Mackenzie "Mack" Hartford / Red Overdrive Ranger | (Actor: James Maclurcan)
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Picture the Fun Personified (though with Hidden Depths) Akashi then look at the spoilers below.
- Artificial Human: He's actually a robot.
- Badass: He takes down a giant monster, unmorphed, with the potent for the season's Battlizer.
- Badass Boast: When Flurious, post-One-Winged Angel thanks to the Corona Aurora, states that no human can stop him, he replies "I'm not human, I'm just fine with that."
- Become a Real Boy: His eventual fate after his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Blade on a Stick: The Drive Lance.
- Death Seeker: Once he finds out the truth about himself.
- Fake Memories: Which caused to believe he's a human instead of a robot.
- Fusion Dance: Mack combines with the Sentinel Knight to become the Red Sentinel Ranger.
- Heroic BSOD: See Death Seeker above.
- Humanity Ensues: See Become a Real Boy above.
- Jumped at the Call: Initially, he wasn't the one who would be the Red Ranger.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Has a Battlizer, and the final arc revolves around his Robotic Reveal.
- Meaningful Name: Mack —> Mac —> Machine
- Missing Mom: Averted, he never had one to begin with. His dad was too busy with his work to find a woman.
- More Expendable Than You: Mack's reason for raiding Moltor's volcano by himself was because he finds himself the most expendable, being a robot.
- Playing with Fire: His Drive Lance has done fire attacks on one or more occasion.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: As stated repeatedly above, he's a robot, and looks like human.
- Robotic Reveal: "Things Not Said" shows him repeating "Good Thing" over and over again once a computer virus attacks.
- Super Strength: Turns out to not be a genetic ability, but his natural android strength.
- Tomato in the Mirror: He's a robot.
- Walking Spoiler: One even he didn't know of.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Against himself, no less.
- Younger Than They Look: Justified because he's a robot.
Will Aston / Black Overdrive Ranger | (Actor: Samuell Benta)
- Classy Cat-Burglar: He's a freelance thief who steals already stolen objects.
- Cool Bike: Hover Tech Cycle
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: As shown in Once A Ranger, he started using his prowess as a burglar to act as a security consultant.
- Drop the Hammer: His Drive Slammer
- Ineffectual Loner: Later subverted as he becomes an Effectual Loner.
- Real Men Wear Pink: His bike is partially pink.
- Reverse Mole: He faked defecting to Kamdor and Miratrix to steal a map to the second jewel from them.
- Single-Stroke Battle: With Kamdor which is how he eventually kills him.
- Smug Smiler: He's seen smiling whenever things go his way.
- Super Senses: His civilian powers grant him enhanced hearing and sight.
Dax Lo / Blue Overdrive Ranger | (Actor: Gareth Yuen)
- Asian Airhead: Type 2; just try to deny it. Possibly the only male example in the entire franchise.
- Blow You Away: His Drive Vortex
- Dating Catwoman: Subverted; he falls in love with a girl named Mira who seems okay at first, but it isn't until later that it is revealed she's actually the villainous Miratrix.
- In a Single Bound: His civilian power lets him jump several feet in the air.
- The Quiet One: Dax is a man of few words, but when he does speak, it's hard not to pay attention to him. Or at times, chuckle.
Veronica "Ronny" Robinson / Yellow Overdrive Ranger | (Actress: Caitlin Murphy)
- Competition Freak: Ronny is a race car driver, so she's naturally competitive and a bit of a showoff. On the other hand, she's still a better team player than Will, so she could be worse in working with the other rangers.
- Super Speed: Her civilian power, which fits her love of speed.
- Tomboy: In sharp, almost polar, contrast to her Sentai counterpart, Natsuki.
- Tomboyish Name: Short for "Veronica"
- Wolverine Claws: Her Drive Claws are this and an Improbable Weapon, given that they're inspired by a bulldozer.
- Wrench Wench: She's not afraid to get dirty and covered in oil when fixing the zords.
Rose Ortiz / Pink Overdrive Ranger | (Actress: Rhoda Montemayor)
- Arbitrary Skepticism: In "Pirate in Pink", she bemoans the Rangers wanting to find a ghost because they don't exist. She seems to forget a certain Sentinel Knight from the first episode.
- Deadpan Snarker: One of the biggest female examples in the franchise, especially towards Dax.
- Hair Decorations: She sometimes wears a clip in her hair.
- Improbable Weapon User: What the hell is the Drive Geyser??
- Invisibility: Her civilian power.
- With Catlike Tread: Made even worse by the fact that Rose's supposed to have Mensa-level intellect.
- Making a Splash: Her Drive Geyser.
- Meaningful Name: She's the Pink Ranger. Her name becomes even more meaningful when you realize her Boukenger counterpart was named "Sakura."
- The Smart Girl (Teen Genius): Apparently she's working on her masters degree in the present, and learned Morse Code at 4. FOUR!!
Tyzonn / Mercury Overdrive Ranger | (Actor: Dwayne Cameron)
- Bling of War: His suit. You could probably use his helmet as a mirror...
- Elemental Shapeshifter: He can turn different parts of his body into liquid mercury.
- Human Aliens: He's not from Earth.
- Sixth Ranger: After some convincing by Ronny, he joins the team.
- Survivor Guilt: He let his former crew get killed.
- Swiss Army Weapon: The Drive Detector can switch between blaster, Simple Staff, and metal detector.
Andrew Hartford | (Actor: Rod Lousich)
- Big Good Duumvirate: with the Sentinel Knight
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Prefers "Andrew" to "Mr. Hartford".
- Rebuilt Pedestal: Mack loses admiration for his father in "Things Not Said" when he turns out to be an android and his father lied about his past. Not helped is that in the next episode, when trying to mend his damaged relationship with his son results in his commenting Mack seemed "almost human" when he became a ranger. Making this worse, Mack started referring to his father as "Mr. Hartford" and started to think he'd replace or reprogram him. However, in the finale "Crown and Punishment, when Flurious threatens Mack in exchange for the Corona Aurora, Hartford surrenders it. Realizing his father really does care for him, Mack reaffirms his love for him and calls his "Dad" again.
- Truly Single Parent: Working as an archaeologist, scientist, billionaire and owning a movie studio, it's no wonder he had no time to meet the right woman.
- Walking Spoiler: Responsible for Mack's Walking Spoiler secret.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Averted; loves Mack despite his origins.
Spencer | (Actor: David Weatherley)
- Intergenerational Friendship: Because the two of them often worked on the zords together, he and Rose get along pretty well.
- The Jeeves: The Hartford's butler.
- Master of Disguise: Even capable of disguising himself as Ronny to fool a perverted Loki.
- Mentor Archetype: While Mr. Hartford is the one who united the group and gives them their mission, Spencer is the one who helps rangers deal with their issues and offers wisdom to snap them out of it.
- Number Two: While Hartford might be the mission coordinator, Spencer was always there to help with the running of the base.
- Servile SnarkerRose: You're the best, Spencer!Spencer: If only my paycheck reflected that.
Sentinel Knight | (Voice actor: Nic Sampson)
- Big Good Duumvirate: with Andrew
- Cool Sword: He ends up possessing one.
- Knight in Shining Armor: He embodies this trope.
Flurious | (Actor: Gerald Urquhart)
- An Ice Person: Pretty obvious when you see him.
- Cain and Abel: With Moltor; which ultimately results in Flurious killing him
- The Chessmaster
- Final Boss: The last villain to face the rangers after the others are defeated.
- One-Winged Angel: When he finally gets his hands on the Corona Aurora.
- Orcus on His Throne: Which actually works for him - the rest of the Big Bad Ensemble gets picked off one by one, while he stays safe in his fortress. And, once the rangers have collected all the jewels of the Corona Aurora he sweeps in and steals them all at once, allowing him to become the Final Boss of the series.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Moltor's red.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed inside a lifeless planet, one of extreme cold, when he tried to grab the season's MacGuffin, and freed when said MacGuffin was discovered on Earth.
Norg | (Actor: Kelson Henderson)
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Last episode shows he's actually a capable fighter.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Thinks he and Flurious are friends.
Moltor | (Voice actor: Mark Ferguson)
- Berserk Button: Don't ever bring up his little red sled that Flurious broke when they were kids, especially if you're Flurious.
- Cain and Abel: with Flurious.
- Playing with Fire: He can shoot fire, ignite his sword and he and his monsters are all fire themed.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Flurious' blue.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He was sealed inside a lifeless planet, one of extreme heat, when he tried to grab the season's MacGuffin, and freed when said MacGuffin was discovered on Earth.
- The Rival: Arguably to Mack; more clearly to his brother Flurious.
Kamdor | (Voice actor: Adam Gardiner)
- The Bad Guy Wins: He and Miratrix get the third jewel.
- Dual Wielding: Wields two swords.
- Make My Monster Grow: Unlike the other factions, he's able to make his monsters grow with his magic.
- Ninja: He and Miratrix use ninja-like skills and magic in battle.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He is initially sealed in a blue gem necklace until he is freed with a stolen device by his partner Miratrix.
- Single-Stroke Battle: with Will who ends up killing Kamdor this way.
- The Rival: To Will.
Miratrix | (Actress: Ria Vandervis)
- Airplane Arms: When carrying her swords.
- And I Must Scream: Her ultimate fate, imprisoned in the same jewel that Kamdor was originally in.
- The Baroness: The Sexpot variety, for Dax and Will anyway.
- Dark Action Girl: A female villain who is also a good fighter.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: Her plan in "Heart of Blue" was ruined because she unintentionally mentioned the jewels with Dax, but he never told her his mission.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal / The Starscream: After Kamdor berates her and calls her worthless, she decides to go this route. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. See And I Must Scream.
- The Mole: Faked a Meet Cute with Dax to infiltrate the mansion and get her hands on a scroll to lead to one of the jewels.
- Ninja: Like her master Kamdor.
- '20s Bob Haircut: Middle of the season, she replaces her old hairstyle with a bobcut, though her hair is still long because of a ponytail in the back. (It's said this change was because her actress didn't like the previous hairstyle)
- An Axe to Grind: Crazar
- Ax-Crazy: All of them but special mention goes to Crazar who actually carries an axe.
- Cats Are Mean: Big understatement.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: How Tyzonn kills Mig.
- Humongous Mecha: what they usually use in place of minions and giant monsters.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The "Prison Mirror" contains an army of Fearcats, but was destroyed with only Benglo escaping.
- She's a Man in Japan: Crazar was a male Ashu called Ouga in Boukenger.
- The Rival(s): To Tyzonn
Thrax | (Actor: Glen Levy)
- Avenging the Villain: He wants to avenge his parents' "succumb to goodness".
- Continuity Cameo: He's the son of Rita and Zedd...
- Enfante Terrible: ...who could only have reproduced sometime between nine and ten years prior, presumably around Power Rangers Turbo.
- Overlord Jr.: He is Lord Zedd's son.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He repeats the same line his mother made when released from a Space Dumpster, after what could not have been more than two or three years.
- The Man Behind the Man: For all of two episodes.
- Younger Than They Look: One of the theories is that he was born during Turbo, meaning he has to be at least nine to ten years old. However, he looks to be an adult.