Creator: Christine Marie Cabanos
You suckers need to make Christine Marie Cabanos' page look tentacular!
Started out as a obscure production assistant of many popular Bang Zoom! Entertainment
titles like Haruhi Suzumiya
, Christine Marie Cabanos is one of the newer talents becoming well-known within the anime fandom thanks to her breakout role
as Azu-nyan in K-On!
. Since then, Cabanos has been cast into lead characters who happen to be cute young girls such as Squid Girl
, and Madoka
. That is to say, however, that she does an amazing vocal range for a newcomer as this video shows
. She's also an Idol Singer
as well and posts many of her Image Songs
in her YouTube
Most of her training and experience is mainly thanks to the workshops by Tony Oliver
(which he has the knack of casting her when he's the ADR Producer). She's often cast alongside Cristina Valenzuela
Her Texan counterparts (if you consider typecasting), are Jad Saxton
, Tia Ballard
(for Dallas), Margaret Mc Donald
, Caitlynn French
, Hilary Haag
(for Houston), and Monica Rial
(for both Houston and Dallas). Her Canadian counterpart is Andrea Libman
(for Vancouver). Her Spear Counterpart
s are Sean Michael Teague (for Dallas), Clint Bickham
and Corey Hartzog (for Houston), and Greg Ayres
(for both Houston and Dallas). In the Japanese side, her counterparts in terms of roles are Kana Hanazawa
and Yui Horie
. In terms of vocal range and typecasting, her Japanese counterparts are Rina Hidaka
and Yui Ogura
. Brittney Karbowski
, who also haapen to be Rina Hidaka
's Texan counterpart in terms of shared roles, is slowly becoming her Texan counterpart in terms of Token Mini-Moe
Has a Facebook
, and Twitter
Notable roles by Christine Marie Cabanos:
Tropes associated with Christine Marie Cabanos:
- But Not Too Foreign: She is of Filipino heritage.
- Cute but Cacophonic: Her voice is naturally higher-pitch than normal, which is why she is often casted as lolis.
- Gamer Chick: She plays Grand Theft Auto V, Pokémon, and Skullgirls.
- Idol Singer: Like Cristina Valenzuela.
- Nice Girl: Some of the characters she voices have this personality. Shiemi Moriyama, Nepgear, Mako Mankanshoku, and Madoka are borderline examples.
- One of Us: She watches anime, enjoys cosplay, sings covers of several popular anime and videogame songs, and she plays videogames.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Her roles seem to be young protagonist ones that overlap the Moe trope.
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Cristina Valenzuela, Shelby Lindley, Sarah Williams, and Cassandra Lee several times.
- Also, casted three times with Bryce Papenbrook in Blue Exorcist, Pokémon Origins, and Sword Art Online. In these three anime, Bryce plays the lead protagonist who is a Nice Guy at heart while Cabanos plays as a character in the eyes of the Bryce Papenbrook's character as a love interest, a friend in need, and a Little Sister Heroine respectfully.
- Super Dangan Ronpa 2 presents a whole different relationship between Bryce and Cabanos, as the characters they play are neither friends nor enemies, and yet are both considered the main deuteragonists by the fandom. Made even more interesting is that Bryce's attempts to save her gets Cabanos executed.
- In the other side of the Pacific, she has shared two characters with Yui Horie. Neptunia's Nepgear and Toradora!'s Minori. Same with Kana Hanazawa with Blue Exorcist's Shiemi and Super Dangan Ronpa 2's Chiaki.
- Outside of the newcomers, she's also started developing this with veteran VA. Karen Strassman, Kyle Hebert, Carrie Savage and Johnny Yong Bosch are the most notable.
- Star-Making Role: Azunyan.
- Spiritual Successor: To Sandy Fox. As they are both typecast into lolis and they both have similar vocal ranges. It also doesn't help to note that Sandy Fox isn't as active in anime voice acting as she was in the past.
- Tender Tears: She's known to handle scenes where her characters break down in tears easily such as Madoka and Shiemi Moriyama.
- Token Mini-Moe: Some of her roles she voices happen to be lolis. Compare Azunyan, Squid Girl, Nadja and Pisti, Madoka, Nepgear, Marie Rose, and Silica. She's establishing herself as the Los Angeles counterpart to Rina Hidaka, a Japanese voice actress who's known to voice lolis in anime and video games alike.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Landed with six different great roles.