Manga: Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
: Poor Miyuki-chan is Late for School
. As she hurries down the street, a girl in a bunny outfit
skateboards by. The bunny girl enters a portal, and Miyuki-chan falls in. It's like Wonderland
, except with an entirely female cast
and being significantly more perverted
. After a series of misadventures, Miyuki-chan wakes up, is late for school, and as she hurries down the street, a girl in a bunny outfit skateboards by.
The next part involves her getting sucked into the looking glass. Similar craziness ensues.
And that was just the Anime
version. The Manga
version has even more adventures for her as Miyuki keeps dreaming Homoerotic Dream
after Homoerotic Dream
.The standard Miyuki-chan adventure goes like this
- Miyuki is doing some mundane task or viewing some fiction.
- Things start getting a lot stranger. Miyuki will likely be sucked into the fiction.
- If it hasn't already, the world becomes much Hotter and Sexier. Les Yay abounds.
- Miyuki protests most or all of what's happening.
- Miyuki wakes up.
- Some evidence shows up that it wasn't just a dream or she's still in the dream.
's most titillating work ever. No relation to Girlchan in Paradise!!
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptation Distillation: Just covers the first couple chapters.
- Adaptation Expansion: Expands on the first couple chapters.
- Affectionate Parody: The chapter with the fighting waitresses is pretty blatantly a Shout-Out to Variable Geo.
- All Women Are Lustful: Played straight with the other characters. Double-subversion with Miyuki when you remember that this is all in her head.
- Amazon Brigade
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In one translation at least, Miyuki seems more worried that she's being made late for school rather than having seemingly fallen into another dimension.
- Bitch Slap: The chess pieces in Mirrorland remove a piece by walking up to them and slapping them in the face, at which point their clothes vanish and they run off the board in shame.
- Black Comedy Rape: Miyuki gets sexually harassed by quite a few ladies.
- Calling Your Attacks
- Cat Girl
- Chick Magnet: Miyuki herself.
- Clothing Damage
- Miyuki's outfit tends to get ripped up over the course of a chapter.
- Also during the human chess game in the anime, when one of the pieces is captured all her clothes disappear.
- Cosplay: Oh, so much.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Dominatrix: The Queen of Hearts
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Dream Within a Dream: Possibly done in other episodes/chapters but explicitly done in chapter one of the manga and episode one of the anime.
- Ermine Cape: The kings and queens (both ladies though) in the chess game.
- Ecchi: You don't say!?
- Even the Girls Want Her: Pretty much every female character is attracted to Miyuki and most of them act on it.
- Fanservice: About half the tropes used in this work.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Chapter four of the manga.
- Fetish: It's implied a lot of the goings on are secretly Miyuki's kinks.
- Fluffy Fashion Feathers: Humpty Dumpty is a grandly dressed lady (just sitting in an egg), who wears a feather wrap.
- Fur Bikini: Quite a few.
- Gender Flip: Every character parodied that was originally male.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: The only CLAMP work to be this titillating, at least on purpose.
- Girls Love: A primary focus despite no meaningful relationships.
- Godiva Hair
- Homoerotic Dream: The very premise of the series.
- Hotter and Sexier: Miyuki's adventures are often much sexier than the source material they parody.
- Human Chess
- Improbably Female Cast: Absolutely zero males in this. Zero. Zip. Nada.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: The (Bondage) Queen of Hearts. Yeah...
- Instant Cosplay Surprise
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Miyuki lampshades this in the dream where she gets sucked into a Role-Playing Game.
- Lingerie Scene
- Marilyn Maneuver
- Marshmallow Hell: Done to Miyuki by an anthropomorphic door.
- Mêlée à Trois: Six waitresses including Miyuki have a no-holds-barred fight to strip each other.
- Moe Anthropomorphism
- Naïve Everygirl: Miyuki
- Naughty by Night: Miyuki; a cute, shy Ordinary High-School Student with a lot of secret kinks.
- Or Was It a Dream?
- Panty Shot
- Petting Zoo People: No actual animals here. Just cosplaying ladies.
- Playboy Bunny: Bunny-san.
- Proper Lady: Deconstructed. She tries to be a Proper Lady, and outwardly she is but even she has her wild sexual side at odds with her cute and shy demeanor, and it confuses and frightens her.
- Refusal of the Call: In a couple of chapters Miyuki protests being The Chosen One of her dream.
- Rule of Glamorous: Spoofs it.
- Screw Yourself: Miyuki's reflection comes on to her.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: Loads.
- She's Got Legs: Miyuki has a really nice pair of legs.
- Also, the opening of the TV-Land story has Miyuki being pulled into her TV by a shapely pair of legs in heels sticking out of the screen. Just a pair of legs. When Miyuki is getting chased in one of the CLAMP in Wonderland music videos, the TV legs are in the back of the crowd.
- Shout-Out: Miyuki-Chan in TV-Land opens with Miyuki moaning that she missed a late-night showing of Barbarella.
- Stealth Pun: In the Wonderland segment, Miyuki meets a bunch of flower fairies. One of them is based on a lily. A lily is pronounced "Yuri" in Japanese.
- Strip Poker: Strip Mah-Jongg. Its champion heroine, Strip Mah-Jongg Girl, defender of the universe.
- There Are No Therapists: At least ones that could help Miyuki figure out what her dreams mean. They mean she's a closeted lesbian with several kinky fetishes. That'll be ¥15,000 please, ma'am.
- Too Kinky to Torture: Some of the Queen of Heart's servants want to be punished for disobeying her.
- Transparent Closet: "What could these dreams possibly mean?" What indeed...
- Trapped in TV Land: A couple chapters in the manga.
- Whip It Good: The Queen tries to get Miyuki to "submit".