open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Rakan from Mahou Sensei Negima! has been known to surf on a sword at excesses of mach 5.
- Soul Eater: Death the Kid has one that can become a Hover Board.
- Yata Misaki from K can fight with his board with the help of his psychic powers.
- Conan Edogawa has a skateboard. Motorized, solar-powered, fast enough to outrun many a motorbike.
- When Robin was at Boarding School and lost access to the Redbird, he designed a high tech skateboard called the Redboard.
- Silver Surfer should be the Trope Codifier, even if his origin looks like a cosmic god's joke◊.
- Night Thrasher of New Warriors was a Fad Super with a high-tech skateboard. The skateboard was gradually phased out and replaced with a Cool Bike, leaving him with a name that made little sense.
- Rocket Racer, a Spider-Man villain turned hero, has a high-tech skateboard that allows him to ride on the side of buildings.
- Marty McFly's skateboard in Back to the Future. Instead of pulling off tricks with it, he actually uses it for transportation, grabbing the back of cars while riding it. He ends up with a Hover Board in Back to the Future Part II when he travels to 2015 - and makes us viewers desperate for them to be real as this specific year comes ever closer.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014), Mikey has a jet propelled skateboard.
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who - In "Boom Town", Margaret / Blon the Slitheen decides the fastest way to get off Earth is to blow up the planet and ride the shockwave on a "pan-dimensional surfboard" (or "tribophysical waveform macrokinetic extrapolator"). The Doctor takes the board and integrates it into the TARDIS as a force-field generator.
- Ernie Eaglebeak uses a magical surfboard to travel between islands in The Spellcasting Series.
- Subverted in Final Fantasy VIII; Zell tries to take a hoverboard on the Seed mission, but the Garden administrator confiscates the board and it's never seen again.
- In BlazBlue, Jin Kisaragi can create an ice sword surfboard.
- Ventus's Keyblade Glider in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
- Funky Kong flies on his surfboard. Also, he uses it as a baseball bat.
- Beat from The World Ends with You.
- Rune Factory Oceans: When wielding a two-handed sword, a certain aerial attack allows Azel to surf on the sword for a limited time.
- [Sengoku Basara's Chosokabe Motochika uses his rocket-powered anchor to surf on dry land.
- From the opening movie of Devil Kings, Takeda Shingen rides a huge log, while his apprentice Sanada Yukimura uses his own twin spears.
- Dante in Devil May Cry 3 uses...the mooks. Also Nero, in a cutscene.
- In Mega Man X, X uses the charged Shotgun Ice. Later, Mega Man ZX's Model L.
- The Simpsons: Bart's signature skateboard.
- The Amazing Spiez!: in episode "Operation Spy-Sitter", one of the Spiez' gadgets is a jet-powered 4 person surfboard.
- Lee Ping of Detentionaire is pretty handy with a skateboard, and has often used one to get out of sticky situations. In fact, the very first episode of the show opens with Lee being chased by the Cleaners on a skateboard, before going back to show us how he got into the situation.