You suckers need to make Christine Marie Cabanos' page look tentacular!
Started out as a obscure production assistant of many popular Bang Zoom! Entertainment
titles like Haruhi Suzumiya
, Christine Marie Cabanos is one of the newer talents becoming well-known within the anime fandom thanks to her breakout role
as Azu-nyan in K-On!
. Since then, Cabanos has been cast into lead characters who happen to be cute young girls such as Squid Girl
, and Madoka
. That is to say, however, that she does an amazing vocal range for a newcomer as this video shows
. She's also an Idol Singer
as well and posts many of her Image Songs
in her YouTube
Most of her training and experience is mainly thanks to the workshops by Tony Oliver
(which he has the knack of casting her when he's the ADR Producer). She's often cast alongside Cristina Valenzuela
Her Texan counterpart (if you consider typecasting), Jad Saxton
, Tia Ballard
(for Dallas), Margaret Mc Donald
and Hilary Haag
(for Houston). In the Japanese side, her counterparts in terms of roles are Kana Hanazawa
and Yui Horie
. In terms of vocal range and typecasting, her Japanese counterpart is Rina Hidaka
Has a Facebook
, and Twitter
Notable roles by Christine Marie Cabanos:
Tropes associated with Christine Marie Cabanos:
- But Not Too Foreign: She is of Filipino heritage.
- Gamer Chick: She plays Grand Theft Auto V, Pokémon, and Skullgirls.
- Idol Singer: Like Cristina Valenzuela.
- Nice Girl: Some of the characters she voices have this personality. Shiemi Moriyama and Madoka are borderline examples.
- One of Us: She watches anime, enjoys cosplay, sings covers of several popular anime and videogame songs, and she plays videogames.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Her roles seem to be young protagonist ones that overlap the Moe trope.
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Cristina Valenzuela, Shelby Lindley, Sarah Williams, and Cassandra Lee several times.
- Also, casted three times with Bryce Papenbrook in Blue Exorcist, Pokémon Origins, and Sword Art Online. In these three anime, Bryce plays the lead protagonist who is a Nice Guy at heart while Cabanos plays as a character in the eyes of the Bryce Papenbrook's character as a love interest, a friend in need, and a Little Sister Heroine respectfully.
- Super Dangan Ronpa 2 presents a whole different relationship between Bryce and Cabanos, as the characters they play are neither friends nor enemies, and yet are both considered the main deuteragonists by the fandom. Made even more interesting is that Bryce's attempts to save her gets Cabanos executed.
- In the other side of the Pacific, she has shared two characters with Yui Horie. Neptunia's Nepgear and Toradora!'s Minori. Same with Kana Hanazawa with Blue Exorcist's Shiemi and Super Dangan Ronpa 2's Chiaki.
- Outside of the newcomers, she's also started developing this with veteran VA. Karen Strassman, Kyle Hebert, Carrie Savage and Johnny Yong Bosch are the most notable.
- Star-Making Role: Azunyan.
- Spiritual Successor: To Sandy Fox. As they are both typecast into lolis and they both have similar vocal ranges. It also doesn't help to note that Sandy Fox isn't as active in anime voice acting as she was in the past.
- Token Mini-Moe: Some of her roles qualify such as Azunyan, Squid Girl, Nadja and Pisti, Madoka, Nepgear, Marie Rose, and Silica. In fact, it's best to say that lolis are her main forte
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: For a newcomer, she has a potentially wide vocal range.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Landed with six different great roles.