Jay and Silent Bob
Played by: Brian O'Halloran
Played by: Jeff Anderson
Played by: Joey Lauren Adams
Played by: Scott Mosier in Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Ethan Suplee in Mallrats.
- Affably Evil: When he's not doing his job as the angel of death, he is a pretty decent person. He naturally has fun getting stoned with Jay and Bob, offering gum to the innocent woman and when he meets Serendipity again (albeit while drunk.) he greets her like a long lost relative.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Comes off as this a lot in Dogma.
- Grim Reaper: Insofar as he actually appears grim.
- Heel-Face Turn: Eventually. After he becomes human.
- Heel Realization: When, after Silent Bob lobs him off the train, he gets just who Bartleby is starting to sound like.
- Meaningful Name: While he is not a god in this version, Loki does live up to the name at the opening scene. He uses Through the Looking-Glass as a means to get a nun to question her faith, simply because he likes "Fucking with the clergy."
- Never Hurt an Innocent: Seems to be his major restriction as Angel Of Death. When Bartleby demands he kill Bethany he explains he can't unless she's done something to deserve it. Although he did nearly kill a secretary for not saying "God Bless You" when he sneezed, so he appears to be able to choose what constitutes a punishment-deserving sin and what doesn't.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He's the former angel of death who likes to kill people, but will happily get stoned with two random guys and chat in a perfectly friendly manner. Would be Affably Evil if he was brighter.
Played by: Trevor Fehrman