Go the Fuck to Sleep
is a 2011 children's book parody
by Adam Mansbach.
It is the lament of a man whose child will not go the fuck to sleep
. It went viral
in galleys, and was then helped by an audiobook read by Samuel L. Jackson
Was later turned into a Bowdlerised
version aimed at children called Seriously, Just Go to Sleep
- Affectionate Parody: Of the rhyming, saccharine books normally read to small children at bedtime. This one assuredly cannot be read to a child at bedtime or any other time, unless you buy the aforementioned Bowdlerised version.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Gag Censor: On the book's cover, the central word in the title is obscured by the Moon.
- Here We Go Again / Shaggy Dog Story: The parents succeed in putting their child in bed after much effort, but the beep of their microwave instantly undoes it.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Subverted Kids Book: What with the swearing and all.
- Write What You Know: The author had a young child, and, well, bedtime was something of a problem.