Wrestling: Kenta Kobashi
Kobashi! Kobashi! Kobashi!Who is Kenta Kobashi? Simply put, he is one of the greatest practitioners of puroresu in history. Kobashi started his career with All Japan Pro Wrestling by losing 63 matches in a row, all to establish him as the ultimate Determinator. He eventually rose to the main event and put on legendary bouts with longtime nemesis Mitsuharu Misawa, Akira Taue, and Toshiaki Kawada. Oh, and he killed cancer with a Burning Hammer.Announced his retirement in December 2012 — 25 years after his first match — before spending the next four months training just for his retirement match, which was held on May 11th, 2013.
The following tropes are found in Kenta Kobashi:
- Determinator: His (original) defining trait.
- Finishing Move: Kenta Kobashi used the Burning Hammer seven times in his career. It won the match every time.
- Lightning Bruiser: In his early years, complete with having a moonsault for his finisher, although age and a horrific number of knee injuries (at least in part racked up from said moonsaults) turned him into a Mighty Glacier.
- The Mentor: To Kenta Kobayashi. To avoid confusion with his mentor, Kobayashi changed his ring name to KENTA (all caps and in Roman letters).
- Was also also mentor and tag partner to Gou Shiozaki who at one point was essentially "mini Kobashi."
- Red Baron: The Absolute Champion, Orange Crush.
- Underwear of Power