Characters: Big Brother
Because countless seasons and multiple foreign editions can really add up, Big Brother will require multiple pages.
open/close all folders
- Catch Phrase: "Big Brother house, this is Davina. You are live on Channel 4. Please do not swear!" and " You Have 30 seconds to say your goodbyes. I'm coming to get you!"
- Gameshow Host
- Team Mom
- Camp Gay
- Catch Phrase: "Big Brother House, this is Brian ... your time has come" and "you've lost your place in the Big Brother House. You have 30 seconds to say your goodbyes."
- Also, when telling the viewers to not vote if they're watching a repeat, "You're just too late!"
- Gameshow Host
- Older and Wiser: Is a former houseguest, and won Ultimate Big Brother before becoming the new host.
- Catch Phrase: "Big Brother House, this is Emma ... The viewers have spoken, your fate is sealed."
- Nice Girl
- Team Mom
Marcus BentleyThe narrator, who like Mike Goldman, has been narrator for every series.
- Catch Phrase: "Dyah (x) in the Big Brother house" and "You decide!"
- The Narrator
- British Accents: Has a strong Geordie accent.
- Catch Phrase: "But first . . . "
- Deadpan Snarker: Can make a few jokes at a houseguest's expense, all while keeping her professional persona.
- Game Show Host: Naturally.
- The Stoic: Is almost always able to hold her own, even when interviewing some of the zanier houseguests. The only person who's been able to make her corpse is Johnny Mac from season 17.
The Zingbot 3000/9000
- Catch Phrase: ZING!
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: Later seasons have houseguests giving their own zingers to each other (or Zingbot himself) in the Diary Room, and always imitate his trademark "ZING!" afterwards.
- Characterization Marches On: As the seasons have gone by, Zingbot has been shown starting a family, getting married in Season 13, having a child in Season 14, and celebrating his child's first birthday in Season 15, and being single again in Season 17, which upgraded him to 9000.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Flat Character: Justified.
- Funny Background Event: During the second eviction of Big Brother 13, the Zingbot is in the audience holding a sign saying, "Comic-con or bust". He actually did attend Comic-con in 2011.
- No Indoor Voice: Zingbot seems to shout every thing he says.
- Running Gag: He comes in and insults everyone. Naturally, everyone talks about how good/bad the zings were, and then zings everyone else.
- Game Show Host
- Genre Savvy: She's pretty aware of the usual gameplay tropes that occur inside the house and will easily discuss strategies with Peter and Gary.
Peter Brown & Gary LevyCo-hosts of the Side Show with Arisa, and former contestants from season 1.
- Accentuate the Negative: Peter often does this to houseguests after they've been eliminated. Gary, meanwhile, will accentuate the things the houseguest did right.
- Caustic Critic
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Peter can be downright nasty to some other contestants when talking to them, but he's friends with most of the houseguests outside the show and will usually complement them when they're not around.
- Promoted Fanboy: Both of them were in the house in season 1 before becoming hosts of the Side Show.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Gary's the sensitive guy, Peter's the manly man.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Both of them tend to do this in their rants after a contestant does something stupid, and occasionally to their face after they've been eliminated.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Peter and Blue Gary.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: They're some of the most well-known contestants from Big Brother Canada, even though Gary was just runner-up and Peter finished in sixth-place.
Marsha The Moose
- Amplified Animal Aptitude
- Mission Control: Gives secret assignments to the houseguests she speaks to.
Gretel KilleenThe original and most well known host of the Australian series.Follow on Twitter here.
Sonia KrugerThe host for the 2012 Channel 9 revival of the show.Follow on Twitter here.
Mike GoldmanThe narrator for the series who has been in every season including the revival.Follow on Twitter here.
SurlyThe house's pet fish who can secretly talk and give out challenges to any housemate he wants.Follow on Twitter here.
- British Accents: Has a bit of a Cockney accent.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Other Darrin: The show is on its fifth or sixth puffer fish. Justified, due to the fact they are wild and are caught in the ocean. They are not used to the lights, but rather require darkness resulting in sickness or death.