open/close all folders
- Catch-Phrase: "Big Brother house, this is Davina. You are live on Channel 4. Please do not swear!" and " You Have 30 seconds to say your goodbyes. I'm coming to get you!"
- Gameshow Host
- Team Mom
- Camp Gay
- Catch-Phrase: "Big Brother House, this is Brian ... your time has come" and "you've lost your place in the Big Brother House. You have 30 seconds to say your goodbyes."
- Also, when telling the viewers to not vote if they're watching a repeat, "You're just too late!"
- Gameshow Host
- Older and Wiser: Is a former houseguest, and won Ultimate Big Brother before becoming the new host.
- Catch-Phrase: "Big Brother House, this is Emma ... The viewers have spoken, your fate is sealed."
- Nice Girl
- Team Mom
Marcus BentleyThe narrator, who like Mike Goldman, has been narrator for every series.
- Catch-Phrase: "Dyah (x) in the Big Brother house" and "You decide!"
- The Narrator
- British Accents: Has a strong Geordie accent.
- Berserk Button: Don't talk about Season 15. She almost went off on a particular contestant that year for leveling racist remarks at Asians.
- Catch-Phrase: "But first . . . "
- Deadpan Snarker: Can make a few jokes at a houseguest's expense, all while keeping her professional persona.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the first few seasons, Julie hosted the show more akin to a news anchor, and there was no live studio audience. Her voice was also subdued and flat. In later seasons, she has grown comfortable with the role of show host and adds a touch of personality to things.
- Game Show Host: Naturally.
- The Stoic: Is almost always able to hold her own, even when interviewing some of the zanier houseguests. The only people who've been able to make her corpse are William "Mega" Collins from season 1 (bellowing "YEAH!! YEAH!!" as he entered the house, getting her to break into full laughter- from before she became a well-sharpened stoic), Zach Rance from season 16 upon his eviction (getting up to leave without needing to be told he was evicted), and Johnny Mac from season 17 ("YEA, WHADDYA WANT?").
The Zingbot 3000/9000
- Catch-Phrase: ZING!
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: Later seasons have houseguests giving their own zingers to each other (or Zingbot himself) in the Diary Room, and always imitate his trademark "ZING!" afterwards.
- Characterization Marches On: As the seasons have gone by, Zingbot has been shown starting a family, getting married in Season 13, having a child in Season 14, and celebrating his child's first birthday in Season 15, and being single again in Season 17, which upgraded him to 9000. Well, motivated him to upgrade himself. And as of Season 19, he's the President of his home world, Planet Zing... but he may have colluded with President Puntin of Planet Pun.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Flat Character: Justified. Zingbot's one purpose is to crack zings at people, nothing more, nothing less. Although he has become President of Planet Zing as of late...
- Funny Background Event: During the second eviction of Big Brother 13, the Zingbot is in the audience holding a sign saying, "Comic-con or bust". He actually did attend Comic-con in 2011. Also, during the double eviction of Big Brother 18, Zingbot held a new sign saying "Zingbot for President" a competition that actually happened the next week after Zakiyah and Bridgette were evicted. Although, given that this also coincided with the timing of the 2016 presidential election, one's reaction might become a wee bit uncomfortable... but becomes downright hilarious in hindsight when Zingbot reveals he became president of his home planet in Big Brother 19.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: His debut. He just randomly dropped in on the house, snuck into the bedrooms, then began blaring a siren to wake them up (because no one had ever met him yet and thus had no telltale stimulus to properly react to beyond raw noise to wake them up).
- No Indoor Voice: Zingbot seems to shout every thing he says.
- Not Himself: Coupled with We Want Our Jerk Back- in Season 16, Zingbot was malfunctioning and giving contestants "props" instead of "zings", which necessitated the need for an even bigger insult comic to show up... Kathy Griffin. She explained Zingbot needed to be rebooted due to a glitch... after which, he returned to his old, zinging self.
- Running Gag: He comes in and insults everyone. Naturally, everyone talks about how good/bad the zings were, and then zings everyone else. Also, Zingbot likes to declare "I'M BAA~~AACK!!!" and show up in the wee hours of the morning and declare, "WAKE UP, EVERYBODY!!!"
- Vocal Evolution: In his debut season, Big Brother 12, Zingbot had a robotic monotone. In 13, it became a shrill, echoing, auto-tuned, high-pitched voice. 14 onward, he has a slightly robotic and stilted high-pitched tone of voice.
- Big Brother 1 (Big Brother 2000)
- Big Brother 2
- Big Brother 3
- Big Brother 4
- Big Brother 5
- Big Brother 6
- Big Brother All-Stars (Big Brother 7)
- Big Brother 8
- Big Brother 9 (Big Brother ♥: 'Til Death Do You Part)
- Big Brother 10
- Big Brother 11
- Big Brother 12
- Big Brother 13
- Big Brother 14
- Big Brother 15
- Big Brother 16
- Big Brother 17
- Big Brother 18
- Big Brother: Over the Top
- Big Brother 19
Celebrity Big Brother: coming winter 2017.
Peter Brown, Gary Levy & Sarah HanlonCo-hosts of the Side Show with Arisa, and former contestants from season 1 and in Sarah Hanlon's case, 3.
- Accentuate the Negative: Peter often does this to houseguests after they've been eliminated. Gary, meanwhile, will accentuate the things the houseguest did right.
- Caustic Critic
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Peter can be downright nasty to some other contestants when talking to them, but he's friends with most of the houseguests outside the show and will usually complement them when they're not around.
- Promoted Fanboy: All three of them were in the house in season 1 and in Sarah Hanlon's case, 3, before becoming hosts of the Side Show.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Gary's the sensitive guy, Peter's the manly man. While Sarah and Peter have a similar dynamic, one's male and one's female so it doesn't have the same impact.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Both of them tend to do this in their rants after a contestant does something stupid, and occasionally to their face after they've been eliminated.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Peter and Blue Gary.
- Replacement Goldfish: With Gary Levy leaving the show to pursue his new career, Peter got a new partner in Sarah Hanlon, winner of Big Brother Canada 3.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: They're some of the most well-known contestants from Big Brother Canada, even though Gary was just runner-up and Peter finished in sixth-place. Subverted with Sarah Hanlon who won BB Canada 3.
Marsha The Moose
- Amplified Animal Aptitude
- Mission Control: Gives secret assignments to the houseguests she speaks to.
Gretel KilleenThe original and most well known host of the Australian series.Follow on Twitter here.
Sonia KrugerThe host for the 2012 Channel 9 revival of the show.Follow on Twitter here.
Mike GoldmanThe narrator for the series who has been in every season including the revival.Follow on Twitter here.
SurlyThe house's pet fish who can secretly talk and give out challenges to any housemate he wants.Follow on Twitter here.
- British Accents: Has a bit of a Cockney accent.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Other Darrin: The show is on its fifth or sixth puffer fish. Justified, due to the fact they are wild and are caught in the ocean. They are not used to the lights, but rather require darkness resulting in sickness or death.