Big Brother 14 Houseguest Tropes
The Quack Pack
The Quack Pack (Dan, Britney, Shane, Danielle, Ian)
- Ascended Fanboy: Ian.
- Badass Crew: Members of the Quack Pack won TEN of the thirteen HOH competitions.
- Dark Horse Victory: Ian ended up beating his fellow QP'er Dan in a near unanimous vote of 6-1.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: The majority of the Quack Pack made it to the Final 4.
- Five-Man Band:
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble:
- The Cynic: Dan
- The Realist: Britney
- The Optimist: Shane
- The Apathetic: Danielle
- The Conflicted: Ian
- Four-Temperament Ensemble:
- Melancholic: Dan
- Sanguine: Ian
- Choleric: Britney
- Phlegmatic: Danielle
- Leukine: Shane
- The Good Guys Always Win: Ian beat Dan, the Big Bad, in a 6-1 vote.
- Tagalong Kid: Ian is the youngest member of the Quack Pack.
- The Team: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Basically, this group's only real competition was each other. Dan masterminded Britney and Shane's evictions and tried for most of the season to get Ian evicted. Danielle was complicit in most of Dan's schemes. Ian evicted Danielle and beat Dan in the final vote.
- True Companions: They remained reasonably loyal to each other to the end.
The Silent Six
The Silent Six (Dan, Mike, Britney, Frank, Danielle, Shane)
- Ascended Fanboy: Frank was a big fan of Big Brother before coming onto the show.
IAN PATRICK TERRY
BORN: March 19, 1991
AGE: 21 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: New Orleans, Louisiana
OCCUPATION: Engineering Student
COMPETITIONS WON: 4 HOH's, 2 POV's
COACH: Mike "Boogie"
FINISHED: FIRST PLACE, WINNER (WON 6-1, WON $500,000)
- 100% Adoration Rating: It was very clear since the beginning that Ian was a fan favorite amongst the audience. He was beloved by the fans because he was an underdog for the entire season and many people underestimated him because he was the socially awkward nerd who did not fit in since the start. People also find Ian Adorkable and his nerdiness very endearing. He was a favorite to win the entire season. It's assumed that if Ian did not make the Final 2 like he did, he would have been a contender (or actually would have won) along with Frank to win the America's Favourite Houseguest prize.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Ashley kind of sees him as being this. Ashley had more romantic interest in Frank and found Shane physically attractive.
- The Ace: Won two vetos and won FOUR eligible HoHs in a row which also ties the show's record of HoHs to a single person in a season.
- Adorkable: When he got his second HoH, he did a little dance in his bed. Plus, he happily discusses anything Science related with his housemates with eager enthusiasm.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Ian was picked on and shunned by many of the house guests earlier in the game because many of them though Ian was very strange and exhibited odd behaviour.
- Always Save the Girl: In regards to both Ashley and Britney. Eventually averted with both as Ian nominated Ashley and Britney was nominated by Frank and both were evicted.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Lots of people suspect that he may have Asperger's Syndrome, due to his awkwardness around fellow housemates and his unusual behavior (like, walking around the house in his underwear late at night, looking at his reflection in the fridge door and slapping his butt).
- Less ambiguous. Ian has told Dan that he apparently has an ADHD and OCD combo that basically makes him uncomfortable if he stays still for too long. So he's always moving around in some way. He even admits that he "stims", something usually seen with autistic people.
- And I Must Scream: A Pandora's Box has of all people Rachel giving him advice on how to play the game...and laughing for thirty seconds straight. And he can't leave the room! Poor boy. Subverted in that he managed to escape, and that he thankfully wasn't trapped in the house with her.
- Ascended Fanboy: Has been watching the show since he was 10. He prides himself as being a human Big Brother encyclopedia.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Ian can never keep still and he is always moving. This is because Ian suffers from a combination of ADHD/OCD.
- Badass Adorable: Despite being a nerd and a small guy, he is actually quite the competitor. He had a total of seven competition wins, tying the physical and dominant threats, Shane and Frank.
- Badass Bookworm: Ian is very intelligent and book smart. He's an engineering student.
- Badass Bystander: Frank blindsided Britney, Ian's closest ally in the game. As a result, Ian Took a Level in Badass.
- Badass Unintentional: Ian Took a Level in Badass as soon as he turned on Boogie and Frank.
- Hidden Badass: Who would have honestly suspected that the socially awkward loner would outlast and outsmart everyone in the end, including one of the best players in Big Brother history (Dan)?
- Bash Brothers: With Dan, Boogie and Frank.
- Better as Friends: His relationship with Ashley.
- Betty and Veronica: Ian is the Betty to Frank's Veronica for Ashley's Archie.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Ian is generally a calm Nice Guy but do not mess with him. He has a bit of a temper when provoked.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ian is the one who is responsible both indirectly and directly for Boogie and Frank being evicted from the game.
- The Big Easy: Ian is from New Orleons, Louisiana.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Ian is the Little Guy to Frank's Big Guy. While Ian is the shortest male houseguest at 5'5", Frank is the tallest and biggest male houseguest at 6'2".
- Breakout Character: Ian became a fan favourite and many people were rooting for him to win. Dr. Will and Jeff were both rooting for Ian and wanted him to win.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Ian is really strange, offbeat and quirky, but he is very smart and brilliant and NOT to be underestimated.
- Butt-Monkey: Ian was the easy target to pick on or make fun of in the house, mostly because of his social awkwardness.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Ian admits that he's awkward around the ladies.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Ian gets drunks really easily. A couple of beers and he gets pretty rowdy, mouthy and obnoxious.
- Character Development: Goes from being a self-conscious, socially awkward, friendless loner who all of the houseguests dislike to a more confident, sociable, and well-liked houseguest in the game. Ian definitely had one of the best journey's and growth in the game.
- The Chessmaster: Not to the same extent as Dan though.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ian comes off as really weird, quirky and eccentric to his fellow housemates.
- Co-Dragons: With Danielle for Dan.
- Cool Loser: Ian is initially a socially awkward loner, but he eventually becomes well liked by his fellow house guests and becomes more sociable as the game progresses. Not to mention, he manages to win the season.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: And how!
- Special mention to his closing speech to the jury on finale night. Danielle reveals in her jury question that Dan would've taken her had Ian not won the final Head of Household competition. Instead of flustering Ian as most people expected, Ian ran with that information and SLAMMED Dan hard in his closing speech, mentioning that Dan gave him his grandfather's cross for collateral! This could have been a key factor for the unsure votes.
- Cute Bookworm/Bookworm: Ian is an intelligent guy and very book smart.
- Cute Bruiser: Ian may be a small guy but he is NOT to be underestimated.
- Cute Clumsy Guy: Adds to Ian's adorableness.
- The Cutie: Ian is so loveable and adorable that you can't help but root for him when you look at him.
- Darkhorse Victory: Ian beat Dan by an almost unanimous 6-1 vote.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ian is capable of incredibly wit, humour and sarcasm.
- The Determinator: Ian is one of the most determined house guests of the season. He NEVER gives up.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Ian is the one responsible for both Boogie and Frank's evictions.
- Beating Dan in a 6-1 in the Final 2.
- Ditzy Genius: Ian is very smart and brilliant but there were plenty of times when he was unaware of what was actually going on in the house.
- The Dog Bites Back: Suggested the alliance put up Boogie and Frank.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Ashley. Ian liked Ashley but Ashley wasn't romantically interested in him.
- Dork Knight: Ian is very likeable, determined and a nice guy although he is highly socially awkward.
- The Dragon: First for Boogie early in the season and later on for Dan, the Big Bad.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Ian has thought about turning on Dan a few times. He had turned on Boogie earlier on in the game as well.
- Elimination Houdini: Even if he never realized it. The other members of the Quack Pack were targeting him since the first Double Eviction and planned on taking him out after Frank. He went on a massive comp run, winning three HoHs and two vetos. By doing so, Ian effectively took out the "goats" i.e. the players who would be easy to beat in the F2. This stopped Dan from having an ideal F2 partner and led Dan to having to evict Shane, someone he didn't think he could beat in the final HoHs, at F4 and save Ian. Ian would win the last HoH, evict Danielle, and beat Dan in the F2.
- Foil: To Frank. While Ian is a socially awkward nerd, Frank is a competitive and athletic jock. Ian is The Smart Guy and Guile Hero who is very intelligent and depends on his brains and strategy to get ahead in the game while Frank is the Action Hero and Jerk Jock who is very physical and gets through the game using his ability to win lots of competitions. Ian's strengths in the game are strategic and mental aspects while Frank's strengths are physical and competitive aspects. Frank is The Big Guy who is the largest and tallest male houseguest of the season at 6'2" while Ian is a Cute Bruiser who is the smallest and shortest male houseguest at 5'5". Ian has darker hair while Frank has lighter hair. Ian is more of a Shrinking Violet (someone who is shy, socially awkward, and reserved) while Frank is a Boisterous Bruiser (someone who is aggressive, outgoing and outspoken). Ian is more of the Nice Guy with Anti-Hero tendencies (mostly due to some of the scheming, lying and backstabbing that he has done to the other houseguests, primarily his own allies) while Frank is more of an Anti-Villain who has acted like The Bully and has come off as very assertive, confrontational and aggressive towards the other houseguests.
- Friendless Background: Ian is very socially awkward and does not make friends easily.
- Geek: Ian is definitely the token geek or nerd of the season.
- Geek Physique: Ian is of the skinny variation.
- Geeky Turn-On: Ashley found Ian very adorable and endearing.
- Genre Blind: Ironically he never seemed to consider that Dan might actually win, or that Jenn could be an easier to person to beat. And yet, he somehow managed to pull off a 6-1 end, even denying Dan ideal goats in the process - so maybe he was just covering his mistakes.
- Give Geeks a Chance: In regards to his showmance with Ashley.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Some fans think that Ian is way more attractive without his glasses.
- The Good Guys Always Win: Ian beat Dan in the Final 2 by a 6-1 vote.
- Good Is Not Nice: Ian is nice but don't cross him or piss him off.
- Good Is Not Soft: Ian is not to be underestimated when he is set off.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Pink boxers with white polka dots. Only shown once.
- Goofy Suit: Ian had to wear a Dog Suit as a punishment from a POV competition.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ian has a bit of a jealous streak, especially in regards to Ashley's relationship with Frank.
- Guile Hero: Ian relies on his intelligence, brains and strategy to get farther in the game. However, Ian is also an Action Guy as he has won multiple competitions.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Ian doesn't think too much of himself. He's rather humble.
- Hollywood Nerd: Ian is very cute, especially without his glasses. His glasses make him look more like a nerd.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Ashley, who is obviously more interested in Frank.
- Humble Hero: Ian is very humble.
- Internalized Categorism: Ian sometimes exhibited the habit of putting himself down because he felt that he didn't belong or fit in with the other house guests. Dan even consistently told Ian to not put himself down and to be confident and think as positively as he can about himself. This is eventually averted as Ian builds confidence within himself as the game progresses.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: It is obvious that Ian wanted to belong or fit in, hence why he wanted to create an alliance (i.e The Quack Pack).
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die: In regards to Ashley. When Ian was HOH, he nominated Ashley alongside Frank, his former team mate. Ashley ended up being evicted under Ian's HOH reign and Ian felt extremely guilty and bad for it afterwards.
- If I Can't Have You...: Evicted Ashley during his quick turn as HoH, after she had more or less established that she isn't romantically interested in him like she is Frank. Granted; the reasons were more because Ashley was Frank's ally, but the editing certainly makes it come off as this!
- Keet: Especially when Ian gets excited or nervous.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Ian qualifies as this because he looks like a kid himself despite actually being a young adult. Hey comes across as very innocent and childlike. Ian could classify as a Type 4.
- Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards: Early-game, he couldn't seem to do anything, only winning his first Head of Household by default (He was trying to throw it)...yet later on, he wins two head of household competitions and a veto, managing to pull himself off the block. Heck, he won four head of household challenges total, including the final.
- Loner-Turned-Friend: Ian was socially awkward and didn't fit in but later on, he became part of the strongest alliance in the game and everyone began to love and accept Ian, so much that the majority of the jury even voted for him to win.
- Lovable Nerd: Ian is very endearing and loveable.
- Megane: Ian wears glasses.
- The Mole: For Dan's alliance (The Quack Pack).
- Mr. Fanservice: Many female Big Brother fans find Ian very adorable.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Ian may not be physically built but he is just as strong of a physical competitor as Shane and Frank, who are physical threats and who are highly athletic.
- Nerd Glasses: Ian wears glasses, which adds to his nerdiness and his Adorkableness.
- Nice Guy: Ian is very nice, sweet and humble.
- No-Damage Run: Was nominated once, like Dan, but never received an eviction vote.
- No Social Skills: Ian didn't really fit in earlier in the season and he was seen to be incredibly socially awkward. This often annoyed the other house guests. However, Ian became more more sociable as the season progressed.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Shocking considering his background and education. But since he spent the early part of the season doing wacky stuff and not discussing the game with anyone besides Frank and Boogie, a large chunk of the cast underestimated him completely. The reason he made such an effective mole was because Boogie and Frank couldn't imagine him making deals without them.
- One of Us: He collects Pokemon cards and plays Dungeons and Dragons.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Ian doesn't seem to have a problem with being a nerd. He seems to accept it and embrace it.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: What makes Ian so endearing.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ian is the Blue to Frank's Red. While Ian is more intelligent, logical and practical, Frank is more passionate, intense and competitive.
- Required Secondary Skills: During the Pandora's Box where everyone tried to get a veto out of the crane game? He intentionally lets people move the ball close, tricks them into thinking he moved it, and then sneaking back in while everyone was looking for more quarters.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one after Britney is evicted. Takes out three of the four people involved in Britney's blindside before curb stomping Dan in the F2.
- Science Hero: Ian is a chemical engineering student.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Ian is the Sensitive Guy to Frank's Manly Man.
- Shout-Out: His alliance is called the Quack Pack.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Gives a couple to Dan during the F2 questioning.
- The Smart Guy: Ian is very intelligent.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Ian is The Smart Guy, intelligent and nerdy and he wears glasses.
- Tagalong Kid: Ian is the youngest houseguest of the season.
- Took a Level in Badass: Especially after Britney was blindsided and evicted at Frank's hands. At that point, it was game on for Ian and game over for Frank.
- True Companions: With his fellow Quack Pack members Dan, Britney, Shane and Danielle.
- The Unfavorite: In the beginning amongst the houseguests. Everyone seemed to dislike him and they all found him strange.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?
- Worthy Opponent: Boogie sees him as this, even smiling when Ian told him it was him who got him out.
DANIEL ROBERT "DAN" GHEESLING
BORN: September 1, 1983
AGE: 28 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: West Bloomfield, Michigan
OCCUPATION: Catholic High School Teacher
COMPETITIONS WON: 1 HOH, 1 POV
PLAYERS (AS COACH): Jodi, Kara, Danielle
PREVIOUS SEASON: Big Brother 10 (FINISHED 1ST PLACE, WINNER)
FINISHED: SECOND PLACE, RUNNER-UP (LOST 6-1, WON $50,000)
- The Ace: Has gotten to the final two twice without a single vote cast against him. He is the only player in Big Brother history to get to the final two twice. Dan is also the only player in Big Brother history to win Big Brother with a unanimous 7-0 vote. He is also regarded as one of the best players in Big Brother history.
- Adorkable: There is something so endearing about Dan, especially during Big Brother 10. Most of it has to do with the fact that he is a very brainy, intelligent and even somewhat nerdy person.
- Affably Evil: Dan can be polite and friendly, but will be willing to plot anyone's demise and stab them in the back. Dan is a genuinely nice guy and he can be very sociable with the other houseguests, but every time he is conversing with other houseguests, he is actually strategizing and coming up with ways to stab them in the back down the line. It could be argued that Dan coming off as friendly and nice as he did towards the others made his social game one of the strongest aspects of his game (the other being strategy and manipulation). This is so because many of the houseguests did not see Dan backstabbing them or turning on them coming.
- Arch-Enemy: Frank. The two were enemies in the game and continuously tried to get each other out of the house. When Frank was on the block and before the reset happened, Dan, along with Danielle, was plotting to get rid of Frank. Frank discovered this fact and realized that he could not trust Dan any longer. The rivalry escalated between them when Frank felt personally burned by Dan because he had felt that Dan was responsible for the demise of his coach Mike Boogie (in actual fact, it was Ian). Dan wanted Frank out because he was too much of a physical threat and he knew that he could not beat him in the competitions. Frank wanted Dan out because he felt that Dan lied to him, betrayed him and felt threatened by him because he was a very dangerous player through being a great strategist and manipulator.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: During his Final 2 questioning at the end, Dan came off as too arrogant, cocky and disrespectful to the Jury. He constantly talked and bragged about how he outplayed every single member of the Jury and that he deserves to win because his game was the best. He also did not seem to care that he was bragging about how ruthless he played and how he had to throw his morals out the window (such as swearing on his wife Chelsea and swearing on the Bible and lying afterwards and breaking his word). It didn't help that Dan backstabbed almost every single member on the Jury and they all felt personally hurt or betrayed by him.
- Badass Boast: Dan will brag during his Diary Room sessions whenever he has outplayed or outsmarted someone. He will constantly say that he has no remorse for stabbing someone in the back or plotting someone's demise as long as it it benefits him in the long run. In contrast to his original season, Dan was more humble and quiet and less arrogant about playing the game. Some fans even felt turned off by Dan's excessive arrogance in the DR.
- Badass in Charge: Even though Shane was The Hero, Dan was definitely The Leader of the Quack Pack. He was the one who was calling all of the shots for the alliance. He had control over every single alliance member's game moves and he would often tell all of them what to do on a strategic level. Dan definitely had the most control over Ian and Danielle as he was The Obi-Wan, The Mentor (or Evil Mentor, depending on one's interpretation of him), and a Big Brother Mentor to the both of them throughout the game. Dan basically controlled nearly everything that Ian and Danielle did throughout the game. Dan had some control over Britney (who was The Lancer of the alliance) and Shane, but not as much as Ian and Danielle.
- Badass Bookworm: Dan is very intelligent and he is a teacher. He is also one of the strongest strategists in the game. He is not as physical as Frank and Shane, who win a lot of competitions. He depends on his brains, intelligence, strategy and manipulation to get through the game. This season, he only won one HOH and one POV whereas on his original season, he won more competitions with 3HOH's and 2 POV's. Despite his dependence on using strategy and manipulation in the game, Dan is surprisingly good at Endurance competitions.
- Badass Teacher: Dan is a Catholic high school teacher for a living. But in the game, he was also a coach to his player Danielle. Dan was normally very calm and collected, but whenever Danielle was in trouble, he would step up and either encourage her to focus and doc better in the game or he would try to protect her as much as possible. Some of his methods of coaching or teaching Danielle were very ruthless, but it managed to get her very far in the game. In other words, Dan was The Mentor (or Evil Mentor if one views him that way) to Danielle.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Subverted Trope. Although Dan, who was deemed as the season's villain or Big Bad, played the game very well and there were many fans that felt that he should have won for the game that he played, he accidentally came off as too arrogant to the Jury. Dan lost the Jury votes because he was way too careless and ruthless in the way that he backstabbed all of them, plus, he played too morally corrupted and it pissed too many jury members off. Dan ended up losing to Ian by a whopping 6-1 vote. One could say that Dan had very poor jury management and forgot that how well someone manages the jury is what wins someone the game in the end. While Dan had near perfect jury management on his original season (where he ended up winning by a unanimous 7-0 vote), he had terrible jury management this time around.
- Bash Brothers: With Shane, Boogie, Frank and Ian. Dan was this with Shane, because they were in the Quack Pack alliance. Therefore, the two had a strong loyalty to one another, despite Dan feeling like Shane was a huge physical threat and would possibly beat him in the end. Part of Dan's loyalty to Shane was because of Danielle, because Danielle was in a showmance with Shane. Unfortunately for Shane, who thought Dan would be loyal and keep his word to him, Dan ended up betraying him and burning him when he decided to blindside him and evict him at the Final 4. Dan was this with Boogie for a short while, because they were both veterans or returning players who have also won the game. The two had even planned to go to the Final 2 together because they both share the commonality of being winners and felt that it would be a fair battle for the jury to vote between them. It was clear that as winners, Dan and Boogie had a clear respect for one another. Unfortunately, that loyalty did not last long because Dan decided to turn on Boogie because he felt that Boogie was way too close with Frank, who was a huge threat in the game. Along with Boogie, Dan also became this with Frank, although the two had a very on and off relationship due to a lot of distrust in the game. Although Boogie was Frank's number one ally in the game, Frank admired and respected Dan because Dan was one of Frank's favorite players. Despite the distrust between them, Dan decided to align with Frank and Jenn. However, Dan's loyalty to Frank did not last long as Dan chose to side with his Quack Pack members, throwing Frank to the wolves. Finally, Dan was this with Ian. It is safe to say that Ian was Dan's number one ally next to Danielle. Dan even stated that he loves Ian as a person and that he sees a lot of himself in him. He shares a genuine bond with Ian that is beyond game. Dan had strong Big Brother Instinct towards Ian and he was actually very protective him, despite viewing Ian as a huge threat to his game. Dan and Ian ended up pledging Undying Loyalty to one another and Ian decided to take Dan to the Final 2, honoring their deal.
- Batman Gambit: Dan's strategy is to exploit on other houseguests flaws and strengths and use them to his advantage.He also has a very good read on the houseguests and understands their personalities well through having a solid social game. Dan will constantly ask questions to the other houseguests about their personal lives and then he will analyze the information and store it so that he could use it to his advantage somehow in the game. Dan is also good at using then houseguests flaws and strengths as people and as game players to get them to turn against each other.
- Big Bad/Bigger Bad: Once Boogie was evicted, Dan turned out to be the real villain of the season. Dan ran the entire game since the start and nobody even batted an eyelash. He was responsible for and had a hand in every single member of the jury's eviction in some way. Dan was so ruthless that he was indirectly responsible for his own student Danielle's eviction and he was even going to backstab Ian, someone whom he had given his word to that he would not. backstab.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards both Ian and Danielle. Dan was protective of both of them in the game.
- Big Brother Mentor: Primarily to Danielle during the fourteenth season. This was understandable considering that Danielle was his player and he was her coach.
- To Ian in season fourteen.
- Break the Cutie: Does this to Britney and also does it to Danielle, when he really wanted to get the target off her back.
- Breakout Villain: Dan was a favourite for the audience.
- Born Lucky: Returns for his second time? Gets a free ride to week four. Then he gets people who are too Genre Blind to get rid of him.
- The Charmer: Dan is very charming and charismatic. He has the gift of persuasion in which many people refer to as "The Mist".
- The Chessmaster: Dear God. The sheer number of times he has managed to trick someone into being backdoored is mind-boggling, to say the least.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Dan has no problem with betraying or stabbing people in the back in order to get farther in the game. Even his own allies.
- Clothes Make the Legend: Dan constantly wore bandana's.
- Consummate Liar: If Dan is opening his mouth, he is most likely lying.
- Darker and Edgier: Dan was much more ruthless during this season than his original season.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dan is very sarcastic and witty.
- Devil in Plain Sight: Haven't any of these guys even seen his season?!
- Digging Yourself Deeper: After Ian managed to slam him in the final two speech. you can spot when he realizes Oh, Crap! and starts trying to get votes by brown nosing.
- The Dreaded: Many houseguests feared Dan cause he was the most dangerous player in the game by far.
- Drunk with Power: Whenever Dan received power, he would be very ruthless.
- Enemy Mine: Teams up with Frank in order to take out Ian and Britney.
- Evil Genius: Dan is very intelligent and brilliant and can outsmart everyone.
- Evil Gloating: Dan sometimes brags whenever he outsmarts someone, especially in the DR.
- Evil Is Cool: Dan is one of the best players in Big Brother history.
- Evil Is Easy: Dan makes it seem as though it is so easy to backstab people and be ruthless in his gameplay. It seems like it doesn't even phase him because he comes across as so unemotional.
- Evil Is Hammy: Dan had a very over the top personality this season, which is a very huge contrast to his low-key personality during Big Brother 10.
- Evil Mentor: To Danielle and Ian. They were both The Dragon to him and they were both working for him throughout the majority of the game.
- Expy: Dan is often compared to Dr. Will Kirby from Big Brother 2 and 7 or Boston Rob Mariano from Survivor.
- The Face: Of the Quack Pack.
- Faux Affably Evil: A lot of what Dan does is for pure strategy and to get him farther in the game. He often acts like he cares about his houseguests, which might be true, but on the Confession Cam, he always talks about his game primarily.
- Feed the Mole: Dan was basically covering for Ian, who was The Mole for The Quack Pack. As a result, Dan was taking all of the heat for Ian while he (Ian) was receiving info from the other side of the house (i.e. Boogie, Jenn and Frank) for the Quack Pack's benefit. Dan had even said that he was willing to cover for Ian as much as he could, but that if Ian did not appreciate what Dan was doing for him in the game, he (Dan) would throw Ian to the wolves without a second thought or a care in the world.
- Final Boss: Dan proved to be the biggest threat and gamer in the entire house. There were times where he even outsmarted Ian and if it weren't for Dan, Ian would have been gone at Final 4. If Dan did not manipulate Danielle to use the Final 4 POV on himself (Dan), it was safe to say that Ian was the target for eviction and would have been evicted and would have become the 6th jury member. So, believe it or not, it was Dan's excellent strategy and manipulation that managed to get both himself (Dan) and Ian to the Final 2. Unfortunately for Dan, the jury was so bitter against Dan because he played so ruthless and backstabbed so many people, that they voted for Ian over Dan, despite the fact that Dan out gamed and outplayed Ian by far.
- Foil: To both Shane and Frank. While Shane and Frank were both athletic and the strongest competitors of the season, Dan was not that physical strong and competitive. Shane and Frank were both physically strong while Dan was mentally and strategically strong. While Frankie is more brash and cocky and loud mouthed, Dan is more subdued, quiet and reserved. Shane and Frank seem to be more of the Dumb Jock variation, depending on their athleticism and competition wins to get far in the game while Dan is more of The Smart Guy, depending on manipulation and strategy to get far in the game. Both Shane and Frank are physically athletic and built with muscles while Dan is physically slender and slight and doesn't have muscles. Shane is considered to be the Big Good of the season while Dan is considered to be the Big Bad of the season.
- Good All Along: All his actions as both her coach and her ally, both good and bad, were for Danielle's safety and benefit in the game, and he admitted it was Enforced Method Acting. When Dan hosted his Big Brother Funeral, he said all good things about all of the houseguests (which was both strategic and genuine at the same time) but when it came time to say something positive about Danielle, Dan instead threw Danielle under the bus and said that in the game, she was dead to him. Dan did this so that he could get Danielle's sympathy meter through the roof so that he could get Frank to get Jenn to use the POV on him (Dan) and get Frank to target Britney and have her nominated alongside Danielle so that Danielle would not be voted out against Britney. Despite the fact that Dan has messed with Danielle's emotions and mind, Danielle is the one person whom Dan has remained consistently loyal to (despite the fact that he has stabbed everyone else in the back), never seemed to go after or even consider throwing under the bus until the very end of the game.
- Graceful Loser: To Ian. Even though he didn't end up winning and came in second place, Dan still believed that Ian deserved to win despite him losing. Dan said that if he wanted to lose to someone, he would have wanted to lose to Ian because all summer long, he saw Ian in himself and he also saw Ian as his little brother whom he always felt the need to protect.
- Happily Married: To Chelsea, his beautiful wife. He is one of the married houseguests of the season along with Janelle, Britney, and Joe.
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: He just can't seem to choose a side. It was tough to tell whether or not he was on the good side or the bad side. But this is because Dan was playing both sides of the house. unfortunately, this really hurt him at the end.
- Idiot Ball: For once, he actually caught it after tossing it to everyone else in the summer. A rather funny case where he held it and the Smart Ball at the same time - he basically makes plans to be in the Final 2 with Ian, when he could have beaten Danielle by a possible unanimous vote, and also someone who had made less moves by herself, has Joe evicted when he finally wins Head of Household, and even lets Jenn be evicted. Suffice to say, he bombed at the jury with both his speech and with his questions.
- It was pointed out that he actually played very similar to Russell Hantz from Survivor Samoa - a brilliant strategic player, yet made some surprisingly bone-headed mistakes.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Dan is excellent socially and strategically but this season, he lacked competitively. During his original season of Big Brother 10, Dan was excellent at everything (socially, strategically, competitively).
- Jerkass Has a Point: Despite being completely uncaring and ruthless in the game, most of his actions, decisions and points were strategically excellent and on point.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's an extremely ruthless competitor, but is a very nice guy outside of the game. He does seem to care for Ian like a little brother, Danielle like a little sister, genuinely loves his family and his wife Chelsea and didn't seem to mind losing to Ian at all.
- Knight Templar: Dan is the most ruthless player in the game BY FAR. Although Dan believed that he had to be ruthless and backstab people in the game for his own benefit otherwise, he wouldn't make it far in the game.
- Kuudere: Type 1. Dan is always calm cool and collected and never loses his cool.
- Large Ham: Dan has some very over the top mannerisms, especially when he is making a speech or whenever he is in the DR.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Dan may have gotten all the way to the Final 2 through his ruthless gameplay, but it ended up costing him the win due to back stabbing the entire jury and having poor jury management. It didn't help him when Ian absolutely crushed him in his argument (his Final Speech) against Dan as to why he should win.
- The Leader: Of the Quack Pack alliance.
- Love to Hate: Some people just love to hate him.
- Manipulative Bastard: Managed to manipulate Ian over to his side, and manages makes Danielle his loyal sidekick.
- He later forges an alliance with Frank and Jenn to keep himself and Danielle safe, and possibly send Britney home. Dan went so far as to claim that Danielle betrayed him, and using the emotional turmoil to keep her safe. Time will tell if this works, but the sheer audacity might put Dan into The Chessmaster or Magnificent Bastard territory.
- The Man Behind the Man: Dan was definitely the puppetmaster and he was the one controlling everything in the house.
- The Mentor: To Danielle, Kara and Jodi in the fourteenth season. He was both her coach and her mentor throughout the game.
- Mr. Fanservice: Dan is very popular with the female viewers.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Dan is not athletically built, yet he still out lasted all of the physical threats such as Wil, Shane and Frank.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: Dan planned his own "funeral", which ended up altering and changing the game completely. Dan's Funeral was definitely the major turning point in the game.
- My Greatest Second Chance: By default subverted; but he messed up on the Jury and only got one vote from a reluctant Danielle, losing to Ian by a 6-1 vote.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Dan's ruthless gameplay, along with the Laser-Guided Karma he faced when it came time for the Jury Vote, ended up coining the phrase "Bitter Jury." In seasons that follow, you now have contestants unwilling to directly burn bridges, instead relying on others to do their dirty work less they share the same fate as Dan.
- No-Damage Run: Never faced eviction except in the final three, no votes cast against him. He's very good at getting far in the game. However, he only received one vote to win - from Danielle, who seemed to be a tad reluctant.
- Not So Stoic: When Dan sees a home video of his wife Chelsea, Dan just breaks down in tears.
- Oh, Crap!: You can spot this when Frank wins Head of Household. First half of the season? He's really nice, just with No Indoor Voice in the Diary room. Then when Frank opens Pandora's Box, he suddenly starts diving after people and pushing them out of the way.
- You can also spot the moment where he realized he didn't have it won clearly and that he might actually lose - unfortunately he winds up digging himsmelf deeper.
- Odd Friendship: With Danielle. It was really uncertain if Dan's alliance or friendship with Danielle was genuine or for game purposes. Dan would betray Danielle and blindside her yet, Danielle would immediately forgive him and go back to being in an alliance with him as if nothing had happened. Talk about odd.
- Older and Wiser: He won Big Brother during the tenth season. Subverted in that he accidentally burns too many bridges for him to win in the fourteenth season.
- No Indoor Voice: He's rather loud in the diary room.
- Raised Catholic: Dan is a die-hard Catholic who grew up in a religious Catholic upbringing.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Dan is strongly Catholic and is devoted to his faith.
- Religious Bruiser: But he's not afraid to lie to peoples' faces and swear on the bible, only to turn around and get them out.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: With the exception of Ashley and Danielle, every member in the jury had either been betrayed by him or directly nominated and evicted by him. (And in fact, Danielle is the only person who he did not have a hand in evicting) Given that he did play a good game, he Took a Level in Jerkass, and apparently forgot that the reason he won by a unanimous vote was because he wasn't a jackass and immediately did damage-control with the jury. The second time? He pretty much betrays everyone on the jury (Except Joe, Ashley, and Danielle, the latter of which was undoubtedly questionable), even swears on the bible and offering valuable objects as collateral for deals...let's just say this came back to bite him hard, as he loses by six votes.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Dan is the Sensitive Guy to Frank's Manly Man.
- The Smart Guy: Dan is very intelligent, almost verging on a mastermind level.
- The Snark Knight: Dan has a very sarcastic and snarky sense of humour.
- The Social Expert: Dan is excellent socially and strategically. Dan can talk his way out of a mess and get people to agree with him.
- Softspoken Sadist: Dan is very calm, cool and logical, which is even more scary because he is secretly and quietly plotting your demise.
- The Stoic: Dan rarely shows emotion. Dan even admits that he is not an emotional guy.
- The Strategist: There is never a time when Dan isn't strategizing.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Dan is incredibly sarcastic, snarky and witty. Dan has a very dry sense of humor and some of his come backs and jokes are said with a serious tone, which adds to the humor.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: Everyone wanted Dan to go later on in the game, because he was so excellent at the game.
- Throwing the Fight: Dan throws competitions as part of his strategy to appear as less of a threat. While he's not the first houseguest to do so, he is the first person to convince both of the other competitors in a Final Three HOH competition to throw the match to him.
- Too Clever by Half: Dan was brilliant and outsmarted everyone and he knew it.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He yelled at Danielle and threw her under the bus, then made an alliance with Frank so Dan could prevent everyone from going after Danielle.
- Worthy Opponent: The reason why everyone saw Dan as a huge threat in the game and why Frank wanted him out.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Dan's Funeral, anyone?
- Zero-Approval Gambit: Because of how ruthless Dan played throughout the game with all the lying, manipulating, and backstabbing, the jury ended up very bitter towards him and nobody voted for him with the exception of Danielle. And even she was considering voting for Ian over him. Dan's game during this season was a strong contrast to the relatively noble and clean game he played during Big Brother 10 when he won the season by a unanimous 7-0 vote. Even Frank had commented that he always respected Dan as a player and always loved how he played the game but he played to ruthlessly and played a "scavenger game" that he could not respect. If a super fan in Frank, who has stated that one of his favorite players is Dan, says that Dan played too cut throat and ruthless, then Dan definitely played the game wrong this time around.
DANIELLE ALEXIS MURPHREE
BORN: April 23, 1989 (age at time of competition: 23)
AGE: 23 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
COMPETITIONS WON: 2 HOH's, 2 POV's
FINISHED: THIRD PLACE (EVICTED 1-0), JUROR #7
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR DAN
- 0% Approval Rating: Danielle was one of the most hated houseguests of the season. Many fans hated Danielle so much that after the game was over, they decided to send her hate on social media. Some would even send her hateful comments and would basically pick on her to the point where Danielle would have to tell the people harassing her to stop. Some assume that Danielle received a lot of hatred on social media because of all of the unnecessary lies that she told about her personal life.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Deep down, Shane thought of Danielle as this. Although Danielle was obviously crazy over Shane and even wanted a showmance with him during the game, Shane would often either ignore Danielle or would avoid being affectionate with her. There were some instances in which Shane felt or looked down right uncomfortable with Danielle's flirtations and advances towards him.
- Action Fashionista: Daniele loves fashion, clothing, and makeup. In fact, Danielle was probably the most fashion conscious of all of the female houseguests and the most girly girl. She would constantly look in the mirror and would always be applying makeup.
- Action Girl: Danielle was the strongest female competitor of the season. In a season which was dominated by all men, in which Shane, Frank and Ian won most of the competitions, Danielle was the only girl to win HOH and POV of the season. She won 2 HOH's and 2 POV's.
- All Love Is Unrequited: In regards to Shane. Although Danielle was obviously crazy about Shane, it didn't seem as though Shane felt the same way about Danielle romantically. Shane would often reject Danielle's advances for a showmance and he looked very uncomfortable with Danielle's flirting with him and seemed to not show any interest in Danielle's advances. Shane even admitted he had more interest in Kara and JoJo than Danielle.
- Alpha Bitch: Danielle definitely showed spades of this at times. Although Danielle appeared to be a sweet Southern girl, Danielle was actually one of the most catty girls in the house. She would talk crap about every single female houseguest including Janelle and Ashley and she even displayed jealousy towards Kara. The only girl whom Danielle didn't really badmouth was Britney but even then, Danielle threw Britney under the bus.
- Always Second Best: Danielle felt this way about Kara in regards to Dan. She felt that Dan favored Kara over her. This bothered Danielle as Danielle openly admitted that she really wanted to be on Dan's team more than anything because she was a huge fan of him. Although Dan did pick Danielle, Danielle felt that Kara was Dan's #1 pick and that he paid more attention to her (in which he did; it wasn't until Kara was evicted that Dan gave Danielle his undivided attention).
- Arch-Enemy: Janelle. For some reason, Danielle had an irrational hatred for her. One could assume that Danielle grew to hate Janelle out of jealousy towards her, because Janelle was beautiful and one of the Big Brother greats. It might have also bothered Danielle that Dan wanted to possibly be in an alliance with Janelle and Danielle felt threatened by that. Instead, Danielle would hide her jealousy of Dan and Janelle possibly aligning with catty and petty reasons such as Janelle not cheering for Danielle during a competition and Janelle telling Danielle that JoJo had called her fat. The feeling is mutual, as Janelle grew to dislike Danielle as well and even publicly called Danielle out on both social media and at the finale.
- Attention Whore: Danielle thrived on getting attention. When she didn't get the attention she wanted, she would get all upset and pout, especially if she didn't get attention from Dan and Shane.
- Axe-Crazy: Danielle was often perceived or thought of this way by many fans, hence the fan nickname "Cray Cray". She was often portrayed as being a stalker towards Shane, obsessing over someone who obviously had no romantic feelings for her whatsoever. Danielle also was very jealous and possessive of Shane and Dan and would resort to catty and petty behaviour when she felt like anyone would threaten her relationship with both guys. According to live feeders, Danielle would embellish and lie about many things, such as her life story and about personal things that occurred in her life. On the live feeds, she would also make funny and weird faces in the mirror while she would apply makeup, which only made Danielle come off as highly weird, crazy and psychotic.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Her odd, tumultuous, and chaotic relationship with Dan. Every time Dan ended up hurting her, blindsiding her, or betraying her, Danielle would almost end up immediately forgiving Dan afterwards. Although they had many ups and downs in the game, there is no doubt that there was some sort of bond, trust and loyalty between the two, no matter how unhealthy their relationship was.
- Badass Adorable: Danielle is a bit on the quirky side and she can be endearing at times. Not to mention that she is also a nurse. Although, that's just for the show edit. On the live feeds, her sweet, adorable front was all fake and all a facade. She was actually seen by live feeders as extremely rude, petty and catty.
- Battle Couple: With Shane. Together, the two were tough competitors and were the dynamic duo or "show mance" of the season. Together, they won a total of 11 competitions, with Shane winning 3 HoH's/4 PoV's and Danielle winning 2 HoH's/2 PoV's. It's safe to say that other than Dan and Danielle, Shane and Danielle were the most dominating duo of the season as they both made it past Final 5 with Shane making it to Final 4 and Danielle making it to Final 3.
- Believing Their Own Lies: Danielle would often tell a lot of meaningless lies about both personal and game related things; lies that were completely unnecessary about herself and about other houseguests. Most of her lies about other houseguests were very petty in nature and had an intent to hurt or harm. Her lies concerning her personal life were also downright bizarre, weird and exaggerated, that it was very obvious to the viewer that she was lying or embellishing stories about her life, probably to garner sympathy and attention. There is a reason why many fans called Danielle delusional.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT betray Danielle in any way. She won't be happy.
- Betty and Veronica: Danielle was the Betty to Jo Jo's Veronica for Shane's Archie. She was also the Archie for Shane's Betty and Dan's Veronica (except non-romantically on Dan's side).
- Beware the Nice Ones: Can be nice but can also be very catty.
- Big Eater: Danielle ate a lot while she was in the house. She even gained some weight.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Danielle appears to be a sweet, nice Southern girl but she has a very bitchy, catty side to her.
- Blatant Lies: When is Danielle not lying about something? She lied about both game related things and personal related things.
- Brainless Beauty: Danielle may not be "dumb" per se, but she sometimes made some silly decisions during the game, especially giving up the Veto to Dan at F4, resulting in Shane getting evicted by Dan. Also, it seemed that Danielle's gameplay was more about getting into a showmance, then actually playing the game.
- Break the Cutie: For a coach, Dan is definitely not very nice to her...
- Broken Bird: Dan consistently threw Danielle under the bus by blindsiding her and playing with her emotions.
- Catch-Phrase: "Y'all" and "Touche".
- The Chick: Of The Quack Pack.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Seems to have developed a crush on both Shane and Dan and is very clingy and possessive of both.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Danielle came off as ditzy and idealistic with her head in the clouds. Sometimes audience members would think she is sometimes delusional or overly naive.
- Co-Dragons: With Ian for Dan, the Big Bad. They were both aligned with him and were working with him. Both Danielle and Ian also had Final 2 deals with Dan and Dan had said he would take either of them to the Final 2.
- Consummate Liar: Danielle lied about many things in the house about her personal life that it was hard to tell whether or not everything she was saying was the truth. This not only occurred inside the house, but her lying also extended outside of the house.
- Corrupt the Cutie: What Dan tried to do to Danielle was to get her to lie, manipulate and backstab others, including her own allies in order to secure he and Danielle farther in the game. It worked, considering it got Danielle to the Final 3 and Dan to the Final 2.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Danielle appeared to be the naive, dumb, and sweet Southern Belle, but she is actually very competitive and is a lot smarter than she seems.
- Cute and Psycho: To many Big Brother fans, Danielle comes off as crazy. Her nickname amongst the fan base is "Cray Cray".
- Cute Bruiser: Danielle could be very competitive when she wanted to be and although she came off very idealistic, she was still a fighter. She managed to be the only female houseguest of the season to win the HOH title.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: There are quite a few viewers who found her voice really high pitched and annoying, especially during her DR sessions.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Generally not the most graceful and certainly has a clumsy side.
- Deadpan Snarker: Danielle has her moments of wit and humour.
- The Determinator: Danielle is a fighter and is not the type to quit or give up.
- Devour the Dragon: Dan admittedly threw the Final HOH competition to Ian so that Ian would take Dan to the Final 2 and evict Danielle.
- The Ditz: Danielle sometimes came off as rather ditzy and flighty with her head in the clouds. However, this could have been her strategy in the house to not appear as smart as she really is. While she is a nurse, she's likely just not very street smart.
- Ditzy Genius: Danielle is generally smart but she lacks common sense and logic and is way too gullible and naive.
- Dogged Nice Girl: In regards to her relationship and infatuation with Shane. Although Danielle really liked Shane, Shane didn't really see Danielle in a romantic light.
- The Dragon: To Dan. But more like a puppet. She did everything he said. Unlike with Boogie and Frank, who both loved each other, Dan used Danielle like a used tissue.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Danielle has thought about going against Dan a few times in the game.
- Drama Queen: Danielle would blow things out of proportion sometimes all to get attention.
- Enforced Method Acting: Dan never told Danielle that he was going to throw her under the bus, so her reactions when Dan goes after her are genuine.
- Entitled Bitch: Danielle came of spoiled and entitled at times, especially when things didn't go her way.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Dan consistently betrayed Danielle and her trust yet Danielle kept on forgiving him and trusting him, when she really shouldn't have.
- Everyone Can See It: Her relationship with Shane. Nearly everyone in the house could see that Danielle and Shane were more than just friends and saw the possibility of a showmance happening between them.
- Expy: Preseason, Danielle was compared to Jordan Lloyd of Big Brother 11 and 13.
- Extreme Doormat: For Dan. Danielle was basically Dan's puppet and did everything that he wanted.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Think that Danielle is a nice girl who is a sweet, Southern Belle? Think again. She is actually very manipulative, catty, obsessive and bitchy.
- The Fake Cutie: Danielle comes across as very sweet and naive, but she is actually very mean, catty, and jealous.
- Foil: To JoJo. JoJo is a Hard-Drinking Party Girl from New York and Danielle is a Southern Belle from Alabama.
- The Fool: Foolishly believed and trusted in Dan when he was playing her like a fiddle the entire game.
- Genki Girl: Danielle is a bit on the high energy and upbeat side.
- Genre Blind: Great job sending your showmance out the door and letting Dan get a free ride to the end.
- Girly Bruiser: Danielle is very girly but also very competitive.
- Girly Girl: One of the most girly female houseguests in the house along with Britney.
- Good Is Not Nice: She may act like a sweet, Southern nice girl but she is actually very catty and many of her moves in the game are personal.
- Good Is Not Soft: Generally laid back, but will gladly stab anyone in the back who poses a threat to her.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Danielle has a strong jealous streak.
- Hello, Nurse!: A literal example.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: An epic example on Day 69 when Shane was evicted. Her status as The Woobie has truly been set in stone now.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Britney. They became very close in the house and even formed an alliance.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Danielle was way too trusting of Dan, even when he blindsided her and betrayed her numerous times.
- Hospital Hottie: Well, she is a nurse. See Hello, Nurse!.
- It's Personal: Her animosity towards Janelle. It was clear that Danielle wanted to backdoor Janelle out of jealousy towards her.
- In-Series Nickname: Southern Belle.
- Irrational Hatred: Towards Janelle. For some reason, Danielle really despised her.
- It's All About Me: Danielle is very self-centered and self-absorbed. When did Danielle never not make everything about her?
- Jerkass: Danielle was not that nice of a person. She was actually rather catty and bitchy, especially towards many of the female houseguests.
- Kawaiiko: Danielle came off as very child like at times. She would sometimes resort to using a baby voice.
- Love Hungry: Desperately wanted a showmance with Shane, even at the expense that she could possibly lose half a million dollars.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Well..Danielle wasn't downright psychotic over Shane, but the show edits sure made her look like she was an obsessed stalker.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Danielle's crush or showmance with Shane basically cost her 500K.
- Meganekko: Danielle wore glasses from time to time.
- Ms. Fanservice: Danielle is physically appealing. She also does some modelling.
- Naïve Everygirl: Danielle was known to be extremely naive. She bought everything that Dan said to her and could never tell when Dan was telling her things she wanted to hear. Because of Danielle's naivety, she would often end up shocked or hurt by Dan's blindsides and actions towards her.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Dan was way more ruthless than Danielle ever was in the game.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Comes off as a ditzy Southern girl but she is a lot smarter than she looks.
- Odd Couple: Some viewers thought that Danielle's relationship or showmance with Shane was really weird or awkward.
- Odd Friendship: With Dan. Although it seemed as though Dan and Danielle were close, it seemed to be purely for game purposes on Dan's side. Danielle, however, was a huge fangirl of Dan since S10 and was extremely hurt when Dan betrayed her TWICE. Yet, even when Dan betrayed her, she still forgive him and continued to be in an alliance with him and trust him.
- Playing the Victim Card: Danielle would often play the role of victim as a strategy to farther herself in the game.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Britney.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: In regards to Shane. Danielle was very interested in Shane romantically. However, it could be considered t be unrequited on Shane's behalf, since he did not seem to be as romantically interested in Danielle as she was in to him.
- Southern Belle: Danielle is from Alabama and she was often referred to this on the show by all of the house guests. In fact, it was her nickname while in the house. Subverted Trope as it is revealed that she is not as sweet and nice as she appears to be. She is actually a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing.
- Stalker with a Crush: Let's just say that she's way more into Shane than he is into her.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Danielle was cast as Jordan Lloyd (from Big Brother 11) very early in the game.
- Sweet Home Alabama: Originally hails from Alabama.
- Took a Level in Badass: On two accounts. First, that she won Head of Household when she actually didn't really need itnote . Second, when she nominated and evicted Janelle, after getting the veto.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Unknown to the casual viewers or the live show viewers, Danielle has always been catty and bitchy. She is actually a mega Bitch in Sheep's Clothing with major Alpha Bitch personality characteristics. However, she became increasingly more arrogant and spoiled as the season progressed. She seemed to be picking up a lot of Dan's arrogance due to his influence on her game. When it got down to Final 3, after Ian had won the second part of the Final HOH,Ian tells her that he's taking Dan. She proceeds to treat him with disdain AND threatens to rig the jury to vote for Dan over him instead. Unfortunately for her, her threats towards Ian doesn't really work as neither she or Dan were well-liked by the jury.
- The Smurfette Principle: Danielle was the last girl standing in the final four with Dan, Ian, and Shane.
- She was also the only female to win the HoH title of the season. She won it twice.
- Too Dumb to Live: Not evicting Dan has to be one of the stupidest moves ever done in the game. Apparently she never considered that he might want to win, too.
- Yandere: While not psychotic, she definitely seemed to be obsessed with Shane.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: One of Danielle's fears are snakes.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Shane throughout the season.
BORN: December 9, 1985
AGE: 26 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Bennington, Vermont
OCCUPATION: House Flipper
COMPETITIONS WON: 2 HOH's, 4 POV's
FINISHED: FOURTH PLACE (EVICTED 1-0), JUROR #6
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- The Ace: After a month in the house, he's already won three veto competitions (in a row!) and two HoH reigns. Then, he proceeded to make himself the Veto King, winning the veto four times total.
- All-Loving Hero: Shane was the Nice Guy who didn't particularly hate anyone on a personal level. He was generally nice t everyone, even if they didn't deserve it.
- Ambiguously Bi/Ambiguously Gay: He seems to follow a lot of male models on Twitter, with one of them even being a former gay porn actor.
- Probably part of his strategy. If he were to be too romantic with Danielle, it would be seen as a "showmance" and he might be targeted for eviction.note He seems to be settling down with her now, though.
- Apologises a Lot: Shane always apologizes, even when he doesn't have to or when he hasn't really done anything wrong.
- Badass Bookworm: Shane is very intelligent and book smart. However, in the game, he lacks strategically.
- Battle Couple: With Danielle. As a duo, they won a total of 11 competitions.
- Being Good Sucks: Guess being a nice guy who plays with honour and integrity got Shane nowhere, since he was blindsided by Dan.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shane is a nice, loyal guy but DO NOT betray or cross him.
- Big Good: Shane was perceived as the ultimate good, nice guy of the season, hence the nickname, Captain America.
- The Bore: Shane is nice, but is rather boring and lacks charisma.
- The Cape: Understandable considering that Shane was The Hero and the Big Good of the season. Shane was arguably the most moral, noble and upstanding houseguest, especially in comparison to someone who is a Manipulative Bastard like Dan (who was also the Big Bad of the season), someone who is The Bully and Hot-Blooded like Frank, and someone who is a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing like Danielle. The only other houseguest who could really come close to being one of the good guys along with Shane is probably Ian and even that is debatable since Ian did his fair share of lying, scheming and backstabbing.
- The Casanova: Shane flirted with many women in the house, primarily Danielle, Kara and JoJo.
- Competition Freak: Shane is tied with Frank and Ian with the most competition wins of the season, which is 7.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Shane had conflicting feelings on whether to be loyal to his coach Britney or his best friend and "showmance", Danielle. He eventually ended up choosing Danielle over Britney though when Shane ended up voting out Britney when Britney and Danielle were both on the block facing eviction.
- Deadpan Snarker: Shane has some witty moments.
- The Determinator: Shane's determination and persistance is what brings out his competitive side.
- Ditzy Genius: Shane is very book smart (he's pre-med after all and graduated with a high GPA) but he has almost little to no logic or common sense.
- Everyone Can See It: Although Shane and Danielle often referred to themselves as just friends and not a showmance, almost every single houseguest in the house could see that they were more than friends.
- Expy: A lot of fans often compared Shane to Big Brother 11's and 13's Jeff Schroeder. Even Dan openly compared Shane to Jeff, referring to Shane as "Jeff Schroeder 2.0". Shane has personally compared himself to Big Brother 12's and 13's Brendon Villegas.
- The Fettered: Shane has strong moral and values in the game.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Frank throughout the game.
- Friendly Enemy: With Frank.
- Gender-Blender Name: His name Shane can be used for both males and females as it is a unisex name.
- Genius Ditz: While Shane is very good at competitions and a solid competitor, he has almost little to no game logic. He is way too trusting, naive and gullible.
- Genius Bruiser: Shane is both book smart and highly athletic.
- Genre Blind: Seriously, you expected to go on the block and thought Dan would take out Ian?!
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Did Shane not realize that Dan was the biggest threat and that he had no intention of being loyal to Shane whatsoever?
- The Good Guys Always Win: Subverted. Dan blindsided Shane and voted him out at the Final 4 over Ian.
- Good Is Not Dumb: Shane comes off as dumb but he's not stupid at all.
- Good Is Not Soft: Shane is a nice guy, but he is also a very strong competitor and the biggest physical threat next to Frank.
- Good Is Old-Fashioned: Shane is very traditional in his ways.
- The Heart: Of the Quack Pack.
- The Hero: Seen as this of the season.
- The Hero Dies: Is blindsided by Dan when he votes him out at Final 4 over Ian.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Shane has a huge one when he is absolutely blindsided by Dan voting him out at final four.
- Hollywood New England: Shane is originally from Vermont.
- Honor Before Reason: Shane is very upstanding, honest and trustworthy. He believes in keeping his word as much as possible, which is what managed to get him evicted in the end.
- Humble Hero: Shane is very attractive and has many good qualities, but he is not at all cocky and arrogant like Frank is.
- Hunk: Shane is one of the most physically appealing male houseguests this season.
- I Gave My Word: Shane is all about honouring his word.
- Idiot Ball: Shane was completely okay with Danielle using the Final 4 POV on Dan and putting Shane up on the block, knowing that there is a high possibility that Dan will end up voting him out and blindsiding him. Seriously Shane? Dumbest move since Marcellus not using the POV to save himself from the block.
- Idiot Hero: See Idiot Ball.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Shane was the Nice Guy of the season.
- In-Series Nickname: Captain America. Also, Mr. Vermont, Mr Vermont 2010, Mr. Cosmopolitan, and Mr. Cosmo because he was the 2010 Cosmo Bachelor for Vermont.
- The Last DJ: Shane was the player who played with the most integrity and honour in the game.
- Light Is Good: Constantly wore lighter colours.
- Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards: Clearly of the linear warrior type - early on, seems like this guy was able to power his way into the finals. Later on? He finishes in dead last in two competitions in a row while Ian leaves him in the dirt...until the final five.
- Lovable Jock: Shane is very athletic, but he's generally a nice, humble guy.
- Magnetic Hero: Everybody in the house loved Shane. Nobody had a bad word to say about him.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With JoJo. While Shane is more passive and emotional, JoJo is more aggressive and edgy.
- Mighty Glacier: Shane was one of the strongest physical threats of the season. However, despite his strength, he was not necessarily quick.
- Mr. Fanservice: Shane is the most attractive male houseguest of the season.
- My Greatest Failure: Trusting Dan too much and staying loyal was definitely Shane's biggest downfall.
- Nice Guy: Oh so much. Almost to a fault.
- The Paragon: Probably the most moral and noble of the houseguests this season.
- Perma-Stubble: Aways has a 5 o'clock shadow.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Shane is strongly religious.
- Real Men Wear Pink: But the Brigade doesn't think so!
- The Reliable One: Of the Quack Pack.
- Religious Bruiser: He's Catholic.
- The Rival: To Dan later on in the game. Most of this had to do with Dan and Shane subtly fighting over Danielle's loyalty. Also, Shane took a long time to forgive Dan for evicting him.
- The Smart Guy: Shane is Pre-Med and graduated with a 3.8 GPA.
- Spiky Hair: His signature hair style.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Shane is physically attractive.
- Trapped by Gambling Debts: His motivation for playing the game. He finished pretty far.
- Undying Loyalty: To the Quack Pack. Unfortunately, his undying loyalty to his alliance ended up hurting him in the end.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Shane is shirtless at least 90% of the time.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Danielle throughout the season.
- Worthy Opponent: Dan saw Shane as this, which was his primary reason for evicting him and blindsiding him.
JENNIFER J. "JENN" ARROYO
BORN: March 20, 1975
AGE: 37 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Brooklyn, New York
COMPETITIONS WON: 1 POV
COACH: Mike "Boogie"
FINISHED: FIFTH PLACE (EVICTED 2-0), JUROR #5
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Jenn's name is interesting and unique.
- Badass Boast: Jenn is very outspoken when she wants to be.
- Badass Gay: Jenn is not the strongest competitor but she still managed to make it all the way to the Final 5.
- Big Applesauce: Jenn originally hails from New York.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jenn single-handedly saved the season by saving Dan with the POV.
- The Big Girl: Jenn is on the larger side.
- Brooklyn Rage: Understandable considering she is from New York.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can be humorous, especially in her DR sessions.
- The Determinator: Even though things are looking rather good for her with her and Joe being lesser targets, she took a punishment and won a crucial veto.
- Distaff Counterpart: Some fans saw Jenn as the female version of Big Brother 13's Adam Poch.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Jenn often complained about how she was frequently underestimated in the game.
- Expressive Hair: Jenn's hair is noticeable.
- Expy: Could be compared to Jennifer "Nakomis" Dedmon from Big Brother 5 and 7.
- Faux Action Girl: Jenn was not that strong of a competitor and she only won one POV.
- Gay Best Friend: To Danielle.
- Genre Blind: Apparently never thought to call Dan out on his lies as he got her evicted.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Jenn is a rocker and leather is a huge part of her attire.
- Hot-Blooded: Jenn is rather passionate and spunky.
- In-Series Nickname: JENN CITY.
- The Lad-ette: Jenn acts like one of the guys.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Jenn is a lesbian but she has some feminine qualities despite being a rocker chick.
- Living Prop: Jenn was considered to be a waste of a houseguest to many fans. She was a houseguest but she really did nothing to contribute to the game, whether it was entertainment, strategy, or competitiveness. She was the pure definition of either a coaster or a floater, depending on one's interpretation of those terms.
- The Load: Jenn was not a good competitor and she wasn't even that strong at strategy. Overall, Jenn is the epitome of a useless houseguest who did not contribute anything to the game.
- Multicolored Hair: Jenn's hair has streaks of pink in it.
- Non Action Girl: Only won one POV.
- One of the Boys: Jenn seems to bond better with the male houseguests (i.e. Frank, Boogie) than she does the female houseguests, although she did seem to have a good and genuine bond with Danielle, who was a Girly Girl.
- Out of Focus: Jenn wasn't noticeable on the show until she made a game changing move by saving Dan with the POV. Even Shane mentioned something about it:Shane: "Where did Jenn come from?"
- Reality Is Unrealistic: There have been people saying that she's "Too white". While you can see a little brown on her face, hispanic is actually a culture, not so much a race, as a lot of hispanic people can be considered "white".
- Spicy Latina: Jenn is of Puerto Rican American descent. Plus, she is very passionate, feisty and Hot-Blooded.
- Tattooed Crook: Jenn has numerous tattoos all over her body.
- Twofer Token Minority: She's an Hispanic lesbian.
- The Voiceless: Mostly on the feeds, and she seems to randomly pop up for a DR session or two on the televised shows. Unless she's smart enough to keep her mouth shut. And during the early game, she was - she still got more screentime than Adam.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: It's hard to tell how she manages to spend her time in the house, because she's rarely ever seen doing much on the feeds. That, and the house has a pretty strict ban on singing.
- Plus, justified - Music isn't allowed in the Big Brother House, so she can't sing any songs from Kittie without the feeds getting blocked.
JOSEPH "JOE" ARVIN
BORN: April 16, 1971
AGE: 41 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Schererville, Indiana
COMPETITIONS WON: None
FINISHED: SIXTH PLACE (EVICTED 3-0), JUROR #4
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- Action Dad: Subverted Trope. Joe was far from a good competitor.
- Bad Liar: Joe was not good at lying at all.
- Believing Their Own Lies : Joe would constantly believe and try to make himself and others believe it was true.
- Big Eater: Comes with being a chef for a living.
- Big Fun: Joe is a fun loving guy.
- The Big Guy: Joe is one of the larger set male houseguests of the season.
- The Cassandra: Comes across a little more on the live feeds than the show, but Joe actually did have effective game instincts and was good at figuring other people's plots and schemes. He was the only person to stay suspicious of Dan the whole way through. However after he's put on the block in week three, he's cut off from most of the alliances in the house, doesn't win any competitions, and is unable to make an impact in the game.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Many of the houseguests thought Joe was rather strange and off beat.
- The Cobbler's Children Have No Shoes: On a few occasions, he uses the bathroom, then handles food, and doesn't even wash his hands.
- Deadpan Snarker: Joe's DR's are quite witty and hilarious.
- Informed Ability: Zig-Zagged. He's a chef, but people usually call him a Lethal Chef. Then again though, it's worth pointing out that he may know how to cook, just make it good. Or maybe everyone was just poking fun with him.
- Elimination Houdini: While Frank was nominated more times overall, Joe faced eviction a total of five times.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Joe has a quick temper when provoked.
- Happily Married: He is one of the married house guests this season along with Dan, Janelle, and Britney.
- Hot-Blooded: Joe is passionate and hot headed.
- In-Series Nickname: Eagle Eye Joe.
- It's All About Me: Joe loves talking about himself and even making up stories about himself.
- Large Ham: Has a very over the top personality.
- Lethal Chef: But not everyone thinks he's the Team Chef!
- The Load: Probably the most useless houseguest of the season next to Jen. The guy contributed nothing to the game whatsoever.
- Motor Mouth: Once Joe gets talking, he can't stop, especially when it's about himself.
- The Munchausen: He claims that he invented the branding for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!.
- No Indoor Voice: Worse than even Sharon. But he only does it in the diary room; on the feeds he speaks with a normal volume.
"I'm Sarah and I'm Joe's- no, wait, I'M SARAH AND I'M JOE'S WIFE!"
- Hilariously lampshaded by his family who said, "STOP SHOUTING!"
- Lampshaded again by his wife:
- Wil even gets in on this!
- Non-Action Guy: Joe was not a competitor at all and never won a competition.
- Obsessed with Food: Joe is a chef after all so it is understandable.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: He was legitimately trying to win challenges, just could never catch up to the people he had 20 years on in physical challenges.
- The Pig Pen: Joe doesn't wash his hands after he uses the washroom. Yuck.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: Joe would often resort to kissing butt or even cooking for others in order to stay in the game.
- The Sixth Ranger: Was brought in as a last-minute replacement to somebody named Mike (not as in "Boogie"), who quit the competition just days before the season began.
- Team Chef: Uses this as part of his strategy.
- Yes-Man: Joe will basically do anything to please whenever is in power. He doesn't seem to have too much of a mind of his own.
FRANKLIN "FRANK" EUDY
BORN: April 24, 1984
AGE: 28 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Naples, Florida
COMPETITIONS WON: 3 HOH's, 3 POV's
COACH: Mike "Boogie"
FINISHED: SEVENTH PLACE (EVICTED 3-1), JUROR #3, AMERICA'S FAVORITE HOUSEGUEST (WON $25,000)
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- The Ace: After five weeks, he's managed to win HoH and Veto thrice, and has avoided eviction five times. Some think there's a certain reason for him being so great at the game, though...
- Arch-Enemy: Dan. The two were at odds with each other throughout the game and each were each other's target.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Moreso than Boogie as whenever he's not yelling at Ian or talking game with Jenn or Dan, he's bragging about how amazing he apparently is at the game, despite nearly getting evicted almost every week. However, he's lampshaded as a Worthy Opponent as he dodged elimination five times.
- Ascended Fanboy: Confirmed - he applied numerous times.
- Badass Boast: Frank often bragged about his game.
- Badass Family: Frank's father is the wrestler Sidney "Sid Vicious" Eudy.
- Bash Brothers: With Boogie, Dan and Ian.
- The Berserker: Frank is very competitive.
- Berserk Button: Ian voting out Mike and Ashley put him up to number one on Frank's enemy list.
- Betty and Veronica: Frank is the Veronica to Ian's Betty for Ashley's Archie.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Ian. Although they have had their ups and downs, Frank was still somewhat protective of him and looked out for him.
- The Big Guy/The Brute: His nickname is "Frank The Tank". Plus, Frank is the biggest and tallest male houseguest of the season at 6'2", towering over all of the women and even the men.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Frank is the Big Guy to Ian's Little Guy. While Frank is the tallest or largest male houseguest at 6'2", Ian is the shortest and smallest male houseguest at 5'5".
- Blood Knight: Frank is always willing to jump into a competition and he loves to put up a good battle or fight. He never backs down.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Frank is very loud, brash, cocky and opinionated.
- Born Lucky: One of the reasons he escaped being evicted? Dumb luck - had it not been for Willie's expulsion, he would have been evicted in week three.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Although Frank appears as though he is really intimidating, especially when he gets provoked into anger, he is actually a very sensitive and emotional person who does not take criticism or rejection well. It is obvious that Frank just wanted to be loved and respected by everyone else and he felt that he was alone and an outsider.
- The Bully: Frank displays bullying and intimidating behaviour, especially when he gets angry.
- Catch-Phrase: "Preesh."
- Companion Cube: His life sized teddy bear which he won during his first competition, Ted.
- Competition Freak: Frank was by far the most competitive houseguest of the season. He won a total of 7 competitions; the most competition wins for any houseguest of S14. Also, Frank was often a Sore Loser if he didn't win a competition.
- Control Freak: Frank is very controlling and dominating. He always has to be in complete control.
- Deadpan Snarker: Frank is very witty when he wants to be.
- Deep South: Originally hails from Arkansas.
- The Determinator: Frank is the most determined player in the game and he NEVER gives up.
- The Dragon: To Boogie, the Big Bad during the start of the season.
- Dragon Ascendant: Wore Boogie's T-shirt and hat after he left and arguably succeeded Boogie.
- Dragon Their Feet: Boogie was evicted before Frank and Frank does end up wanting to avenge Boogie's eviction by taking it out on Ian, Dan and Danielle.
- Drunk with Power: Whenever Frank received some sort of power, he let it get to his head. Turns out this was his ultimate downfall in the end.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Frank constantly wanted others in the house to show him respect for constantly fighting from week to week to stay in the house. Unfortunately, Frank's social game was terrible and therefore, nobody in the house respected him, even though he did fight to stay in the game.
- Dumb Jock/Dumb Muscle: Frank seems to be all brawn and little brains.
- Emotional Bruiser: Frank is actually emotional and sensitive.
- Entitled Bastard: Frank acted very entitled and would often blow up if things didn't go his way.
- Elimination Houdini: If there's anyone who can be called the Big Brother cockroach, it's him. Each time he's been nominated, he's either won the veto to take himself off the block, or worked up enough votes for the house to save him. It seems as though it might finally be the end of him, as Ian won HoH and will likely nominate him. Turns out, it does end up being the end for him. Ian did put him up, he lost the Veto, and Dan successfully tricked him into believing he was staying. Even after the producers told Jenn that Frank was going to be evicted. He was evicted that week in a vote of 3-1. You can tell he's surprised, as he grabs his stuff, hugs Jenn, and leaves.
- Emotional Bruiser: Frank is The Big Guy who is very physical and athletic, but he is also very emotional. Sometimes Frank can let his emotions gets the best of him.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Frank doesn't take it well at all when he is betrayed by both Dan and Ian in particular.
- Expressive Hair: Frank's hair is very noticeable.
- Expy: Could be compared to Brendon Villegas from Big Brother 12 and 13, considering how competitive he is and how he has won many competitions.
- The Everyman: Frank didn't have the most likeable personality, yet the audience also somewhat sympathized with him.
- Fire-Forged Friends: With Dan.
- Foil: To Dan and Ian. While Frank is both athletic and the strongest competitor of the season (along with Shane), Dan and Ian were not that physically strong, athletic and competitive (however, Ian did win a lot of competitions, although his competition wins were more mental than physical).Frank is physically strong while Dan and Ian were mentally and strategically strong. While Frank is more brash, arrogant, cocky and loud mouthed, Dan and Ian are more subdued, quiet and reserved. Frank seems to be more of the Dumb Jock variation, depending on his athleticism and competition wins to get far in the game while Dan and Ian are more of The Smart Guy's, depending on manipulation and strategy to get far in the game. Frank is physically athletic and built with a Heroic Build while Dan and Ian are physically slender and slight with a Geek Physique. Frank is more of a darker Anti-Hero (either TYPE II, TYPE III, TYPE IV, OR TYPE V) with strong Anti-Villain tendencies, while Dan is the Big Bad or Bigger Bad and Ian is a Nice Guy with Anti-Hero tendencies.
- Friendly Enemy: With Ian and Dan.
- Gentle Giant: Subverted Trope. Frank is the largest male houseguest of the season but he is definitely not the gentlest person. He has a huge temper and he shows that he can be very aggressive, especially when he is provoked into competitiveness or anger. In fact, sometimes Frank could come off as The Bully whenever he got into arguments with others. However, he did have his soft, tender and affectionate moments at times, particularly with Ian, Ashley and Boogie.
- Glory Hound: Constantly sought affirmation from others.
- Glory Seeker: Frank always wanted to win to prove himself and receive praise from others.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Frank loses his temper or his cool rather easily and is easily angered.
- Heartbroken Badass: Had two of his closest allies in Boogie and Ashley evicted back to back and he ended up alone in the game.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Boogie.
- Hot-Blooded: Frank is quick-tempered, passionate, competitive and impulsive.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Frank is the Huge Guy to Britney's Tiny Girl.
- In-Series Nickname: "FRANK THE TANK".
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Frank was a jerk but his heart was in the right place.
- Jerk Jock: BIG TIME.
- Keet: Frank has a very upbeat and energetic personality.
- Large Ham: Frank has a very wild and over the top personality. Everything about Frank is overdone and grandiose. Especially when it comes to competing.
- Lightning Bruiser: Frank is a very physical guy and he is also rather quick and fast, despite his height.
- Messy Hair: His hair stands out.
- Mr. Fanservice: Frank is physically appealing to the female viewers.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Frank sure used his athleticism to his advantage.
- Nice Hat: Frank is always seen wearing a cap.
- Number Two for Brains: Frank was all brawn and no brains. Boogie was the brains behind the operation.
- Rated M for Manly: Frank is the most masculine and testosterone filled male houseguest of the season.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Frank is the Red to Boogie, Dan and Ian's Blue.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Frank is the Manly Man to Dan and Ian's Sensitive Guy.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Frank has a short name, but man, does he have an ego the size or Russia.
- Sore Loser: Frank is highly competitive and does NOT take losing well at all.
- Southern Gentleman: Subverted Trope. Frank may be from the South, but he certainly does not have something called "Southern hospitality". He is very brash, arrogant and cocky and does not seem to have the best manners. He also has a Hair-Trigger Temper and is very Hot-Blooded. Definitely not the traits found in a traditionally "Southern gentleman".
- Spirited Competitor: Frank was highly competitive and athletic and he won a lot of competitions. He seemed to get a high off of winning, but he also had to win a lot because he was constantly targeted.
- Spoiled Brat: Frank came off as very spoiled, bratty and entitled. He would throw a fit and a temper tantrum, resorting to yelling at people when he did not get his way. He also came off as a very sore loser.
- True Companions: With Boogie and Ashley and at one point, Ian.
- Villainous Friendship: Frank was very close with Boogie and he considered Boogie his number one ally.
- Was It All a Lie?: Frank questions whether Ian had ever really had his and Boogie's backs in the game. After the Silent Six was formed and Shane nominates both Frank and Boogie, Frank comes to realize that the alliance that he and Boogie made (with Shane, Britney, Dan and Danielle) was basically non-existent.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His father is Sid freaking Vicious. According to him, he was went on the show, looking for approval from his dad, which he eventually got.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Frank mentions that one of his biggest fears are snakes.
- Wild Hair: His hair is definitely interesting and noticeable. It was his most defining physical feature.
- Worthy Opponent: Dan says he voted him out because there was no way to beat him.
BRITNEY ELIZABETH HAYNES
BORN: August 23, 1987
AGE: 24 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Tulsa, Oklahoma
OCCUPATION: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
COMPETITIONS WON: None
PLAYERS (AS COACH): Shane, JoJo, Willie
PREVIOUS SEASON: Big Brother 12 (FINISHED 4TH PLACE)
FINISHED: EIGHTH PLACE (EVICTED 4-1), JUROR #2
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- Action Fashionista: Britney loves clothing and makeup and is a very strong competitor.
- Action Girl: During Britney's season, she won 3 POV's and 1 HOH. During this season, Britney's action throughout the game was being a coach.
- Badass Adorable: Britney is very cute and she also kicks ass.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wore tops that revealed her midriff.
- Bash Sisters: First with Janelle. However, this is subverted after Britney decides to turn on Janelle due to a lack of trust. Britney later on becomes this with Danielle.
- Big Sister Instinct: Towards Ian. She was really protective of him. Also towards Danielle.
- Birds of a Feather: With Janelle. Both are married, both are blonde and both have been the casualties of a male alliance (Chilltown in Janelle's case and The Brigade in Britney's case).
- Born Lucky: Returns for her second time? Gets a free ride to week four.
- Brutal Honesty: Britney is very honest about her feelings and says exactly what she thinks and feels.
- Cry Cute: Britney is adorable when she cries.
- Cute Bruiser: Britney is petite but she is very strong competitively.
- The Cutie: Britney is very loveable and endearing.
- Deadpan Snarker: She always has a sarcastic, witty line, joke or comeback. Britney is actually the source of sarcasm, snark and wit.
- The Determinator: Britney is not the type to give up and she has a rather competitive nature.
- Et Tu, Brute?/Et Tu, Dan?: Britney didn't take it too well when she found out that Dan threw her under the bus and betrayed her.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Britney is considered to be attractive by most of the male house guests and audience.
- Girly Bruiser: Very girly and feminine but also a fighter competitively.
- Girly Girl: Britney is one of the girliest houseguests.
- Girl Next Door: Britney is a Southern Belle from Arkansas.
- Gossipy Hens: Britney loves to gossip, especially about other houseguests or what is going on in the house. It's part of her signature.
- Happily Married: To Ryan, her beloved husband.
- Hello, Nurse!: Britney is one of the most physically attractive female houseguests in Big Brother history.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Danielle. Britney became very close with Danielle and considered her to be her best friend in the house. They formed an two-person alliance called Alpha Omega Bye.
- Fag Hag: To Wil. She had a close bond with Will while she was in the house. Ironically during Big Brother 12, Britney also had a close relationship with Ragan.
- Fun Size: Is the smallest and most petite female houseguest in both this season and on Big Brother 12.
- The Lancer: To Dan, The Leader, of the Quack Pack.
- Little Miss Snarker: Britney is the smallest of all the houseguests and also the most sarcastic and the snarkiest.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Britney can be catty and bitchy but she is also super likeable and endearing.
- Mama Bear: Britney was really protective of Ian. She called out Frank and stood up to him when Frank was yelling at Ian.
- The Mentor: To Shane, JoJo and Willie during the 14th season. Britney was their coach for the season.
- Ms. Fanservice: Britney is considered to be one of the most physically attractive Big Brother female contestants.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Averted; she finished eighth.
- Nice Girl: Britney does have her catty moments, but she is generally nice and has a good heart.
- Noodle Incident: Is incredibly touchy towards talking about her relationship with Lane from Season 12.
- Older and Wiser: Swears to be this after her initial season on the show, in which she was blind-sighted by an alliance of boys. Dan proceeds to Break the Cutie even more when he blindsides her.
- Only Sane Woman: Of the Quack Pack.
- Pink Is Feminine: Britney seems to wear a lot of pink clothing.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Dan. Britney bonded with Dan in the game because they shared a lot in common, mostly because both of them were newly weds.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Britney's DR sessions never cease to be full of tons of humour and wit.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Britney is the Red to Janelle's Blue. Britney is more emotional and passionate while Janelle is more all of and emotionless.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Danielle. At first, Britney was the closest friends with Janelle, but later on, Britney developed a strong bond and friendship with Danielle.
- She's Got Legs: Britney is known to have very nice legs and she flaunts them by wearing shorts and short skirts.
- Show Some Leg: See She's Got Legs.
- The Smart Girl: Britney is actually very smart and savvy and she most definitely breaks the Dumb Blonde stereotype.
- The Snark Knight: Britney is Queen of Snark. There is never a moment that goes by when she doesn't make a sarcastic comment about someone or something. Britney is also known to be a huge gossip and talks a lot of smack about most of her fellow houseguests.
- Southern Belle: Britney originally hails from Arkansas.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Can be really sweet and can be really bitter, depending on who she is interacting with.
- Waif-Fu: The smallest female, but one of the strongest female competitors.
BORN: October 30, 1985
AGE: 26 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: West Hollywood, California
OCCUPATION: Mobile Spray Tanner
COMPETITIONS WON: None
FINISHED: NINTH PLACE (EVICTED 5-1), JUROR #1
JURY VOTE: VOTED FOR IAN
- Adorkable: Ashley has some very endearing qualities.
- Bare Your Midriff: Ashley wears tops that show off her midriff.
- Big Sister Instinct: Despite having a minor flirtmance with Ian, she always saw him as a little brother figure that she had to shield and protect.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's implied that Ashley was given plenty of painkillers over the feeds, in part because of her back injury. Confirmed a bit; she's much much less ditzy on the finale, when she's off her painkillers.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Ashley is a little on the clumsy side.
- The Cutie: Ashley is very loveable and endearing.
- Damsel in Distress: Ashley was consistently viewed as a weaker player.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ashley is very witty.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Her strategy for the Candy Counter Veto competition: "The Picture Method is to picture everything in pictures and see how many pictures can fit within the picture."
- The Ditz: Ashley defines this trope. She always comes off as if she has her head in the clouds.
- Dude Magnet: All of the guys in the house found Ashley attractive.
- Dumb Blonde: Ashley comes off as ditzy.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Ashley is popular with the guys in the house. She has the affections of Frank, Ian and Boogie. There was even a bit of a love triangle between herself, Frank and Ian. Although, Ashley did have more romantic feelings for Frank and saw Ian as more of a friend.
- Fag Hag: Ashley was very close friends with Wil.
- The Fashionista: Ashley seems to love clothing and fashion. Her personal style seems to be rather earthy in nature and when she dresses up, she looks completely different and even glamourous. Normally, Ashley is a Girl Next Door and a Granola Girl who dresses very casually.
- Flower in Her Hair: Ashley wears a lot of hair accessories and decorations as part of her signature and as part of her style. Most of the time, she is seen wearing variety of flowers in her hair. At times, she will even wear flower or floral crowns.
- The Fool: Ashley was completely unaware of what was going on in the game 90% of the time.
- Game-Breaking Injury: She actually had a horrible back spasm and had to be put on painkillers. As a result, she coudln't compete in one have not challenge, and was put on painkillers, in part contributing to her cuckoolanderish.
- Geeky Turn-On: In regards to Ian.
- Genki Girl: Ashley is very hyper, positive and upbeat.
- Girly Girl: Ashley is very girly and feminine.
- Girl Next Door: Ashley is friendly, sociable and kind and she is the type of girl that any one would want to befriend. Despite being quirky, offbeat and a little zany, everyone seemed to love Ashley in the house.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Went on a mock-date with Ian and even kissed him during a game of Spin the Bottle.
- Granola Girl: Ashley is very environmental and nature oriented.
- Hair Decoration: Ashley always wore some kind of hair accessory in her hair, whether it was barrettes, flowers, clips, headbands or floral crowns. Her hair accessories were part of her signature style.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Ashley is very kind hearted, friendly and caring. She has shown that she is very environmental and cares about nature and the environment. She has also shown that she is a very loyal friend.
- Hello, Nurse!: One of the attractive female houseguests of the season. Many of the male houseguests are drawn to her and are attracted to her. This includes Ian, Frank and Boogie. Ashley ends up showing the most romantic interest in Frank though,
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Ashley is the Tiny Girl to Frank's Huge Guy. Frank is The Big Guy and he is about 6'5" tall while Ashley is very small and is less than 5'5" tall. Ashley only comes up to Frank's shoulder as Frank completely towers over her.
- Just Friends: How she sees Ian. Unfortunately for Ian, he doesn't feel the same way as Ashley and he continues to crush on her hardcore. Ian even manages to get jealous of the fact that Ashley openly admitted that she has more romantic inclinations and feelings towards Frank.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: For Ian. Ian found Ashley attractive, yet it was considered to be an Odd Couple, because Ian doesn't seem like he would be Ashley's type. Despite this, Ashley did bring out some of Ian's spontaneity and brought him out of his socially awkward shell.
- Ms. Fanservice: Ashley is physically attractive.
- Nice Girl: She is probably the least catty female houseguest of the season and she is very sweet and kind to everyone. Especially in comparison to other girls in the house such as Danielle (who was more of a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing) and JoJo who is a loud mouthed Hard-Drinking Party Girl.
- Non Action Girl: Never won any competitions.
- Opposites Attract: With Ian. She is the popular and ditzy blonde girl and Ian is the socially awkward nerd who is also very intelligent.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Ashley is actually very funny despite being completely out of it most of the time.
- Plucky Girl: Ashley is very optimistic and positive.
- The Pollyanna: See Plucky Girl.
- Romance on the Set: With both Ian and Frank.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Ashley is the Energetic Girl to Ian's Savvy Guy. Ashley is the eternal optimist who is The Idealist and is always happy while Ian is the smart and intelligent guy who is very practical and brings Ashley back down to earth.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A lot of people point out that she was probably cast to be this to Jordan. Both happen to be not too bright, but happen to have a heart of gold.
- Unwanted Harem: Ashley had Ian, Frank and Boogie wanting a showmance with her.
Mike "Boogie" Malin
MIKE "BOOGIE" MALIN
BORN: July 16, 1970
AGE: 41 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Los Angeles, California
OCCUPATION: Restaurant Owner
COMPETITIONS WON: 1 Coaches Competition
PLAYERS (AS COACH): Jenn, Frank, Ian
PREVIOUS SEASON(S): Big Brother 2 (FINISHED 8TH PLACE) and Big Brother All Stars (FINISHED 1ST PLACE, WINNER)
FINISHED: TENTH PLACE (EVICTED 5-2)
- Affably Evil: Can be polite when he wants to be but will gladly stab you in the back with a smile on his face. He is pretty ruthless and manipulative, although not nearly as manipulative as Will and Dan.
- Arch-Enemy: Janelle. Boogie has disliked or hated Janelle (or better to put it, had a rivalry with Janelle) for the longest period of time going all the way back to Big Brother All Stars. One can assume that Boogie hates Janelle because she was the one who was responsible for voting Will out at Final 4, when it was clearly evident that Boogie wanted himself and Will in the Final 2 together. Basically, Janelle crushed Boogie's "Chilltown Final 2" dreams and ever since then, Boogie has strongly hated and resented her. Boogie even manages to successfully get Janelle evicted from the house and in his goodbye message to Janelle, he even said that he got her evicted for Will.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Even when he's not trying to be funny, he goes around talking about how awesome he is and asks why the hell he's not the one being targeted for eviction.
- Asshole Victim: Boogie was backstabbed and betrayed by his own player, Ian, who had turned on both Mike and Frank and formed a new alliance with Shane, Britney, Dan and Danielle called The Quack Pack. On top of it, Ian was gathering information from both Boogie and Frank to give or tell to his new alliance. So, when it comes down to it, Boogie's demise was because of Ian.
- Badass Boast: Mike constantly boasts how good of a player he is and because he is such a good player, that he should be nominated. In fact, Mike is downright offended when he is not nominated.
- Bash Brothers: With Frank. After the coaches were put into the game, Boogie's relationship with Frank was no longer a coach-player relationship and it became more of a close friendship and fraternal bond. In fact, Boogie was so close to Frank, he was willing to sacrifice his own game so that Frank could stay and get far.
- Big Bad: Mike is the villain at the beginning of the season, although after he is evicted, Dan takes over the role. And let's just say that in comparison to Dan, Mike was tame.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Frank. Boogie seemed to have a strong fraternal bond with Frank and Franke became more than just his student, he became his strongest ally in the game.
- Born Lucky: Third time he plays? He gets a free pass to the fourth week. For that matter, consider that he even got to come back once, given that he didn't even make it to the half way point of Big Brother 2, he's certainly Born Lucky.
- The Chessmaster: Mike is very cunning and manipulative when he wants to be. He could give Dan a run for his money. Although, if you look at Will and Dan, Boogie is no where near the mastermind and manipulator that they were.
- The Comically Serious: Mike makes witty comments but he comes off as serious at the same time. He almost looks like he is trying to not come off as funny or that he is not trying to look like he is saying something witty. Sometimes, he even looks downright annoyed.
- Companion Cube: Ted, who was a giant stuffed bear. Who even came out of the house with his friend, Frank. Ted was so popular during the season that some even saw him as a houseguest.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mike is very witty and sarcastic. He showcases his very snarky sense of humour during his DR sessions.
- Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead: Did this when Janelle was evicted. In his good bye message, he told Janelle that she was "forever the bridesmaid, but never the Big Brother bride".
- Disc-One Final Boss: Mike was evicted and came in 6th place.
- Evil Mentor: To Frank, Ian, and to a lesser extent, Jenn. Although they were all of his players, Boogie had more influence over Frank and Ian's games than he did Jenn's. Much of Frank's game depended on Boogie because Frank was the Brawns and Mike was the Brains in their dynamic duo. Boogie was more of a father figure than a mentor to Ian and he treated him more as a son than as a student.
- Genre Blind: Just goes for $10,000 on a challenge instead of the Head of Household for safety. Interestingly enough, Mike was evicted the exact same week he chose to take the 10 grand.
- Happily Married: Boogie is also a father of a son named Brady.
- Hypocrite: When Danielle does not put him up? He goes around and asks why the heck she's not trying to get rid of him. Then when Shane puts him up? He just falls apart.
- Jerkass: BIG TIME. Boogie is known to not be likeable and he seems to be one of the most disliked houseguests of Big Brother.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Mike is strategically very smart.
- Laser-Guided Karma: He gives a very very insulting speech to Janelle as she leaves. When he is evicted, Britney does the same.
- Like a Son to Me: How he saw Ian. Although he cared about all of his players (Frank, Ian, and Jenn) and had a very close relationship with Frank, it is obvious that Boogie saw Ian as a surrogate son. He was very protective of him and he definitely spoiled him more so than Jenn. It is understandable why Boogie would view Ian this way considering that he is the youngest of his players and also, the youngest houseguest in the house. Ian, in turn, saw Boogie as a father figure and The Mentor. Ian made it very clear that he admired and looked up to Boogie and had a tremendous amount of respect for him as a player and as a person. Ian had even made a DR comment saying that him and Boogie are Like Father, Like Son and he also felt extremely guilty and saddened that he had to vote Boogie out.
- The Mentor: To Ian, Frank and Jenn during the season.
- Manipulative Bastard: Boogie is very manipulative and cunning.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Averted; but there was no way he could do any better than his second chance short of a unanimous win anyways.
- Non-Action Guy: Mike didn't win that many competitions this season in comparison to his other two seasons and he relied more on strategy.
- Older and Wiser: This was his third time on the show, after winning All Stars.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His name is Mike, but everybody in the house either calls him Boogie or "Mike Boogie."
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Boogie is the Red to Dan's Blue. Boogie is more emotional and reckless, while Dan is more calm and logical.
- Rule of Three: This was Mike's third time playing Big Brother. The first time he played was Big Brother 2 (his original season) and the second time he played was Big Brother 7 (the season in which he won).
- Smug Smiler: It seems to be his signature expression.
- Smug Snake: Boogie is one of the most arrogant players by far.
- Smug Super: Mike is extremely arrogant and cocky.
- The Strategist: Mike is one of the most strategic players in the game.
- Take That!: Delivers a rude one to Janelle.
- Worthy Opponent: When Ian is the person who outs his intentions to the house, he smiles and says that he really did learn from the best.
WILLIAM "WIL" HEUSER
BORN: July 28, 1987
AGE: 25 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Louisville, Kentucky
OCCUPATION: Marketing Consultant
COMPETITIONS WON: None
FINISHED: ELEVENTH PLACE (EVICTED 6-2)
- Agent Peacock: Will clearly takes care of himself and takes care and pride in his appearance. Will is highly campy, effeminate, vain and even androgynous and pretty in looks. In addition to that, Wil is also strong and competitive at the same time. It is possible theta Will could have been just as strong as a competitor and just as much of a physical threat as Shane and Frank.
- Badass Gay: Wil was seen as a strong competitor. It was a major reason why Frank and everyone else wanted him out of the game. However, Wil's competitiveness could bee seen as overrated as there wasn't much proof that Will was a physical threat since he didn't actually win any competitions during his time in the game.
- Bishōnen: Wil is very androgynous, has soft and refined facial features and is rather feminine looking. He has clear blue eyes, clear skin, nice bone structure, full lips and long blond hair. He is reasonably tall, slender and slight in physique and he has no body hair. Although he is not a hunk such as Shane and Frank and he is significantly less masculine than the both of them, Wil still has some masculine qualities about him. His bone structure is rather masculine despite having a soft and androgynous appearance. In some shots, one would think that Wil was a masculine looking woman.
- Brutal Honesty: Wil is very sarcastic and honest. He never hesitates to speak his mind, especially during his DR sessions. Wil is one of the few houseguests who didn't take crap from Janelle and told Janelle exactly what was on his mind.
- Camp Gay: Clearly by looking at him, he has some effeminate qualities. Wil is very androgynous looking. He even dresses up in drag and wears makeup and women's clothing on occasion, although he often dresses up as woman for humorous reasons or for theatrics. His mannerisms and talking or speaking manner are also very effeminate as well. Willie even insensitively made fun of Wil having a "gay voice".
- The Dandy: Will takes pride in his appearance. He is intensely concerned about his clothing and his physical appearance and he is almost always well groomed and well put together. He also seems to take pride in his body and is physically fit.
- Deadpan Snarker: Wil is very funny and witty.
- Disguised in Drag: Often dresses up as a woman for humor.
- Drag Queen: Only outside of the game. Wil is often seen wearing women's clothing and dressing up as a woman but only for theatrics and for humorous purposes. Other than that, Wil dresses very normally and actually does not wear makeup in everyday life.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Wil can pass for a woman in some angles.
- Informed Ability: Wil was constantly said to be a strong competitor but he never actually won any competitions.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Especially in the fact that he takes pride in his appearance.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Wil's long hair definitely adds to his effeminate qualities.
- Magical Queer: Wil was basically the Gay Best Friend to everyone that constantly complimented all of his straight friends.
- Mr. Fanservice: Wil is very physically attractive.
- Nice Guy: Wil is a generally kind and caring person, despite his occasional cattiness.
- Non-Action Guy: Never won any competitions despite being labeled as a strong competitor.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Ashley.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Wil is one of the funniest and most humorous houseguests.
- Pretty Boy: See Mr. Fanservice.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Wil is the Sensitive Guy to Frank's Manly Man.
- Sharp Dressed Man: Wil is always well dressed no matter what.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Similar to Ashley, it's been pointed out that he has a few similarities with Kevin Campbell (from Big Brother 11).
JANELLE MARIE PIERZINA
BORN: January 10, 1980
AGE: 32 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Lakeville, Minnesota
OCCUPATION: House Wife
COMPETITIONS WON: 2 Coaches Competitions
'''PLAYERS (AS COACH): Wil, Ashley, Joe
PREVIOUS SEASON(S): Big Brother 6 (FINISHED 3RD PLACE) and Big Brother All Stars (FINISHED 3RD PLACE)
FINISHED: TWELFTH PLACE (EVICTED 8-1)
- Action Fashionista: Janelle is both an Action Girl and The Fashionista.
- Action Mom: Is considered one of the game's best-ever players, managing to win a lot of competitions.
- All Women Love Shoes: Janelle loves shoes, especially high heels.
- Arch-Enemy: Boogie. They have had animosity towards each other since All-Stars.
- Beauty Is Bad: Janelle can be very bitchy and catty.
- Birds of a Feather: With Britney. Both are married and both are blondes. Not to mention that both Janelle and Britney have been the victim of being played by a male alliance (with Janelle being played by Chilltown and Britney being played by The Brigade).
- Blonde Republican Sex Kitten: Janelle openly admits that she is Republican and votes Conservative.
- Born Lucky: Third time she plays? She gets a free ride to week four.
- But then she gets evicted immediately after the reset. And most surprisingly, there's no sudden twist to bail her out.
- Brainless Beauty: Janelle is an excellent competitor but when it comes to strategy, she is not very smart or bright.
- Buxom Is Better: Has large breasts and flaunts them.
- Competition Freak: Janelle has won multiple competitions.
- Deadpan Snarker: Janelle is very witty and sarcastic.
- The Determinator: One of the most determined and persistent players in the game.
- The Ditz: Janelle is not that smart or sharp strategically.
- Emotionless Girl: Openly admits that she is not an emotional person at all.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Dr. Will certainly did and so do many of the male viewers.
- The Fashionista: Janelle has a penchant for clothing and fashion. She loves to dress up.
- Genius Ditz: Janelle is excellent competitively but she has always lacked strategically in the game. Janelle's lack of strategy is the main reason why she has never won Big Brother.
- Genki Girl: Janelle is upbeat and enthusiastic especially when she gets excited.
- Girly Bruiser: Janelle is the strongest female competitor on Big Brother history.
- Girly Girl: She is extremely girly and feminine.
- Happily Married: Much like the rest of her fellow coaches.
- House Wife: What she is for a living. In past seasons, Janelle was a cocktail waitress.
- Ice Queen: Janelle comes off as emotionless, icy and aloof.
- In-Series Nickname: "Janie" and "JEDI JANIE".
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Janelle is an excellent competitor but she is equally bad at strategy.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Janelle can be fashionable and made up and still kick ass.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Janelle can be bitchy but she is super likeable.
- Mama Bear: Although she doesn't see anything wrong with going on the show right after she just had a baby.
- The Mentor: To Wil, Ashley and Joe during the 14th season.
- Minnesota Nice: Janelle is originally from Minnesota.
- Ms. Fanservice: Janelle is one of the most beautiful and physically attractive female houseguests in Big Brother history and she is very popular with the male audience.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Subverted; she didn't even make the Jury!
- Older and Wiser: This was her third season on the show.
- Only Sane Woman: Janelle (along with Dan) seems to be the most calm, rational and emotionless out of all of the coaches.
- Pink Means Feminine: Janelle seems to love the colour pink.
- Plucky Girl/The Pollyanna: Despite not being overly emotional, Janelle comes off as happy go lucky and positive.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Janelle is the Blue to Britney's Red.
- The Rival: To Boogie. They have had a rivalry since Big Brother All Stars.
- The Stoic: Janelle doesn't show any emotion.
- Take That!: When she sees what Boogie said? She calls him a loser and then says that he's such a douchebag. Suffice to say, her personal moment of awesome.
- Team Mom: Janelle is a mother of a daughter, Violet.
- Unable to Cry: Janelle openly admits that she is not a crier at all.
Jo Jo Spatafora
JOSEPHINE "JO JO" SPATAFORA
BORN: August 27, 1985
AGE: 26 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Staten Island, New York
COMPETITIONS WON: None
FINISHED: THIRTEENTH PLACE (EVICTED 5-1)
- All Women Love Shoes: JoJo seems to have a penchant for shoes. She loves her high heels.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Jo Jo is icy and aloof.
- Alpha Bitch: Came off as this while she was in the house. JoJo was rather competitive and boisterous in personality.
- Attention Whore: Jo Jo loves to be the centre of attention.
- The Bartender: Jo Jo works in a bar for a living.
- Betty and Veronica: Jo Jo was the Veronica to Danielle's Betty for Shane's Archie.
- Big Applesauce: JoJo is from Staten Island, New York.
- Brainless Beauty: Jo Jo is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Brooklyn Rage: JoJo is originally from Staten Island,m New York. Sh definitely fits the trope as she is on the aggressive and edgy side.
- Brutal Honesty: She is very opinionated, blunt and says exactly what is on her mind.
- Buxom Is Better: Jo Jo takes pride in her large buxom.
- Cluster F-Bomb: JoJo curses a lot.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can be funny and sarcastic when she wants to.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Season 12's Enzo.
- The Ditz: She seems to come off as not so intelligent or smart. Her talking manner is a huge give away.
- Drama Queen: A mild version. She tends to blow things out of proportion and makes things seem much bigger than they are. Part of being an Attention Whore who likes to be the centre of attention.
- The Fashionista: JoJo loves clothing and dressing up.
- Faux Action Girl: On the outside, it looks like JoJo would be a competitor but in reality, she turned out to be useless in competitions.
- Femme Fatale: Used her sexuality in the game by flirting with Shane.
- Foil: To Danielle. Danielle is a Southern Belle from Alabama while JoJo is a Hard-Drinking Party Girl from New York.
- The Fool: JoJo was rather clueless in the game.
- Genki Girl: JoJo is outgoing and high energy.
- Gossipy Hen: JoJo was the gossip queen of the house.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She drank almost as much as the guys. She seems to be a huge party girl as well.
- Hello, Nurse!: Jo Jo is a very attractive woman.
- Hot-Blooded: JoJo is very emotional, quick tempered and hot headed.
- Jerkass: JoJo is very confrontational, catty and bitchy.
- The Lad-ette: Although she is feminine, JoJo is somewhat aggressive, edgy and rough around the edges.
- Large Ham: Has a very large and over the top personality.
- Lady Swears A Lot: Jo Jo swears constantly, probably just as much as the guys.
- Life of the Party: JoJo seems very outgoing and the life of a party.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Shane. JoJo is much more aggressive and edgier than Shane, who is more passive and sensitive.
- Motor Mouth: JoJo talks a lot.
- Ms. Fanservice: One of the attractive female houseguests of the season.
- Non Action Girl: She was not very competitive.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her real name is Josephine, but she prefers to be called JoJo.
- Out of Focus: Did anyone even notice JoJo on the show despite her loud personality?
- Plucky Girl: JpJo is very optimistic, upbeat and has a generally positive attitude and outlook on things.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: JoJo is the Energetic Girl to Shane's Savvy Guy.
- She's Got Legs: JoJo's legs are one of her best assets. Even Shane made comments about how impressive they were.
- Show Some Leg: She often wears tight or revealing clothing that shows off her legs, especially shorts or skirts. She is rarely seen wearing jeans.
- Small Name, Big Ego: JoJo could give Frank a run for his money in regards to who has the biggest ego.
- Smug Snake: [Jo Jo=] comes across as very arrogant, smug and now it all. The fact of the matter is that she doesn't really know that much at all and she is pretty clueless.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Evicted by the house third, but was the fourth evictee overall.
WILLIAM "WILLIE" HANTZ
BORN: October 17, 1977
AGE: 34 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Dayton, Texas
COMPETITIONS WON: 1 HOH
FINISHED: FOURTEENTH PLACE (EXPELLED/KICKED OUT)
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Willie is Russell Hantz's youngest brother.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Willie thought he was one of the strongest in the house. Arrogance seems to run in the Hantz genes.
- Asshole Victim: Willie became his own worst enemy due to his constant paranoia, and headbutting another houseguest, which could have possibly hospitalized them, was the last straw for not only the other houseguests, but Big Brother themselves, who disqualified him for it.
- Badass Beard: He sports a beard, although it comes off as more Perma-Stubble.
- Badass Boast: Willie wasn't afraid to call anyone out.
- Badass Family: His brother is Russell Hantz and his nephew is Brandon Hantz.
- Bald of Awesome: Had the least amount of hair out of all of the male houseguests.
- Being Evil Sucks: Willie's erratic and unpredictable behaviour ended up hitting him real hard in the end.
- Berserk Button: Don't throw him under the bus or make him look like a fool. He will go nuts.
- The Berserker: Willie ended up head butting Joe and getting expelled from the game all because Joe called him out on being a sore loser.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Ultimately turned out to be this when he was thrown out of the house by the producers early in the game.
- Big Eater: Like his brother Russell, he has a large appetite.
- The Big Guy: Subverted on a visual level, considering that he is not tall at all.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Willie is a slightly nicer version of his older brother Russell.
- The Bully: Some of Willie's behaviour is intimidating. Taken up several notches when Willie ends up head butting Joe, something the showrunners HATED; they expelled Willie immediately.
- Can't Take Criticism: Got expelled from the game because he got physical with Joe after Joe called Willie out.
- Catch-Phrase: Froot Loops.
- Control Freak: Willie wanted to be in complete control of everything. He didn't like following Britney's orders.
- Deep South: Originally from Texas.
- Defiant to the End: Willie always refused to follow Britney's orders. Because of his unwillingness to do so, he ended up making his team mates not trust him.
- The Determinator: Willie is very persistent and when he wants something, he will do anything to get it.
- Drunk with Power: Willie's HOH reign made him become power hungry and paranoid.
- Entitled Bastard: Willie acted like a Spoiled Brat as soon as he was out of power.
- Fat Bastard: Averted. Willie is not really fat and he is actually slimmer than Russell.
- Faux Affably Evil: Can be polite if he wants but his true Hantz colours will eventually show.
- Grumpy Bear: Willie was rarely in a good mood. He was only in a good mood if things were going his way.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: One small thing can set Willie off.
- His Own Worst Enemy: Willie himself is the reason why he lost a chance at winning half a million dollars and cannot return to Big Brother.
- Hot-Blooded: Willie is emotional, hot headed and impulsive, very much like Russell.
- Humiliation Conga: Following his abrupt expulsion from the house, he was arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Innocent Bigot: Willie made fun of Wil's gay voice and mannerisms.
- Innocently Insensitive: Willie has a habit of making insensitive comments and remarks about others.
- It's All About Me: Willie is very selfish and self centred. He doesn't seem to take much consideration into what his team mates and fellow houseguests have to say.
- Jerkass: Not as much as his brother Russell, but it's there. It seems to be a common gene within the Hantz genes or family.
- Jerkass Has a Point: It turns out that Willie had every right to be paranoid and worried about the coaches possibly entering the game.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Willie is definitely MUCH nicer than his brother, Russell.
- Large Ham: Willie is a little bit over the top in his actions and mannerisms.
- The Napoleon: Just like his brother Russell. They are built very similar.
- Nervous Wreck: Willie was constantly paranoid.
- Never My Fault: Willie never takes responsibility for what he does wrong and instead, he consistently chooses to blame others for his problems or if things go wrong.
- Nice Hat: Willie is always wearing a cap.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Was expelled from the house after getting particularly violent one night and headbutting someone hard, immediately prompting Big Brother to call him into the diary room and kick him out of the house for injuring another contestant.
- Not Good with People: Willie doesn't seem to get along with any of his fellow teammates and he clashes with other houseguests, which hit a tipping point with his encounter with Joe, forcing CBS/Viacom to rip him out of the house and uninvite him and the rest of the Hantzes from returning for Finale Night.
- Not So Different: Comes into the game promising to play a smarter and nicer game than his brother, Russell Hantz. Within the first week, his paranoid behavior leads to his alliance exploding and multiple fights breaking out. He's eventually kicked out of the game for violence against Joe.
- Perma-Stubble: A cross between this and a Beard of Evil.
- Poor Communication Kills: Willie had serious problems communicating and listening to his coach Britney. Because of this, Britney and the rest of his team (JoJo, Shane) began to distrust him and see him as a liability.
- Properly Paranoid: You just know he said "I Knew It!" when the coaches entered the game.
- Heck, players were saying I KNEW IT when he showed up.
- Sanity Slippage: Had a major one when he was out of power and became a Have Not. He ended up getting into a fight with Joe and head butting him for Joe calling him out on his sore loser behaviour. As a result of Willie's behaviour towards Joe, he ends up being expelled and removed from the game right after this.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Not nearly as much as Russell though.
- Smug Snake: Willie has spades of arrogance that lead to his acrimonious exit from the house by the producers, however, it is nothing compared to Russell.
- Sore Loser: Willie hates to lose and he doesn't react well to it, leading to him forfeiting the game through expulsion and the Hantz family becoming unable to go to the finale.
- Southern Gentleman: When he's not being a Big Bad Wannabe.
- Spoiled Brat: Does not take losing very well and basically lost it when he was out of power and was chosen to be a Have Not. It basically caused him to have a breakdown and for him to get expelled from the game; Big Brother also banned him from returning.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Some of his fellow housemates picked up on the resemblance between him and his brother on the first night, asking if they were related. He denied the claims initially, of course, but eventually outed the truth to everybody.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Willie is extremely snarky and sarcastic. Another Hantz trait.
- Team Killer: Willie tried to jeopardize himself, his teammates and his coach Britney.
- Teen Pregnancy: Willie became a father during his teens and he has two teenage children at the age of 34.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Was drafted to Britney's team, despite stating in pre-season interviews that he didn't like her at all.
- Token Evil Teammate: In comparison to his other teammates in JoJo and Shane and his coach Britney, Willie was definitely trouble and bad news.
- Too Dumb to Live: Acted like a sore loser, didn't communicate with his team members and refused to listen to his own coach's advice, which only led to him becoming extremely paranoid and causing him to do something so foolish which ended up costing him the game.
- Übermensch: It always had to be Willie's way or the high way. Otherwise, he would throw a fit.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Never appreciated Britney as his coach or her advice.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: His expulsion was probably the reason that Frank was saved in week three.
- Use Your Head: Was expelled for headbutting Joe, saying "Hit me! Hit me!"
- Villainous Breakdown: Gets severely frustrated and angered when he realizes that he is out of power completely. Willie reaches his breaking point when Joe calls him out on his crappy behaviour. Willie ends up chasing and confronting Joe and head butting him, which resulted in Willie getting expelled from the game.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Especially since he was being set up as the villain of the season.
BORN: February 26, 1983
AGE: 29 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Los Angeles, California
FINISHED: FIFTEENTH PLACE (EVICTED 5-3)
- Always Second Best/Always Someone Better: Danielle felt this way about Kara in regards to Dan.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wears tops that reveal her midriff.
- Beauty Equals Goodness: Kara is beautiful and is a very nice girl.
- The Bore: Kara was very nice but she was super boring and dull.
- Cry Cute: Kara doesn't show much emotion, but when she does cry or shed a few tears, she manages to still look pretty doing it. To emphasize, Kara is a pretty crier.
- Dude Magnet: All of the male house guests found Kara beautiful and attractive.
- Emotionless Girl: Kara never showed that much emotion while she was in the house.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Kara is a very attractive blonde.
- The Fashionista: Seemed to like fashion and clothing.
- Foil: To JoJo. While Kara is blonde, JoJo is dark haired. Kara is shy and The Stoic while JoJo is outgoing and Hot-Blooded. Kara is more of a Nice Girl while JoJo is more of an Alpha Bitch. While Kara is a Girly Girl who is very feminine, JoJo is more aggressive, edgy and The Lad-ette.
- Hello, Nurse!: Kara is a highly attractive female and she appeals to the male audience.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: One of her physical defining features.
- Kuudere: Kara is a Type I.
- Ms. Fanservice: Kara is appealing to the male viewing audience and also, to the male houseguests (Shane, Ian, Frank, Dan, etc) all found Kara very physically attractive.
- Nice Girl: Kara is polite, kind, sweet and down to earth.
- No Social Skills: Kara is a nice girl but she has little to no social skills. She was very shy and even came off as socially awkward around the other houseguests.
- Playboy Bunny: Kara is a Playboy model.
- The Quiet One: Even her normal speaking tone was just barely above a whisper.
- She's Got Legs: Shane even mentions how nice her legs are.
- Shrinking Violet: Kara was very shy and introverted.
- The Stoic: Doesn't show much emotion.
- Stripperific: Well, she was a Playboy model.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: She was the first housemate evicted by the house, as opposed to the coach.
AGE: 42 (at time of competition)
HOMETOWN: Calipatria, California
OCCUPATION: Restaurant Server
COMPETITIONS WON: None
FINISHED: SIXTEENTH PLACE (EVICTED BY DAN)
- Ascended Fangirl: Which is part of the reason a lot of people were really disappointed, pre-show interviews showed her that she really wanted to be on the show.
- The Big Girl: The largest female houseguest of the season.
- The Ghost: Despite being evicted after only 24 hours (or 48 hours) in the house, she was still one of the most talked about evicted houseguests.
- Happily Married: One of the married houseguests this season along with Dan, Britney, Joe, and Janelle.
- The Load: Jodi was a terrible competitor.
- Nice Lady: She seemed nice for the short time she was in the house.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: Was not evicted by the house, but rather, Dan, upon being forced to evict one member of his team after they were the last to place in the first HoH comp.
- Older Than They Look: Would you believe that aside from Boogie, she's the oldest houseguest?
- Picked Last: She was the last housemate to be drafted to a coach's team on the first day.
- Team Mom: She was one of the mothers of the season along with Janelle.
- Token Minority: She was the only black housemate this season. And she got evicted first.
- Twofer Token Minority: Jodi is the only black woman cast on the season.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: She was evicted on the first day.