Creator: Alyson Court
"Though I know I should be wary, still I venture someplace scary, ghostly hauntings I turn loose... Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, BEETLEJUICE!"Alyson Stephanie Court (born November 9, 1973) is a Canadian actress and voice actress. Her light, upbeat, somewhat spunky voice (her normal speaking voice is a bit more subdued) has earned her numerous roles as girls and young women in various cartoons and video games. She is best known as the original voice of Claire Redfield in the Resident Evil series. She started out as a child actress; she appeared in the Sesame Street movie Follow That Bird and was a regular on Mr. Dressup, and she also played the voice of a young girl in the second Care Bears movie. She continued to lend her voice to several animated series, including Lydia in Beetlejuice and Jubilee in the '90s X-Men animated series. In front of the camera, she's best known as Loonette the Clown in the kids' series The Big Comfy Couch, and she still does appearances as the character◊ for various children's charities.Some trivia for fans of Mega Man X: Alyson was the translator for the fifth game, deciding to change the names of the eight Maverick bosses to Guns N' Roses nods in the localization at the suggestion of her then-husband. She's well aware of the infamous controversy over the decision, but defends her choices.Has a Twitter account. You can follow her here; following her will make you an instant expert in Canadian politics. (And she has another one for those who don't like icky politics.)
Notable roles include:
- Claire Redfield in the Resident Evil series (pretty much every appearance of the character except for one or two live-action shorts and Revelations 2)
- Dahlia in Skyland
- Emily Elizabeth, Clifford the Big Red Dog 90's specials
- Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee, X-Men
- Loonette the Clown, The Big Comfy Couch
- Lydia Deetz, Beetlejuice
- Malani in Ewoks
- Megan Clark, The Amazing Spiez
- Mira; Dan's mother, Bakugan: New Vestroia
- Nora Mouse in Timothy Goes to School
- Poodle in Almost Naked Animals
- Ruthie in Sesame Street: Follow That Bird
- Terri Cloth, Belle Button & Fay Hooray in the Garbage Pail Kids series
- Trina in Groj Band
- Herself in Get Set For Life
Tropes associated with Alyson Court:
- Amicable Exes: With the father of her son.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Especially on Twitter. It's not uncommon for her to be in the middle of a lengthy talk about politics, and within minutes be discussing food, sex, or anything else that pops into her head.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has been known to post pictures of herself in bikinis or sitting in a bubble bath. At one point her Twitter profile pic was a headshot from a nude photo shoot.
- Older Than They Look: She's 41 and looks maybe 30.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: She talks about her son quite a bit, but almost never calls him by name, instead referring to him as "The Boy."
- Star-Making Role: Lydia and Jubilee were her first really big breaks, but it's arguable that she's best known for Claire.
- Surreal Humor: Once posted that she wasn't going to let a political beef upset her, and that instead she was going to "get in touch with my happy place...right...there..."
- Teens Are Short: Subverted; she recently tweeted a pic showing her not-quite-teenage son to be as tall as she is.