Creator: Charlie Sheen
"I am on a drug, it's called Charlie Sheen! It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."stage name Charlie Sheen, is an American actor. He is the son of acclaimed actor Martin Sheen, brother of rather less acclaimed actor Emilio Estevez, and nephew of even less well acclaimed actor Joe Estevez. If you ask him, Adonis and tigers somehow figure into his ancestry as well. Oh, and his mother's Jewish apparently note His character roles in films have included Chris Taylor in the 1986 Vietnam War drama Platoon, Jake Kesey in the 1986 film The Wraith, and Bud Fox in the 1987 film Wall Street. His career has also included more comedic films, such as Major League, Hot Shots! and Hot Shots! Part Deux, and Scary Movie 3 and 4. He also had a small role in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. On television, Sheen is known for his roles on two sitcoms: as Charlie Crawford on Spin City and as Charlie Harper on Two and a Half Men. As of 2010, Sheen was the highest-paid actor on television, earning $1.8 million per episode of Two And A Half Men.In 2011 he dove far off the deep end into self-destructive madness, which led to him being fired from Two and a Half Men. He passed a urine test, which shows that his "unusual" behavior may not be due to (recent) drug use, a substance that quickly metabolizes, or withdrawal from drugs. A Twitter account he created garnered 80,000 followers before he ever wrote a thing, and raced right past the million mark in one day to 1.4 million followers, beating even Oprah.Alternatively, he may have been shrewdly transforming his strange self-destructive behavior into revenue: his "Torpedo of Truth" tour has garnished a fair amount of money, much of which Sheen has donated to charity.He is currently starring in the f(x) sitcom Anger Management (an adaptation of the movie), as a womanizing baggage-toting character named Charlie.
This actor is infused with these winning tropes:
- Ascended Meme: Cable stations are already using some of his... unusual quotes to advertise for Two and a Half Men and Spin City re-runs.
- Creator Breakdown / Writer Revolt: Well, more of an actor breakdown. But, what the media never really emphasized is the fact that Charlie did basically have a massive, public breakdown. His outbursts can be seen as his way of getting out of a show he wanted to leave since the year before, Gone Horribly Right.
- Role Ending Misdemeanor: And getting into arguments with Chuck Lorre caused his ejection from the series.
- The Danza / Meta Casting / Adam Westing: Based on then-recent events, he appeared to be playing a toned down version of himself on Two and a Half Men.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Buffed up for a Rambo spoof in Hot Shots! Part Deux and spent a day without sleeping to play a convict in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Fake Nationality: He has never played a Hispanic character, so every single one of his roles technically qualifies. He is of European Spanish descent. Finally averted in Machete Kills where not only will he play a Hispanic character but for the first time in his career he'll be credited under his birth name Carlos Estevez.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Characters he performs tend to be this or start out like this.
- Leslie Nielsen Syndrome: Once a straight dramatic actor who occasionally did comedy, Sheen invariably does goofy, self-referential roles these days.
- McLeaned: His character on Two and a Half Men was killed off. You can obviously tell Chuck Lorre wanted it as offensive as possible, since it was done by Harper being found cheating on his wife, getting hit by a train trying to flee, then suffering Ludicrous Gibs. Of course, this was all off-screen, and then he's immediately replaced by Ashton Kutcher.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: Yes, one exists. (With material like this, are you surprised? If so, welcome to Web 2.0, and how is 1999, anyway?)
- The Roast: In September 2011, he was the subject of the Comedy Central Roast. Jokes about him in The Tyson Zone made easier with Mike Tyson himself as a roaster.
- This Is My Name on Foreign: Carlos > Charlie. The surname is only inheriting the one of his father.