And The Fandom Rejoiced: Anime
Anime and Manga fandoms are known for being particularly reactive to large announcements; here's a list of some major moments to enjoy
Anime with their own pages:
open/close all folders
- .hack has been stuck in the limbo since Bandai Entertainment got itself a "restructuring" back in the days but wait! What's this?! Funimation acquired them? They rescued it from from being stuck there? HOORAY!!!!
- So, with FUNimation dubbing Attack on Titan, who are they announcing as Eren's VA at Anime Boston? I hope it's either Josh Grelle or Greg Ayres....wait, they got Bryce Papenbrook as Eren Yeager! Nice move, Mike.
- Ah, FUNimation is dubbing Axis Powers Hetalia? Cool...Wait, they're using accents?
- There was also a small bout of panic when it was announced that the Ending Theme was going to be changed. And then the preview for Hatafutte Parade was released...
- Some against type casting (mainly Vic Mignogna as Greece) was offset by some really great choices for Belarus, Rome, Chibitalia, and Sealand. And then came some of the main characters, sending the squees to a fever pitch.
- Hetalia season four? Zippedy-doo-dah! FUNimation licensed that, season three, and the movie, all on the same day? HALLELUJAH! I'll go get the defibrillators...
- So Himaruya's taking Christmas requests again this year? Sweet...HOLY CRAP IS THAT FRANCE!? LET THE 2010 BLOODBATH BEGIN!
- In general, when a country is revealed the fandom rejoices (especially fans from said country). Fans will also rejoice if a country is added into the manga plot.
- When Himaruya returned after an 8 month haitus, there was much rejoicing done on tumblr and livejournal.
- Season 5? Great! New designs that are much closer to the manga artwork? AWESOME!
- 2014 was a year of awesome for Hetalia fans. A bi-monthly comic is running in Shonen Jump, a whole 3 years since the strips were running at a regular and constant pace. The flood of new content was overwhelming for fans. Then Hima released designs for the UK brothers, all of whom he has been hinting at since the beginning of the webcomics. Then he introduced Portugal, a character whose designs' were released a good year ago and fans have been waiting eagerly for. It really was a great year for the fandom, especially considering discussions of it dying...down of...HOLY CRAP, SEASON 6 IS HAPPENING! WOO!
- For the love of God, the Berserk anime is getting a remake?! Susumu Hirasawa is back?! OOOHHH YEAAAAH!!!
- It is now confirmed that Berserk will soon be issued in a whole new anime, now with a short to prove it indeed. Fangasm ahoy!!
- Bah, they'll just do the same thing they did with the orig- wait a minute, is that the Skull Knight? OH. MY. GOD!
- The new Berserk anime will be made up of three films, and they all got licensed by Viz Media? Nice! But Viz is in California while the voice actors from the dub of the original anime are in New York, so they'll probably replace all the voice actors. Wait, they got all three of the main characters' voice actors back?!
- Black Butler is getting a second season, with Sebastian and Ciel gone for good? None of the cast returning? Oh WTF come on how-...Then came the day when episode one of Black Butler II premiered. Let's just say the advertising team trolled the entire fandom.
- Same for the newBlack Butler arc, "Book of circus". The first trailer alone was enough to win back the fans who actually hated the second season. Awesome music? Checked. No mention of Alois or Ciel being a demon? Checked. And then we had and absolutely epic curb-stomp battle in the first episode...some reviewers even say that this may be the best season of all three.
- Black Lagoon dubbed by Canadians? Oh crap, not another disastrous dub...WOAH! They had more F-bombs than the Japanese original!? In good English!? With actual, believable accents!? This is going to be fun!
- Blue Exorcist is getting an English dub? Thank you, Aniplex USA! Wait...you're getting Johnny Yong Bosch to play Yukio? Awesome- that's the fifth Jun Fukuyama role he's dubbing!
- Mini-Skirt/Bodacious Space Pirates? I'm not sure about this...Oh, so Tatsuo Sato is the director? Sounds like it might be fun. (2 years later) What the— Sentai's pre-emptively licensed this series? Sign me up!
- When the Book Adaptation of Breath of Fire IV came out, reactions ranged from "HOLY CRAP THEY'RE DOING SOMETHING WITH THE FRANCHISE" to "They Changed It, Now It Sucks" to "Why the hell did Capcom wait seven friggin' YEARS to license this?" (Did we mention the entire franchise had been in Development Hell for approximately four years?) This was, of note, until they SAW some later scenes in the aforementioned manga—particularly the scene where Soniel is decapitated by Fou-lu which is a massive Take That to the bowdlerisation of the scene in the game and Cray PUNCHING YUNA SO HARD THAT HE SLAMS HIM INTO A WALL AND CRATERS IT.
- Why does Australia have to get remasters of Card Captor Sakura and we Americans don't?! We haven't gotten new DVDs since Geneon's demise and it's likely the series will never be picked back up—-SAY WHAT?! Discotek Media just got the rights to the first movie and are releasing the remastered version?! TAKE MY MONEY, DISCOTEK!!!
- NISAmerica JUST GOT THE SERIES!!! But wait! It says there's going to be a monaural edited English dub in there. They can't be referring to the atrocious Macekre that was Card Captors, right—THE ANIMAX DUB?!? The one Madman Entertainment tried to get but couldn't because it was too financially taxing?! WE LOVE YOU, NIS America!!!
- Dang it, Sentai Filmworks, how could they not give Chuunibyoudemo Koiga Shitai! an English dub, but instead give one to a barely recognized show such as Hakenden?! W-wait, what's that? THIS LISTENED TO US?! CHUNIBYO'S GETTING AN ENGLISH DUB AFTER ALL?! REJOICE!
- Bandai's dubbing Code Geass? Boooooriiiing! Wait, Crispin Freeman as Jeremiah!? Yuri Lowenthal as Suzaku!? Michael McConnohie as Emperor Charles!? Man, I'm gonna watch this!
- Danganronpa is getting an anime! And its small but devoted fanbase cried tears of joy!
- Date A Live gets a second season. Cue much rejoicing. Especially since the LN readers are sure that season 2 will be much better than season 1.
- Death Note is getting dubbed, and they casted Brad Swaile as Light Yagami? ...Holy crap! He really pulled off that evil laugh there!
- Wow, the Devil May Cry anime is licensed in America. Let's hope ADV knows what they're- hold up, Reuben Langdon as Dante?! This party's gettin' crazy!
- Digimon Frontier: Ayumi Miyazaki or AiM not in it? I'll pass...Wait, Kouji Wada is doing all the songs? FIRE??? WITH THE WILL!!!!!????? YES!!!!
- After Disney bought the company that dubs Digimon, the very first thing announced was that they'd go dub every movie that had been made up to that point (starting with Revenge of Diaboromon). And there was plenty of cheering.
- Digimon Adventure is finally being released on DVD?! After about...what?! Thirteen whole years?! BANZAI!!! But wait! It's not bilingual! Well, it's better than nothing right? Hopefully we'll get the other—WHAT?! Digimon Adventure 02 is gonna be released as well?! ZOMG!!! Thanks, New Video Group!!!
- How do you celebrate 15 years of Digimon? Five words: Taichi. Seventeen years. High school. Welcome back to the Adventure era, everyone.
- Fans have been getting very excited about Digimon Adventure Tri and its focus on the original team.
- The songs "Butterfly" and "Brave Heart" are going to return in the new season!
- Unless it's by Osamu Tezuka, classic anime never seem to get dubbed in North Americ-wait, DID I HEAR THAT DORAEMON IS GETTING SHOWN ON DISNEY XD? This is amazing!
- A few months before this announcement, the manga got translated into English.
- I've read that they'll do many edits to Americanize this sh-DID NOBY JUST SAY DORAYAKI IN THE FIRST EPISODE? Awesome!
- The FUNimation dub for Dragon Ball Kai had Freeza recast and voiced by a male voice actor (Christopher Ayres) whose performance will supposedly be very faithful to the Japanese version. It's what the fandom's been waiting for ever since the Kai dub was announced.
- The creation of the "dub with Japanese music" track for the Dragon Ball Z season sets. The issues with "remastering" and the cropped aspect ratio harmed this somewhat.
- Later when the Dragon Ball GT season sets were announced...Correct aspect ratio, less problematic remastering, removal of the Theme Tune Rap and replacing it with an English version of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku sung by Vic Mignogna. Also, the Dragon Ball season sets finally (after almost 15 years) making the first 13 episodes available uncut and bilingual in America.
- And of course, the fact that Funimation are now releasing the Dragon Boxes for Z. The ultimate remastered version done for the Japanese home release. And at a much cheaper price than they were in Japan.
- And now Dameon Clarke is set to reprise his role as Cell in Kai.
- However, unfortunately, this news is not without it's disappointing tradeoff. Meredith McCoy's famously sexy Android 18 vocal depiction is now gone, as she has not come back from retirement for the role. But we got Colleen Clinkenbeard!
- To the delight of several fans though, McCoy did return as No. 18 for the English dub of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
- An example from the Hungarian fanbase, which went through some zigzagging: In late 2011, news hit of a Dragon Ball show finally airing on TV, 12 years after its infamous cancellation. Fans went nuts. Then it turned out it's only Dragon Ball GT. Fans lost faith. Then they revealed the dubbing studio managed to reunite a large bulk of the original cast, save for a few very minor characters. Fans cried happy tears.
- Less than a year later, another Hungarian TV station announced that they're be re-airing Dragon Ball Z. The hitch is that it's shown with the original dub, which was infamously shoddily retranslated from the French version and Edited for Syndication, but on the bright side, this means the brilliant former voice cast isn't getting replaced, plus the bare fact that it returns after over a decade of being off the air is more than enough of a reason to rejoice.
- And another year thereafter, the same TV station revealed that they've bought all of the episodes and are planning to keep airing them without any breaks (previously, only the first 52 got repeated over and over). So after a 14 year wait, for the first time, the dub may be shown on television in its entirety.
- Not only has it been announced Kai will continue throughout the Buu saga, but Kyle Hebert has announced he's reprising his role as teenage Gohan.
- The bad news: It turns out that the "Buu Saga Kai dub" isn't happening - yet. The good news is the Japanese version of Kai's Buu saga dub is going to be officially airing in Japan just in time for DBZ's 25th anniversary, which hopefully means that the option isn't off the table just yet.
- FUNIMATION IS DUBBING BATTLE OF THE GODS! And it's getting released in theaters!
- The English rights to Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F were confirmed a month before the film was even released in Japan, and it's confirmed that the film will be getting a U.S. theatrical release in Summer 2015.
- Aniplex is distributing Durarara!! in America. Dammit, they're probably not even going to bother with a dub and...Huh? They are giving it a dub? Well, they'll probably outsource it to Singapore and give everyone crappy voices and...Wait a sec - Crispin Freeman is gonna be in it? As Shizuo!? THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST DUB EVER!
- Subverted in the case of the Eden of the East dub. Apparently, Oasis' label did permit Funimation to get the rights of the anime's OP, "Falling Down"...but only for the first episode.
- The Fairy Tail anime is coming back, and Aya Hirano is staying on as Lucy, despite the fears of the fandom!!!
- At Otakon 2012, FUNimation announced that they had the rights to episodes 49-72 of Fairy Tail, and the movie, The Priestess of the Phoenix. The best part? They literally got the go-ahead to announce those additions to Fairy Tail that morning.
- Otakon 2014, FUNI revealed a new set of voices for Part 13... wait a second, Michael Jones? As in Achievement Hunter Michael Jones?! SWISS FUCKING CHEESE!
- So they are going to do an anime of Fate/Zero, guess we are going to have to get used to Studio DEEN somehow messing this one up...Wait, it's not Studio DEEN? It's ufotable doing the animation and they hired the Drama CD VA's? Nice. But what about the music...Yuki Kajiura (another person familiar with Kara no Kyoukai, having done the haunting sound track there. Also just finishing a stint with Puella Magi Madoka Magica). This is going to be good...
- Wait? Fate/Zero airing on Neon Alley? It's getting an English dub? And they got the top union-only voice actors in it? FUCK YEAH! Screw The Other Darrin, This is gonna be awesome!
- Fate/Zero was a pretty faithful and awesome adaptation. Too bad that the ones for the first two routes of Fate/stay night sucked and that Heaven's Feel will nev-, wait? What's that? There's gonna be a remake of Fate/Stay Night. Well I hope it doesn't turn out lik-, WAIT, Ufotable is animating? Hell yeah!
- Heaven's Feel movie confirmed. Unlimited Blade Works anime series confirmed. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN. Woo WOO!!!
- Another Fullmetal Alchemist anime? Sigh, you know what they did the last time...Hey, isn't that Ling Yao and Lan Fan?!
- Wait a sec...Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham are back?! The (almost) original cast? Cue fangasm! Oh, the Risembool Rangers and the Miniskirt Army are gonna be all over this!
- They're replacing Roy Mustang's voice actor? Screw that! Wait...they've got Miki Shin'ichiro?!
- Rumors that [adult swim] had 3 new anime? Eh, it's probably gonna be an attempt to troll us with more Tim & Er-- Wait, it's confirmed that one of them's the new Fullmetal Alchemist? YES!!!
- Bah! They'll just shove it into 2 AM with no advertising — Wait, it's at 12 AM? And there are actual ads? Hey, AS cares about anime after all!
- Olivier said "...passed down the Armstrong line for generations!"?! FOR THE FIRST TIME?!
- Ugh, they're probably just going to be like, "shouldn't have worried, blahblahblah..." Wait, whoa. WHOA. Did Roy just seriously hug Riza?!
- Another corny train leave...what the hell are they saying...Wait, did Ed just propose?!
- Oh God, the anime isn't following the manga! Hey...wait...This is AWESOME.
- A certain faction of the fandom experienced another one with the publication of the third art book and its Word of God pronouncement that the Roy/Riza ship is, in fact, canon. Specifically, the author said that the military's anti-fraternization law is the only thing keeping them from getting married.
- They'll dub FMA for German release, huh? Oh well, at least you can assume they won't butcher the script, and you can always turn on the original with sub- HOLY SHIT they cast DAVID NATHAN as Roy?! THE GERMAN VOICE OF JONNY DEPP?!!!
- Many fans were resigned to the belief that there would be no more Ghost in the Shell anime. Then, Production IG announced that they were working on a new Ghost In the Shell series which will be released in 2013! YES!
- Gintama's announcement that they were going to release the Benizakura arc was a Big "YES!" for the fandom. And then, when they decided to bring back the TV series a year later, everyone went nuts.
- On the US side of things, the fans were sad that Sentai Filmworks stopped releasing the TV series...until they eventually licensed The Movie (which covers the Benizakura arc, from the unlicensed portion of said adaptation), with an English dub made for it. To top it off, the ADR director isn't Steven Foster. Needless to say, much joy was had at that point.
- April 2012. Gintama was gone, ending with a real closure this time despite one last attempt to troll. But fast forward to August and wait...it couldn't be...a second film with Sorachi himself involved? AND IS THAT SHIROYASHA IN THE TEASERS? Sunrise you really do care! But that's not all. The TV anime is returning with not only reruns but new episodes too!! In the 6pm Thursday slot!! Roll on October.
- When they casted Yuuichi Nakamura as Kintoki, fans thought it was the best casting ever, considering that the former and Tomokazu Sugita (who's Gintoki) are practically Heterosexual Life-Partners and having these two try to grab the spotlight of the Kintoki arc would be an immense amount of trolling.
- They're finally releasing the original Gundam series in an Anime Legends pack? Well, that's good news I suppose, since the originals are long out of print. Wait, we're finally getting the Japanese audio too?! Squeee!
- "Crap, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE looks like it's gonna be a stupid kids' show. Wait...JAM Project are doing the OP? This is gonna be awesome!" Ok...we kinda got jossed on that part.
- But Kei Yoshikawa is now doing the music for the seires. WHICH MEANS...
- And you thought AGE-1 is just that, AGE-2 and AGE-3 MS have been revealed, and they're a homage to the Zeta and Double Zeta! EPIC!
- It may not be Crossbone but an animated Pirate Gundam? HELL YEAH!!
- For all the faults that Gundam Seed Destiny gets, one of the biggest casting coups is that they got Shuichi Ikeda (AKA Char Aznable) to play Gilbert Durandal in his first AU Gundam work (second if you count his role as Commander Sazabi).
- Two years after Bandai Entertainment's downfall, Sunrise teams up with The Right Stuf to distribute the Gundam series in North America, including Turn A Gundam.
- Haganai gets an English dub? YES! Jerry Jewell is Kodaka? OH YEAH! Jad Saxton as Sena?! Wait! She was Haruna and is kicking well! And Alexis Tipton as Rika? SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET MY MONEH!
- Season two of Haruhi Suzumiya was such a let down...we didn't get any Vanishment episodes..."Endless Eight", you are officially forgotten. Wait, a movie...BASED ON VANISHMENT?!!!!.
- Not to mention the movie appears to have art close to Season 1, as opposed to the low-quality "K-On!-ification" of Season 2.
- The dub of Season 2 will be released in a boxset. Thanks Cristina!
- Wait, Bandai didn't just license Season 2, but also the movie?! AND Haruhi-chan and Nyoron Churuya-san?! And they're all being dubbed?!! (cue mass applauding)
- As for the Kyon/Yuki shippers, there was much cheering, and Squees after the whole movie. Yuki has a major crush on Kyon, and the tugging of his jacket, and her Woobie-ness...
- They're gonna release the 1st part of Novel 10 in the next Sneaker magazine? Pfft...*2 months later* OMG! It's true! There's a 70-page preview! Ryoko is back!
- While Baka-Tsuki project has been forced to stop, you can still find translations on the internet, and according to the BT forums, the Cease and Desist letter only covered the first 9 novels. It's now up to the translators to see whether they want to risk angering the lawyers.
- There'll be a spinoff anime of The Melancholy of Yuki Nagato! The franchise is still alive!
- The English dub of Hellsing Ultimate got this when it was announced that pretty much all of the English cast for the TV series, including Crispin Freeman, would be returning. Rightly so, considering that, if anything, the dub of Ultimate is even better than the original series' dub.
- And in November 2011, Funimation announced they will finally dub episodes 5-8 with the same cast and crew as before. Much rejoicing indeed.
- Plus, "When You Start the War, Fight With Arrows, Spears and Swords!" was one of the most popular songs from Hellsing TV. When we heard it as the ending theme to Hellsing Ultimate episode 8, we were so happy.
- Come October 28, 2014, the English dub of OV As 9 and 10 will be released, completing the series.
- So the High School DXD anime is over. Issei defeats Riser in an Engagement Challenge and gets the girl of his dreams (Rias) to like him. So all is well. But wait. Sirzechs and Grayfia did mention the "Vanishing Dragon" at the end. Maybe there's hope for a second season.
- Wait, a second season has been announced? Hell yeah!
- And a second OVA episode will come in 2013? Right after the first one was released in Japan?! And it's also written by Ishibumi himself?! AWESOME!!!
- Season three has been green-lit! Only three words to describe this: ALL HAIL OPPAI!!!
- So Hanamaru Kindergarten Finally Gets a Dub?! HECK YES!
- Man, Initial D will probably never get a proper adaptation...wait, Funimation got it? AND they're giving it a proper dub with the Eurobeat?
- Jojos Bizarre Adventure is FINALLY getting a proper anime adaptation?! And it's coming this October?!! "YES! YES! YES! YES!"
- Whoa, hold the phone. CyberConnect2 is making a fighting game too?! And it's gonna cover all parts of the manga?! Man, Christmas must've come early this year!!
- Then, when you start watching the anime and what do you see? Okay, Dio kicked Danny, but what is this? ARAKI'S GIANT ONOMATOPOEIA ARE IN THE ANIME!!! And it becomes even more awesome when you the Ending: Roundabout, by Yes, with a really wonderful animation.
- And now Part 3 is getting an anime next year?! WRRRRRYYYY!
- Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland will come to Blu-Ray. They'll probably cheap out on extra content like for the DVD, but at least we can watch the movie in HD...and with Japanese audio and English subtitles? Plus, Studio Ghibli's pilot will get included as a bonus feature? Goll-ee!
- Loveless being re-released as a dub? YES!
- Lucky Star's getting dubbed? Oooookay...Wait, dubbed by the same people who brought us Haruhi Suzumiya? DARLING DARLING PLEASE!
- It was nice of Discotek Media to bring over First Contact, even though we likely won't be getting any more Lupin the 3rd entries for a long ti—What? They just got the first season, with the green jacket Lupin and the episodes done by Hayao Miyazaki? I don't care if it's not dubbed, this is awesome!
- Lyrical Nanoha: Reinforce (Eins) fans cheered when it turned out that their beloved Ein would be getting more screentime.
- Oh great, a new Nanoha manga based around card games and no magic? This is going to...Wait, is that Precia? Linith? Alicia? And they're NICE?! Wait, is that Fate? Fate and Alicia are both alive?! Cool! And they work with Lindy? Awesome!
- Yeah, but that's not really that...Did I just see the Materials? The Florian sisters? Yuri? And the Materials and Yuri have last names now?! Holy fuck yes!
- Hayate and her family will probably be...Reinforce Eins Yagami?! Screw the movie, this is getting awesome!
- Yuuno's slated to actually be in this manga too? Holy damn, it's like 7arcs is trying to apologize to everyone for every perceived slight the franchise has had since A's ended almost 10 years ago.
- Too bad Smile Of A Child TV lost the rights to Ai No Wakakusa Monogatari also known as Little Women.:( WHAT?! SOME OTHER CHANNEL GOT THE RIGHTS?! And it's Cartoon Network?! And getting Redubbed?! But what's redubbing it? OMFG ITS Saban Brands?! Let's see the Cast! Cherami Leigh as Jo,Stephanie Sheh as Beth,Monica Rial As Meg,Mona Marshall as Marmee,Crispin Freeman as John?! Bryce Papenbrook As Laurie?! Steven Jay Blum as Anthony?! AND Reba West AS AMY AGAIN?! HELL YES! MARCH SISTER MADNESS! AND ITS UNCUT?! HELL YEAH! AND ITS SCHEDULED ON 2015?! ON SPRING?! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!
- Funimation licensing One Piece after 4Kids lost the rights. Nothing more really needs to be said here.
- The announcement that Funimation would be releasing episodes again after over a year.
- For manga readers, the news that Viz would be releasing five volumes per month starting in 2010, bringing the English edition up to speed with the Japanese one.
- A more minor example, but many fans were happy when it was announced that professional translator Stephen Paul was hired to translate the manga for Shonen Jump Alpha.
- Holy crap! Funimation just licensed both the fifth season and...STRONG WORLD?! Funimation, all my money!!!
- One Piece HAS NOW BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED TO JOIN [adult swim]'s TOONAMI LINEUP!!!!!!!!
- Come September 30th, not only will Funimation start releasing Thriller Bark, but they're also releasing One Piece Film Z! Keep it coming Funi!
- All right, so FUNimation set up a beta version of their new site and- wait, they got Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt? Nice!
- Meh, they'll probably just use Hulu to host their vid- wait, they're not using Hulu? You mean Canadians can actually watch their streams? Sweet.
- Persona 4 is getting an anime!? And it's not going to be a spin-off!? SQUEE!
- Pretty Cure. Usually, it takes a few weeks of the season actually being on the air for things to settle down. When HeartCatch Pretty Cure! was announced, everything began as normal. Then Nana Mizuki, best known for her roles as either adorable love interests, Dark Magical Girls or both, was cast as the lead. A good number of arms were laid down that day.
- The fact that one character will be orange and another green in Smile Pretty Cure! made the fandom overjoyed.
- Many fans were disappointed when Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage reduced the Futari Wa Pretty Cure Max Heart, Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star and Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GO!GO! casts to The Cameo. The first original trailer for New Stage 2 has now revealed that, at the very least, the Max Heart and Yes teams will have much bigger roles than last time. You were missed, girls. Sadly, only the Max Heart team got speaking roles.
- Looks like New Stage 3 is really ramping things up here as the first trailer shown on Happiness Charge Pretty Cure shows the Smile team interacting with the team they're Expies of, the Yes! team. Even more, Cure Honey may be the first mainline Cure to make an appearance in a movie first instead of the series proper and Ayumi's making a combeback, too. Oh, and everyone's voiced.
- Happiness Charge Pretty Cure? The title sounds so cheesy and girly! I wonder if the series will be super girly and cheesy—wait, what?! The main character is the BLUE cure instead of the PINK one?! A purple cure who has a grudge against the main character? Tons of mystery in the background? A male friend who helps fight the evil minions some of the time?! Sign us up, Toei!!
- Oh, and each episode also begins with a Couch Gag where a cure from one of the previous series introduces the show!
- Dammit, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is being postponed indefinitely...how can can this be happen—Hang on, They're going to air the final 2 episodes after all? THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! and it's Back-to-back, even!
- The Sailor Moon manga is being re-released in Japan, Italy, and America?
- A BRAND NEW REMAKE is being produced and will air IN SUMMER 2014! It will get a simultaneous world release too!? In the name of the moon, Sailor Moon is BACK to punish evil once again! YES! YES! YES!!
- JULY 2014, mark your calendars and cross your fingers, people!
- And the now, the first look at Sailor Moon Crystal. OMG...
- VIZ HAS THE ORIGINAL ANIME! And it's a new UNCUT dub to boot! AND IT INCLUDES SAILOR STARS!!!
- Subverted in Canada, where that segment of the fandom is instead getting completely snubbed.
- Bah, none of that matters for the Latin-Americans fans, we're getting so screwed that despite having probably the best dub, we won't even see an official releas- What do you mean that the awesome Mexican Dub is getting DVD box-sets? With the openings restored and redubbed, remastered audio and video, and the original audio with subtitles? YAY!
- The English Viz cast has been announced. Holy SHIT...
- The yuri manga Sakura Trick is getting an anime? Eh, it'll probably be overdosed on Ship Tease and vague subtext, like practically every anime with yuri. Wait...the lead girls have a page-long makeout session...in the first chapter? And another one in the second chapter?! YAY!
- Samurai Pizza Cats to be released DUBBED AND SUBBED in DVD. DISCOTEK, ALL MY MONEY!!!
- Sadly, Japan is getting the Box Sets earlier on than US. Take that!
- It also got an official book released, and new toys are on the horizon. All this after around 2 decades of absolutely nothing.
- This is a bit old, but...MEDIA BLASTERS LICENSED THE FIRST SEASON OF SAYONARA ZETSUBOU SENSEI!!! Finally!!! Now if only they would stop postponing its release...
- Sengoku Basara had an animation series, and then FUNimation picks it up for dubbing. We know the disaster of Devil Kings so I guess they will dub them as Devil Ki—HOLD UP, THEY ARE DUBBING IT AS THE ORIGINAL SOURCE OF SENGOKU BASARA!?!? PUT YA GUNZ ON!!!
- What? Reuben Langdon is not reprising his role as Date Masamune for the anime? Boo...Wait a sec, what's this?? Stephanie Sheh and Laura Bailey as Kasuga and Oichi!? Oh the bliss of Sheh orgasming! And Bailey is probably the most perfect person to lift up the American hate towards Ichi! This is still going to be great, even without Masamune sounding like Dante...
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear is getting a second season, okay more Nana Mizuki singing and Kicking ass. Let's see the new additions to the cast: Yōko Hikasa and Yui Horie. Good, good. Nana Mizuki and Yōko Hikasa IN A DUET!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!
- FUNimation dubbing Sgt. Frog could be considered one of these moments, though many fans were wary of the dub using a loose translation, which could go either way...then it was revealed that Christopher Sabat is voicing Giroro.
- Of course, a loose translation was exactly what the Sgt. Frog anime needed, in order to offset how watered and toned down the anime production was from the original manga. To say nothing of how the implementation of it was almost sheer genius in everything from episode titles to obscure references that even the nerdiest nerds of nerdom wouldn't have expected.
- Oh and of course, the "Test Episode". WHAT IS THIS?? NATSUMI RENAMED TO NATALIE?? THE FROGS NAMES CHANGED TO BE ONE LESS SYLLABLE? PLANET WUSSIAN?! MISTER FURBOTTOM?!? WHAT ARE THEY DOING, IT'S RUINED FOREVER!! Oh wait! They listened to the fans feedback and the real series will have no transliterated name changes after all?? Hooray for FUNimation!!!!
- The new seasons of Slayers are being dubbed by FUNimation? Oh, great, they'll probably just end up getting ADV's cast from the movies and-WHAT? They're bringing back the voice actors from the first three TV series?! OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!
- Sword Art Online is getting an anime release? They're going to cover up to the Fairy Dance arc? Awesome!
- And Yuki Kajiura is composing the soundtrack. Hell yeah!
- SECOND SEASON. PHANTOM BULLET. GUN GALE ONLINE. YES.
- Until this new series comes on, where can I watch Sword Art Online now that its run on Toonami is fini....it's on Netflix!?
- The original Light Novels are being released in America by Yen Press. No-one thought this would happen.
- From Viz Media in New York Comic Con: Tiger & Bunny is getting an English dub
- To Love-Ru is already long over. What? Its got an anime called Motto To Love Ru. Sweet. A couple months later, the manga announces its triumphant return, with extra plot and a double dose of fanservice. Incredible. Then its announced that there will be side chapters published in a sister magazine. Better and better. And the newest piece of news? To Love-Ru To Love-ru Darkness is having an anime release? The one manga that was declared too hot for tv is being released on tv? YES! I AM SO WATCHING IT! Its a good day to be a To Love Ru fan.
- So NIS America said they were looking into dubbing at AX 2013, yawn...if they going to keep their word on... what this? They're reissuing Toradora! with an English dub on Blu-Ray? It's being dubbed by Bang Zoom! Entertainment, and they got some nice voice actors in the cast? This is gonna be awesome!
- Man, Tsuritama is never gonna get dubbed! Sentai's just gonna give it a sub only release—WHAT?! ITS GETTING DUBBED AND A BLU-RAY?!? YAAAAY!!!
- When They Cry:
- A lot of people were really annoyed when they heard Sayaka Ohara playing Beatrice for the first time on a drama CD of the second arc of Umineko: When They Cry. Her voice was too low and deep, there was no way that she could troll and cackle the way Beatrice is supposed to. Then they actually got to hear her in the anime. Let's put it this way - there's a reason that both of the quotes on her page are from Umineko.
- Higurashi Kira? Pfft...What a way to milk the franchise, Studio DEEN....Wa—- Wait, what!?◊
- Adding to Higurashi Kira, the latest preview for episode 3 features Mion x Keiichi. At least half the fandom (excluding Keiichi x Rena fans) squeed here.
- The trailer for the Kaku movie. Specifically, the part where Rena battled someone with a gun, wielding only a cleaver. In glorious, glorious, modern animation. It looks like the next entry of Higurashi will return to the blood and gore that we all love.
- The World God Only Knows. Fans go absolutely crazy anytime one of Keima's Unwanted Harem girls appear outside their capture arcs.
- The Goddess arc is going to force Keima into looking for Goddesses residing in his old capture targets?!?! MY BODY IS READY!!!
- X-Men being aired on G4 with an English dub...oh great, they're going to get Milo Ventimiglia back as...wait...Steve Blum coming back as Wolverine in the X-Men anime!! W00T!!! Marvel, you have finally been redeemed in the Marvel anime project.
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Manga. Akira Himekawa, what have you done to Astrid?! Linebeck?! Or, Link and Tetra, for that matter?! OK, this is, officially, the worst Manga adaption since Oracle of— Princess Zelda goes badass spirit-form?! Screw the DS game, this should have been in Brawl!
- Ironically, the very same plot-twist caused a Fandom Rejoice moment for the next installment of the games, Spirit Tracks. Apparently Nintendo was running out of ideas and took a look at the Manga...except that the Game Spirit Zelda is awesome for completly different reasons than the Manga Spirit Zelda
- Goddamn Funimation pandering to lolicons and perverts by licensing the second season of Strike Witches and Girls Bravo—Wait, they also licensed Eva 2.22 and Summer Wars? I-I'M FREAKING OUT A LITTLE!
- Anime Expo 2011, big time. Licenses include Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Blue Exorcist Ao No Exorcist, Steins;Gate, Deadman Wonderland, the anime version of ef - a fairy tale of the two., Kimi ni Todoke, and many more! Our wallets are going to hurt very soon.
- Fall 2011 Anime: FATE/ZERO ANIME BY UFOTABLE and KALAFINA?!?! PERSONA 4?!?! Old news, *Spit Take* THE THIRD SEASON OF SHAKUGAN NO SHANA!?!? THE SECOND SEASON OF SHINRYAKU IKA MUSUME!?!?! A K-ON MOVIE!!! FALL IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!
- Sentai Filmworks rescued both Rozen Maiden series and will release them in a collection. That's nice, though Funimation already released them, so— Hold the phone! They got the Ouverture OVAs too? Worth it, even with no dub— What? They ACTUALLY GOT Bang Zoom! Entertainment to dub them, and there will be an individual release, too? You have my respect, guys!
- The relationship between Sentai and Bang Zoom! continues with the licensing of the Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works movie and the second season of K-On!, getting the old dub cast members back. Naturally, fans rejoiced.
- Well, Shakugan no Shana III is JC Staff's main anime this year, I guess we'll have to wait another year for A Certain Magical Index III and A Certain Scientific Railgun II— Wait, A movie for Index is coming out this year!? YESSSSSSS!!!
- Cartoon Network brought back its Toonami block as an April Fools' Day joke on [adult swim].
- AND IS CONSIDERING BRINGING IT BACK!
- TOONAMI'S BACK BITCHES.
- A shame that older series won't be return- Is that Eureka Seven coming back for Toonami? AWW YEAH!!!!
- 'It's expanded to SIX HOURS THE MIDNIGHT RUN IS BACK!!!'
- A shame that Toonami doesn’t have a lot of funding for long runners right now... wait, what you say? Naruto’s coming back to Toonami? AND IT'S UNCUT?! Aww yeah!
- Toonami seriously needs to have more high-profile anime that is not Bleach or Narut- Huh? They're gonna air Soul Eater?! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!
- After those releases, it's gonna be hard to follow up with those sho- What? Evangelion 1.11 is coming to Toonami? That's not all. One Piece is coming to Toonami in the near future?! That means that for the first time, all three SJ anime will air side-by-side!
- And Evangelion-2.22 is going to air!
- FREAKING SARA AND IGPX ARE BACK! Oh, and TOM 5 and a new Absolution.
- Man, with the big 3 and Soul Eater, what's Toonami gonna do for an encore...wait, did Toonami just pick up Sword Art Online? HELL YES!
- Toonami announced on their tumblr that they'd be simulcasting the world premiere of Space Dandy on January 4th. That by itself is just fine and dandy, But Wait, There's More! Space Dandy will be used to kick-start an extended Toonami block, airing at 11:30 PM. They really aren't kidding when they say Toonami is "building you a better cartoon show".
- So, aside for Space Dandy, what else is Toonami up to...wait, Naruto is leaving!? Does Toonami really believe that idiocy about Naruto killing Toonami..... wait, Naruto Shippuden is going to premier WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE!?! ON TOONAMI! 2014 will be awesome!
- You know, I think Soul Eater and Sword Art are ending in March, wonder what Toonami will get to replace their soul themed, great soundtracked brilliance of English Dubbing....Blue Exorcist!!!!!!
- So, we can probably assume that Sword Art is being replaced by Blue Exorcist, but what is replacing Soul Eater....Black Lagoon!? Its truly going to become ADULT swim Toonami now
- So, Toonami is doing a whole block to promote the X-Box One? Console Wars Neutrality aside, this means that the block will get a money boost, so we should be prepared for anyth.....WAIT, WERE THOSE CLYDES!?
- Yawn, the wait up to Toonami on Adult Swim is so boring, nothing but reruns of Seth Mcfar....wait, what was that commercial. Is it...can it..........Attack on Titan....premieres its dub May 3rd.!?!
- Toonami is showing off for the summer with the dub for Titan and the rescueing of Beware, I wonder what they....Cooler's Revenge is airing? Um...Cool, I guess....kind of a odd choice, but cool.
- And for the first time ever, aired on U.S. TV with the original Japanese soundtrack!
- And speak of the Devil....Dragon Ball Kai is going to Toonami in the Fall!
- Toonami becomes a hundred percent, no a thousand percent more manlier with Gurren Laggan coming this August!
- Toonami's running low of Black Lagoon episodes, they will need to replace it with something new soon, but I wonder what....what, it can't be.... Something so dark....so horrifying.....Crispin Freeman.......AND FULL LENGTH! OG NARTUO BEING REPLACED TOO!
- Bad news, Toonami's later hours were cut. But don't worry, Toonami hasn't lost it's way just yet, with Kill La Kill coming!.
- Discotek Media is actually bringing over the Shin Getter Robo VS Neo Getter Robo OVA after more than a decade!? F*** DINOSAURS!
- And they picked Mazinger Z AND Cutey Honey as well? And we're finally going to see an uncensored version of Mazinger Z in the US??? Discotek, you rock!
- On October 20 of 2012, there is this new anime named Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de. Let's see what is it about! So, it is a war between the Segua Kingdom and the Ninterdo Empire. That sounds familiar. So, the protagonists is named Gia and it is based on Sonic the Hedgehog. Seems like it is going to be some crap written by Sega fanboys. Let's take a look at the characters◊. So, it is got 9 Ninterdo characters and only 5 Segua, it is getting better. Wait, a minute, that Masa dude? HOLY SHIT! IT IS AN EARTHBOUND CHARACTER! That anime is going to awesome!
- Remember all those anime series based on Light Novels? Y'know, like A Certain Magical Index, Durarara!!, and Bakemonogatari? Remember how you were sad that you'd only get to read Fan Translations of the anime's source material? Guess what happened in 2015? Light Novels are coming out in English. Lots of them.