Characters: Power Rangers Jungle Fury
Casey Rhodes / Jungle Fury Red Ranger | (Actor: Jason Smith)
- My spirit doesn't make me stronger. I make my spirit stronger.
- Badass Boast: See the above quote.
- The Hero: Although he rarely, if ever takes on the dominant role of leader, and even then under protest.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Averted - despite getting a Cool Bike only for himself, he's the first Red Ranger in since In Space (For those not keeping track, that was ten seasons prior) to not get a Super Mode (Unless you count the armor he wears whilst riding said bike). He gains a second master last and earns his Master stripes later than Lily and Theo.
- The McCoy
- Took a Level in Badass: In the finale, he takes down a crowd of Mooks. While unmorphed. And proceeds to go one-on-one with the Big Bad without dying horribly.
- Throughout the season in general, Casey becomes more sure of himself and, as a result, more powerful.
- Panthera Awesome: Possesses the Tiger spirit.
- Rookie Red Ranger: Possibly a deconstruction, as he constantly worries about not being able to catch up to Theo and Lily. This, not lack of ability is what holds him back until he learns to let got of it.
- Warrior Therapist: How he breaks Jarrod free of Dai Shi in the finale.
- Weapon of Choice:
Lily Chilman / Jungle Fury Yellow Ranger | (Actress: Anna Hutchison)
- I'm the Ranger you're gonna wish you'd never met!
- The Chick
- Epic Flail: Jungle Mace
- The Heart
- The Kirk
- No Indoor Voice: Like Jason before her, once she morphs, she screams every single word. Rangerboard has affectonately dubbed it her "Rape voice."
- Panthera Awesome: Possesses the Cheetah spirit.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Her "Cheetah Jabs" technique.
- She Is All Grown Up
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only female member of the Jungle Fury Rangers.
- Weapon of Choice
- Will They or Won't They?: With Theo.
Theo Martin / Jungle Fury Blue Ranger | (Actor: Aljin Abella)
- My mind is a well-oiled machine. It can juggle two jobs, read a book and save the world - all before the lunch rush.
- Ascended Fanboy: "No way! Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted to be a — if that's what it takes."
- Jerkass: Though a heart of gold tended to show up when it counted.
- The Lancer
- The Napoleon: Shorter even than his own love interest and anyone else in the series, with a massive ego and pushing himself as the best of the bunch.
- In fact, it kind of screws around the show a bit, because when he morphs he's around the same height as the other Rangers.
- Panthera Awesome: Jaguar
- Polar Opposite Twins: Has a twin brother named Luan, who is fun-loving, adventurous and nowhere near as egotistical as Theo. They're even played by the same actor.
- The Smart Guy
- The Spock
- Weapon of Choice
- Will They or Won't They?: With Lily.
Robert "R.J." James / Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger | (Actor: David de Lautour)
- Remember, guys! The enemy is merciless. And just as graceful as - (falls over, springs back up) Me!
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Aside from shooting Ki Attacks from his morpher, he is the only Jungle Fury Ranger who does not possess a secondary weapon.
- Big Eater: Especially when it comes to pizza.
- The Big Guy: His fighting style is almost entirely hand-to-hand, and he's one of the most experienced fighters.
- Composite Character: of Gekiranger's Gou (Geki Violet) and Sha-Fu, even though the latter's counterpart is Master Mao - but since Mao dies in the first episode many of Sha-Fu's early stuff gets shifted to R.J.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: A pizza-loving hippie who's also a martial arts master and superhero.
- Erudite Stoner"I always like to leave my enemies with a...confusing thought.""Theo, I'm ignoring your negative energy."
- Genius Bruiser
- Ki Attacks: Able to shoot energy blasts out of his morpher.
- Lightning Bruiser: He has some hefty attacks, and the speed to pull them off.
- The Mentor: For the Jungle Fury Rangers.
- Noble Wolf: Possesses the Wolf spirit, becoming the Wolf Ranger after dealing with his Wolf Man troubles.
- Perma Stubble
- Spiritual Antithesis: To Tommy in Dino Thunder. Both juggle day jobs that involve being the rangers' superior, both become rangers after three and both are the most experienced fighters. However, while Tommy was a former ranger and was very direct and serious from years of being a Power Ranger and insisted in training on martial arts, RJ is more casual and laid back and prefers to use the mundane to show how they are effective training methods.
- Team Dad
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza. He loves it so much he opened his own shop just to have an endless supply.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Initially has this relationship with Master Finn, though they reconnect over the course of the season.
- Wolf Man: Periodically turns into a werewolf after Dai Shi injures his Wolf spirit until it is healed through Fran's friendship. He briefly reverts to his form while influenced by an evil spirit.
Dominic "Dom" Hargan / Jungle Fury Rhino Ranger | (Actor: Nikolai Nikolaeff)
- Theo: That's your very, very safe place. Under [a seat cushion] with old french fries and dead cockroaches?Dom: Genius, huh? No-one's gonna put their hands down there.
- Badass Bookworm: He connected with Fran over books.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: His morpher is this while unmorphed and morphed.
- Brilliant but Lazy: The reason Master Mao sent him away.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Look at that quote above. That's when talking about where he left the McGuffin to keep his powers. Still, despite his odd habits, his thoughts do make a strange amount of sense.
- Power Fist: Well, it's more like a Power Chop, since it's used for chopping instead of punching.
- The Prankster: Remember, he entered the show playing a practical joke on the rangers.
- Rhino Rampage: Possesses the Rhino spirit.
- Sixth Ranger: Well, fifth, but it's not the first time it's happened (For added humour, both were White Rangers).
- Spiky Hair: A spike in the front anyway. His pompadour lick is clearly meant to resemble the Rhino's horn on his helmet.
- Walking the Earth: According to RJ. He only stays with the team because of two things: Fran, and the chance to be a Power Ranger.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Fran.
Fran | (Actor: Sarah Thomson)
- Ascended Fangirl: In a sense. She loved the pizza place so much that she was thrilled to be offered a job there.
- Butt Monkey: Though she does stand up for herself at times.
- The Heart: Particularly to RJ and Dom.
- Morality Chain: She actively invokes this when RJ becomes a werewolf, it's a key factor in his eventual cure.
- Motor Mouth:
- Secret Keeper: Eventually becomes one.
- Take Up My Sword: A variant. In an episode where Lily is acting like a Jerkass thanks to the Monster of The Week, Fran snaps her out of it by threatening to take her morpher and help the Rangers. She only doesn't do it because the resulting brawl between her and Lily causes said snap-out.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Dominic.
Jarrod/Dai Shi | (Actor: Bede Skinner; Geoff Dolan voices Dai Shi once he and Jarrod are separated)
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: As Jarrod.
- Big Bad
- Composite Character: Of Rio and Long. Specifially, Jarrod is Rio and Dai Shi is Long.
- Death by Adaptation/Spared By Adaptation: Dai Shi is the former, Jarrod is the latter. Dai Shi's Gekiranger counterpart Long had Complete Immortality and couldn't die while Dai Shi is ultimately killed off and Jarrod's Gekiranger counterpart Rio died while Jarrod lives.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: In the finale, Jarrod, Dai Shi's former vessel, does this with his true form.
- Demonic Possession
- Eldritch Abomination: Probably has the most qualities of one out of any Power Rangers villain besides Dark Specter. He's less an entity and more a demonic spirit for most of the series with immense power, even being able to rip open a portal to the afterlife to revive his minions once he regained enough of his true strength, and his true form is a gigantic eight headed dragon that's not even close to humanoid. In addition, we never find out exactly what he is or where he came from.
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Expy: Johnny, what are you doing on Power Rangers?
- Also, look at him in an average episode and say he's not channelling teen Anakin Skywalker
- Four Is Death: Lampshaded in that his name is Japanese.
- Ki Attacks
- Love Redeems (Minion Shipping): With Camille.
- One-Winged Angel: He assumes his true form, which is that of an eight-headed dragon, in the finale.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Our Gryphons Are Different: His Phantom Beast King form.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Dai Shi can be translated as 'Great Death'.
- Panthera Awesome: "Spirit of the mighty Lion!"
- Parental Abandonment: During his childhood, his parents weren't around much, and he had to stay with a neighbor most of the time.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He has been stuck in an (unlocked!) box for 10,000 years. The box was kept by a secret order, but opened when a disgruntled student barged in and attacked the order's master, knocking the box out of his hands. Unusually, however, Dai Shi is significantly weaker than he was, and has to struggle to regain his powers before the Rangers become strong enough to destroy him.
- You Have Failed Me: He strips Whiger of his Rinzin, title, and rank and banishes him from his temple as punishment for his defeat by the hands of the Jungle Master Stampede Formation.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He allows the Rangers to destroy Carnisoar and Grizzaka and the Phantom Beast Generals to destroy Jellica because they are no longer needed by him now that he has learned to harness his hatred and deceit thanks to Carnisoar and Jellica and has learned Zocato on his own.
Camille | (Actor: Holly Shanahan)
- Animal Motifs: The Chameleon.
- The Baroness: In a complete departure from Dark Genki Girl Mele.
- Dark Action Girl
- The Dragon: To Dai Shi.
- Evil Virtues: Love, Loyalty, Humility, Honor (somewhat).
- Hollywood Chameleon: Like Trent in Power Rangers Dino Thunder, she can perfectly blend in the shadows without casting any shadow whatsoever.
- Love Redeems (Minion Shipping): With Jarrod.
- The Phoenix: Her motif after gaining Rinzin Power.
- Really 10000 years old: And doesn't look a day over 40 despite it.
- Undying Loyalty: Stays loyal to Dai Shi even after he abuses her, and even gets deposed.
- Villains Out Shopping: Once she went to visit Jungle Karma Pizza when Dai Shi was giving her a hard time. She didn't find out the rangers's identities at the time, but they did help plant the seeds of her redemption.
Carnisoar | (Voice actor: Cameron Rhodes)
- Doppelgänger Spin
- Evil Mentor: To Dai Shi until Grizzaka's arrival.
- Feathered Fiend
- The Evil Genius
- The War Has Just Begun: His last words after being destroyed by the Rhino Pride Megazord.
Jellica | (Voice actress: Elisabeth Easther)
- Dark Chick
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods
- Evil Mentor: First to Camille, then to Dai Shi.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Freed the Phantom Beast Generals to defeat Dai Shi and take over, only for them to turn on her.
- Hypocrite: Calls Dai Shi a traitor for going to the Rhino Nexus for power to destroy Grizzaka, despite that she and Carnisoar betrayed him out of fear of Grizzaka.
- Oh, Crap: She gets one when the Phantom Beast Generals turn against her, just before destroying her.
- Bears Are Bad News: As one might infer from his name, he's represented by the grizzly bear.
- The Brute
- Smug Super: His arrogance about his immense power and his claims to be completely invincible are good reasons why he counts as one.
- The Starscream: Naturally, he blames Dai Shi for losing the war 10,000 years ago and hates humans even more. This makes perfect sense as, after being revived by Camille, he, upon arriving at Dai Shi's temple, is surprised to see that Dai Shi is now using the human Jarrod as a vessel. Jarrod wants Grizzaka to teach him Zocato, but, naturally, Grizzaka isn't too thrilled about that and simply refuses to take orders from any human. Guess what he does next?
- Interestingly, out of all the Starscreams in the Power Rangers series, he is one of the few who actually succeed in overthrowing the Big Bad, and after his success, he becomes the ruler of the other evil forces until Dai Shi returns and takes back his throne.
- This Cannot Be!: He screams this after the rangers destroy him with the Jungle Master Stampede Formation.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Before his huge battle with the Rangers, he declares to them, "You destroyed all my warriors, my royal guards, and the great Overlord Carnisoar. Finally, I shall destroy you!"
- Unstoppable Rage: Even Dai Shi and the other villains are wary of pissing him off.
- We Meet Again: He says this verbatim to the Rangers before their huge fight in his last episode appearance before the finale.
- Wolverine Claws
Scorch | (Voice actor: Mark Wright)
- Our Dragons Are Different
- The Dragon: Seems to be leader of the Phantom Beasts, so he essentially takes this role for Dai Shi.
Snapper | (Voice actor: Richard Simpson)
Whiger | (Voice actor: Jared Turner)
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: He's the only ally of the Rangers not to show up in the finale.
- Heel-Face Turn: After being stripped of his Rinzin, title, and rank by Dai Shi and banished from his temple for being defeated by the Jungle Master Stampede Formation, he does this when Casey shows him his own kindness to his surprise, and the two even team up for a while. Shortly after their teamup, he fades away from existence, but not from Casey's memory.
- Panthera Awesome: His spirit is the White Tiger.
Flit | (Voice actor: Kelson Henderson)
- Combat Commentator: For various Megazord fights.
- Fly Crazy: Being swallowed and swatted by Camille
- Laughably Evil: He's not evil at all, really. He's just forced to be with Camille due to a curse.
- Was Once a Man: He was turned into a fly by Camille. He is later turned back into a human towards the finale.