Characters: Big Brother 14
Big Brother 14 Houseguest Tropes
open/close all folders
The Quack Pack
The Quack Pack (Dan, Britney, Shane, Danielle, Ian)
The Silent Six
The Silent Six (Dan, Mike, Britney, Frank, Danielle, Shane)
Team TITS (Wil, Jenn, Ashley)
The Surgeons (Dan, Danielle)
Team Touche (Dan, Britney, Shane, Danielle)
The Renegades 2. 0
The Renegades 2.0 (Dan, Ian)
Chilltown 2. 0
Chilltown 2.0 (Boogie, Frank)
Alpha, Omega, Bye
Alpha, Omega, Bye (Britney, Danielle)
Born: (age 42)
Hometown: Calipatria, California
Occupation: Restaurant Server
Born: February 26, 1983 (age 29)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Born: October 17, 1977 (age 34)
Hometown: Dayton, Texas
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Willie is Russell Hantz's youngest brother.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Willie thought he was one of the strongest in the house. Arrogance seems to run in the Hantz genes.
- Asshole Victim: Willie became his own worst enemy due to his constant paranoia.
- Badass: Willie didn't take crap from nobody.
- Badass Boast: Willie wasn't afraid to call anyone out.
- Badass Family: His brother is Russell Hantz and his nephew is Brandon Hantz.
- The Berserker: Willie ended up head butting Joe and getting expelled from the game all because Joe called him out on being a sore loser.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Ultimately turned out to be this.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Willie is a slightly nicer version of his older brother Russell.
- The Bully: Some of Willie's behaviour is intimidating. Taken up several notches when Willie ends up head butting Joe.
- Can't Take Criticism: Got expelled from the game because he got physical with Joe after Joe called Willie out.
- Catch Phrase: Froot Loops.
- Control Freak: Willie wanted to be in complete control of everything. He didn't like following Briney's orders.
- Deep South: Originally from Texas.
- Drunk with Power
- Entitled Bastard: Willie acted like a Spoiled Brat as soon as he was out of power.
- His Own Worst Enemy: Willie himself is the reason why he lost a chance at winning half a million dollars.
- Hot-Blooded: Willie is emotional, hot headed and impulsive, very much like Russell.
- Humiliation Conga: Following his abrupt expulsion from the house, he was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Innocent Bigot: Willie made fun of Wil's gay voice and mannerisms.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Was expelled from the house after getting particularly violent one night.
- Not So Different: Comes into the game promising to play a smarter and nicer game than his brother, Russell Hantz. Within the first week, his paranoid behavior leads to his alliance exploding and multiple fights breaking out. He's eventually kicked out of the game for violence against Joe.
- Perma Stubble
- Properly Paranoid: You just know he said "I Knew It" when the coaches entered the game.
- Heck, players were saying I KNEW IT when he showed up.
- Southern Gentleman: When he's not being a Big Bad Wannabe.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Some of his fellow housemates picked up on the resemblance between him and his brother on the first night, asking if they were related. He denied the claims initially, of course, but eventually outed the truth to everybody.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Was drafted to Britney's team, despite stating in pre-season interviews that he didn't like her at all.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His expulsion was probably the reason that Frank was saved in week three.
- Use Your Head: Was expelled for headbutting Joe, saying "Hit me! Hit me!"
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Especially since he was being set up as the villain of the season.
Jo Jo Spatafora
Jo Jo Spatafora
Born: August 27, 1985 (age 26)
Hometown: Staten Island, New York
- All Women Love Shoes: JoJo seems to have a penchant for shoes. She loves her high heels.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Jo Jo is icy and aloof.
- Alpha Bitch: Came off as this while she was in the house. JoJo was rather competitive and boisterous in personality.
- Attention Whore: Jo Jo loves to be the centre of attention.
- The Bartender: Jo Jo works in a bar for a living.
- Betty and Veronica: Jo Jo was the Veronica to Danielle's Betty for Shane's Archie.
- Big Applesauce: JoJo is from Staten Island, New York.
- Brainless Beauty: Jo Jo is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Brutal Honesty: She is very opinionated, blunt and says exactly what is on her mind.
- Buxom Is Better: Jo Jo takes pride in her large buxom.
- Cluster F-Bomb: JoJo curses a lot.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Season 12's Enzo.
- The Ditz: She seems to come off as not so intelligent or smart. Her talking manner is a huge give away.
- The Fashionista: JoJo loves clothing and dressing up.
- Gossipy Hen: JoJo was the gossip queen of the house.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She drank almost as much as the guys. She seems to be a huge party girl as well.
- Hello, Nurse!: Jo Jo is a very attractive woman.
- Hot-Blooded: JoJo is very emotional, quick tempered and hot headed.
- The Lad-ette: Although she is feminine, JoJo is somewhat aggressive, edgy and rough around the edges.
- Large Ham: Has a very large and over the top personality.
- Lady Swears A Lot: Jo Jo swears constantly, probably just as much as the guys.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Shane. JoJo is much more aggressive and edgier than Shane, who is more passive and sensitive.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the attractive female houseguests of the season.
- Noo Yawk Accent: Has a very strong New York accent due to being from Staten Island.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Josephine, but she prefers to be called Jojo.
- Small Name, Big Ego: JoJo could give Frank a run for his money in regards to who has the biggest ego.
- Staten Island Rage
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Evicted by the house third, but was the fourth evictee overall.
Born: July 28, 1987 (age 25)
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Occupation: Marketing Consultant
Born: October 30, 1985 (age 26)
Hometown: West Hollywood, California
Occupation: Mobile Spray Tanner
- Adorkable: Ashley has some very endearing qualities.
- Bare Your Midriff: Ashley wears tops that show off her midriff.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's implied that Ashley was given plenty of painkillers over the feeds, in part because of her back injury.
- Confirmed a bit; she's much much less ditzy on the finale, when she's off her painkillers.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Ashley is a little on the clumsy side.
- The Cutie: Ashley is very loveable and endearing.
- Damsel in Distress: Ashley was consistently viewed as a weaker player.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ashley is very witty.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Her strategy for the Candy Counter Veto competition: "The Picture Method is to picture everything in pictures and see how many pictures can fit within the picture."
- The Ditz: Ashley defines this trope. She always comes off as if she has her head in the clouds.
- Dojikko: Ashley is very clumsy.
- Dude Magnet: All of the guys in the house found Ashley attractive.
- Dumb Blonde: Ashley comes off as ditzy.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Ashley is popular with the guys in the house.
- Fag Hag: Ashley was very close friends with Wil.
- The Fool: Ashley was completely unaware of what was going on in the game 90% of the time.
- Game-Breaking Injury: She actually had a horrible back spasm and had to be put on painkillers. As a result, she coudln't compete in one have not challenge, and was put on painkillers, in part contributing to her cuckoolanderish.
- Geeky Turn-On: In regards to Ian.
- Genki Girl: Ashley is very hyper, positive and upbeat.
- Girly Girl: Ashley is very girly and feminine.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Went on a mock-date with Ian and even kissed him during a game of Spin the Bottle.
- Granola Girl: Ashley is very environmental and nature oriented.
- Hello, Nurse!: One of the attractive female houseguests of the season.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Ashley is the Tiny Girl to Frank's Huge Guy.
- Just Friends: How she sees Ian.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: For Ian.
- Ms. Fanservice: Ashley is physically attractive.
- Non Action Girl: Never won any competitions.
- Opposites Attract: With Ian.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Ashley is actually very funny despite being completely out of it most of the time.
- Plucky Girl: Ashley is very optimistic and positive.
- The Pollyanna: See Plucky Girl.
- Romance on the Set: With both Ian and Frank.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Ashley is the Energetic Girl to Ian's Savvy Guy.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A lot of people point out that she was probably cast to be this to Jordan. Both happen to be not too bright, but happen to have a heart of gold.
- Unwanted Harem: Ashley had Ian, Frank and Boogie wanting a showmance with her.
Born: April 24th, 1984 (age 28)
Hometown: Naples, Florida
- The Ace: After five weeks, he's managed to win HoH and veto thrice, and has avoided eviction five times. Some think there's a certain reason for him being so great at the game, though...
- Action Guy: Frank was the strongest competitor of the season along with Shane and Ian. Frank won a total of seven competitions.
- Arch-Enemy: Dan. The two were at odds with each other throughout the game and each were each other's target.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Moreso than Boogie as whenever he's not yelling at Ian or talking game with Jenn or Dan, he's bragging about how amazing he apparently is at the game, despite nearly getting evicted almost every week. However, he's lampshaded as a Worthy Opponent as he dodged elimination five times.
- Ascended Fanboy: Confirmed - he applied numerous times.
- Badass/Badass Boast: Frank is one of the toughest competitors of the season. It was very tough to get him out of the house. Not to mention that Frank often bragged about his game.
- Badass Family: Frank's father is the wrestler Sidney "Sid Vicious" Eudy.
- Heartbroken Badass: Had two of his closest allies in Boogie and Ashley evicted back to back and he ended up alone in the game.
- Bash Brothers: With Boogie, Dan and Ian.
- The Berserker: Frank is very competitive.
- Berserk Button: Ian voting out Mike and Ashley put him up to number one on Frank's enemy list.
- Betty and Veronica: Frank is the Veronica to Ian's Betty for Ashley's Archie.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Ian. Although they have had their ups and downs, Frank was still somewhat protective of him and looked out for him.
- The Big Guy/The Brute: His nickname is "Frank The Tank". Plus, Frank is the biggest and tallest male houseguest of the season at 6'5", towering over all of the women and even the men.
- Blood Knight: Frank is always willing to jump into a competition and he loves to put up a good battle or fight. He never backs down.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Frank is very loud, brash, cocky and opinionated.
- Born Lucky: One of the reasons he escaped being evicted? Dumb luck - had it not been for Willie's expulsion, he would have been evicted in week three.
- The Bully: Frank displays bullying and intimidating behaviour, especially when he gets angry.
- Catch Phrase: "Preesh."
- Companion Cube: His life sized teddy bear which he won during his first competition, Ted.
- Competition Freak: Frank was by far the most competitive houseguest of the season. He won a total of 7 competitions; the most competition wins for any houseguest of S14. Also, Frank was often a Sore Loser if he didn't win a competition.
- Control Freak: Frank is very controlling and dominating. He always has to be in complete control.
- Creator's Pet: Zig-zagged; many people hate him hate him with a passion, but there are a lot of people who're surprised at how this guy is a freaking cockroach. When Frank won the veto on double eviction night (the first one), the first thing the live audience does is boo. However, this is finally subverted as he was finally voted out by Dan. Yet enough people seemed to like him enough to vote him as the America's Favourite Houseguest over Janelle, of all people (because the creators certainly wouldn't just hand their pet the America's Player prize).
- Deadpan Snarker: Frank is very witty when he wants to be.
- Deep South: Originally hails from Arkansas.
- The Determinator: Frank is the most determined player in the game and he NEVER gives up.
- The Dragon: To Boogie, the Big Bad during the start of the season.
- Dragon Ascendant: Wore Boogie's T-shirt and hat after he left and arguably succeeded Boogie.
- Dragon Their Feet: Boogie was evicted before Frank and Frank does end up wanting to avenge Boogie's eviction by taking it out on Ian, Dan and Danielle.
- Number Two for Brains: Frank was all brawn and no brains. Boogie was the brains behind the operation.
- Villainous Friendship: Frank was very close with Boogie and he considered Boogie his number one ally.
- Drunk with Power: Whenever Frank received some sort of power, he let it get to his head. Turns out this was his ultimate downfall in the end.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Frank constantly wanted others in the house to show him respect for constantly fighting from week to week to stay in the house. Unfortunately, Frank's social game was terrible and therefore, nobody in the house respected him, even though he did fight to stay in the game.
- Dumb Jock: Frank seems to be all brawn and little brains.
- Dumb Muscle: See Dumb Jock.
- Emotional Bruiser: Frank is actually emotional and sensitive.
- Entitled Bastard: Frank acted very entitled and would often blow up if things didn't go his way.
- Eviction Houdini: If there's anyone who can be called the Big Brother cockroach, it's him. Each time he's been nominated, he's either won the veto to take himself off the block, or worked up enough votes for the house to save him. It seems as though it might finally be the end of him, as Ian won HoH and will likely nominate him. Turns out, it does end up being the end for him. Ian did put him up, he lost the Veto, and Dan successfully tricked him into believing he was staying. Even after the producers told Jenn that Frank was going to be evicted. He was evicted that week in a vote of 3-1. You can tell he's surprised, as he grabs his stuff, hugs Jenn, and leaves.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Frank doesn't take it well at all when he is betrayed by both Dan and Ian in particular.
- Expressive Hair: Frank's hair is very noticeable.
- Expy: Could be compared to Brendon Villegas from Big Brother 12 and 13, considering how competitive he is and how he has won many competitions.
- The Everyman: Frank didn't have the most likeable personality, yet the audience also somewhat sympathized with him.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Dan.
- Friendly Enemy: With Ian and Dan.
- Genre Savvy: A lot of people thought he was going to be a ditz, yet the first episode he's in, demonstrates that he's a lot smarter than he looks.
- Glory Hound: Constantly sought affirmation from others.
- Glory Seeker: Frank always wanted to win to prove himself and receive praise from others.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Frank loses his temper or his cool rather easily and is easily angered.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Boogie.
- Hot-Blooded: Frank is quick-tempered, passionate, competitive and impulsive.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Frank is the Huge Guy to Britney's Tiny Girl.
- In-Series Nickname: "FRANK THE TANK".
- Jerkass —> Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Frank was a jerk but his heart was in the right place.
- Jerk Jock: BIG TIME.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Messy Hair: His hair stands out.
- Mr. Fanservice: Frank is physically appealing to the female viewers.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Frank sure used his athleticism to his advantage.
- Nice Hat: Frank is always seen wearing a cap.
- Rated M for Manly: Frank is the most masculine and testosterone filled male houseguest of the season.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Frank is the Red to Boogie, Dan and Ian's Blue.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Frank is the Manly Man to Dan and Ian's Sensitive Guy.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Sore Loser: Frank is highly competitive and does NOT take losing well at all.
- Spirited Competitor
- Spoiled Brat
- True Companions: With Boogie and Ashley and at one point, Ian.
- Was It All a Lie?: Frank questions whether Ian had ever really had his and Boogie's backs in the game. After the Silent Six was formed and Shane nominates both Frank and Boogie, Frank comes to realize that the alliance that he and Boogie made (with Shane, Britney, Dan and Danielle) was basically non-existent.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: His father is Sid freaking Vicious. According to him, he was went on the show, looking for approval from his dad, which he eventually got.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Frank mentions that one of his biggest fears are snakes.
- Wild Hair
- Worthy Opponent: Dan says he voted him out because there was no way to beat him.
Born: April 16, 1971 (age 41)
Hometown: Schererville, Indiana
Born: March 20, 1975 (age 37)
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- Awesome McCoolname: Jenn's name is interesting and unique.
- Badass: Jenn wasn't strong competitively, but she was feisty and tough.
- Badass Gay: Jenn is not the strongest competitor but she still managed to make it all the way to the Final 5.
- Big Applesauce: Jenn originally hails from New York.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jenn single-handedly saved the season by saving Dan with the POV.
- The Big Girl: Jenn is on the larger side.
- Brooklyn Rage: Understandable considering she is from New York.
- Chapstick Lesbian: Jenn is a lesbian but she has some feminine qualities despite being a rocker chick.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can be humorous, especially in her DR sessions.
- The Determinator: Even though things are looking rather good for her with her and Joe being lesser targets, she took a punishment and won a crucial veto.
- Distaff Counterpart: Some fans saw Jenn as the female version of Big Brother 13's Adam Poch.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Jenn often complained about how she was frequently underestimated in the game.
- Expressive Hair: Jenn's hair is noticeable.
- Expy: Could be compared to Jennifer "Nakomis" Dedmon from Big Brother 5 and 7.
- Gay Best Friend: To Danielle.
- Genre Blind: Apparently never thought to call Dan out on his lies as he got her evicted.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Jenn is a rocker and leather is a huge part of her attire.
- Hot-Blooded: Jenn is rather passionate and spunky.
- In-Series Nickname: JENN CITY.
- The Lad-ette: Jenn acts like one of the guys.
- Living Prop
- The Load: Jenn was not a good competitor.
- Multicolored Hair: Jenn's hair has streaks of pink in it.
- Non Action Girl: Only won one POV.
- One of the Boys
- Reality Is Unrealistic: There have been people saying that she's "Too white". While you can see a little brown on her face, hispanic is actually a culture, not so much a race, as a lot of hispanic people can be considered "white".
- Spicy Latina: Jenn is of Puerto Rican American descent.
- Tattooed Crook: Jenn has numerous tattoos all over her body.
- Twofer Token Minority: She's an Hispanic lesbian.
- The Voiceless: Mostly on the feeds, and she seems to randomly pop up for a DR session or two on the televised shows. Unless she's Genre Savvy enough to keep her mouth shut.
- And during the early game, she was - she still got more screentime than Adam.
- What, Exactly, Is Her Job? It's hard to tell how she manages to spend her time in the house, because she's rarely ever seen doing much on the feeds. That, and the house has a pretty strict ban on singing.
- Plus, justified - Music isn't allowed in the Big Brother House, so she can't sing any songs from Kittie without the feeds getting blocked.
- You Might Remember Me from...: She used to be the bassist of the all-female band Kittie.
Born: December 9, 1985 (age 26)
Hometown: Bennington, Vermont
Occupation: House Flipper
- The Ace: After a month in the house, he's already won three veto competitions (in a row!) and two HoH reigns. Then, he proceeded to make himself the Veto King, winning the veto four times total.
- Action Guy: Has won the most competitions of the season along side Frank and Ian.
- Ambiguously Bi/Ambiguously Gay: He seems to follow a lot of male models on Twitter, with one of them even being a former gay porn actor.
- Probably part of his strategy. If he were to be too romantic with Danielle, it would be seen as a "showmance" and he might be targeted for eviction.note He seems to be settling down with her now, though.
- Badass: One of the most competitive players of the season along with Frank.
- Badass Bookworm: Shane is very intelligent and book smart. However, in the game, he lacks strategically.
- Battle Couple: With Danielle. As a duo, they won a total of 11 competitions.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shane is a nice, loyal guy but DO NOT betray or cross him.
- Big Good: Shane was perceived as the ultimate good, nice guy of the season, hence the nickname, Captain America.
- The Bore: Shane is nice, but is rather boring and lacks charisma.
- Captain America: This was Shane's nickname given to him by the other house guests. Most of it had to do with the fact that Shane was the heroic, noble nice guy who was incredibly athletic with good looks.
- The Casanova/The Charmer/Chick Magnet: Shane flirted with many women in the house, primarily Danielle, Kara and JoJo.
- Competition Freak: Shane is tied with Frank and Ian with the most competition wins of the season, which is 7.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Shane had conflicting feelings on whether to be loyal to his coach Britney or his best friend and "showmance", Danielle. He eventually ended up choosing Danielle over Britney though when Shane ended up voting out Britney when Britney and Danielle were both on the block facing eviction.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Determinator: Shane's determination and persistance is what brings out his competitive side.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Shane nominated both Frank and Boogie; Boogie was evicted under Shane's HOH reign.
- Also voted out his own coach Britney over Danielle.
- Ditzy Genius: Shane is very book smart (he's pre-med after all and graduated with a high GPA) but he has almost little to no logic or common sense.
- Everyone Can See It: Although Shane and Danielle often referred to themselves as just friends and not a showmance, almost every single houseguest in the house could see that they were more than friends.
- Expy: A lot of fans often compared Shane to Big Brother 11's and 13's Jeff Schroeder. Even Dan openly compared Shane to Jeff, referring to Shane as "Jeff Schroeder 2.0". Shane has personally compared himself to Big Brother 12's and 13's Brendon Villegas.
- The Fettered: Shane has strong moral and values in the game.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Frank throughout the game.
- Friendly Enemy: With Frank.
- Gender-Blender Name: His name Shane can be used for both males and females as it is a unisex name.
- Genius Ditz: While Shane is very good at competitions and a solid competitor, he has almost little to no game logic. He is way too trusting, naive and gullible.
- Genius Bruiser: Shane is both book smart and highly athletic.
- Genre Blind: Seriously, you expected to go on the block and thought Dan would take out Ian?!
- Good Is Boring: Shane is a Nice Guy but he is rather dull and boring in personality.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Shane comes off as dumb but he's not stupid at all.
- Heroic BSOD: Shane has a huge one when he is absolutely blindsided by Dan voting him out at final four.
- Hollywood New England: Shane is originally from Vermont.
- Honor Before Reason: Shane is very upstanding, honest and trustworthy. He believes in keeping his word as much as possible, which is what managed to get him evicted in the end.
- Humble Hero: Shane is very attractive and has many good qualities, but he is not at all cocky and arrogant like Frank is.
- Hunk: Shane is one of the most physically appealing male houseguests this season.
- I Gave My Word: Shane is all about honouring his word.
- Idiot Ball: Shane was completely okay with Danielle using the Final 4 POV on Dan and putting Shane up on the block, knowing that there is a high possibility that Dan will end up voting him out and blindsiding him. Seriously Shane? Dumbest move since Marcellus not using the POV to save himself from the block.
- Idiot Hero: See Idiot Ball.
- In-Series Nickname: Captain America. Also, Mr. Vermont, Mr Vermont 2010, Mr. Cosmopolitan, and Mr. Cosmo because he was the 2010 Cosmo Bachelor for Vermont.
- Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards: Clearly of the linear warrior type - early on, seems like this guy was able to power his way into the finals. Later on? He finishes in dead last in two competitions in a row while Ian leaves him in the dirt...until the final five.
- Lovable Jock: Shane is very athletic, but he's generally a nice, humble guy.
- Magnetic Hero: Everybody in the house loved Shane. Nobody had a bad word to say about him.
- Mr. Fanservice: Shane is the most attractive male houseguest of the season.
- My Greatest Failure: Trusting Dan too much and staying loyal was definitely Shane's biggest downfall.
- Nice Guy: Oh so much. Almost to a fault.
- Perma Stubble: Aways has a 5 o'clock shadow.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Shane is strongly religious.
- Real Men Wear Pink: But the Brigade doesn't think so!
- The Reliable One: Of the Quack Pack.
- Religious Bruiser: He's Catholic.
- The Rival: To Dan later on in the game. Most of this had to do with Dan and Shane subtly fighting over Danielle's loyalty. Also, Shane took a long time to forgive Dan for evicting him.
- The Smart Guy: Shane is Pre-Med and graduated with a 3.8 GPA.
- Spiky Hair: His signature hair style.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Trapped By Debt: His motivation for playing the game. He finished pretty far.
- Undying Loyalty: To the Quack Pack. Unfortunately, his undying loyalty to his alliance ended up hurting him in the end.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Shane is shirtless at least 90% of the time.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Danielle throughout the season.
- Worthy Opponent: Dan saw Shane as this, which was his primary reason for evicting him and blindsiding him.
Born: April 23, 1989 (age 23)
Hometown: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Abhorrent Admirer: Deep down, Shane thought of Danielle as this.
- Action Fashionista: Daniele loves fashion, clothing, and makeup.
- Action Girl: Danielle was the only girl to win HOH and POV of the season. She won 2 HOH's and 2 POV's.
- All Love Is Unrequited: In regards to Shane. Although Danielle was obviously crazy about Shane, it didn't seem as though Shane felt the same way about Danielle romantically.
- Always Second Best/Always Someone Better: Danielle felt this way about Kara in regards to Dan. She felt that Dan favoured Kara over her.
- Arch-Enemy: Janelle. Danielle had an irrational hatred for her.
- Axe Crazy: Danielle was often perceived or thought of this way by many fans, hence the fan nickname "Cray Cray".
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Her odd, tumultuous, and chaotic relationship with Dan. Every time Dan ended up hurting her, blindsiding her, or betraying her, Danielle would almost end up immediately forgiving Dan afterwards. Although they had many ups and downs in the game, there is no doubt that there was some sort of bond, trust and loyalty between the two, no matter how unhealthy their relationship was.
- Badass: Downplayed. Sometimes Danielle needed her showmantic partner (Shane) to keep her safe or her coach (Dan) to constantly manipulate and scheme for her, Danielle was still rather competitive and she was good at scheming, lying and manipulating when the time called for her to do so.
- Badass Adorable: Danielle is a bit on the quirky side and she can be endearing at times.
- Badass Damsel: For both Shane and Dan. Although Danielle was capable of standing up for herself, sometimes she depended on the two of them.
- Battle Couple: With Shane. Together, the two were tough competitors and were the dynamic duo/show mance of the season. Together, they won a total of 11 competitions, with Shane winning 3 HoH's/4 PoV's and Danielle winning 2 HoH's/2 PoV's.
- Believing Their Own Lies: There is a reason why many fans called Danielle delusional.
- Betty and Veronica: Danielle was the Betty to Jo Jo's Veronica for Shane's Archie. She was also the Archie for Shane's Betty and Dan's Veronica (except non-romantically on Dan's side).
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Danielle appears to be a sweet, nice Southern girl but she has a very bitchy, catty side to her.
- Brainless Beauty: Danielle may not be "dumb" per se, but she sometimes made some silly decisions during the game, especially giving up the Veto to Dan at F4, resulting in Shane getting evicted by Dan. Also, it seemed that Danielle's gameplay was more about getting into a showmance, then actually playing the game.
- Break the Cutie: For a coach, Dan is definitely not very nice to her...
- Broken Bird: Dan consistently threw Danielle under the bus by blindsiding her and playing with her emotions.
- Catch Phrase: "Y'all".
- The Chick: Of The Quack Pack.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Seems to have developed a crush on both Shane and Dan and is very clingy and possessive of both.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Danielle came off as ditzy and idealistic with her head in the clouds. Sometimes audience members would think she is sometimes delusional or overly naive.
- Consummate Liar: Danielle lied about many things in the house about her personal life that it was hard to tell whether or not everything she was saying was the truth. This not only occurred inside the house, but her lying also extended outside of the house.
- Corrupt the Cutie: What Dan tried to do to Danielle was to get her to lie, manipulate and backstab others, including her own allies in order to secure he and Danielle farther in the game. It worked, considering it got Danielle to the Final 3 and Dan to the Final 2.
- Cute and Psycho: To many Big Brother fans, Danielle comes off as crazy. Her nickname amongst the fan base is "Cray Cray".
- Cute, but Cacophonic: There are quite a few viewers who found her voice really high pitched and annoying, especially during her DR sessions.
- Deadpan Snarker: Danielle has her moments of wit and humour.
- The Determinator: Danielle is a fighter and is not the type to quit or give up.
- Dixie Accent: Danielle has a strong Southern accent since she hails from Alabama.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Notices the coaches are considering forming a coach's alliance...decides to go in the plan to backdoor Janelle.
- The Ditz: Danielle sometimes came off as rather ditzy and flighty with her head in the clouds. However, this could have been her strategy in the house to not appear as smart as she really is. While she is a nurse, she's likely just not very street smart.
- Ditzy Genius: Danielle is generally smart but she lacks common sense and logic and is way too gullible and naive.
- The Dragon: To Dan. But more like a puppet. She did everything he said. Unlike with Boogie and Frank, who both loved each other, Dan used Danielle like a used tissue.
- Co-Dragons: With Ian for Dan, the Big Bad. They were both aligned with him and were working with him. Both Danielle and Ian also had Final 2 deals with Dan and Dan had said he would take either of them to the Final 2.
- Devour the Dragon: Dan admittedly threw the Final HOH competition to Ian so that Ian would take Dan to the Final 2 and evict Danielle.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Danielle has thought about going against Dan a few times in the game.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Dan was way more ruthless than Danielle ever was in the game.
- Enforced Method Acting: Dan never told Danielle that he was going to throw her under the bus, so her reactions when Dan goes after her are genuine.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Dan consistently betrayed Danielle and her trust yet Danielle kept on forgiving him and trusting him, when she really shouldn't have.
- Everyone Can See It: Her relationship with Shane. Nearly everyone in the house could see that Danielle and Shane were more than just friends and saw the possibility of a showmance happening between them.
- Expy: Preseason, Danielle was compared to Jordan Lloyd of Big Brother 11 and 13.
- Genre Blind: Great job sending your showmance out the door and letting Dan get a free ride to the end.
- Girly Bruiser: Danielle is very girly but also very competitive.
- Girly Girl: One of the most girly female houseguests in the house along with Britney.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Danielle has a strong jealous streak.
- Hello, Nurse!: A literal example.
- Heroic BSOD: An epic example on Day 69 when Shane was evicted. Her status as The Woobie has truly been set in stone now.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Britney. They became very close in the house and even formed an alliance.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Danielle was way too trusting of Dan, even when he blindsided her and betrayed her numerous times.
- Hospital Hottie: Well, she is a nurse. See Hello, Nurse!.
- Irrational Hatred: Towards Janelle. For some reason, Danielle really despised her.
- It's All About Me: Danielle is very self-centered and self-absorbed. When did Danielle never not make everything about her?
- Love Makes You Dumb: Danielle's crush or showmance with Shane basically cost her 500K.
- Meganekko: Danielle wore glasses from time to time.
- Ms. Fanservice: Danielle is physically appealing. She also does some modelling.
- Na´ve Everygirl: Danielle was known to be extremely naive. She bought everything that Dan said to her and could never tell when Dan was telling her things she wanted to hear. Because of Danielle's naivety, she would often end up shocked or hurt by Dan's blindsides and actions towards her.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Comes off as a ditzy Southern girl but she is a lot smarter than she looks.
- Odd Couple: Some viewers thought that Danielle's relationship or showmance with Shane was really weird or awkward.
- Odd Friendship: With Dan. Although it seemed as though Dan and Danielle were close, it seemed to be purely for game purposes on Dan's side. Danielle, however, was a huge fangirl of Dan since S10 and was extremely hurt when Dan betrayed her TWICE. Yet, even when Dan betrayed her, she still forgive him and continued to be in an alliance with him and trust him.
- Playing the Victim Card: Danielle would often play the role of victim as a strategy to farther herself in the game.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Britney.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: In regards to Shane.
- Southern Belle: Danielle is from Alabama and she was often referred to this on the show by all of the house guests. In fact, it was her nickname while in the house.
- Stalker with a Crush: Let's just say that she's way more into Shane than he is into her.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Danielle was cast as the Big Brother 14's Jordan Lloyd very early in the game.
- Sweet Home Alabama: Originally hails from Alabama.
- Took a Level in Badass: On two accounts. First, that she won Head of Household when she actually didn't really need itnote . Second, when she nominated and evicted Janelle, after getting the veto.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After Ian tells her that he's taking Dan, she proceeds to treat him with disdain AND threatens to rig the jury to vote for Dan instead. Doesn't really work as neither she or Dan were well-liked by the jury.
- The Smurfette Principle: Danielle was the last girl standing in the final four with Dan, Ian, and Shane.
- She was also the only female to win the HoH title of the season. She won it twice.
- Too Dumb to Live: Not evicting Dan has to be one of the stupidest moves ever done in the game. Apparently she never considered that he might want to win, too.
- The Woobie: Her backstory heavily implies her father was abusive and a raging alcoholic. And then Dan makes her cry for no reason, other than Enforced Method Acting. He continues to shatter her even more by putting her on the block and asking her to get rid of her showmance, which she said "no" to. Dan even told her that he would have taken Ian. Let's just say if there's anyone who gets any sympathy votes, it's her.
- Yandere: While not psychotic, she definitely seemed to be obsessed with Shane.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: One of Danielle's fears are snakes.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Shane throughout the season.
Born: March 19, 1991 (age 21)
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
Occupation: Engineering Student
- Abhorrent Admirer: Ashley kind of sees him as being this. Ashley had more romantic interest in Frank and found Shane physically attractive.
- The Ace: Won two vetos and won FOUR eligible HoHs in a row which also ties the show's record of HoHs to a single person in a season.
- Adorkable: When he got his second HoH, he did a little dance in his bed. Plus, he happily discusses anything Science related with his housemates with eager enthusiasm.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Ian was picked on and shunned by many of the house guests earlier in the game because many of them though Ian was very strange and exhibited odd behaviour.
- Always Save the Girl: In regards to both Ashley and Britney. Eventually averted with both as Ian nominated Ashley and Britney was nominated by Frank and both were evicted.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Lots of people suspect that he may have Asperger's Syndrome, due to his awkwardness around fellow housemates and his unusual behavior (like, walking around the house in his underwear late at night, looking at his reflection in the fridge door and slapping his butt).
- Less ambiguous as of the Sept. 5 episode. Ian has told Dan that he apparently has an ADHD/OCD combo that basically makes him uncomfortable if he stays still for too long. So he's always moving around in some way. He even admits that he "stims", something usually seen with autistic people.
- And I Must Scream: A Pandora's Box has of all people Rachel giving him advice on how to play the game...and laughing for thirty seconds straight. And he can't leave the room! Poor boy. Subverted in that he managed to escape, and that he thankfully wasn't trapped in the house with her.
- Annoying Younger Houseguest: Especially in the beginning. Ian is the youngest houseguest of the season and the majority of the other house guests seemed to find Ian annoying in the beginning of the game.
- Ascended Fanboy: Has been watching the show since he was 10. He prides himself as being a human Big Brother encyclopedia.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Ian can never keep still and he is always moving. This is because Ian suffers from a combination of ADHD/OCD.
- Badass: Competitively, Ian has won just as many competitions as the physical threats Frank and Shane despite not being athletic.
- Badass Adorable: Despite being a nerd and a small guy, he is actually quite the competitor. He had a total of seven competition wins, tying the physical and dominant threats, Shane and Frank.
- Badass Bookworm: Ian is very intelligent and book smart. He's an engineering student.
- Badass Bystander: Frank blindsided Britney, Ian's closest ally in the game. As a result, Ian Took a Level in Badass.
- Badass Unintentional: Ian Took a Level in Badass as soon as he turned on Boogie and Frank.
- Hidden Badass: Who would have honestly suspected that the socially awkward loner would outlast and outsmart everyone in the end, including one of the best players in Big Brother history (Dan)?
- Took a Level in Badass: Especially after Britney was blindsided and evicted at Frank's hands. At that point, it was game on for Ian and game over for Frank.
- Bash Brothers: With Dan, Boogie and Frank.
- Better as Friends: His relationship with Ashley.
- Betty and Veronica: Ian is the Betty to Frank's Veronica for Ashley's Archie.
- Beware the Nice Ones/Beware the Quiet Ones: Ian is generally a calm Nice Guy but do not mess with him. He has a bit of a temper when provoked.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ian is the one who is responsible both indirectly and directly for Boogie and Frank being evicted from the game.
- The Big Easy: Ian is from New Orleons, Louisiana.
- Bowties Are Cool: Is sometimes seen wearing them from time to time. Seems to be a part of Ian's wardrobe and adds to his adorkable qualities.
- Breakout Character: Ian became a fan favourite and many people were rooting for him to win. Dr. Will and Jeff were both rooting for Ian and wanted him to win.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Ian is really strange, offbeat and quirky, but he is very smart and brilliant and NOT to be underestimated.
- Butt Monkey/The Chew Toy: Ian was the easy target to pick on or make fun of in the house, mostly because of his social awkwardness.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Ian admits that he's awkward around the ladies.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Ian gets drunks really easily. A couple of beers and he gets pretty rowdy, mouthy and obnoxious.
- Character Development: Goes from being a self-conscious, socially awkward, friendless loner who all of the houseguests dislike to a more confident, sociable, and well-liked houseguest in the game. Ian definitely had one of the best journey's and growth in the game.
- The Chessmaster: Not to the same extent as Dan though.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ian comes off as really weird, quirky and eccentric to his fellow housemates.
- Cool Loser: Ian is initially a socially awkward loner, but he eventually becomes well liked by his fellow house guests and becomes more sociable as the game progresses. Not to mention, he manages to win the season.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: And how!
- Special mention to his closing speech to the jury on finale night. Danielle reveals in her jury question that Dan would've taken her had Ian not won the final Head of Household competition. Instead of flustering Ian as most people expected, Ian ran with that information and SLAMMED Dan hard in his closing speech, mentioning that Dan gave him his grandfather's cross for collateral! This could have been a key factor for the unsure votes.
- Cute Bookworm/Bookworm: Ian is an intelligent guy and very book smart.
- Cute Bruiser: Ian may be a small guy but he is NOT to be underestimated.
- Cute Clumsy Guy/Dojikko: Add's to Ian's adorableness.
- The Cutie: Ian is so loveable and adorable that you can't help but root for him when you look at him.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: If this guy gets to the end, he can win. Even Dr. Will and Jeff have said that he's likely to win...within the first month.
- And they were right! How remarkably prescient of them.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ian is capable of incredibly wit, humour and sarcasm.
- The Determinator: Ian is one of the most determined house guests of the season. He NEVER gives up.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Ian is the one responsible for both Boogie and Frank's evictions.
- Also, beating Dan in a 6-1 in the final two.
- Ditzy Genius: Ian is very smart and brilliant but there were plenty of times when he was unaware of what was actually going on in the house.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Ashley. Ian liked Ashley but Ashley wasn't romantically interested in him.
- Dork Knight
- The Dragon: For Dan.
- Elimination Houdini: Even if he never realized it. The other members of the Quack Pack were targeting him since the first Double Eviction and planned on taking him out after Frank. He went on a massive comp run, winning three HoHs and two vetos. By doing so, Ian effectively took out the "goats" i.e. the players who would be easy to beat in the F2. This stopped Dan from having an ideal F2 partner and led Dan to having to evict Shane, someone he didn't think he could beat in the final HoHs, at F4 and save Ian. Ian would win the last HoH, evict Danielle, and beat Dan in the F2.
- Friendless Background
- Geek/Nerd: Ian is definitely the token geek or nerd of the season.
- Geek Physique: Ian is of the skinny variation.
- Geeky Turn-On: Ashley found Ian very adorable and endearing.
- Genki Boy: Especially when Ian gets excited or nervous.
- Genre Blind: Ironically he never seemed to consider that Dan might actually win, or that Jenn could be an easier to person to beat. And yet, he somehow managed to pull off a 6-1 end, even denying Dan ideal goats in the process - so maybe he was just covering his mistakes.
- Genre Savvy: Incredibly so. His strategy? To take every single punishment that comes along so people think they can beat him easily.
- Best of all, he won a free Veto during Pandora's Box giving him a free pass to next week whether he's targeted for eviction or not.
- Give Geeks a Chance: In regards to his showmance with Ashley.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Some fans think that Ian is way more attractive without his glasses.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Good Is Not Soft
- Goofy Print Underwear: Pink boxers with white polka dots. Only shown once.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ian has a bit of a jealous streak, especially in regards to Ashley's relationship with Frank.
- Guile Hero
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Ian doesn't think too much of himself. He's rather humble.
- Hollywood Nerd: Ian is very cute, especially without his glasses. His glasses make him look more like a nerd.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Ashley, who is obviously more interested in Frank.
- Humble Hero
- Internalized Categorism: Ian sometimes exhibited the habit of putting himself down because he felt that he didn't belong or fit in with the other house guests. Dan even consistently told Ian to not put himself down and to be confident and think as positively as he can about himself. This is eventually averted as Ian builds confidence within himself as the game progresses.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: In regards to Ashley. When Ian was HOH, he nominated Ashley alongside Frank, his former team mate. Ashley ended up being evicted under Ian's HOH reign and Ian felt extremely guilty and bad for it afterwards.
- If I Can't Have You: Evicted Ashley during his quick turn as HoH, after she had more or less established that she isn't romantically interested in him like she is Frank. Granted; the reasons were more because Ashley was Frank's ally, but the editing certainly makes it come off as this!
- Kid-Appeal Character: Ian could classify as a Type 4.
- Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards: Early-game, he couldn't seem to do anything, only winning his first Head of Household by default (He was trying to throw it)...yet later on, he wins two head of household competitions and a veto, managing to pull himself off the block. Heck, he won four head of household challenges total, including the final.
- Lovable Nerd
- The Mole: For Dan's alliance (The Quack Pack).
- Mr. Fanservice: Many female Big Brother fans find Ian very adorable.
- Muscles Are Meaningless
- Nerd Glasses
- Nerds Are Virgins: Implied.
- Nice Guy
- No Damage Run: Was nominated once, like Dan, but never received an eviction vote.
- No Social Skills: Ian didn't really fit in earlier in the season and he was seen to be incredibly socially awkward. This often annoyed the other house guests. However, Ian became more more sociable as the season progressed.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Shocking considering his background and education. But since he spent the early part of the season doing wacky stuff and not discussing the game with anyone besides Frank and Boogie, a large chunk of the cast underestimated him completely. The reason he made such an effective mole was because Boogie and Frank couldn't imagine him making deals without them.
- One of Us: He collects Pokemon cards and plays Dungeons and Dragons.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Puppy-Dog Eyes
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ian is the Blue to Frank's Red.
- Required Secondary Skills: During the Pandora's Box where everyone tried to get a veto out of the crane game? He intentionally lets people move the ball close, tricks them into thinking he moved it, and then sneaking back in while everyone was looking for more quarters.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one after Britney is evicted. Takes out three of the four people involved in Britney's blindside before curb stomping Dan in the F2.
- Science Hero: Ian is a chemical engineering student.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Ian is the Sensitive Guy to Frank's Manly Man.
- Shout-Out: His alliance is called the Quack Pack.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Gives a couple to Dan during the F2 questioning.
- The Smart Guy
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Tagalong Kid: Ian is the youngest houseguest of the season.
- The Dog Bites Back: Suggested the alliance put up Boogie and Frank.
- True Companions: With his fellow Quack Pack members Dan, Britney, Shane and Danielle.
- The Unfavorite: In the beginning amongst the houseguests. Everyone seemed to dislike him and they all found him strange.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?
- The Woobie
- Worthy Opponent: Boogie sees him as this, even smiling when Ian told him it was him who got him out.
Note: They were originally playing for a separate prize, as 'coaches' for their individual teams, but entered the game as players on Day 27.
Born: January 10, 1980 (age 32)
Hometown: Lakeville, Minnesota
Mike "Boogie" Malin
Mike "Boogie" Malin
Born: July 16, 1970 (age 41)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Occupation: Restaurant Owner
- Affably Evil: Can be polite when he wants to be but will gladly stab you in the back with a smile on his face.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: YMMV on the "Kung Fu Guy" part. Part of the reason he's such a Base Breaker is that even when he's not trying to be funny, he goes around talking about how awesome he is and asks why the hell he's not the one being targeted for eviction.
- Asshole Victim: Boogie is his own worst enemy.
- Base Breaker: Don't mention him on a discussion unless you want people who say he really is a good player, people who voice their opinions that he just rode on Dr. Will's coattails and is really a Creator's Pet followed by about twenty pages of flame wars.
- Bash Brothers: With Frank.
- Big Bad: He seems to be turning into this, although after he is evicted, Dan takes over the role.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Boogie is seen as a villain.
- Born Lucky: Third time he plays? He gets a free pass to the fourth week. For that matter, consider that he even got to come back once, given that he didn't even make it to the half way point of Big Brother 2, he's certainly Born Lucky.
- The Chessmaster: Mike is very cunning and manipulative when he wants to be. He could give Dan a run for his money.
- The Comically Serious: Mike makes witty comments but he comes off as serious at the same time.
- Companion Cube: Ted. Who even came out of the house with his friend, Frank.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mike is very witty and sarcastic.
- Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead: Did this when Janelle was evicted.
- Disc One Final Boss: Mike was evicted and came in 6th place.
- Genre Blind: Just goes for $10,000 on a challenge instead of the head of household or safety.
- Happily Married
- Hypocrite: When Danielle does not put him up? He goes around and asks why the heck she's not trying to get rid of him. Then when Shane puts him up? He just falls apart.
- Jerkass: BIG TIME.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He gives a very very insulting speech to Janelle as she leaves. When he is evicted, Britney does the same.
- The Mentor: To Ian, Frank and Jenn during the 14th season.
- Manipulative Bastard: Boogie is very manipulative and cunning.
- My Greatest Third Chance: Averted; but there was no way he could do any better than his second chance short of a unanimous win anyways.
- Non-Action Guy: Mike didn't win that many competitions this season in comparison to his other two seasons and he relied more on strategy.
- Older and Wiser: This was his third time on the show, after winning All Stars.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His name is Mike, but everybody in the house either calls him Boogie or "Mike Boogie."
- Smug Smiler: It seems to be his signature expression.
- Smug Snake: Boogie is one of the most arrogant players by far.
- Smug Super
- The Strategist: Mike is one of the most strategic players in the game.
- Take That: Delivers a rude one to Janelle.
- Worthy Opponent: When Ian is the person who outs his intentions to the house, he smiles and says that he really did learn from the best.
Born: August 23, 1987 (age 24)
Hometown: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Occupation: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Action Fashionista: Britney loves clothing and makeup and is a very strong competitor.
- Action Girl: During Britney's season, she won 3 POV's and 1 HOH. During this season, Britney's action throughout the game was being a coach.
- Badass: Britney is a strong competitor.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wore tops that revealed her midriff.
- Bash Sisters: First with Janelle. However, this is subverted after Britney decides to turn on Janelle due to a lack of trust. Britney later on becomes this with Danielle.
- Big Sister Instinct: Towards Ian. She was really protective of him. Also towards Danielle.
- Birds of a Feather: With Janelle. Both are married, both are blonde and both have been the casualties of a male alliance (Chilltown in Janelle's case and The Brigade in Britney's case).
- Born Lucky: Returns for her second time? Gets a free ride to week four.
- Brutal Honesty: Britney is very honest about her feelings and says exactly what she thinks and feels.
- Cry Cute: Britney is adorable when she cries.
- Cute Bruiser: Britney is petite but she is very strong competitively.
- The Cutie: Britney is very loveable and endearing.
- Break the Cutie: Britney lost it when she was completely blindsided by both Frank and Dan.
- Kill the Cutie: Britney was blindsided by Dan and evicted after Frank backdoored her and put her on the block.
- Deadpan Snarker: She always has a sarcastic, witty line, joke or comeback. Britney is actually the source of sarcasm, snark and wit.
- The Determinator: Britney is not the type to give up and she has a rather competitive nature.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Britney didn't take it too well when she found out that Dan threw her under the bus and betrayed her.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Britney is considered to be attractive by most of the male house guests and audience.
- Girly Bruiser: Very girly and feminine but also a fighter competitively.
- Girly Girl: Britney is one of the girliest houseguests.
- Girl Next Door: Britney is a Southern Belle from Arkansas.
- Gossipy Hen: Britney loves to gossip, especially about other houseguests or what is going on in the house. It's part of her signature.
- Happily Married: To Ryan, her beloved husband.
- Hello, Nurse!: Britney is one of the most physically attractive female houseguests in Big Brother history.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Danielle. Britney became very close with Danielle and considered her to be her best friend in the house. They formed an two-person alliance called Alpha Omega Bye.
- Fag Hag: To Wil.
- Fun Size: Is the smallest and most petite female houseguest in both this season and on Big Brother 12.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Britney can be catty and bitchy but she is also super likeable and endearing.
- Mama Bear: Britney was really protective of Ian.
- The Mentor: To Shane, JoJo and Willie during the 14th season.
- Ms. Fanservice: Britney is considered to be one of the most physically attractive Big Brother female contestants.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Averted; she finished eighth.
- Nice Girl: Britney does have her catty moments, but she is generally nice and has a good heart.
- Noodle Incident: Is incredibly touchy towards talking about her relationship with Lane from Season 12.
- Older and Wiser: Swears to be this after her initial season on the show, in which she was blind-sighted by an alliance of boys. Dan proceeds to Break the Cutie even more when he blindsides her.
- Only Sane Woman: Of the Quack Pack.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Dan.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Britney's DR sessions never cease to be full of tons of humour and wit.
- She's Got Legs
- The Snark Knight: Britney is Queen of Snark. There is never a moment that goes by when she doesn't make a sarcastic comment about someone or something. Britney is also known to be a huge gossip and talks a lot of smack about most of her fellow houseguests.
- Southern Belle: Britney originally hails from Arkansas.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Can be really sweet and can be really bitter, depending on who she is interacting with.
- Take That: Gives a fitting one to Boogie, after he had done so to Janelle.
- Token Coach In The Jury: Britney was the only coach who went to jury and voted for someone to win. Two coaches didn't make jury (Janelle and Mike) and another coach made it the Final 2 (Dan).
- Tsundere: Type A, especially towards Ian, Dan, Shane and Danielle.
- Waif-Fu: The smallest female, but one of the strongest female competitors.
Born: September 1, 1983 (age 28)
Hometown: West Bloomfield, Michigan
Occupation: Catholic High School Teacher
- The Ace: Has gotten to the final two twice without a single vote cast against him. He is the only player in Big Brother history to get to the final two twice. Dan is also the only player in Big Brother history to win Big Brother with a unanimous 7-0 vote.
- Adorkable: There is something so endearing about Dan, especially during Big Brother 10.
- Arch-Enemy: Frank. The two were enemies in the game and continuously tried to get each other out of the house.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: During his final two questioning in season fourteen, Dan came off as too arrogant and disrespectful to the jury. It didn't help that Dan backstabbed almost every single member on the jury.
- Badass: He's Dan Gheesling.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Subverted - he accidentally came off as too arrogant to the jury.
- Bash Brothers: With his fellow Renegade member, Memphis during season ten.
- Batman Gambit
- Big Bad: Dan turned out to be the real villain of the season.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards both Ian and Danielle.
- Big Brother Mentor: Primarily to Danielle during the fourteenth season.
- To Ian in season fourteen.
- Break the Cutie: Does this to Britney and also does it to Danielle, when he really wanted to get the target off her back.
- Born Lucky: Returns for his second time? Gets a free ride to week four. Then he gets people who are too Genre Blind to get rid of him.
- The Charmer: Dan is very charming and charismatic. He has the gift of persuasion in which many people refer to as "The Mist".
- The Chessmaster: Dear God. The sheer number of times he has managed to trick someone into being backdoored is mind-boggling, to say the least.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Dan has no problem with betraying or stabbing people in the back in order to get farther in the game. Even his own allies.
- Consummate Liar: If Dan is opening his mouth, he is most likely lying.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Dan is the most brilliant and aware player in the game by far. He knows everything that is going on.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dan is very sarcastic and witty.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Haven't any of these guys even seen his season?!
- Digging Yourself Deeper: After Ian managed to slam him in the final two speech. you can spot when he realizes Oh Crap and starts trying to get votes by brown nosing.
- Enemy Mine: Teams up with Frank in order to take out Ian and Britney.
- Expy: Dan is often compared to Dr. Will Kirby from Big Brother 2 and 7 or Boston Rob Mariano from Survivor.
- The Face: Of the Quack Pack.
- Faux Affably Evil: A lot of what Dan does is for pure strategy and to get him farther in the game. He often acts like he cares about his houseguests, which might be true, but on the Confession Cam he always talks about his game primarily.
- Feed the Mole: Dan was basically covering for Ian, who was The Mole for The Quack Pack. As a result, Dan was taking all of the heat for Ian while he (Ian) was receiving info from the other side of the house (i.e. Boogie, Jenn and Frank) for the Quack Pack's benefit.
- Gambit Roulette
- Good All Along: All his actions were for Danielle's safety in the game, and he admitted it was Enforced Method Acting. She's even the one person who Dan never seemed to go after or even consider throwing under the bus until the end.
- Graceful Loser: To Ian. Even though he didn't end up winning and came in second place, Dan still believed that Ian deserved to win despite him losing.
- Happily Married: To Chelsea, his beautiful wife.
- Heel-Face Revolving Door: He just can't seem to choose a side. This really hurt him at the end.
- Idiot Ball: For once, he actually caught it after tossing it to everyone else in the summer. A rather funny case where he held it and the Smart Ball at the same time - he basically makes plans to be in the final two with Ian, when he could have beaten Danielle who had made less moves by herself, has Joe evicted when he finally wins Head of Household, and even lets Jenn be evicted. Suffice to say, he bombed at the jury.
- It was pointed out that he actually played very similar to Russell Hantz - a brilliant player, yet made some surprisingly bone-headed mistakes.
- Jerkass: Oh so much.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Despite being completely uncaring and ruthless in the game, most of his actions, decisions and points were strategically excellent and on point.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He does seem to care for Ian like a little brother and didn't seem to mind losing to him.
- Large Ham: Dan has some very over the top mannerisms, especially when he is making a speech or whenever he is in the DR.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Oops.
- The Leader: Of the Quack Pack alliance.
- Love to Hate: Some people just love to hate him.
- Manipulative Bastard —> Magnificent Bastard: Managed to manipulate Ian over to his side, and manages makes Danielle his loyal sidekick.
- He later forges an alliance with Frank and Jenn to keep himself and Danielle safe, and possibly send Britney home. Dan went so far as to claim that Danielle betrayed him, and using the emotional turmoil to keep her safe. Time will tell if this works, but the sheer audacity might put Dan into The Chessmaster or Magnificent Bastard territory.
- The Man Behind the Man: Dan was definitely the puppetmaster and he was the one controlling everything in the house.
- The Mentor: To Danielle, Kara and Jodi in the fourteenth season.
- Mr. Fanservice: Dan is very popular with the female viewers.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Dan is not athletically built, yet he still out lasted all of the physical threats such as Wil, Shane and Frank.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Dan planned his own "funeral", which ended up altering and changing the game completely. Dan's Funeral was definitely the major turning point in the game.
- My Greatest Second Chance: By default subverted; but he messed up on the Jury and only got one vote from a reluctant Danielle, losing to Ian by a 6-1 vote.
- No Damage Run: Never faced eviction except in the final three, no votes cast against him. He's very good at getting far in the game. However, he only received one vote to win - from Danielle, who seemed to be a tad reluctant.
- The Obi-Wan: For Danielle. He was both her coach and her mentor throughout the game.
- Oh Crap: You can spot this when Frank wins Head of Household. First half of the season? He's really nice, just with No Indoor Voice in the Diary room. Then when Frank opens Pandora's Box, he suddenly starts diving after people and pushing them out of the way.
- You can also spot the moment where he realized he didn't have it won clearly and that he might actually lose - unfortunately he winds up digging himsmelf deeper.
- Odd Friendship: With Danielle. It was really uncertain if Dan's alliance or friendship with Danielle was genuine or for game purposes. Dan would betray Danielle and blindside her yet, Danielle would immediately forgive him and go back to being in an alliance with him as if nothing had happened. Talk about odd.
- Older and Wiser: He won Big Brother during the tenth season. Subverted in that he accidentally burns too many bridges for him to win in the fourteenth season.
- No Indoor Voice: He's rather loud in the diary room.
- Raised Catholic: Dan is a die-hard Catholic who grew up in a religious Catholic upbringing.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Dan is strongly Catholic and is devoted to his faith.
- Religious Bruiser: But he's not afraid to lie to peoples' faces and swear on the bible, only to turn around and get them out.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: With the exception of Ashley and Danielle, every member in the jury had either been betrayed by him or directly nominated and evicted by him. (And in fact, Danielle is the only person who he did not have a hand in evicting) Given that he did play a good game, he Took a Level in Jerkass, and apparently forgot that the reason he won by a unanimous vote was because he wasn't a jackass and immediately did damage-control with the jury. The second time? He pretty much betrays everyone on the jury (Except Joe, Ashley, and Danielle, the latter of which was undoubtedly questionable), even swears on the bible and offering valuable objects as collateral for deals...let's just say this came back to bite him hard, as he loses by six votes.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Dan is the Sensitive Guy to Frank's Manly Man.
- The Smart Guy
- The Snark King: Dan has a very sarcastic and snarky sense of humour.
- The Social Expert
- The Strategist: There is never a time when Dan isn't strategizing.
- Take a Third Option
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Throwing the Fight: Dan throws competitions as part of his strategy to appear as less of a threat. While he's not the first houseguest to do so, he is the first person to convince both of the other competitors in a Final Three HOH competition to throw the match to him.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He yelled at Danielle and threw her under the bus, then made an alliance with Frank so Dan could prevent everyone from going after Danielle.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Dan's Funeral, anyone?
- Xanatos Gambit
- Xanatos Speed Chess
- Zero Approval Gambit: Because of how ruthless Dan played throughout the game with all the lying, manipulating, and backstabbing, the jury ended up very bitter towards him and nobody voted for him with the exception of Danielle. And even she was considering voting for Ian over him. Dan's game during this season was a strong contrast to the relatively noble and clean game he played during Big Brother 10 when he won the season by a unanimous 7-0 vote.