Wrestling: Mitsuharu Misawa
Mitsuharu Misawa is a former Japanese professional wrestler. Best known for being one Japan's biggest stars in All Japan Pro Wrestling, leading a massive talent exodus from AJPW to form his own promotion Pro Wrestling NOAH and having the largest amount of recognized five star matches in history. Sadly, he passed away during a match in 2009.
Tropes associated with Mitsuharu Misawa:
- The Ace: Misawa almost never lost, and he was booked as a wrestler who could do anything and everything, to be fair, he is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time who really do anything and everything.
- Badass Beard
- Casualty in the Ring
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Emerald green, as evidenced by his ring gear and the color of the NOAH ring mats.
- Cool Mask: During his tenure as Tiger Mask II.
- Finishing Move: Several, including the Emerald Flowsion, Tiger Driver '91 and the Rolling Elbow (sometimes known as the "roaring elbow" by way of Japanese language.)
- Lightning Bruiser: While he got his start as the high flying Tiger Mask II, Misawa was a talented heavyweight whose primary finishers were a Powerslam variant and a Powerbomb.
- One of Us: Besides being a great wrestler, he was an avid videogamer who loved Final Fantasy, Super Robot Taisen, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Bros..
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After Giant Baba's death in 1999, conflicts with Baba's widow, seen as the real power behind the throne in AJPW, led to Misawa leading an exodus of wrestlers out of AJPW and to Misawa creating Pro Wrestling NOAH.