Characters: Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts
aka: Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
Character sheets for various characters in Baka and Test
here. Potential spoilers ahead, you have been warned.
open/close all folders
Akihisa "Aki" Yoshii
The biggest idiot in the world (according to the majority of the cast) and somehow the main protagonist. Though a consistent failure in tests, his one major advantage is that this gives his Summoned Being a special ability to interact with physical objects and dodge attacks by other Beings. Unfortunately, this also causes him to be drafted by various teachers to do their grunt work. Currently lives on his own due to his parents' overseas work and his sister studying in Harvard (though she later came back), and usually has meals consisting of water and condiments due to his habit of spending what little allowance he gets on video games.
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Later in the novels Akihisa can survive Himeji's cooking due to spending summer eating his sister Akira's.
- Lampshaded by Akihisa. His mom was an even worse cook than Akira OR Himeji. Thus Akihisa ate so much Poison Mushroom for breakfast that he has acquired an immunity to foods that normally can kill people.
- All Men Are Perverts: To a much lesser extent than Tsuchiya, but he regularly buys naughty photos from said person as well as owning at least 6 ecchi magazines back at home.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Whenever he has to bring out his inner Wholesome Crossdresser.
- Ambiguously Bi: His borderline obsession with Hideyoshi, which, while seemingly excused by his confusion over the latter's gender, is made rather ambiguous by the occasions when Akihisa admits that he knows Hideyoshi is a guy. He's also quite touchy feely with both Yuuji and Kouta, which is once again always played for laughs.
- Amusing Injuries: Applied to by mostly Minami, sometimes others like Miharu, Yuuko, or indirectly Himeji.
- Badass Adorable: He's very capable of kicking your ass outside Summoned Being battles. Just ask those two senior jerks who insulted Class F's Maid Cafe — and he did it while dressed as a Meido.
- Berserk Button: Do not hurt or insult Mizuki.
- To a lesser extent, don't do anything to Hideyoshi.
- Bishōnen: So Yuuko thinks.
- The Dullahan Summon Beast seems to show us part of it, and as of volume 10.5...OMG◊
- Butt Monkey: Every episode, something bad always happens to the poor guy. But rest assured, it's all in the name of comedy. In fact, it's the basis of his Summoned Being's power to affect physical matter.
- Iron Butt Monkey: He's capable of taking a lot of damage and still get back up in the next second.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : If Akihisa does or says anything that could offend anyone, somehow, some way, that person will know.
- Cassandra Truth: He can cook. Like a pro.
- Character Development: Lampshaded in story. The bracelet he has goes haywire when someone who isn't an idiot uses it. And haywire it went.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Mizuki.
- Childhood Friends: With Mizuki again, as well as Hideyoshi.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Towards Mizuki.
- Classical Anti-Hero: Mixed in with Mr. Vice Guy.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Good God, yes. He may be forgiven for misunderstanding Minami's feelings (given her attitude), but remaining clueless to Mizuki's more overt advances is just ridiculous. Especially since he's had a crush on her since Volume 1.
- Starting to avert this now and then, but Status Quo Is God, so he reverts back to being one after just a few days.
- Comically Missing the Point
- Crippling Overspecialization: Graduates from the idiot of all idiots to this as the series goes on, where he can go toe-to-toe with potentially stronger opponents if the match is held using a history subject, particularly Japanese History.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Slowly turns to this in the light novel and manga, and is hinted to be turning into one at the end of the first anime season. After all, the reason the bracelet broke in the first place was because Akihisa was no longer an "idiot".
- Curtains Match the Window
- Cute Bruiser: See Badass Adorable.
- DID YOU JUST PUNCH OUT CTHULHU?!: Defeats Iron Man.
- Deadly Dodging: His summon has to do this or die because it's so weak breathing on it might even take it down.
- Determinator: He might be an idiot, but he'll do his best if he wants to, especially if it involves Mizuki. Down to even studying for an exam just so he can get his grades up for the next summoning battle.
- The Ditz: Most of his friends are either Brilliant but Lazy or just plain brilliant, but Akihisa is legitimately stupid.
- Dumb Is Good
- Even the Guys Want Him: Or at least Toshimitsu and, later on, Hideyoshi.
- He is even rated "#1" among a group of gay guys. Not that he knows it, though.But later in Volume 10.5, the position falls to Yuuji.
- First Kiss: Minami takes his.
Self-appointed Representative of Class F and a close friend of Akihisa. Despite his low grades, he's quite the brilliant tactician and strategist, and always thinks up of plans to beat enemy classes.
- All According to Plan: ZigZagged for comedic effect, but he always acts like things are going as planned.
- Almighty Janitor: In the manga and light novels it's shown that when he does study he makes for at least a Class B-caliber student.
- Always Someone Better: To Akihisa.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He is Class F's Class Representative, so naturally, he's one of their best fighters.
- Berserk Button: Never, EVER make fun of Shouko's dream.
- Big Good: For all intents and purposes, Yuuji, as Class F's representative, would technically be this.
- Big "NO!": After he sees that his future self is completely "submissive" to Shouko.
- Blatant Lies: And Akihisa falls for them. Every. Single. Time.
- Blunt Metaphors Trauma: He'd get a saying wrong every now and then. Akihisa always corrects him right after.
- Brilliant but Lazy: He has not only proven to be a Class A level student once he legitimately tries, but also a Child Prodigy who is quite possibly the smartest character in the series.
- Butt Monkey: Not as bad as Akihisa, of course.
- Character Development: Twice, according to the story. Not as subtle as Akihisa's also.
- First was when his sempais tried to bully Shouko who was only protecting him. He turned from an Insufferable Genius into a Brilliant but Lazy hero.
- Second was when Class A first defeated Class F. He still kept his Brilliant but Lazy trait, but he's now showing some signs of being a Badass Bookworm. Although it's (supposedly) revealed that Shouko forced him to study or else they'll get married immediately.
- The Chessmaster
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Shouko.
- Child Prodigy
- Class Representative
- Crippling Overspecialization: You want plans and strategies? He's your man. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that he'll successfully execute his own part when it comes to the studying. He realizes this and goes on to subvert it in time, to the point where his Summoned Being becomes one of the three best fighters statistically in Class F, and one of the better fighters overall.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dangerously Genre Savvy
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Deadpan Snarker: His best friend is Akihisa, what did you expect?
- Declaration of Protection: He won't admit it, but he did this for Shouko. He pulled a Big Damn Heroes moment to save Shouko from 3 boys who tried to bully her after she tried to stop them from writing some vicious lies on his PE clothing; he tried to come up with an excuse not to help, but in the end saves her. Although he tries to pass it off as nothing, Shouko is really touched by that action that she vows to his mother to marry him someday.
- Deuteragonist: Gets progressively more of the story to himself.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Does this TO TEACHERS.
- Even the Guys Want Him: The Queer's Poll of Volume 10.5 displayed this. He's so popular that his comments were "censored". But since Yuuko is shown to be commenting in Akihisa's poll, Shouko might be responsible for some of these comments as well.
- Fiery Redhead: Although he is usually cool and calculating, Yuuji can just as easily be loud and passionate.
- Foregone Conclusion: Him marrying Shouko. He'll either concede in the end or be forcefully dragged to the altar. Volume 11 reveals that he wants to do it on his terms, not Shouko's.
- Four Is Death: In one of the shorts, he was playing "The King Game" with the gang. As Shouko drew "King" and Yuuji drew 4, well, you know what happens next.
- The Gadfly: Loves screwing with Akihisa.
- General Ripper: Played for Laughs but he has no problem with using his fellow F Class students as cannon fodder against the enemy.
Yuuji: “—In terms of fighting strength, the guys from F class aren’t worth weeping over, even if they’re used as baits or pawns.”
- Good Old Fisticuffs: His avatar's fighting style, and Yuuji himself is quite the capable fighter, too.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Wears pink boxers polka-dotted with red hearts. Akihisa just thinks he wears them because of Cool Biz.
- Happiness in Slavery : His older version of summon being seems to implied that he ultimately become Shouko's love slave.
- Head Desk: He'd do this after Shouko says something off while they were still young. He can slam his head onto the desk so hard it shakes the entire classroom enough to make the blackboard fall down
- Henpecked Husband: Shouko's. Well, the henpecking is supposed to be funny.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Akihisa.
- Hunk: Compare to almost every other male character, Yuuji is tall and broad shouldered, but still very good looking.
- Insecure Love Interest: Despite how much he may deny feelings for and run away from Shouko and her advances on a frequent basis, when Yuuji actually talks about his relationship with her, he makes it out like it's all his fault that she's fallen in love with a worthless guy like him.
Yuuji: I want to set her free.
- Insufferable Genius: As a kid. Does a 180 after that incident with Shouko when they were young.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Concerning Shouko.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He does have feelings for Shouko and cares a lot about her. However, he wants her free, as he felt he held her back for seven years.
- Jack of All Stats: To the rest of Class F's main cast, kinda. Once he studied seriously following his first defeat, his grades rival those of Class B, and it is hinted that he could make grades of a Class A Caliber student as well. However, his primary contribution to the class wars is still making up plans and strategizing, and the rest of the students specialize in subjects where they can go toe-to-toe with him, or even potentially surpass him in. And of course, Mizuki Himeji beats him in about every subject, but Yuuji boasts better physical health and stamina and doesn't need to rest as much as her.
- Keystone Army: If he's beaten, his class loses the war they're participating in.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Played with. It was part of his scheme to get back at two senior jerks who made fun of his class's Maid Cafe in the OVA. However, the first time he did it for Akihisa was played straight.
- Played straight with Shouko, with a bit of hesitation at first, when they were young. He hatched up a plan to get three Grade 6 students He did not want Shouko to be involved whatsoever or else face transfer. But he also don't want to fight as he knows he'll lose to three upperclassmen. Cue a Battle in the Center of the Mind with his older self who's taunting him about just making excuses so he can save his own ass. He gets better, and saves Shouko. Too bad it had the effect he didn't absolutely want.
- The Lancer: During day to day life, he's Akihisa's laid back, witty and focused foil who is almost always there to help him out. During summoning wars he acts more like The Smart Guy, as he spends more time making strategies than he does on the front lines.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Bad things return to him. Lock up Akihisa to use him as a bait? Class F will just kill them both. Laughed at Akihisa for drinking Tabasco? Shouko swaps Akihisa's glass with his.
- Lightning Bruiser: If he actually tries (and we mean actually!), his grades rival a high ranking Class A student.
- Limit Break: His summon simply turns one of its fists into a grenade, launching it at a target, dealing Massive Damage that is oftentimes a One-Hit Kill. Akihisa, Minami, and even Mizuki were victimized by this. The catch, however, is that it's accuracy is pretty low, requiring for the enemy to be distracted while he charges it up.
- Marshmallow Hell: From Shouko in Episode 4 of Season 2. She does this to Yuuji to confirm once and for all whether or not he really doesn't find her attractive. Though Yuuji feebly denies he is enjoying it, his avatar leaping for joy (the upgraded Summons speak and reveal their summoners' thoughts and repressed feelings) reveals that Shouko's physical charms are not lost on him.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Besides wanting to "set her free", the reason why Yuuji can't reciprocate Shouko's feelings is the fact that he is horrified at her extreme efforts.
- Not So Different: He and Akihisa are closer than they appear...not that type of closer but more along the lines of Butt Monkey, whipped, and well etc.
- Official Couple: With Shouko, as of volume 11.
- Only Sane Man: In regards to Hideyoshi's gender, he seems to be the only one who acknowledges the fact that Hideyoshi is a guy; though it seems like even he is starting to have doubts about that...
Yuuji: To be honest, that face looks like a girl no matter what, but he’s a real man. But even if I say so, I've been wondering recently whether Hideyoshi was a real guy or not.
Hideyoshi: I suddenly had a feeling that my last wall of defense collapsed for a moment there.
Yuuji: You must be mistaken. You’re probably tired, right?
- Red-Headed Hero
- Rousing Speech: He likes giving these to his classmates, such as decrying the IQ-based classification the school imposes upon its students.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: With Shouko. However, Shouko herself refuses to believe this, until Volume 11 when she suddenly got a competitor.
- Ship Tease: With Shouko. Most characters—even Akihisa—approve of this.
- While we're at it, let's count the number of moments between him and Akihisa.
- The Smart Guy
- The Snark Knight
- The Strategist: For Class F. However, when the Second Years have to participate in a joint Summoning Wars with the Third Years, Nemoto acts as a Commander Contrarian to him, locking down his suggestions and essentially preventing him from being heard, with big consequences latter on.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Even if Class F wins a Summoned Being battle, Yuuji declines to penalize the losing class with a room exchange. He has his reasons—as he confided to Akihisa, he doesn't want his classmates to become complacent, at least not until they beat Class A.
- Did this again in Volume 9 of the light novels. After they defeated Class C, they finally agreed to switch classrooms with them, but it didn't stop there. Class F promptly challenges Class E to a summoning war soon after, in which they, again, won. What did Yuuji do? Trade their superior Class C facilities with Class E, much to the surprise of the principal.
- Tsundere: Type A towards Shouko.
- Tranquil Fury: At the end of Volume 10, Yuuji is so angry at the principal for interfering with Muttsurini's last blow to Shouko (which would have resulted in the victory of Class F against Class A) to the point that he signaled Akihisa to prepare 4 dozen bats with nails and Hideyoshi to prepare a shovel (as the land at the back of the hill is rather hard) while chatting with the principal. Even Akihisa told the principal to go away in order to prevent staining the carpet with blood.
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty: Yuuji will not hesitate to cheat or manipulate his way to victory if he sees no other choice.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Akihisa—they frequently hurl insults on each other, but when troubles comes they're quick to join forces.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He wound up taking the role of a huge Chinese girl in Episode 2 of Season 2 courtesy of Shouko.
- Wild Card: He occasionally pulls his avatar out of the blue to reveal incredibly high stats and promptly curbstomp his opponent, but just as frequently reveals that he didn't prepare at all and his avatar is only slightly better than Akihisa's. While Yuuji is definitely at least Class F's second most formidable fighter, he's pretty much the least reliable one.
- Would Hit a Girl: In Season 2, Episode 7, he knocks out Miharu with a karate chop, though it was weak and Played for Laughs.
- Zerg Rush: Some of his plans thus far include sending more troops if the first few don't work, such as in Episode 12 of the anime and Episodes 5-7 of Season 2 (Volume 3 of the light novel).
One of the smartest students in Fumizuki, who got stuck in Class F after missing the placement exam due to a freak fever and thus automatically scored a zero. She's the meat shield
that keeps Class F afloat in a Summoned Being battle. She has a crush on Akihisa, though he doesn't seem to notice, and tries to win him over with her cooking, but one bite is all it took to cause all her classmates to fear her dishes.
- Almighty Janitor: She's got the power of a Class A student, but the poor girl got shoehorned to Class F for skipping out on placement exams.
- Apologetic Attacker
- Badass Adorable
- Betty and Veronica: Betty to Minami's Veronica.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Most notably when she's drunk.
- Big Damn Heroes: Class F would have certainly lost their first war with Class E had it not been for Mizuki's surgical strike.
- The Big Girl: Both in combat style and horizontal figure despite being actually shorter than Minami.
- BFS: Her avatar's Weapon of Choice.
- Buxom Is Better: Much to Minami's horror. And Yuuji's, if Shouko is in the area while Himeji is wearing a bikini.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: In the manga, a can of beer (in the anime, spiked chocolate) is more than enough to get her tipsy and either go bold or on a full-blown yandere rampage.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Akihisa.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Gets jealous of Minami taking the lead against her towards Akihisa, and Hideyoshi, believe it or not.
- Covert Pervert: She would enjoy watching Akihisa strip as punishment for not revealing his household secrets to the gang. She certainly would enjoy seeing him in drag, too.
- Her avatar in the latter half of Episode 4 of Season 2 tried to uncover her perversion.
- Also this from volume 7 of the novel:
Mizuki: I think Minami-chan will use this chance to touch Akihisa-kun's chest and butt...that's too sneaky...
Minami: Wh, what are you saying, Mizuki! How can I do such a thing—eh, what? What did you just say? Touching...Mizuki, what were you talking about...
Minami: Mizuki..what were you planning to do to Aki...
- Crippling Overspecialization: Not regarding subjects, but in terms of physical health and stamina, which means she must rest more often than other Class F members. This is a shared weakness with Class A of which she would have landed in had she not fallen ill during the entrance exam.
- Crutch Character: She is the only consistently powerful member of Class F and proves to be a major boon during all combat, but the scale of summoning wars is so great that it makes it impossible for the team to rely solely on her.
- Cute and Psycho: Especially when she's drunk.
- Cute Bruiser
- D-Cup Distress: She complains that her large breasts are heavy and she can't find bras of her size.
- Determinator: She will always take one for the team, especially when they're in dire straits. She did take 7 replenishment exams in 5 hours, no breaks, to cover for a recovering Akihisa during a summoning war with Class C.
- Dissonant Serenity: In Yandere mode.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: As one of the highest scorers in school, Himeji has a bit of trouble dealing with slightly more delicate tasks like Summoner baseball. Her pitches took out members of both her own team and the opponents'. Adding to this she can't aim well...
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: While she doesn't utilize this as much as Minami, she is often just as willing to punish Akihisa for real or perceived wrongs against her, such as when he tries to get Hideyoshi to strip in a card game, or putting heavy stone blocks on his legs for allegedly trying to sneak a peek into the girl's bathhouse in the second season. If the roles were reversed, Akihisa would probably get thrown in jail pretty quickly.
- Expressive Accessory: Her bunny hair clip reflects her mood.
- Expy: Of Miyuki Takara, right down to the personality and appearance.
- Food Porn: Her food looks so deceivingly tasty. Too bad the same can't be said about its taste.
- Formerly Fat: To the point she had the Embarrassing Nickname Yuki-chan (Snowman). This is the reason she doesn't taste her own food.
- Makes good on the saying "fat in middle school becomes breasts in high school".
- Gag Boobs/Gainaxing
- The Heart: Played with. While she seems to fill this role, Akihisa usually plays the part.
- Hypocritical Humour: During Episode 4 of Season 2, she tricks Akihisa into calling his Summon, wanting to know his secrets since the upgraded Summoned beings blurt out the summoner's thoughts, secrets, and repressed feelings, only to act all hurt and betrayed when he dupes her into calling her own Summon using a similar trick.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Later in the novel Himeji's parents are stuck in another country for a while and she ends up living with Akihisa and Akira.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Literally and appearance-wise for her avatar.
- Lady of War: Her avatar.
- Lethal Chef: Her food kills (and she is unaware of it because she doesn't taste it lest she gain weight)note .
- Limit Break: Her summon turns into a Wheel of Death... sorta, which will mow down everything in its path.
- Love Bubbles: Gets these a lot. Viewed from outside, there's a bubbly pink sphere extending a few feet from her.
- Lovely Angels: With Shouko in Episode 7.
- Nice Girl: When she isn't being drunk or yandere, she normally is this.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: To Akihisa.
- Purple Eyes
- Purple Is Powerful
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She's very nice and sweet. Most of the time.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Minami's Tomboy.
- Tranquil Fury: Whenever she's angry, Himeji acts happier and glows with an ominous Battle Aura.
- Twice Shy: With Akihisa.
- Unknown Rival: To Hideyoshi, who is very much unaware that Mizuki and Minami consider him a rival for Akihisa's heart.
- Weight Woe: Is concerned about her weight. It becomes understandable when you learn she was fat in the past.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Like with Shouko it's played with. She doesn't have the traditional look but her personality is closer to the trope and she likes cooking for her guy. It might actually taste good if she tested it.
- Yandere: Played for Laughs.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
The other female student in Class F. She spent most of her life in Germany, making her bad at reading kanji despite being fairly intelligent. Like Mizuki, she also has a crush on Akihisa—which she expresses by literally crushing him with wrestling moves whenever he misreads her intentions, which is quite often.
- A-Cup Angst: She has a complex from her small bust size.
- Badass Adorable/Cute Bruiser: She looks good even while doing suplexes.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Why does Minami like Akihisa? He asked her to be his friend when she couldn't make any due to the language barrier. But being who he is he asked her in French instead of German.
- Berserk Button: Don't mention about how small her chest is.
- Betty and Veronica: Veronica to Mizuki's Betty.
- Between My Legs: In Episode 4.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Akihisa has actually flat out asked her if she was interested in him and they'd be the perfect happy couple if she just said yes. But she got too flustered to actually admit it.
- Cat Smile: Her avatar frequently wears one.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Doesn't like seeing Akihisa showing interest in any other girl. Even the implication of interest in anyone but her is enough to make her pound him.
- Crippling Overspecialization: She does well in math, but not anywhere else. This is justified because the time she spent in Germany made her forget kanji, making every other subject nigh-impossible to understand.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She loves hitting Akihisa or putting him in wrestling holds (and in one instance, breaking his back).
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: The reason why she's in F class is that, having lived in Germany most of her life, she only reads Japanese at an elementary-school level. She can speak Japanese fluently now, though.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Especially Miharu.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Inverted—math is the only subject she does well. Justified in that spending most of her life in Germany made her forget kanji, making every other subject nigh-impossible to understand.
- Exotic Weapon Supremacy/Impossibly Cool Weapon: In the second OVA she wields a Mace-Scythe.
- Expressive Accessory: Her hair ribbon sometimes perks up or falls down to reflect her mood.
- Expy: A German-Japanese, abrasive Tsundere girl with bad grades due to failure to read kanji yet good with numbers? Oh, and reddish hair and constantly beats down her love interest? Asuka Langley Soryu, is that you?
- Fiery Redhead
- First Kiss: With Akihisa.
- Forceful Kiss: Steals Akihisa's first kiss.
- Glass Cannon: If the subject is math, she hits like a truck. If it's anything else, she's almost as screwed as Akihisa.
- Good with Numbers: So long as she doesn't have to read any Japanese...
- Gratuitous German: According to Hazuki, Minami goes on a breakdown babbling in German when upset.
- Green Eyes
- Japanese Pronouns: She uses "uchi" to refer herself instead of "watashi" or "atashi".
- Jousting Lance: Her upgraded avatar's weapon of choice, alongside with a shield.
- The Lancer: More evident in the manga.
- This becomes literal when her upgraded avatar has a jousting lance and a shield as her weapons of choice.
- Limit Break: Her summon performs a tornado-like Spin Attack that repeatedly chips away chunks of points. Complete with Super Move Portrait Attack.
- Also has another move that summons a giant blade that can smash several opponents at once.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: Her upgraded avatar's weapon of choice alongside with the lance.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Volume 10 revealed that she thinks that when she marries Akihisa, she wants him to change his surname to Shimada, as "Minami Yoshii" sounds a bit weird.
- One of the Boys: Much to her dismay, this is how Akihisa views her.
- BUT!!!! He does tell a few people he finds her charming.
- Royal Rapier: Her avatar's weapon of choice.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Avoiding Rummage Sale Reject, she actually has a nice choice of clothes outside school.
- She Is All Grown Up: Noted by Akihisa when he meets "grown up"◊ Minami in Volume 10.5. However, her breasts are just 'future C Cup breast pad'.
- Surprisingly Good English: (Well, almost) "What a shit man you are!"
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Mizuki's Girly Girl.
- Tomboyish Ponytail
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Tsundere: Type A.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Unknown Rival: To Hideyoshi, who is very much unaware that she and Mizuki consider him a rival for Akihisa's heart.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Whenever Akihisa presses her Berserk Button.
- You Gotta Have Reddish-Purple Hair
A student with a talent for acting, whose extremely effeminate looks caused characters and audiences alike to question their sexuality. Everybody frequently mistakes him for a girl despite his insistence to the contrary, is considered by Mizuki and Minami as a rival for Akihisa's affection, occasionally gets confessed to by Akihisa, has a separate space reserved for him in dressing rooms, and keeps getting female roles and costumes from the Drama Department. The only person who considers him a guy is Akihisa's sister Akira—because she didn't expect Akihisa to have any female friends. He has difficulty studying serious subjects, and is pretty much the opposite of his twin sister Yuuko, who happens to be in Class A.
- Ambiguously Bi: He is flustered whenever he's forced into the girls dressing room, suggesting that he may be attracted to women. While he's annoyed by all of the male attention he gets, Akihisa included, there are occasional hints that he may like Akihisa as more than a friend, which pushes him into this territory.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Speaks mainly in ancient Japanese. In the English dub... not so much.
- Attractive Bent-Gender
- Beautiful Dreamer: So beautiful Akihisa tried to kiss him once; it was even lampshaded in the novels.
- Berserk Button: He really hates it when people sell him female clothing when he asks for male ones, as well when he wears male clothing and people make him switch to female ones.
- Bishōnen: Taken Up to Eleven.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Not to the degree of Yuuji, but Hideyoshi is shown to be a pretty sharp guy who is generally far more interested in pursuing acting than he is doing school work.
- Butt Monkey: Not as bad as Akihisa, but no one will ever call him a guy at first glance, even when he insists otherwise. This obviously has caused him a bit of trouble in "I'm a guy" situations.
- Catch Phrase: More or less "I'm a guy", when he does or uses into non-female related things, and someone asks him why he did so.
- Childhood Friends: He's known Akihisa since first grade, and has been with him since then in every class.
- Cooldown Hug: During the Study Camp arc, he had to do this to calm Akihisa when he went berserk baying for Yuuji's blood... It's a Long Story.
- Crippling Overspecialization: Does fine in Classics, which is a subject he got interested in because of his hobby.
- Deadpan Snarker: He does sometimes snark in his usual quiet and polite manner, especially towards Akihisa's Insane Troll Logic.
- Distressed Dude: Played for Laughs in OVA one where the two jerkass students kidnapped him because "he was the best looking one of the group".
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Incredibly so, to the point that everyone mistakes him for a girl and very little know that he is actually a guy despite him saying so. He even has his own exclusive bathhouse room just because of this.
- Easily Forgiven: Due to his appearance and personality, he was the only boy to escape "punishment" by the girls during the Study Camp arc (Volume 3 light novels, Episodes 5 to 7 of Season 2).
- Even the Guys Want Him: Just ask Akihisa and Kouta.
- A Friend in Need: He joins in the antics of the others probably because its what friends do, although its still a mystery how he can get away from the consequences when it goes downhill.
- Hair Decorations: His hair clips. Of course he still looks cute without them.
- Half-Identical Twins: With his sister Yuuko.
- Hand or Object Underwear: Sometimes, he uses his arms as censors.
- The Heart: The only member of Class F who isn't a sociopath, a jerkass or some combination of the two. He also tends to be the only one who keeps it together during stressful situations.
- Heroic BSOD: When Tsunemura of 3-A confessed his feelings for him. Quoth Akihisa:
"On that day... for the first time in my life... I heard Hideyoshi scream."
- If It's You, It's Okay: May actually be the case towards Akihisa as of the later novels.
- Japanese Pronouns: In Japanese, his way of speech is quite antiquated and definitely not what a young person would use. To match with it, he refers to himself with washi, the pronoun old men use—at least in anime.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His upgraded avatar wields one, replacing the naginata.
- Large Ham: Only when he's acting though, otherwise he's hands down the most low key guy in the show.
- Luminescent Blush: Like all of the other love interests of Akihisa, he is prone to this.
- Martial Arts Headband: His upgraded avatar wears one.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Yuuko's Masculine Girl, much to the latter's chagrin. Also to Minami.
- Master of Disguise: One can dress him up as a girl and he can/will play the part very well. Including voice work in both languages.
- In volume 10 he disguised himself as Kouta to stall Aiko for the latter to defeat Shouko in the summoning war.
- Master of None: He lacks the single class specialty that Kouta and Minami have or the full control over his avatar that Akihisa has, but he compensates by having mediocre grades in all of his classes rather than terrible grades in all but one, meaning that he serves as solid back up during most fights.
- Meaningful Name: Hideyoshi means "good esteem"/"good excellence".
- Meido: He and his sister have worn the uniform before. You decide who looks prettier.
- Mr. Fanservice: Though all the Fanservice related to him is clearly meant for male audiences. He's an extremely Bishōnen guy who's often put into cross-dressing outfits against his will, has his own male harem and also has a twin sister. He even lampshades it.
Hideyoshi: Why was my transformation so dramatic?
- Naginatas Are Feminine: His avatar's weapon of choice, reflecting on his femininity. His upgraded version, however, ditches it in favor of a katana.
- Named After Somebody Famous: He shares his first name with Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and his surname was taken from the surname of Toyotomi's alias when he was younger.
- Nice Guy: He's the only guy in class who doesn't try to beat Akihisa up.
- Non-Action Guy: While he's not nearly as horrible in his classes as most of Class F are, he's also not particularly good at any of them, meaning he's probably the least useful of the group during summoning battles. His talent for acting, on the other hand, makes him quite useful for things like espionage off the battlefield.
- Not So Above It All: Deep down, Hideyoshi isn't all that different from the others in Class F. He'd occasionally "fit in" with his classmates' antics. One example is blushing over Akihisa's confessions.
- Only Sane Man: If it weren't for his appearance and voice, he'd be the nicest guy in Class F!
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Yuuko—he is not too smart but kind; she is smart but haughty.
- Reluctant Fanservice Guy
- Running Gag: Never seems to get male clothing (apart from his uniform), and even if he does, its not going to be on him for long.
- Scenery Censor: His chest is always covered by something (a towel or a person's arm).
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: He's so beautiful no one believes him to be a guy, and gets confessions from guys just about everyday. Then there's the poem a certain someone wrote to him which kind of gave him nightmares for a while.
- The Stoic: Not quite, but most people say he has a good poker face. Quite good considering how many confessions he gets from other guys.
- Stupid Sexy Hideyoshi
- Take a Third Option: Between the boys' and the girls' rooms, he ended up at the "Hideyoshi Room". It applies to virtually any public facility where there are separate boys' and girls' section.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Voice Changeling: His specialty in acting is voice mimicry, which has helped Class F in multiple situations.
- Which Restroom Dilemma: Hideyoshi has no problem with using the men's restroom, but the other guys won't let him. Since he can't use the girl's restroom, Hideyoshi has his own exclusive bathhouse room and changing room.
signs read "Boy's Changing Room", "Girl's Changing Room", and "Hideyoshi's Changing Room"
Akishisa: So is Hideyoshi a new gender?
- Wholesome Crossdresser
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Poor Hideyoshi. Just when someone can finally tell he's a guy, Akihisa screws it all up and insists he's a girl.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Some English fansubs render his speech as this.
A friend of Akihisa and pervert par excellence who is almost never seen without a camera on hand. Whenever he sees a potential panty/boob shot, he'll squeeze into whatever angle necessary for the best shot, and sells them for some cash. Akihisa seems especially interested whenever he takes a photo of Hideyoshi
in a sexy pose. He also turns out to be an excellent athlete, with Health and P.E. grades to rival even those of Class A, but is terrible at all other subjects.
- All Men Are Perverts: Takes photos of panty shots or revealing breasts on a regular basis, as well as almost dying by nosebleed if he ever so much as catches a glimpse of it.
- Big Damn Heroes: Crashes into the window with Nakamura-sensei straight to where Nemoto is during the match against Class B, which pretty much sealed the deal for the battle.
- Blatant Lies: Calls Aiko's swimsuit secondary interest. Nosebleed ensues.
- Camera Fiend: Complete with videocam surveillance.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: For Aiko. Or so he thinks.
- Crippling Overspecialization: The stand-out example of Class F's students—he's good at health subjects and biology, and nothing else. He is in fact so good at health and physical education that he can easily defeat Shouko, Class A's top student, if they battle in that subject.
- Crutch Character: He's the go-to guy if you're in a summoning war and the subject is Health & PE, as he has the highest marks there high enough to surpass the Class A's top student Shouko, possibly for the entire school sans Nakamura-sensei (possibly Takahashi-sensei as well, but it's already given she sucks at basic baseball rules, so...). He's useless everywhere else, however.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Curb-Stomp Battle: He possesses one of the highest, if not the highest, grade in a single subject (Health & PE) for the entire student body, so, naturally, if you fight him in his forte, expect this to happen.
- Diagonal Cut/Single-Stroke Battle: His fight against Nemoto. His strike was so fast it even cut the battle screen in half. Could be considered his Limit Break.
- Everyone Calls Him Muttsulini: Even his own family does.
- Friend in the Black Market: Want fan-service-y pictures of, say, Hideoyshi or Akihisa in girl's clothing? Well, Muttsulini can get you what you want...for a price.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Other than Akihisa, the rest of Class F seem to all view him as either a creep, a weirdo or some combination of the two. He doesn't seems to care.
- Hollywood Hacking
- Hypocritical Humor: He, of all people, tells Akihisa not to be a pervert.
- In-Series Nickname: "Muttsulini" ("Morose Pervert", or sometimes "Voyeur").
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Ninja: Even his summoned being is one.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: He should be wearing army urban camouflage instead of his trademark ninja clothes if he really wants to blend into the environment. Same goes for his Summoned Being.
- Nominal Hero: A pervert whose actions would more than enough make him a sex offender in real life.
- Nosebleed: Nobody can beat him to it, not even Akihisa, that second-rate bleeder... not with Kouta's excessive amounts.
- Complete with a personal blood bag.
- The Rival: To Aiko, they both are good with technology, are the top in Health and Phys Ed (Mutsurini being higher), and she likes to tease him alot.
- The Sixth Ranger: He's around from the beginning, but he rarely ever interacts with the others outside of taking creep pics of the girls. He's also by far the most specialized fighter in the group and thus only finds uses in combat during very specific situations.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: To Aiko.
- The Quiet One: Generally keeps to himself while focusing on getting a picture of the goods with his camera.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: "Koumi" is extremely beautiful, and she loves to cosplay.
A group consisting of the majority of male students within Class F, often seen wearing dark robes and hodes that hide their features. Since none of them have luck with girls, they formed a pact to hunt down anyone in their class who did. If they find a guy in Class 2-F winning affection from a girl, they will perform an Inquisition upon him. Even Akihisa has donned their robe at times (when he isn't a target).
The group has recently enlarged to make up 60% of the 2nd year classes, due to the system the group employs. A heretic is targeted and he is punished by the members, many soon become single after their judgement. Enraged at other heretics who kept their relationships the heretic ends up joining the inquisition and rooting out more heretics; thus continuing the cycle and ever increasing the FFF's numbers.
The only named student to be a part of this group is Ryo Sugawa.
- An Axe to Grind: To uphold their dateless status, they use, among a list of weapons, axes.
- Berserk Button: Mention a girl being nice and prepared to be crucified.
- Blatant Lies: A survey displaying the opinions towards a rumor about Akihisa: "...after knowing about this suspicious incident, the F class' students view on the male student suspect are as follows- Death 32%, Deal Death Without Hesitation 25%, A Little Troubled But Death 23%, and Other Forms of Death 20%. As this was an important classmate they were punishing here, the students were severely divided over opinions."
- The Bro Code: Fits this to a T.
- Cavalry Betrayal: They help you in a summon war but if they hear you were with a girl in anyway they will turn on you, just ask Akihisa and Yuuji.
- Crazy Jealous Guys: Because they don't win the gals.
- The Face: Ryo Sugawa, the only member with an actual identity.
- Faceless Goons
- Hollywood Dateless
- If I Can't Have You: These dateless losers decide to hunt down any lucky guy who has girls swooning for him. Especially Akihisa.
- Malevolent Masked Men
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Suicide Attack: They used a Zerg Rush version of this in Episode 11 of Season 1.
- Token Evil Teammates
The soft-spoken, if assertive, Class Representative
of 2-A. She was Yuuji's childhood friend, and now dreams of marrying him... whether he likes it or not.
- The Ace: She's good at everything except technology.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She's very pretty, calm and graceful (when she isn't in Yandere mode) and has long dark blue hair.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Played for Laughs. She often threatens Yuuji with this, and will tell him if he doesn't do what he said he was going to, such as win a competition, they would get married immediately. It usually works.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: A large part of why she likes Yuuji so much is because he was the only person who talked to her like a normal person. Everyone else seemed fearful of her status as a rich girl. And she misinterprets a lot of things Yuuji does for her sake, such as when he beat up those 6th grade kids who were attacking her, and later a Jerk Ass couple who made fun of her while she was in a mock wedding with Yuuji. And his attempts to paint himself as though he's not the right guy for her backfires every time, and only makes her fall more in love with him.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Towards Yuuji. Eventually evolves into a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Brains and Bondage: She's the smartest in the year AND she likes to tie Yuuji up a lot.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Yuuji. At the end of volume 11, Yuuji finally confesses his love to her.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: She promises this to Yuuji's mother after he saves her from some bullies, with her complete blessing towards it.
- Class Representative
- Clingy Jealous Girl: The most dangerous one in the series. She won't allow Yuuji to even look at another pretty girl and repeatedly pokes his eyes until they're sore to prevent it.
- Cry Cute: When she hears Yuuji's Love Confession at the end of volume 11.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Determinator/Plucky Girl: No matter how many times Yuuji turns her down or her attempts to marry him fail, she will never give up on him.
- Domestic Abuser: Towards Yuuji.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Her abuse on Yuuji is one of the most extreme cases of this on record and it's taken to a scary degree. She pokes his eyes until they're sore so he doesn't look at other girls, routinely tazes him, breaks into his house, tries to rape him, and tries to kill him twice. Once when she thinks that he said "Himeji's more my type than Shouko. And she's got bigger boobs too!" (he didn't). Then when she tries to drown him so she can give him CPR. And not only does anyone not pay it any mind, but their friends actively ship the pair. If their positions were reversed and Yuuji did even one-tenth of the things Shouko does to him, he would be reviled as a monster at the very least.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Emotionless Girl: She is usually this to everyone else than Yuuji.
- Eye Scream: "DOUBLE-EYE-POKE!" are just one of her painful Yandere moves.
- Face Palm of Doom
- Godiva Hair
- Hair Decorations
- Heroines Want Redheads
- Heroic BSOD: Was teetering on one for the majority of the latter parts of Volume 11. Koyama's crush on Yuuji was a shock for her, and the fact that she was taking on the brunt of the paperwork did her no favours either.
- Hime Cut
- Hypocritical Humor: She told Aiko not to harass Kouta much. Guess what she did to Yuuji 15 seconds later.
- If I Can't Have You
- Insistent Terminology: Yuuji is not her boyfriend, he's her husband.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Post-Love Confession.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Her avatar wields one.
- Keystone Army: For Class A.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Other kids were afraid to approach her as a result of her status. Only Yuuji talked to and treated her like a somewhat normal person, hence part of her interest in him.
- Lovely Angels: With Himeji in Episode 7.
- Mad Love
- Mistaken for Gay: Because she is crazily in love with Yuuji she rejects all men who want to go out with her, which initially created the impression to others that she is a lesbian.
- Ms. Vice Girl: Heavy emphasis on vice.
- Official Couple: With Yuuji, as of volume 11.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt
- Rapunzel Hair
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Rescue Romance: The real reason why Shouko is so obsessed with Yuuji. He pulled a Big Damn Heroes moment to save Shouko from 3 boys who tried to bully her after she tried to stop them from writing some vicious lies on his PE clothing; he tried to come up with an excuse not to help, but in the end saves her. Although he tries to pass it off as nothing, Shouko is really touched by that action that she vows to his mother to marry him someday.
- Self-Proclaimed Love Interest: She declares herself Yuuji's wife. Everyone but Yuuji seems to agree with her.
- Ship Tease: With Yuuji. She's egged on by other characters — including Akihisa.
- Shock and Awe/Electric Torture: If Eye Scream isn't a viable option.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Yuuji-sexual.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man
- Spanner in the Works: Functions as this to Yuuji. Because she is his childhood friend she can see through all his plots.
- Stalker with a Crush
- Static Stun Gun
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Shouko normally is shown to be very calm and collected and rarely shows strong emotions to others. Her cute side is reserved to Yuuji, but she usually expresses it in a rather scary way.
- Supreme Chef: She trained herself in every way to be the perfect house wife to Yuuji, including this.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Unwanted Spouse: To Yuuji.
- Walking Techbane: Technology is the only subject she's not good at.
- Weapon of Choice: A taser.
- Woman Scorned: Played with in-universe, Shouko consider Yuuji cheating if he is near/talking/running from any girl (or Hideyoshi). As well she thinks he's a bit too friendly with Akihisa.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Has the looks with her dark hair and almost Hime Cut as well as the intense desire to be a wife. She varies slightly in the uses a katana instead of a naginata in battle. She varies even more with the rest of her personality.
- Yandere: She will do anything to have Yuuji. This goes both ways.
- You Gotta Have Dark Blue Hair
A green-haired girl and a bit of a troublemaker who might be Kouta's equal in terms of Health and P.E., except she adds that she has "practical" experience in that area.
A calm, collected boy who usually sticks to a tight schedule and has very good grades as a result. However, after a small misunderstanding, he thought Akihisa was trying to hit on him, and now happens to have a crush on Akihisa.
Hideyoshi's twin sister. Unlike him, she is prideful, haughty and pretty arrogant, but has the grades to back it up.
- The Ace: She's beautiful, smart, atheltic, a decent cook (from what little information is known about her)... but can't sing. In comes Hideyoshi, who helps solve that issue but... well, Hilarity Ensues. It's interesting to note that even though she's The Ace, it's Hideyoshi who's a lot more popular than her. See Green-Eyed Monster.
- A-Cup Angst: She might have a bit of an issue with her breasts, which Akihisa kind of pointed when she put him into a wrestling move disguised as Hideyoshi... It's a Long Story.
- Arrogant Kung Fu Girl
- Berserk Button: Turns out Yuuko might have a thing about her weight, and oddly enough Hideyoshi points this out to her when he dressed up as her. Her skirt is a bit loose around his waist.
- Between My Legs: Twice in Episode 12.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: More of a wolf in cat's clothing but its the same idea.
- Covert Pervert: A Yaoi Fangirl who, if Hideyoshi is to be believed in the light novel, walks around at home wearing nothing but panties.
- Furthermore she has a thing for girly guys... just like Hideyoshi and Akihisa.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She's the only one who hurts Hideyoshi in the light novels. Compare what she does to him like what Minami does to Akihisa.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Literally and Implied — her bad treatment of Hideyoshi may stem not only from his poor grades and his crossdressing, but also out of jealousy over the fact that he attracts more guys than she does. This is probably helped by his genuinely nice personality and his general androgyny.
- Hair Decorations
- Half Identical Twin: With her brother Hideyoshi.
- I Can Explain: This type of trope pops up whenever Hideyoshi starts cosplaying, and people mistake him for her. Needless to say she gets pissed and starts breaking his joints.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine Girl to Hideyoshi's Feminine Boy, much to her dismay.
- Meaningful Name: Yuuko means "superior child".
- Meido: She and her brother have worn the uniform before. You decide who looks prettier.
- Moment Killer
- Perverse Sexual Lust: In Volume 9 she is dissapointed that the pretty ones are only in 2D.
- Pet the Dog: In Volume 9 she actually helped Akihisa sneak back into the school as a class F vs C war was going on.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Hideyoshi — she is smart but haughty; he is not too smart but kind.
- Ship Tease: With Akihisa, of all people. Later on its confirmed she does like Akihisa... She thinks he would make a good puppy.
- Akihisa's inner monologues also tease a bit. While Akihisa makes it a point to comment on Hideyoshi's cuteness, he describes Yuuko as the "pretty" one of the Kinoshita siblings.
- Talking To Herself: Shares the same voice actress with her brother, on both languages.
- Tsundere: Potential one for Akihisa and she already fills out the part by beating the crap outta him. She thinks he's an idiot... and a pretty one.
- Tsurime Eyes
- Worthy Opponent: Seems to consider Akihisa one later on in the series. A good majority of her effort in the third summoning war between A class and F class is devoted to trying to take him out early on; calling him the "first key affecting the war".
- Wrestler in All of Us: Knows a wrestling move or two.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Limited to fiction, apparently. Her favorite genre is two pretty boys making out.
A minor Class A student who was Akihisa's opponent in Physics during the Test Summon War, where she easily defeats him.
- Curbstomp Battle: Delivered one to Akihisa when they faced each other during the Test Summon Wars. Their battle in Volume 10 does not end this way.
- Underestimating Badassery: Not during the Test Summon Wars. Rather, this hapens in Volume 10 where her remembrance of Akihisa's defeat at her hands and his laughable revelation led her to underestimate him when she went to cut him off as he was racing to stop Kubo. The match subject was Japanese History which is Akihisa's speciality, and he dealt enough damage to her to the point where another Class F student could barely finish her off.
- You Shall Not Pass: To Akihisa in Volume 10, when he went to fight Kubo a second time. She fails.
A cunning schemer and Class Representative
of Class B who's willing to cheat his way to victory and good grades. He tried forming an alliance with Class C, only to be defeated by Yuuji and his own plan, forcing the poor guy to get dressed in female clothing and get photographed by Yuuji as leverage to force his class into fighting Class A.
Genji HiragaClass Representative
of Class D.
A lesbian who is madly in love with Minami, even if that love is unrequited.
Voiced by: Yuko Takayama (JP) and Anastasia Munoz (EN)Class Representative
of Class E and a natural athlete. Though she has bad grades, her athletic talent gives her greater endurance. Her Summoned Being appears in the form of a basketball player.
Tokonatsu aka Yūsaku Tsunemura and Shunpei Natsukawa
Kousuke Okano (Yusaku - JP), Yuki Ono
(Shunpei - JP), Corey Cleary-Stoner (Yusaku - EN), Austin Tindle
(Shunpei - EN)
Two recurring third-year students who attempt to ruin Class F's Cultural Festival.
- Butt Monkey: Nothing good happens to them. Special mention to Shunpei, thanks to the fact that "Aki-chan" stuck "her" bra on him to make it seem like he's a pervert and the bra remained on him for the rest of his appearances.
- Cheaters Never Prosper
- Hypocrite: The Tokonatsu duo threaten to expose Akihisa and Yuuji's cheating during their match despite having also cheated the entire time.
- Filler Villain: For the OVA's, though they later appear again in Season 2.
- Hate Sink
- Hidden Depths: Both are members of their year's Class A, believe it or not. As such, both are powerful battlers.
- Hopeless Suitor: Yuusaku has a crush on Hideyoshi. Tragically, his affections are not returned.
- In-Series Nickname: The two are sarcastically referred to as "Tokonatsu," which means "Eternal Summer". Toko-natsu itself is a combination of the first kanji of both of their surnames.
- Japanese Delinquents: Their speech patterns have that signature unrrruly feel.
- Those Two Bad Guys
- The Worf Effect: Why Akihisa and Yuuji were able to handily beat students who are not only their seniors, but Class A material.
Voiced by: Saori Yumiba (JP) and Martha Harms (EN)
The member of Tea Ceremony Club and Gymnastics Club. First appears during the Ghost Outbreak Arc to defeat Kouta (and the rest of the boys except Hideyoshi, Akihisa and Yuji. She is also Yuka's sempai in the Tea Ceremony Club.
A boy transfered during the Summon War between Class-F and Class-C.
The one with highest grade in Year 3.
- Foil: To Akihisa. Both are interested in the same woman and want the best for her, both are willing to go to rather extreme lengths to ensure this, both can be easily duped into doing things with the right (or wrong) words, both tend to misunderstand things that should be obvious, and their control over their summons are matched by none. Their differences are that Akihisa is dumb, but goodhearted and wears his heart on his sleeve and so is ultimately able to act in Himeji's best interests rather than what he thinks is in her best interests, while Takashiro is ultimately much smarter than him, but lacks Akihisa's caring heart which does not make him consider that Himeji might not want what he himself believes to be in her best interests. He is also much, much more manipulative than Akihisa.
- Irony: Despite his manipulative ways, he himself is easily duped.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Lightning Bruiser: In contrast to most A Class students, his summon is this as not only does it possess high scores, but his level of control over it is on par with Akihisa himself. His words imply this to be because he was constantly duped into doing many menial tasks for the student body with his summoned being until Akihisa was made into the "Punishment Inspector". In other words, he was the precursor to the Punishment Inspector before the concept had even been introduced.
The old principal of Fumizuki High. Her name is never directly mentioned in the anime.
A soft-spoken teacher who used to be 1-F's homeroom teacher, but later became the narrator after being replaced by Nishimura-sensei.
A hardcore master of discipline who possesses great physical ability and serves as the current homeroom teacher of 2-F. He is the one who drags students off to remedial lessons if their Being gets KO'd in battle. Whatever the time, place, number of students or even relevance to school, he will pop up and drag them all back for those lessons.
- Badass Normal: He can take on Akihisa's avatar and win, despite its ability to interact with physical objects.
- Big Damn Heroes: In Episode 12 of Season 1 when Himeji, Akihisa, and Minami are about to fall he catches them and lifts the chain up through the sky.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Catch Phrase: "Those who died, meet me in the remedial classroom!"
- Genius Bruiser: Can fight all boys of class F and has the second highest score of the 2nd year teachers (the Class A teacher Takahashi has the highest score).
- In-Series Nickname: "Tetsujin" or "Ironman".
- The Juggernaut
- Large Ham: Especially whenever anyone's avatar loses all their health.
- Lemony Narrator: On occasion, when he trades duties with Fukuhara.
- One-Man Army: He took on all the boys from Class F and won.
- Meaningful Nickname: Ironman literally is tough as iron as he can shrug off Aki's summon hitting like nothing.
- Non-Giving-Up School Guy: He invokes this trope by showing up out of the blue anywhere an avatar has "died", whether in a school battle, or even while taking a bath at a bathhouse, to take them to remedial classroom.
- Pet the Dog: Nishimura-sensei was assigned as Class F's homeroom teacher as the latter's penalty for narrowly losing their ESB against Class A thanks to Yuuji failing to properly execute his part of his own plan. However, he decides not to immediately put them through his notorious remedial lessons for once as recognition for their valiant efforts.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Most of his decisions become rather understandable once you consider that he's never aware of the actual context it would take to let most of the main cast's antics to slide. For instance, trying to keep Akihisa from getting into the girls' baths. And he doesn't just make reasonable decisions in situations like those. No one argued with his decision to kick Miharu out of Class-F when she started another one of her Psycho Lesbian tirades.
- Sadist Teacher: Considered one by the people who get taken away for remedial lessons.
- Stealth Hi/Bye/Dynamic Entry: He almost always seems to be around whenever an avatar's points reaches 0, whether it's at school, or in a bath house.
- Stern Teacher
- Super Strength: One way to see his ability, considering he can carry 2 over the shoulder while also carrying 2 under the arms.
- Tap on the Head: How Akihisa managed to beat him (only time anyone managed this so far) during the study camp arc.
Yoko Takahashi is the Head Teacher of Year 2 and the homeroom teacher of class A.
A 45-year-old Math teacher rumored to threaten students into going out with her through manipulating their grades.
Minami's little sister who refers to Akihisa as "baka na onii-chan" ("stupid brother"), and talks about marrying him one day after he saved up money to buy her a giant stuffed doll.
Akihisa's 23-year-old sister with a bust that rivals Mizuki's. She studied at Harvard, but comes back to Japan later in the story to look after Akihisa. Considering some of her dialogue, it's possible that she has a brother complex or is just very good at teasing him in order to get him to do better. Unlike her brother, she's very smart, but bad at cooking.