You suckers need to make Christine Marie Cabanos' page look tentacular!Started out as a obscure production assistant of many popular Bang Zoom! Entertainment titles like Haruhi Suzumiya, Christine Marie Cabanos (born July 12th, 1988) (And much like Johnny Yong Bosch, you can abbreviate her name to just 'CMC') is one of the newer talents becoming well-known within the anime fandom thanks to her breakout role as Azu-nyan in K-On!. Since then, Cabanos has been cast into lead characters who happen to be cute young girls such as Squid Girl, Filia, and Madoka. That is to say, however, that she does an amazing vocal range for a newcomer as this video shows. She's also an Idol Singer as well and posts many of her Image Songs in her YouTube channel.Most of her training and experience is mainly thanks to the workshops by Tony Oliver (which he has the knack of casting her when he's the ADR Producer). She's often cast alongside Cristina Valenzuela.Her Texan counterparts (if you consider typecasting), are Jad Saxton, Bryn Apprill, Tia Ballard (for Dallas), Margaret McDonald (though her voice isn't high pitched like Christine's), Caitlynn French, Hilary Haag (for Houston), and Monica Rial (for both Houston and Dallas). Her Canadian counterpart is Andrea Libman (for Vancouver). Her Spear Counterparts are Sean Michael Teague (for Dallas), Clint Bickham and Corey Hartzog (for Houston), and Greg Ayres (for both Houston and Dallas). In the Japanese side, her counterparts in terms of roles are Kana Hanazawa and Yui Horie. In terms of vocal range and typecasting, her Japanese counterparts are Rina Hidaka and Yui Ogura. Brittney Karbowski, who also happens to be Rina Hidaka's Texan counterpart in terms of shared roles, is slowly becoming her Texan counterpart in terms of Token Mini-Moe roles.Has a Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter account.
Notable roles by Christine Marie Cabanos:
- Almiria Bauduin from Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Azusa Nakano from K-On!
- Haruka from Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror
- Hiromi Sugita from ERASED
- Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn/Mistress 9 in the Viz dub of Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars (First anime role with Studiopolis)
- Ivan Whisky (a.k.a. 001) from Cyborg 009 Vs. Devilman (one of her first male roles)
- Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Mako Mankanshoku from Kill la Kill
- Michi Kondou from Rinne no Lagrange
- Minawa Ando from Mahoromatic
- Minori Kushieda from Toradora!
- Nadja and Pisti from Magi – Labyrinth of Magic
- Nina Klein in Aldnoah.Zero
- Reina from Pokémon Origins
- Ruka Asato from Accel World
- Shiemi Moriyama from Blue Exorcist
- Silica from Sword Art Online
- Sonoko Nogi from Yuki Yuna Is a Hero
- Squid Girl from Shinryaku! Ika Musume
- Chiaki Nanami from Super Dangan Ronpa 2
- Filia and Fukua from Skullgirls
- Gabriele and Ingrid from Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven
- Karin in Fairy Fencer F
- Keina Swaya from Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
- Lisette in Stella Glow
- Marie Rose from Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Arcade Edition
- Nepgear/Purple Sister from Neptunia and the anime adaptation
- Symonne from Tales of Zestiria (reprised in FUNimation's dub of the Anime of the Game)
- Tioni from Mugen Souls Z
- Usalia from Disgaea 5
- Wedi from Time and Eternity
Tropes associated with Christine Marie Cabanos:
- But Not Too Foreign: She is of Filipino heritage.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Her voice is naturally higher-pitch than normal, which is why she is often casted as lolis.
- Gamer Chick: She plays Grand Theft Auto V, Pokémon, and Skullgirls.
- Idol Singer: Like Cristina Valenzuela.
- Nice Girl: Some of the characters she voices have this personality. Shiemi Moriyama, Nepgear, Mako Mankanshoku, Minori Kushieda, Usalia, Lisette, and Madoka are borderline examples.
- Older Than They Look: She's in her late 20's, but she looks like she could still pass as a high schooler. The fact that she currently wears braces only adds to this. In addition, some of the characters she voices are also this.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Many of her roles tend to be female Token Mini-Moe. Bonus points that many of them tend to be Nice Girls.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Has a very good fashion sense, and even when she's not dressed up she's really pretty.
- Spiritual Successor: Considering the similar vocal ranges she could pull off she is easily considered to be the successor to both Stephanie Sheh, Lara Jill Miller and Sandy Fox (especially with Sandy Fox as they are both typecast into lolis and they both have similar vocal ranges). Coincidentally enough, both Sandy Fox and Christine Marie Cabanos ended up working together thrice (see Relationship Voice Actor on the Trivia page).
- Tender Tears: She's known to handle scenes where her characters break down in tears easily such as Madoka and Shiemi Moriyama.
- Token Mini-Moe: Some of her roles she voices happen to be lolis. Compare Azunyan, Squid Girl, Nadja and Pisti, Madoka, Gabriele, Nepgear, Marie Rose, Usalia, and Silica. She's establishing herself as the Los Angeles counterpart to Rina Hidaka, a Japanese voice actress who's known to voice lolis in anime and video games alike.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Landed with six different great roles.