Literature: Go the Fuck to Sleep
Go the Fuck to Sleep is a 2011 children's book parody by Adam Mansbach.It is the lament of a man whose child will not go the fuck to sleep. It went viral in galleys, and was then helped by an audiobook read by Samuel L. Jackson (and later on, by Werner Herzog).Was later turned into a Bowdlerised version aimed at children called Seriously, Just Go to Sleep. In September 2014, a proper sequel was released, You Have to Fucking Eat.
- Affectionate Parody: Of the rhyming, saccharine books normally read to small children at bedtime. This one assuredly cannot be read to a child at bedtime or any other time, unless you buy the aforementioned Bowdlerised version.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Gag Censor: On the book's cover, the central word in the title is obscured by the Moon.
- Here We Go Again / Shaggy Dog Story: The parents succeed in putting their child in bed after much effort, but the beep of their microwave instantly undoes it.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Seldom Seen Species: One page mentions and has illustrations of pangolins.
- Subverted Kids Book: What with the swearing and all.