by the others)…our Thinking Chair!"
- A bit later: "Our handy dandy notebook!"
- Josh: "I can't wait to bomb some dodongos..."
- "To the left, to the left, to the left, to the left!"
- Nobody likes toasted mushrooms.
- Episode 16: "Oh my Goodness Gracious Me." Possibly a reference to the program with the same name.
- Episode 17, Part 1:
- Later, in the finale, Chugga says he's 'value to team'.
- During the final episode, Jon manages to get in one final reference to Steve the Trooper. This prompts Josh to call out: "Eh! Steve!"
- The best time to wear a striped sweater... is all the time...
- After the guys actually cooperate to beat a level, Chugga occasionally comments about "the real super power of teamwork!"
- When someone else gets something wrong, Chugga is fond of shouting "WRONG!" in the same way as Lex Luthor in Superman Returns, and then following it up with "LEX WINS!" as a reference to ProtonJon's LP of Superman 64.
- In the intro to Episode 13, Tim quotes the Gregory Brothers' Charlie Sheen "Winning" song, but says "I was banging seven-pound rocks" rather than "seven-gramme rocks", prompting Jon to point out that that much cocaine would kill a man.
- In Episode 15, Chugga comments that he bet his sock in a card game... a children's card game.
Super Smash Bros. Subspace Emissary
- TELEPOR' MAWIO!
- Again when Bowser appears in a cutscene. "GRA-HA-HA! THIS IS BOWSER 'ERE!"
- Once the battle with Petey begins, Tim yells, "for BOSS TIME!"
- Many references to Captain Planet are made during the beginning of the second stage.
- During the EarthBound stage as Wario is shooting a Dark Cannon on Ness: D'oh, I missed!
- Jon: Eat the food and be fat, princess. Fat Princess.
- Near the start of Episode 4, When they point out that the timer skips from three minutes to one minute, it is handwaved as being due to Time Dimensions.
- Tim references pcull44444's Let's Play of Metroid: Zero Mission. Sadly, the other guys don't get the reference.
Tim: "It was because of the MORMONS."
- Jon references Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name", and the other two groan like he just made a bad pun.
- Episode 5 has Chugga shout "WHO TOUCHED MY GUN?", referencing "Meet the Heavy".
- "On the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z!"
- In episode 9, Jon and Chugga reference the Spirit Bomb's long charging time while the former spams Fox's side taunt.
- In episode six, Chugga says "Open the door to the Hardware Store!" He and Tim immediately break into the Weird Al song.
- Episode 7 starts off with Tim the Toolman.
- Much like the Curleh Mustaches, Emile asks where Falco is at.
- In Episode 9, Proton Jon does Slowbeef's Ridley voice.
Chugga: Tonight, on Ridley's Believe It or Not!
Chugga: Oh my God, it's my evil twin brother who got the good genes!
- Same episode, about the giant Diddy Kong:
- In the level where Snake is introduced, Tim quips "The Twin Snakes!" in reference to there being two of Snake onscreen.
- During that, Tim references the Tums commercial.
- In Episode 16, Chuggaaconroy makes reference to George Wood as a response to ProtonJon being their navigator.
- Episode 17, after fooling around with Olimar's name:
Emile: Polymerization! We're playing Yu-Gi-Oh! now.Jon: I play this card in defense mode! I play this Pikmin in attack mode! I get on this button in attack mode!Emile: You came back from the dead just to play a card game with me.Jon: I am lying down in defense mode.
- During the later episodes that were filmed at ProtonJon's house, Jon started showing Chugga and Tim Clone High. As such, the rest of the LP contains tons of references to it, including many JFK impersonations.
- "Sine! Cosine! Tangent!"
Jon: You mean SOHCAHTOA?
- During the second episode, one of them starts quoting the Ninja Rap from the second TMNT movie.
- One of their rewards for finishing a level was a Raphael the Raven sticker and Chugga states he always pronounced Raphael's name incorrectly regarding Ninja Turtles.
Mario Party 2
- Near the end of the Deep Sea Salvage in the Pirate Land map, Chugga starts quoting the 3rd strongest mole bosses from EarthBound.
- While explaining the Dueling Mini-Gamesnote .
- When ProtonJon uses the magic lamp, he does a brief impression of the Ridley voice.
- Before a duel mini-game on Western Land:
Chugga: We play for mad cash!
- Jon sings Will Smith's Wild Wild West rap when introducing the Western Land board.
- Both DragonForce and Foo Fighters get mentioned in Western Land, namely "Through the Fire and Flames" and "Monkey Wrench".
- In the Western Land map, Tim can be heard quietly singing Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive to himself.
- Kingdom Hearts got brought up during Western Land, which prompted Jon and Emile to discuss various aspects of the game. Specifically the Gummi technology.
- Jon says "You made me bleed my own blood!"
- Every time (literally every) time the game Fillet Relay is played, or in some cases even comes up, Tim sings the title the tune of Foo Fighters 'Erase-Replace'.
- Chugga, in Space Land, quotes Sonic Adventure 2: "And we all did it together!"
- "Z...Z..." "Top."
- At the closing of Mystery Land:
Jon: You wa shock!
- Jon says that how the animation of the Bowser Sphinx being banished makes it look like Jon just sent him to the Shadow Realm.
- More of an internal shout out, but during Horror Land, Chugga pokes fun at Jon's 'Mario's Wacky World' LP. Specifically, Death Water (and Death Water's son, Led Zeppelin).
Chugga: Does Dizzy Dancing have a son that's a whole band?
- Tim starts singing Sloprano note in horror when someone landed on a ghost space.
- Chugga takes a Warp Pipe on the left side of the Bowser Land board and ends up on the right path in front of the Star, prompting:
Jon: I knew I should have gone to the left, damn it!
Tim: Should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.
- During a Crane Game minigame in Bowser Land, Peach seems to be wriggling face-down on the floor.
Jon: What is Peach doing?!
- During Mini Game Coaster, Tim quotes one of the Epic Rap Battles of History.
- In the first Minigame Coaster video, the "Megaman! Megaman!" quote referenced comes from Egoraptor's "Sequelitis" video about Megaman X.
- "I took a carpet to the knee."
- At the end of the Minigame Coster, Chugga gives a theory on how the Baby Bowsers make the Toad disguise.
"'Chugga:'" It's like you be the mushroom hat, I'll be the face, and I'll be the legs."'Jon:'" And I'll form the head!
Kirby's Return To Dream Land
- The notion of Josh eating grandpas is a reference to Super Mario Sunshine Versus, where Josh accidentally claimed to be eating old men.
- After picking up Water for the first time, Jon starts trying to figure out which powers map to the rings from Captain Planet.
- During World 2-2 Chugga says a line from the Unawakening Float song from Sonic and the Secret Rings
- Also during World 2-2, Jon is looking underwater for things and finds a pineapple. Cue Emile with "He lives in a pineapple under the sea!"
- At the beginning of Episode 3, Jon says they're having a pool party in Raisin Ruins. Jon then attempts to kick Chugga out, saying that "Only Aquabats are allowed at this pool party!"
- In episode 3, the guys start discussing what Meta Knight might actually look like under his mask. Jon says he likes the Brawl in the Family interpretation of Meta Knight being just another Kirby who got coloured blue and lost some of his powers.
- When Chugga!Kirby gets Snow Bowl for the first time, Jon deadpans "I don't wanna play Katamari with you anymore."
- When Meta Knight!Jon fails to avoid Yet Another Stupid Death, the Super Mario Bros. 3 death theme is hummed. And Jon calls them on it.
- Similarly, just before starting the Ninja Dojo, a theme from Banjo-Kazooie gets sung, and Jon again points it out incredously.
- Their reaction to the final target. "It's Pac-Man!"
- During Episode 4, when they first come across the Stomper Shoe, Chuggaa stomps on Jon, saying he bequeaths to him, "a boot to the head!" note
- After blowing up the Waddle Dee robot in a minigame, Tim mutters "Here's fifteen silver points. Now wasn't that fun?"
- Episode 5, after getting the Grand Hammer:
- They talk about how King of the Hill for a while, including saying how Dale and Boomhauer were awesome.
- Episode 9, NCS makes an unexpected one:
Chugga: *Groans*Jon: Really? Avatar?
- At the start of Egg Engines, Emile references a line of Dr. Eggman's from Sonic Generations.
- After Emile gets Mike knocked out of him, Jon shouts "Don't lose Mike! Save him! Save Michelangelo, he's the best Ninja Turtle!"
- Also from episode 9, two Shout Outs are uttered in relative succession: "I'm so hungry, I could eat a Monster Flame!" and "I'm gonna be king of the pirates!"
- All of the guys start singing Inspector Gadget music after their repeated failures in Episode 9.
Jon: This is how far our sanity has gone at this point. Two episodes in and we're already singing Inspector Gadget.
- ElectricalBeast gets yet another Shout-Out from Chugga at the end of episode 9, with Chugga even suggesting they should have him join the guys as a guest.
- In Episode 10, Chugga says, "I AM FED UP WITH THIS world."
- In Episode 12, Chugga sees a flaming rock and says "It's the sun! Someone drew a circle above us!"
- After defeating the final boss, Tim parodies Ganondorf's Villainous Breakdown from the end of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- During Jon's run of the Wing Challenge Room, Emile calls Kirby an Elemental Hero Flame Wingman when they reach a room with fireball cannons.
- When the trio are going through The Arena, they come across Bonkers, the hammer miniboss. Tim, who is playing as Dedede, another hammer wielder, pops in with:
- Right before the above example, Chugga says "Bonker's Bad Fur Day".
- In the bonus episodes, when Chugga uses the Crash power-up, he yells/sings "Champagne Supernova".
- Also from the bonus episodes, they reference Knives Chau from Scott Pilgrim.
- The voice Chugga provides for Magolor sounds (at least to Jon) like Elmo. At the beginning of the first bonus episode, Chugga mentions Big Bird and Jon mentions Snuffelupagus.
- Tim starts singing the Bad Horse Theme from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
- One player quotes Rowan Atkinson in Rat Race: "It's a race!"
- When Tim gets sent to the volcano (which Jon dubs as being hell) he starts singing the Irving Berlin song "Cheek to Cheek" with appropriately modified lyrics: "Hell, I'm in hell, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak..."
- In the Globe Trot game, when the camera is focused on Africa Tim sings a bit of Toto's "Africa".
- During the Jumbo Jump ski game in Spin Off, Jon sings the Sonic drowning theme.
- After noticing their avatars are wearing bow ties, Jon keeps making Doctor Who references, much to Chugga's bewilderment.
- Tim sings "Kryptonite" by Three Doors Down ("If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman...?") when they play a game that involves flying through space in capes.
- Chugga says he's in the 700 Club (Pat Robertson's televangelist program.) He and Jon lampshade it: "700 [points]! I'm in the 700 Club — I'm referencing that?" "Wow, I am surprised you referenced the 700 club, of all things."
- During bingo, Jon exclaims: "Shazbot"
- During the Friend Connection pair game, Tim starts singing "Tearin' Up My Heart" by *NSYNC.
- Jon compares the heart-shaped portal thing to a Stargate.
- During Match-Up (where you have to match Miis' colored shirts), Emile goes "He's blue! If he was green, he would die!"
- "We all live in a brown submarine!"
- In episode 2, they all make puns on things happening to Chugga's "Moustachioed Shark" avatar: when he gets covered in tentacles they call him Sharktopus, when he gets covered in brown sludge they call him Sewer Shark, and when he has trouble jumping Lucah references Jumping the Shark.
- In episode 4, when they play a level called "The Darkness", Tim sings "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" by the band The Darkness.
- At one point, they have to ride a dog through a level. Jon mentions that Poochy ain't stupid.
- In episode 5, there's a segment where they have to stick stickers on some ducks in the background, but they have to time it right with signal lights coming on or bombs drop and blow them up. When Chugga doesn't get it right and is killed, Jon says "You chose... poorly".
- Chugga mentions that he doesn't like the others calling him "Shark Boy" because it gives him painful memories of The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
- When they play a level called "Cowabunga!", Tim comments "Cowabunga? Cowa-fuckin'-piece-of-dog-shit!"
- In episode 7, they play a level that involves RIDIN' ON CARS!, so Tim quotes that bit of Egoraptor Memetic Mutation. He then somehow pronounces the Bill & Ted Air Guitar clip that follows.
- Chugga "doot"-ing Low Rider by WAR.
- When running ahead of the others, Lucah frequently yells "See ya later, shitlords!"
- "Now it's Reyn time!"
- In the final episode, they get a sticker of a punching fist. This prompts a "Pentagon Punch!" and "Punch! It's all in the mind!"
- At the end, Jon plasters a blue sticker all over everything, including the other three players, turning them blue. This prompts Lucah to start singing "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65.
- Several times throughout the LP, Lucah sings/hums "The Spanish Flea".
- After freeing the scientist in the Bunker, Chugga exclaims "I am an angry scientist!".
- Chugga starts humming the boss music from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the final boss fight, as he says it reminds him of the final boss from that game... which ironically had a different, unique, theme to the regular boss theme that he's humming.
New Super Mario Bros U
- The description for Episode 2 says: "The sequel to that one intro!" So what does Chugga sing this time? The Flintstones. But unlike last time, the rest of the guys were OK with this.note
- Josh mentions that he can talk, but chooses not to, just like Chell.
- The look of the thief enemy from episode , is compared to a Rabbid from Raving Rabbids.
- Appropriately enough, the official name for this enemy turns out to be Nabbit.
- In episode 6, when all four of them are in their small forms, Chugga refers to them as "Mario Babies" and sings the Muppet Babies theme song.
- In episode 9, Tim quotes the 'Asshole' lines from Spaceballs when Josh calls the others assholes, and later when discussing the P-acorn, he quotes The Angry Video Game Nerd saying "why is there so much P in this game?" (then meaning Super Mario Bros. 3).
- Tim randomly starts singing "Till I Kissed You" by The Everly Brothers in episode 10.
- Chugga singing "Blame Canada!" in episode 21. Needless to say, Jon quickly takes offense.
- Tim mentions that one of the Miis looks like Shinjanaytor.
- In episode 1, as Jon is playing as An Ice Person, he introduces himself with one of the terrible ice puns from the Batman & Robin version of Mr. Freeze, but gets it wrong.
- In episode 2, Jake brings up Murder, She Wrote and he and Jon discuss it, while — unsurprisingly — Chugga hasn't heard of it.
- Episode 4 has many references, including a strange crossover between The Wizard of Oz and Weekend at Bernie's. Chugga also references the famous Hubble Space Telescope picture Pillars of Creation.
- Jake sings "Money", by Pink Floyd in episode 5. Jon also makes a Soulja Boy reference and is surprised when somebody (Jake) gets it.
- In episode 6, when talking about toast, Chugga quotes the infamous "All toasters toast toast!" line from Hotel Mario.
- Tim also references The Hound of the Baskervilles.
- In episode 8, they all sing "Here Comes the Sun", and after Chugga doesn't know where it's from, they talk about The Beatles, and Tim sings a couple of lines of "Yesterday" before stopping in case the video gets flagged for copyright infringement.
- In episode 9, Jake sings the start of Brentalfloss' Mega Man 2 With Lyrics, while at the same time Chugga does the beginning of the William Tell Overture.
- The finale has the four discussing Mike Dawson getting a place in the credits of Borderlands 2 thanks to slowbeef and Diabetus.
Mario Party 3
- The opening, wherein the Millennium Star falls out of the sky, has Chugga compare it to when you draw a dot in the sky in Ōkami.
- Also, Mario is described as "chillin', maxin', relaxin' all cool".
- When Jon defies always playing as Mario by choosing Waluigi:
- In the first part of Deep Bloober Sea, the guys play The Beat Goes On, where the buttons involved (A, B, and Z) have to be pressed in a certain order; after the game goes on long enough and the button input order gets increasingly complex, Tim quips "Abba-Zabba, you my only friend."
- During one instance of the guys playing Treadmill Grill, both Jon and Chugga comment "Through the fire and the flames, we carry on" as the playing field gets smaller.
- In Part 4 of Spiny Desert, Jon is fresh off losing all of his stars to Peach in Chance Time and is sorely depressed. When the group is about to play the minigame "Awful Tower", he glumly remarks that, while they're playing, that "Everybody's hating Waluigi". Hearing this, Tim and Chugga start singing "Everybody, everybody!"
- In part 1 of Woody Woods, Chugga plays on the level name by referencing Woody from Toy Story. Cue viewer comments expressing astonishment that Chugga's actually seen a movie.
- In part 2 of Woody Woods, Chugga references the theme tune from Mr. Ed.
- In part 1 of Creepy Cavern, Chugga compares the look of the background in the golf minigame to the Hill Top Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and then attempts to sing the zone music.
- Part 6 of Creepy Cavern has Tim initiating the second Last 5 Turns ceremony of the game with his Wacky Watch. When the guys note how funny it would be if this doubled effects of the last 5 turns, like how many coins duels are worth, Tim becomes the host of a round of Family Feud, with Jon even joining in as a contestant.
Tim: Dollar values are doubled in this round, Top 6 answers on the board...
- A very obscure one from Jon in part 7 of Creepy Cavern: when Mario gets 668 coins, he references the cancelled sequel to Good Omens, which would have been titled 668: The Neighbour of the Beast.
- The first episode of Waluigi's Island has the guys commenting on the Koopa Bank's lack of reaction to Waluigi (Jon) in a Bowser Suit.
"'Jon:'" It's like, 'Why are you wearing that stupid suit?'."'Tim:'" (in a gravely voice) Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
- In the last episode of Waluigi's Island, Chugga references Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation and Jon is confused given that Chugga completely failed to get Star Trek references in the New Super Mario Bros. U LP.
- In the duel map "Pipesqueak", when they play the minigame "End of the Line", Tim starts singing the song of the same name by The Traveling Wilburys.
- In "Blowhard", when Jon and Chugga keep counting the spaces they can move to figure out where they'll end up ("1, 2, 3, 4, 5...") Tim promptly starts quoting the "that's the stupidest combination I've ever heard!" exchange from Spaceballs, and Jon replies with President Skroob's line.
- Several times in the duel maps, whenever Chugga and Tim play "Fowl Play", Jon always commentates In the Style of... Rocky's trainer.
New Super Luigi U
- At the start of episode 2, Chugga does the by now traditional cartoon theme song parody...this time it's Runawayniacs.
- Later in episode 2, Chugga briefly sings the title line of "So Happy Together" by The Turtles.
- In episode 14, Chugga says "We have to make this right, we have to make them see!"
- In Episode 21, Chugga attempts a shout-out to Jon's LPs by doing a "Fuck you, Yoshi!" jump, but messes it up.
Mario Party 4
- At the beginning of Goomba's Greedy Gala, Chugga quotes the song from the My Little Pony episode about a gala:
Jon: This is the one you were saving?
- In the first Other Minigames episode, Chugga says the objective of Bowser's Bigger Blast is to be not the one to set us up the bomb.
- During one of the bonus boards, Chugga said his cat, Kirby, is "the stare master".
- In episode 20, Tim randomly starts singing the doo-wop opening of The Marcels' version of "Blue Moon". He also quotes Morpheus' speech from The Matrix later in the video.
Super Mario 3D World
- In episode 1, Emile refers to the Charging Chucks as Football Charlies.
- Once again, episode 2 brings us a parody song. This time both Chugga and Masae sing "Tiny Tim Adventures."
- In episode six, a currently Cat Mario Chugga mentions how much he likes the powerup before he and Jon start singing "Ev'rybody Wants to be a Cat".
- Later on, Jon and Tim get into a shouting match about being fed sauerkraut until they were twenty-six-and-a-half-years old.
- In the intro of episode 33, Emile tries singing "All I Wanna Do" by Sheryl Crow, before being hijacked by the rest of the guys.
- The extras of episode one have Tim saying "Gentlemen, behold!"
- In Part 10, Chugga refers to Robotnik's Egg Carrier ship clearing the sky in ten seconds flat.
- While in a moving chair onboard the Egg Carrier in episode 11, Jon describes it as his favorite ride on the Citadel.
- In episode 13, Jon starts having trouble on the wall panel section.
Jon: How dare I have an easy time with a game. How dare I enjoy myself. Now you must suffer...bullshit.
- In episode 22, Knuckles gets stuck on the hotel elevator's wall. As in, hovering next to the wall while in his climbing animation. Noting the similarity to a moment in one of his favorite web shows, Tim blurts out "WHAT IS THIS!?"
- In episode 31, when Zero drops in behind Amy, Chugga jokes that the cops are after him and says, "I can't give you my license, officer, because you are headcrab zombie."
- Episode 37 has Jon bragging about how he's still having fun with Big's story, unlike Tim and Emile.
Jon (in Big's voice): I'm not trapped in here with you. You fuckers are trapped with me.
- In the finale, Chugga makes the Obligatory Joke "you have to say if you're doing a Sonic Adventure Let's Play."
Chugga: (In a bad British accent) The city's been fucking destroyed!
Mario Party 5
- The first episode of Toy Dream has Tim make fun of one of Chugga's accidental Double Entendres by singing a parody of Summer Nights,note complete with Jon doing the back up sounds.
- The slots mini-game in episode 3 has Jon (lacklusterly) say "Slots. Slots. Slots.
- Double song reference in Episode 4. When waiting on the (very slow) Paratroopa to finish up, Tim starts singing Wake me up when this turn ends. A few seconds, Waluigi (Jon) ends up being shot back to start, which prompts Tim to go in to a parody of You Give Love A Bad Name.
- Later Daisy (Chugga) lands on a space that causes a cannon to shoot at her (him). Jon starts chanting "Fire! Fire! Fire!," which Chugga responds with "You could say anything," which is what Jon was going for.
- At the beginning of Pirate Dream, the guys attempt to sing a parody of the Spongebob Squarepants theme song.
Mario Party 6
From Fortune Street:
- While discussing how one of them can only go one way at the moment instead of doubling back, Emile calls it "The Grand Line!"
- After Emile goes on about how 1 billion yen is like 4 U.S. dollars, Jon says, "But seriously, 100 yen is not a lot of money."
- Jon sings a bit of Elvis Presley's "In the Ghetto" when the Guys are talking about District C being the slums of the board.
- This exchange:
Emile: ...or you could take a chance on Tim.Jon: Funny thing, I was thinking the same thing, I had ABBA stuck in my head. *sings some more of it*
- Tim, at some point in the last part, says "Next time on Game Grumps!"
- "What a horrible night to have a curse."
- Part 1 of the Observatory has Chugga muttering in a German accent about how better life will be for him when he becomes a beautiful butterfly.
- From part 2 of The Observatory, Jon gets card number 42 and remarks "The answer!"
- Part 1 of Mario Stadium begins with:
- Part 3 of Mario Stadium has Chugga imitating the Annoying Laugh of Scratch from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and then being disappointed when none of the others get the reference.
- When Tim grabs three shops in a district and the others talk about him becoming a real threat, he comments "Let's get dangerous!"
- In Delfino Plaza, Chugga mentions a "Super Speedy Spicy Sausage 6000".
- In Delfino Plaza, after someone lands on Chugga's Tax Office, Tim starts quoting Prince John from Robin Hood and mimics his affected laugh.
- In Delfino Plaza, Super Jeenius references the distinctive way JoshJepson (not present) read out a Rayman dialogue box ("Don't be discouraged, you can do it!") in his famous "Oh my God what was the heck was the what the what the what?!" clip.
- In Delfino Plaza, Chugga quotes Persona 3's "Junpei's Believe It or Don't!".
- Robbin Hood Ruins starts with everyone singing "Whistle-Stop" from the opening of Disney's Robin Hood.
From Dokapon Kingdom:Battle Royal Mode
- Part 2 has Chugga commenting on the rather exotic names of the towns under attack by monsters; one of which he likens to a Neopet.
- Also in part 2, Chugga makes references to Star Wars and Star Trek in quick succession.
Chugga: (just defeated a monster and earned a trap from it) Hey, it's a trap! (fade out to the map, where Khan's Castle is nearby) KHAAAAAAAN!
- Chugga and Jon reference All Dogs Go to Heaven in episode 5 when they note that the priest in the Vatic Temple is an anthropomorphic dog.
- Jon does a rather good Dalek impression in the same episode when the Robo-Sassin says "EXTERMINATE!"
- Whenever the guys fight a lizardman enemy, Chugga will eventually make references to Ed, Edd n Eddynote .
- Chugga thinks one of the town mayors looks like Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly.
- At the start of Part 1, Chugga references both Pokemon and, a couple of minutes later, Xenoblade. Funny if you've seen ProtonJon's stream where he accidentally polled his viewers on whether Chugga would mention Pokemon or Xenoblade first the next time they met.
- Right after the above, Chugga starts to go on a tangent about how modern series take the term alchemy out of its original meaning; Tim sneaks in a quote from Fullmetal Alchemist, which Jon calls him out on.
- Part 2: Chugga reacts to an impressive bounty on Jon's head by stating he just needs to take down a few enemy bases to be worth "a hundred million Beris!" Jon confuses it with the Bells from Animal Crossing.
- In part 4, Tim and Chugga duke it out over who gets to control a city. When Tim wins, he decides to prank Chugga by changing his hairstyle to look like poo, which in turn leads to Chugga hoping the hairstyle will look like Poo's ponytail.
- Another Shout Out to This Very Wiki in Episode 9. It included a heartfelt thanks and noting our obsessive attention to detail, Encyclopaedic Knowledge, and Super Speed.
- In part 28, Chugga sings one line from Brentalfloss's Final Fantasy Classic With Lyrics.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament:
- From Jon's fight with Donna, after taking out Donna's first life, they manage to fit two shout-outs in:
- After Jon beats SyKhotic by smashing him up into the sky:
From the Mario Power Tennis Tournament:
- WALUIGI TIME from Brawl in the Family is mentioned when they cut off the game's intro.
- After Lucah scores a Power Shot win on Josh, the following is said:
From Wii Sports:
- Tim randomly starts singing part of Mr T's rap lyrics from Epic Rap Battles of History.
- When Jon talks about how Chugga sat down on him without realising he was there, he asks "Am I the Invisible Man?", which prompts Tim and then Chugga to start singing "I'm The Invisible Man" by Queen.
- When Jon says the ball marker on Golf looks like a poker chip, Chugga comments "Can't read my poker chip".
From Wii Play:
- Tim hums the Super Mario 64 slide race music when Chugga and Jon play Charge!
From Wheel of Fortune:
- In the second part of Washington DC, Chugga makes a joke about Vanna White being a robot, and Jon comments "Vanna 5 Is Alive".
- At the end of the first part of New Orleans, the guys laugh when an outline of California comes on the screen for a toss up flash minigame when the category is "living thing". Tim follows up by saying "Cawifohneeeya".
- During the second part of Las Vegas, Round 2, when one of the puzzles turns out to clearly be "Lumberjack," Tim says that the answer is "Dexter," referencing the show's controversial final episode.
- At the end of the second part of Las Vegas, after Chugga says that he thought the answer to the Bonus Round puzzle was "HEALTHY SLUT," Jon quips, "Ohhhh, naggers!"