Wrestling: Kenta Kobashi
Kobashi! Kobashi! Kobashi!Who is Kenta Kobashi? Simply put, he is one of the greatest practitioners of puroresu in history. Kobashi started his career with All Japan Pro Wrestling by losing 63 matches in a row, all to establish him as the ultimate Determinator. He eventually rose to the main event and put on legendary bouts with longtime nemesis Mitsuharu Misawa, Akira Taue, and Toshiaki Kawada. Oh, and he killed cancer with a Burning Hammer.Announced his retirement in December 2012 — 25 years after his first match — before spending the next four months training just for his retirement match, which was held on May 11th, 2013.
The following tropes are found in Kenta Kobashi:
- Alliterative Name: Far as anyone knows, or is willing to reveal, it's his only ring name.
- Captain Ersatz: He, or rather, lawyer friendly he, has been a regular in Fire Pro Wrestling.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Fighting Spirit!
- Determinator: His (original) defining trait.
- Finishing Move: Kenta Kobashi used the Burning Hammer seven times in his career. It won the match every time.
- Lightning Bruiser: In his early years, complete with having a moonsault for his finisher, although age and a horrific number of knee injuries (at least in part racked up from said moonsaults) turned him into a Mighty Glacier.
- Made of Iron: He used to absorb insane amounts of punishment in his matches.
- The Mentor: To Kenta Kobayashi. To avoid confusion with his mentor, Kobayashi changed his ring name to KENTA (all caps and in Roman letters).
- Was also also mentor and tag partner to Gou Shiozaki who at one point was essentially "mini Kobashi."
- Pex Flex: Even when he's just goofing off it can be rather intimidating.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Don't laugh at his pink shorts!
- Red Baron: The Absolute Champion, Orange Crush, Iron Man (See Made of Iron above).
- Retired Badass: Wrestled his last match, an 8-man tag team, on May 11, 2013 at NOAH Final Burning in Budokan.
- Underwear of Power: He has plenty of patterns and colors for variety(though he usually just sticks to black) but if you see him in anything else, he probably won't be wrestling.