Tropes associated with Geronimo:
- Berserk Button: Mispronouncing Geronimo's name will eventually send him into a rage.
- Butt Monkey
- Chew Toy
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: If he's pushed far enough.
- The Drag-Along: He hates to travel, and often resists being sent far afield, for all the good it does him.
- The Hero
- The Klutz
- Meaningful Name: Surname plays on mice's purported love for cheese.
- The Name Is Bond, James Bond: Geronimo introduces himself this way at least once per book. One book is even titled My Name is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton.
- Only Sane Mouse: He comes across as this; both as a foil to Trap's Cloud Cuckoolander tendencies and as a point from which the comedy is milked for all it's worth.
- Sharp Dressed Mouse
- Weirdness Magnet: Geronimo gets into strange and bizarre situations no matter where he goes, and staying at home doesn't keep him safe from it either.
Tropes associated with Thea:
- The Ace
- Action Girl: Unfortunately, she's always the first to suffer The Worf Effect, though not to the extent of being rendered into fauxhood.
- Breakout Character
- The Lancer
- Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!: She often uses her feminine wiles in this manner. But she doesn't get to do this in the Animated Adaptation, where she's portrayed as a little tomboyish. She even hates fashion and anything that has to do with making girls look pretty, judging from the episode "Top Model Thea".
Tropes associated with Trap:
- Big Eater
- The Big Guy
- Butt Monkey: Especially in the Animated Adaptation.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- The Fool
- Large Ham: And how.
- Screwy Squirrel
Tropes associated with Benjamin:
- Adorably Precocious Child: Despite being a grade school student and short of being on the actual payroll, he's treated almost like a part of The Rodent Gazette's staff due to his expertise and considerably mature personality but not to the extent of coming across as a miniature adult.
- Child Prodigy: He is undeniably smart for his age.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: In the Animated Adaptation.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes
- The Smart Guy
- Tag Along Kid