"Take hold of the wind - Into the VRAINS"
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS (rhymes with "brains") is the sixth series in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. It will begin airing in May 2017 as part of the Spring 2017 Anime lineup, with a TV special airing in April 5 to introduce its characters and setting.In the world of VRAINS, Duels are conducted in a virtual reality, known as Link VRAINS, which is constructed with the latest technology. Duelists who engage in such Duels are known as "Charisma Duelists".Yusaku is a boy in high school who doesn't like standing out, and particularly doesn't stand out at school. However, he gets drawn into encounters with people as he tries out Dueling for once.
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS provides examples of the following:
- Anime Hair: Par for the course of a Yu-Gi-Oh! series.
- Central Theme: As the Tagline says: Don't be scared to try new things. In other words, never surrender.
- Cool Board: Charisma Duelists ride one in VR Duels.
- Cyber Punk: VRAINS appears to be this thanks to its futuristic themes.
- Cyberspace: VR Duels are set in a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology.
- Determinator: Enforced as with ARC-V; the show's main theme is "Take a step forward and try!", the premise being that kids should try things out instead of giving up at the first try due to being overwhelmed by information.
- Magic Versus Science: VRAINS has a heavier focus on science than the previous entries, even more so than ARC-V.
- Online Alias: All Charisma Duelists have one.
- Portmanteau: The title is actually a combination of "VR", "Vrai"note , and "brains".
- Spinoff: The fifth one in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.
- The Power of Friendship: In this case, VRAINS deals with how friendship can make a person stand out and try new things.
- Tagline: "Take a step forward and try!"
- Tron Lines: VR forms have these.