open/close all folders
Corey Jaron Riffin
"Lemme solo here for a sec."
Voiced by: Lyon Smith
The lead guitarist/lead singer of Grojband and is biologically Trina Riffin's younger brother, as well as being Mr. Riffin's adopted son. He uses Trina's diary entries for lyrics, albeit for inspiration.
- The Ace
- Affectionate Nickname: Laney calls him "Core".
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Trina, as both Corey and her are in a sibling rivalry of which he is on top of.
- Awesome McCoolname: Corey Jaron Riffin, this is supported in the episode "Dueling Buttons", when he inputs the intials "CJR" in the game".
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Admits he feels bad for putting Trina into a nightmare-induced coma in "Dreamreaver", and feels even more so after seeing her nice side that loves him inside her brain.
- Badass Adorable
- Berserk Button: Elevator music is one of the things that really angers him, next to having his dream taken away.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He's pretty scary when he's angry, even in the episode "Dueling Buttons" in which he almost goes into Diary Mode.
- Bilingual Bonus: His middle name Jaron, comes from the Hebrew word Yaron.
- Book Dumb
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: His "crazy plans that just might work" usually work.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Trina's Abel.
- Catch Phrase: Corey ends each episode with "Thanks for coming out, everyone!" and closing a garage door. He'll also sometimes talk of "a crazy plan that just might work." He even says "We have Liftoff!" on some of the episodes where Trina writes her diary in anger mode.
- Character Development: While he's initially Oblivious to Love, he slowly shows signs of affection towards Laney as the series progresses, in fact, in the second half of Season One, he starts to treat her like a lady and stops calling her a dude.
- Chick Magnet: A result of being popular.
- Cry Cute: He rarely gets emotional but when he does his innocence shows.
- Curtains Match the Window: When his irises are shown.
- Distressed Dude: So far he has been controlled by a helmet (albeit briefly, as he takes it off by fighting it), a plant, and an evil guitar; all due to his trusting nature. He even got kidnapped (along with the rest of the band) by two little girls!
- Dreadful Musician: While he isn't terrible at playing the guitar or singing, the only thing he's terrible at is coming up with good lyrics, but only without the use of Trina's Diary.
- Easily Forgiven: By Nick Mallory. Here is a list of things Corey has done to Nick:
- Pushed Nick off of a plank.
- More or less forced Nick to go on a date with a monster.
- Use him as Trina bait.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Expressive Puffball: The puffball on his beanie droops when he gets sad or startled.
- Expy: Of Rory Williams. They're both adventurous, brave, and protective of a close female friend. Plus their first names rhyme.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Sanguine
- Friend to All Living Things: To a slightly lesser extent than Nick Mallory, as he is often shown having animals cuddle up to him, usually in his Final Thought. This also leads him to be gullible and hence is very susceptible to mind control.
- Guile Hero: The fact that he cunningly manipulates Trina into going into Diary Mode, on a near episodic basis, definitely makes him qualify.
- Happily Adopted: By his dad.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: He dresses up for the wedding gig. It's also the first time the viewers don't see him wearing a hat.◊
- The Hero
- Hidden Depths: The monologue in "Girl Fest" reveals he has some repressed rage issues.
- Confirmed in "Dueling Buttons".
- Hiss Before Fleeing: Did this when Trina frightened him when they were younger.
- I Can't Dance: Revealed in "Bee Bop a Loofah", when Corey dances up a sweat.
Laney (to Corey): Congrats, you dance like a mom.
- Idiot Hero
- Improbable Aiming Skills: With a guitar pick.
- In fact, in the online videos on the Canadian Website, it slices through a bouquet of flowers Mayor Mellow was holding for a girl, A water bottle, and his winning dog's fur.
- Manipulative Bastard: Like his biological sister, he shows a streak of this at times.
- Meaningful Name: His middle name, Jaron, comes from the hebrew word meaning Yaron, which means to sing or shout phrases, which makes sense because he's often seen singing and/or shouting.
- Missing Mom: According to Word of God, he and Trina were adopted by a single father and there was no mother.
- Nice Hat: He wears his beanie everyehere, even to bed, in which he wears a blue version of when he sleeps.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Mostly towards Laney.
- Oblivious to Love: To Laney at first, then it's averted in later episodes.
- Word of God says he thought Laney was cute in her pageant outfit.
- During the song in "For Hat and Country", he calls Laney "my gal".
- It is hinted that he returns her feelings after they kiss in "Metrognome".
- Off Model: His eyebrows overlap his beanie.
- Out-of-Character Moment: While he's calm most of the time, there are rare instances when he loses his cool.
- He lost it in "Love in a Nethervator", due to elevator music being his Berserk Button.
- He has an even bigger one in "Dueling Buttons", where he completely snaps when Trina steals his dream and his fame.
Laney (slowly): Breathe.
Corey: I've been breathing all my life, and it's got me nothing!
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The Blue Boy to Trina's Pink Girl (In terms of hair color).
- Plot Allergy: It's shown that he's allergic to cats, specifcally cat dander, as shown in "Super Zeroes" as he had no problems holding Mina's danderless cat.
- Wheelie, the cat in a roller skate, is also presumed to be danderless, as Corey hugs him and he didn't sneeze.
- His allergic reaction to cat dander has snapped him out of his brainwashing in the episode "One Plant Band".
- The Pollyanna
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Laney's blue, oddly since it's in stark contrast to their hair colors.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Blueberries, or anything that has blueberries in it, like blueberry waffles.
- His favorite drink is chocolate milk.
- Signing Off Catch Phrase: "Thanks for coming out, everyone!"
- The Southpaw: Plays the guitar with his left hand, even though he's ambidextrous.
- Super OCD: His OCD rituals are known to have him book a gig at any place at every chance he gets, not letting even one slip by.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Laney.
- They Do: Corey officaly hooks up with Laney in "Here us, Rock!"
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
"When you're in love, even doing nothing at all is wonderful."
Voiced by: Bryn McAuley
The bassist (although multi-talented), Self-proclaimed band manager, and the only female member of Grojband (although with the clothing she often wears, she's often mistaken to be a boy). Has a huge crush on Corey.
Kin and Kon Kujira
"Wow! Somebody must really like us!"
"I bet it's our future selves!"
Voiced by: Sergio Di Zio (Kin Kujira) and Tim Beresford (Kon Kujura)
Kin: Kon's Siamese twin brother, Keyboardist for Grojband, and a genius, as he's in charge of the band's pyrotechnics, lighting, computers, and any instrumentation that is tech related and that he would also invent gadgets that could come in handy when trying to make Trina go into Diary Mode.
Kon: Kin's Siamese twin brother, and Drummer for Grojband. Seems to have a Crush on Trina Riffin, whom she doesn't love him back.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Kon
- Alliterative Name: Both Kin Kujira and Kon Kujira.
- Alleged Lookalikes: They claim to be identical twins, despite looking nothing like each other.
- Animorphism: In "Hair Today, Kon Tomorrow", Kon turns into a dog for the majority of the episode - sort of. 'Kon Dog' is actually regular Kon after having spilled hair tonic on himself, getting zapped by a magic wand, and hitting his head. This results in amnesia that causes him to believe that he's a dog.
- Asian Airhead/Genius Ditz: Kon is a rare male example, and a rarer Asian Genius Ditz.
- Asian and Nerdy: Kin, he and Kon can even speak fluently in Japanese.
- Badass Adorable
- Big Eater: Kon
- Big Fun: Kon
- The Big Guy: Kon
- Black Bead Eyes: Kin has these under his glasses.
- Book Dumb: Kon, when it comes to math, which is part of the reason why he failed six years worth of it as shown in the episode "Math of Kon".
- Brains and Brawn: Kin and Kon respectively.
- Conjoined Twins: They were born as this, and have the scars to prove it.
- It's also worth noting that Kon has Kin's nipples on his back, which is lampshaded by Corey in "In-D Road Rager".
- Creepy Child: There are several instances where Kin qualifies. It's even lampshaded in "Dream Reaver Part 1" where the Wicked Cool Transition, is "Creepy Kin Transition".
- Ditzy Genius: Kin.
- Dumb and Drummer: Kon obviously isn't the smartest member of the band.
- Dumb Muscle: Kon.
- Expy: of Harold and Owen.
- Fat and Skinny: Kon and Kin respectively.
- Fat Comic Relief: Kon
- For Science!: Kin.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Kin is Melancholic, while Kon is Choleric.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Kin.
- Gass Hole: Kon
- Gentle Giant: Kon.
- "It" Is Dehumanizing: Trina refers to Kon as "It".
- Mad Scientist: Kin is often the most morally dubious of the band due to his self-admitted creepy obsession with science.
- No-Neck Chump: Kon.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Kon according to Word of God.
- Older Than He Looks: Kin due to the events of "Ahead of our Own Tone", as he's physically a year older than Kon.
- Polar Opposite Twins
- Precocious Crush: Kon to Trina.
- The Short Guy with Glasses: Kin.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Kin.
- The Smart Guy: Kin
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Kin
- Smarter Than You Look: Kon, he becomes a math genius when he's drumming, when not, he doesn't know how many hands make up six fingers.
- Sibling Team
- The Storyteller: Both of them.
- Tacky Tuxedo: Kin wears one.
- Teens Are Short: Kin.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cheese.
Voiced by: Lyon Smith (Carrie), Bryn McAuley (Larry), Sergio Di Zio (Kim), and Tim Beresford (Konnie)
The show's secondary antagonists. The Newmans are Distaff Counterparts
of Corey, Laney, Kin, and Kon.
"Well, whatever the worst burn of your life was, imagine it just got said to you. Twice!"
The lead guitarist/lead singer of the Newmans and is Mina Beff's younger sister. She's more competent in writing lyrics than Corey.
"Gals, I am not built for this. And I didn't bring my inhaler."
The bassist, manager, and the only male member of the Newmans (although often mistaken to be a girl). Has a huge crush on Carrie.
Kim and Konnie Kagami
"I think they're taking this whole sharing a heart thing too far."
"Ice cream! ICE! CREAM!"
—Konnie (With Kon at the same time)
Kim: Konnie's Siamese twin sister and Keyboardist for the Newmans.
Konnie: Kim's Siamese twin sister and Drummer for the Newmans.
Katrina "Trina" Riffin
"Just try to imagine...just imagine...how little I care, and junk."
The show's primary antagonist, she'll stop at nothing to ruin Grojband and use their garage as her own private bedroom. She has an unrequited crush on Nick Mallory, whom she describes him as Hunky, and is Corey's older sister and Mr. Riffin's adopted daughter. She has a diary and Once per Episode
whenever she's overcome with an emotion (whatever the emotion calls for it) she goes into Diary Mode.
- Alpha Bitch
- Asshole Victim/Butt Monkey/The Chew Toy: Very frequently.
- The Assimilator: She'll make everyone become one with the sparklebrain.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Has several moments with Mina that shows she really does care for her as a friend and not just as a slave.
- Bad Boss: To Mina.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Invoked in "Inn Er Face"
- Big Bad: Especially in the episodes "Ahead of our Own Tone" and "The Bandidate".
- Big Biological Sister Bully: To Corey.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Corey's Cain.
- Call a Human a "Meatbag": Calls her brother one in "Ahead of our Own Tone".
- Catch Phrase: "BAM!"
- Childhood Friends: With Mina, as they've been friends since Kindergarten.
- Clark Kenting: Her math-loving alter ego wears glasses, drab clothing and a Prim and Proper Bun. She also acts nicer towards Mina.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She'll be threatened by any girl who tries to get close to Nick or just birds.
- Closet Geek: Towards math (Hence why she's also known as Trigonometrina).
- Color Motif: Pink. She even has an obsession of the color and gives names to pink things that contain the word "pink", she even named her pink car Pinktastic and her pink sweater Pinkcredible.
- Comfort Food: Cupcakes.
Tastes like sad...
- Companion Cube: Pinkredible, her favorite sweater.
- Cry Cute: In her Diary Modes in the episodes "Soulin' Down the Road" and "Hear us, Rock! - Part 1"
- Curtains Match the Window: When her irises are shown.
- Her favorite sweater, Pinkredible, complements her hair color.
- Cyborg: Turns into one for a good chunk of "Ahead of Our Own Tone" because she was the first guinea pig - er "Lucky Customer" to try out the new Blab Tab In-brain Implant.
- Death Glare
- Drama Queen: In "Six Strings of Evil" she referred to a day where Nick politely declined her offer of going out for a milkshake as the worst day of her whole life, even though worse things happen to her all the time.
- Drives Like Crazy: Tends to suffer from road rage.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: When she was younger.
- Emotional Powers: When writing in her diary.
- Evil Makeover: Once she gets the brain implant in "Ahead of our own Tone" her hair and clothes turn into a dark-ish purple with two streaks of pink in the middle of her hair, squared pupils with Green Eyes, and her voice changes to a Machine Monotone.
- Evil Overlord: Cyborg!Trina in the Bad Future of "Ahead of our own Tone".
- Evil Plan: Her plans get called this whether it's dealing with her younger biological brother's band and/or trying to make Nick fall for her.
- Expy: A non-villainous example, but she's a much, much crazier and meaner version of Candace Flynn. Or, summing it up, she's Candace without all the Pet the Dog moments.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Sometimes, when she's thinking of romancing hunky Nick Mallory - which is often - her pupils turn pink hearts.
- Fiery Redhead: Has the attitude of one.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Choleric
- Game Face: Displays this when writing her diary in anger mode. She also made the same face when she was just really upset (even as a kid).
- Good with Numbers: She loves math and numbers so much, she would often hide the fact behind her alter-ego, Trigonometrina, as she'd never admit it in public.
- Hair Decorations: She sports a purple headband.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She has severe anger issues.
- Happily Adopted: By her dad.
- Held Back In School: For three years, despite her intelligence.
- Hidden Depths: Secretly loves math.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: She has one beneath all the crazy. We even see it visibly as Katrina in "Dreamreavers".
- Hive Queen: In "Ahead of our own Tone", thanks to the implant.
- Hoist By Their Own Petard: Her refusal to assimilate Mina in "Ahead of our own Tone" leads to Mina taking an implant from Corey and making her listen to her brothers music via the Hivemind.
- Hypocrite: In "Dueling Buttons" she's shown to be singing and enjoying music.
- In fact in "Smash Up Terby" she tells Kin "No Nerding", yet in "Math of Kon", she's secretly a nerd.
- iSophagus: In "On the Air and Out to Sea" her braces picks up radio transmissions from her brother's radio station.
- Irrational Hatred: Of Grojband.
- It's All About Me: Taken Up to Eleven in "Here, Us Rock!", where she helps the Orbs in their grudge match against Grojband, preferring to let the Earth and everyone on it (except for herself and Nick Mallory) be destroyed rather then let Corey and his band be the ones who saved it.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma
- Love Makes You Evil: At least one of the reasons "Katrina" became Trina is to win over Nick Mallory. This is ironic since Nick has only ever shown interest in the softer side of Trina, which means she would have been better off not changing at all.
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: Hashtag (Insert word here)!
- Machine Monotone: Speaks in this tone of voice after the implant turns her into a Cyborg in "Ahead of Our Own Tone".
- Manipulative Bastard: Shows signs of this at times, especially in the episode "In-D Road Rager".
- Missing Mom: According to Word of God, she and Corey were adopted by a single father and there was no mother.
- More Than Mind Control: Agrees on erupting Mount Peaceville when the demon guitar now Music Box starts talking to her at the end of "Six Strings of Evil".
- The Muse: Serves as an unwitting one to the band (Cory's inability to come up with good lyrics is part of the reason.)
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Keeps her love of math hidden so she won't be associated with nerds.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Hates the name Katrina and insists on being called Trina. It's later shown that she openly went by Katrina when she Used to Be a Sweet Kid, and her repressed nice side still goes by it.
- Opinion Flip Flop: When she says she hates or doesn't care about something, she will immediately claim she likes it if it turns out Nick likes it.
- Opera Gloves: Wears them as part of her pageant outfit in "Queen Bee".
- Out-Gambitted: In "Wish Upon a Jug".
- Overly Long Name: Her math loving alter ego's full name is Trigonometric Trina Adelaide.
- Parental Substitute: Acts as one to Corey, whose adopted father is never seen.
- Pet the Dog: Towards Mina as Trigonometrina in "Math of Kon" as the two spend a nice day together.
- Also at the end of "Queen Bee", with her giving her crown over to a joyful Mina. Really, all of her actual friendship moments with Mina qualify.
- Her love and protectiveness toward Mr. Mooseface.
- There's also a literal example in "Hair Today"...which doesn't last once she learns the dog is actually Kon.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The Pink Girl to Corey's Blue Boy (In terms of hair color).
- Pink Means Feminine/Princesses Prefer Pink: She's a princess in her mind and often wears pink.
- Plot Allergy: In "Kon-Fusion" it's revealed she's allergic to bread crust, in "Pop Goes the Bubble" she's also allergic to bubbles.
- Prim and Proper Bun: She sports her hair in one in the episodes "Math of Kon" (As Trigonometrina), and "Rockersize".
- Punny Name: Trigonometrina.
- Rage Breaking Point: Writes her diary in Anger Mode whenever she reaches this.
- Reality Warper: A mild case. Whenever she writes lyrics-worthy entries in her diary, her emotions manifest around her, and strange phenomenon happens depending on the emotion.
- She can also resist drooling and sweating, because she considers it to be "for losers".
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When writing her diary in anger mode or in fear mode.
- Revenge Before Reason: See Stupid Evil Below.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: With the attitude of a Fiery Redhead.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: "Sigh, Mina."
- "Mega gasp!"
- Secret Diary: Uses one, and that's where the band gets their lyrics from.
- Secret Identity: Trigonometrina
- Security Blanket: Mr. Mooseface, her favorite stuffed toy she loved during childhood, she's still very protective of it.
- Sore Loser: She did not take her defeat in the episode "Queen Bee" very well.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards Nick.
- The Stool Pigeon: Rats the band out to Mayor Mellow whenever she wants them out of the way and they're doing something he doesn't agree with.
- Stupid Evil: She's willing to die (or at least get badly hurt) from falling if it ruins her brothers bands reputation, all because they showed her up at Mick Mallory's birthday.
- Sweet Tooth: She loves chocolate.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Whenever she happily goes diary or whenever Nick Mallory is nice to her.
- Teens Are Monsters
- Token Evil Teammate: Is an unwitting help to the band as much as she is a hindrance.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her early design.
- Too Important to Walk: Has Mina carry her on piggyback when she doesn't feel like walking.
- Tsundere: Normally abuses Mina, but treats her nicely when disguised as Trigonometrina. Shows some signs of it toward her brother sometimes too.
- Twitchy Eye
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Her nicer Katrina personality is locked away inside of her.
- Why Did It Have to Be Puppets?: In the episode "No Strings Attached" she was traumatized after a scary encounter with puppets when she was a kid.
- Taken a bit further considering that the "Pretty Puppet" she picked up turned out to be scary.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: If you can believe it. In the pilot Trina was merely overbearing and a tad dramatic - flash forward to the latter half of the season where Trina openly admits to trying to kill Corey, going so far as to call Mina a groupie and not even a BFF and leaving the entire world to die so she could be with Nick Mallory forever. One can only hope Mina finally snapping and calling her out on her bullshit had positive after effects.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Trina does this to Mina after she regains her personality near the end of "Knights to Remember" as she chases her down.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade C in "The Pirate Lounge for Me".
Bernadette "Mina" Beff
Voiced by: Denise Oliver
Trina's servant, mirror image, and friend who's a frequent victim of her abuse.
- Affectionate Nickname: Trina has a lot of cutesy nicknames for Mina.
- Alliterative Name: Her birth name was Bernadette, but Trina made her have it legally changed to Mina so that as best friends, their names would rhyme.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Despite the abuse Trina puts on her, Mina still sincerely loves her as a friend.
- Badass Biker
- Beleaguered Assistant
- Beta Bitch: To Trina.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In "Knights to Remember", although part of it is most likely due to the result of Bonkerton Comet, but she was still pretty scary in that episode. Specifically, the comet seemed to switch her personality with Trina's (and Trina's with hers), to the point where she took up the role of diary/lyric writer, even copying Trina's Game Face (albeit with Scary Shiny Glasses added for good measure) while doing it.
- In "Group Hug" after Kate and Allie kidnap Trina she threatens them into telling her where they hid her.
- Big Damn Heroes: In "Hear Us Rock!". She pulls a Heel-Face Turn and retrieves Grojband's instruments from a dumpster.
- Black Bead Eyes: Has these under her glasses.
- Butt Monkey
- The Cameo: In "Cloudy with a Chance of Maltballs" (Twice!)
- Catch Phrase: "Bam indeed," usually in response to Trina's own catch phrase.
- The Chew Toy: To Trina.
- Childhood Friends: With Trina, as they've been friends since Kindergarten.
- Cool Big Sis: To Carrie.
- Cool Bike: In "Soulin' Down the Road" she rides a motorcycle with a sidecar.
- Cute Bookworm: As seen in "Six Strings of Evil" when Trina derides her love of books.
- The Dog Bites Back: Gets back at Trina by standing up to her and saying that she's had enough abuse in "Hear Us Rock!".
- Doppelgänger: To Trina, as she's pretty much a mirror image of her.
- The Dragon: To Trina (but of the Minion with an F in Evil variety, of course).
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge
- Expy: She's the Stacy to Trina's Candace.
- Extreme Doormat: Don't be surprised if it literally happens.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Melancholic
- Friendly Enemy: To Grojband, possibly.
- Heel-Face Turn: In "Hear Us Rock!". She's last seen going back with Trina again, but is now calling her out on her bad behavior and demanding respect from this point forward.
- Meaningful Name: Combined with Stealth Pun. Beff, Be-F-F.
- Also notice how "Beff" sounds like "Beth"?
- Minion with an F in Evil
- Morality Pet: To Trina.
- Overly Long Tongue: As show when Trina uses it to wipe barf off her face.
- Reality Warper: Like Trina, she can resist sweating.
- Security Cling: Did this to Trina in "In-D Road Rager" and to Nick Mallory in "Creep Away Camp".
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Smoke Out: Does this in the episode "In-D Road Rager" as she and Trina vanish.
- Subordinate Excuse: She sees Trina as her BFF and goes along with her schemes because of this.
- Sweater Girl
- Sycophantic Servant: To Trina.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs?
- Would Hurt a Child: Possibly. In "Group Hug" after Kate and Allie kidnap Trina she pins them to the ground and demands they tell her where they hid her. Who knows what she would have done if they didn't comply.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: It's Teal.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Fluctuates between Grade C and Grade B.
Kate Persky and Allie Day
Voiced By: Addison Holley (Kate Persky) and Madelyn May (Allie Day)
Two girls whom Grojband commonly refer to them as their "Groupies".
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Kate is the blonde and Allie is the brunette to Laney's redhead.
- Cheerful Children
- Genki Girls
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Both Sanguine.
- Groupie Brigade: Somewhat downplayed.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Kate.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: While some episodes show the groupies as die-hard fans of Grojband, some episodes like "Cloudy With A Chance Of Malt Balls" and "Girl Fest" show them shunning Grojband in favor of some other musician/celebrity, but no matter who they're fans of, they'll always be Grojband's biggest fans anyway.
- The Knights Who Say Squee
- Loony Fans: To Grojband.
- Meganekko: Allie.
- Shout-Out: Their first names are the same as the lead characters of the sitcom "Kate and Allie," while their last names are the same as the last names of "Kate and Allie" directors Bill Persky and Linda Day.
- Stalker with a Crush: Variable over the series, but there are instances where they rival Sierra, taken really far in "Group Hug" where they enter Corey's house at night to give him his favorite drink, before kidnapping him and the rest of his band and holding them prisoner for their Grojband Shrine, until he writes a song about them.
- Tagalong Kids
- Those Two Girls
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Youthful Freckles: Allie.
Voiced by: Graeme Cornies
- Affectionate Nickname: Trina Riffin would usually refer to Nick Mallory as "Hunky Nick Mallory".
- An Ice Person: Nick Mallory's coolness manages to freeze Trina in "Rock the House".
- The Bait/Easily Forgiven: The band will sometimes put Nick Mallory in potential danger in order to get Trina to react. Nick Mallory is usually cool with Corey doing this.
- Big Eater: While not consuming insane amounts of food, more often than not Nick Mallory is thinking of food (or how cool Nick Mallory is).
- Cargo Ship: In-universe. Nick Mallory had no problem dating Trina Riffin when her soul was in her car.
- Chick Magnet: The girls who don't find Nick Mallory hot could be counted on one hand. Laney being one of them.
- The Ditz: Nick Mallory occasionally gets moments of this. For example, Nick Mallory thinks zoos are supposed to be animal prisons.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Nick Mallory is Phlegmatic
- Friend to All Living Things: Nick Mallory loves animals, and animals love Nick Mallory. Nick Mallory is also nice to every other human character, be it Trina, Mina, or the members of Grojband.
- Full-Name Basis: Nick Mallory only refers to Nick Mallory as Nick Mallory.
- Hunk: Nick Mallory knows that it's part of the reason why Trina Riffin finds Nick Mallory so attractive.
- Inexplicably Awesome: Nick Mallory is so cool Nick Mallory can lean on nothing and will spots away with Nick Mallory's awesomeness.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: When Nick Mallory's irises are shown.
- Lovable Jock: Nick Mallory's one of the nicer characters.
- Oblivious to Love: Nick Mallory is clueless about Trina's crush on him. Or perhaps Nick Mallory isn't, and just doesn't feel the same way and acts oblivious to avoid hurting her.
- Pet the Dog: Nick Mallory gives an apple to Trina in the episode "Zoohouse Rock". In fact every moment that Nick Mallory makes Trina go into diary mode in happiness qualify.
- Rebel Relaxation: Nick Mallory does this a lot. Sometimes Nick Mallory even leans on thin air.
- Reality Warper: Nick Mallory can stare away Nick Mallory's chickenpox, and as mentioned above, Nick Mallory's so cool Nick Mallory can freeze things, also Nick Mallory does not do stink.
- Satellite Love Interest: Nick Mallory shows very little interest in Trina most of the time, plus Nick Mallory has very little purpose to the show outside of being Trina's dream boy.
- The Stoic: Nick Mallory stays Nick Mallory.
- Third-Person Person: Nick Mallory likes to see above.
- Unfazed Everyman: Nick Mallory is cool with everything that happens around Nick Mallory.
- In fact, Nick Mallory dosen't react when Nick Mallory watches Trina Riffin's Once per Episode Diary Mode in the episode "Saxsquach".
"Quarantine is such a hard word to spell, but yes, for nine days!"
Voiced by: KeDar Brown
The mayor of Peaceville who "Rhymes all the time".