Lets Play: medibot
Medibot is a Cloud Cuckoolander Let's Player who specializes in Kirby games, and often plays co-op with his friend My Name Is Kaz. He and Kaz have also been guest commentators and participants in Pokecapn's Let's Play's, including the infamous Sonic 2006. He has guest-starred in other Let's Plays as well, including Kung-Fu Jesus's God Hand and Wolfshirt's Dungeons and Dragons game.Twisted Pixel commissioned pokecapn, medibot, and the rest of the posse to do commentary on their Kinect game The Gunstringer.His Let's Plays can be found on the LP archives, with in-progress ones on his You Tube channel.Notable Let's Plays are:
- Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards, solo.
- Kirby Super Star, with Kaz as Kirby and medibot as the helper characters.
- Kirby's Dream Land 3, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Gooey.
- Kirby's Epic Yarn, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Prince Fluff.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, with Kaz as Mario and medibot as Luigi. The game was designed to be a one player game with the player controlling both characters, but they came up with a way to make it a two player game.
- Kirbys Return To Dreamland, with special guest stars Kaz and Pokecapn, who don't come in until their characters are summoned.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe, solo.
- "Onion Menu Challenge", Solo. A grab bag of short playthoughs of different games... With Medibot reading the Outback Steakhouse menu over them.
Provides Examples Of:
- Adorkable: Glasses, silly voice, eccentric mannerisms... oh yes, and this.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: For the entire Bean-Bean Kingdom. It's apparently corrupt as hell.
- And That's Terrible: "Swear words are explosive, and that's terrible for everyone."
- Let's Player Appeal: The majority of games that medibot has LP'd are Kirby games. He even outright states on more than one occasion that he likes games with Kirby in it.
- Badass Bookworm: As Miriam Webster, holy librarian of Ioun, who has a book for everything.
- Bonus Level Of Hell: Some of the bonus games for Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- Catch Phrase: "Delicious!" Sometimes followed by Kaz saying "Go get 'em!" when he's eaten a power-up.
- "SUMMON: MEDIBOT!"
- "I/You touched [X]"
- "TASed, losers!"
- Challenge Gamer: Using Kaz's twitch.tv channel, he streamed several attempts of himself attempting the Pit of 100 Trials at stupidly early points in the game. He finally succeeds when he waits until he has Vivian to make another attempt.
- He's a top ten world record Noitu Love 2 speedrunner.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Medibot, in spades. Kaz just goes along with it.
- Crapsaccharine World: "You grew up in a rough neighborhood, Kirby."
Medibot: The upside is that everything is delicious. The downside is that includes you. You, too, are delicious, and there is something out there that wants to taste you. This is the most dangerous of worlds.
- According to them, the Bean-Bean Kingdom.
- Medibot figures this much about Dream Land again in Kirbys Return To Dreamland.
- Crossover: "Now I really want to play "Sonic in Dream Land"."Kung Fu Jesus: They could have called it (Ripple Field) The Ocean Zone, or something.Kaz: Yeah, well. This would be called Ocean Zone if this were Kirby the Hedgehog, or Sonic in Dreamland or something.Kung Fu Jesus: That would...be an interesting crossover, and something I would want to see.
- Death Trap: Medibot and Kaz insult the game's traps and then try to come up with more efficient traps to use in their evil lair.
- Drop the Hammer: "This is a game about hitting jerks with hammers." "You can hit ghosts, with hammers- souls..." "There is nothing that cannot somehow be hit with a hammer."
- Return To Dreamland has Dedede playable, resulting in the combination of this trope and Cutting the Knot.
- Heroic BSOD/10-Minute Retirement: In Kirbys Return To Dreamland, whenever Kaz accidentally kills a Noddy, he drops out to think about what he's done.
- Honor Before Reason: The pre-boss level in world 6 places a Noddy underneath a crusher, and there is no way to save it. As a result, Kaz opts out of the stage entirely.
- Joined Your Party/Drop-In-Drop-Out Multiplayer: The LP of Kirbys Return To Dreamland starts off as a solo medibot experience. A few minutes into the game, a blue Kirby joins the action, controlled by Kaz as is traditional for multiplayer Kirby games. And then, three levels into the game, a yellow Kirby appears...
- No OSHA Compliance: Deliberately preferred by Kaz as a far more efficient way of disposing of adventurers while saving money than high-cost traps that have their only purpose be to break.
- Madness Mantra: In Episode 14 of Superstar Saga, when Luigi is hypnotized into thinking he's Mario, medibot starts mumbling about how he's Mario and he's the best and he has to save Mario because he's Mario. Mario.
- Mundane Made Awesome: INVINCIBLE CANDY!note
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever a Gordo appears: "Watch out for Gordo. Gordo will get you."
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Essential for playing WarioWare, as shown here.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Kinda. Medibot says that Magolor's name spelled backwards is Rologam, which everyone playing agrees sounds like some kind of Pokémon.
- He tries to do the same thing with Beast Lor, but it's not quite as catchy.
- Special Guest: Kung Fu Jesus on Kirby's Dreamland 3.Medibot: Now, I brought Kung Fu Jesus in as a special happy fun guest commentator -Kung Fu Jesus: No, that's false. I brought myself, thank you very much.Medibot: He was brought in by an unknown force.Kung Fu Jesus: By my own force...Kaz: Welcome to Level 2! Ripple Field! In the game that we're playing.
- Spoof Aesop: All over the place in the Kirby 64 LP.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: In-Universe. During Mario Or Luigi: Superstar Saga, medibot and Kaz invoke this by going into an extremely in-depth discussion of Bean-Bean Kingdom's politics and economy.
geop eat the onion