Mitsuharu Misawa (June 18, 1962 - June 13, 2009) was a Japanese professional wrestler. Best known for being one Japan's biggest stars in Wrestling/AllJapanProWrestling, leading a massive talent exodus from AJPW to form his own promotion Wrestling/ProWrestlingNOAH and having the largest amount of recognized five star matches in history. Sadly, he passed away after being injured in a tag team match just days before his 47th birthday.
!!'''Tropes associated with Mitsuharu Misawa:'''
* TheAce: Misawa almost never lost, and he was booked as a wrestler who could do anything and everything, to be fair, he is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time who really do anything and everything.
* AlliterativeName: Tiger Mask excepted.
* BadassBeard: Every other year he seemed to alternate on whether he was going to shave or not. Pretty much always shaved when wearing the mask.
* CaptainErsatz: ''Videogame/FireProWrestling'' has them both for him and for his Tiger Mask gimmick. Misawa has been named a few times though.
* CasualtyInTheRing: His effort to keep his company going strong ended up costing him his life, but despite its decline NOAH did continue.
* ColorCodedForYourConvenience: Emerald green, as evidenced by his ring gear and the color of the NOAH ring mats.
* CoolMask: During his tenure as Manga/TigerMask II.
* EightiesHair: It wasn't ever too big but up till the mid nineteen nineties he had what was frighteningly close to a mullet.
* FinishingMove: Several, including the Emerald Flowsion, Tiger Driver '91 and the Rolling Elbow (sometimes known as the "roaring elbow" by way of [[JapaneseRanguage Japanese language]], which would still fit him given his time as Tiger Mask II.)
* HardHead: Hard enough to ignore headbutts from [[Wrestling/SamoaJoe Samoans like Joe]].
* LightningBruiser: While he got his start as the high flying Tiger Mask II, Misawa was a talented heavyweight whose primary finishers were a Powerslam variant and a Powerbomb.
* NoSell: Including no selling moves that had spectacularly taken him down earlier in the match, though usually it's explained as Misawa seeing it coming the second/third/fourth time and plowing through it, rather than just arbitrarily ignoring offense.
* OminousFog: Preceding his entrances, especially in NOAH.
* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: After Giant Baba's death in 1999, conflicts with Baba's widow, seen as the real power behind the throne in AJPW, led to Misawa leading an exodus of wrestlers out of AJPW and to Misawa creating Pro Wrestling NOAH.