Christopher Klucsaritis (1970-2010) was an American professional wrestler from Sunnyside, Queens, NY, best known for his time in WCW under the names Mortis and Kanyon from 1997-2001. The Mortis gimmick was based on the Mortal Kombat characters Reptile and Scorpion as part of the Blood Runs Cold feud with Glacier. After the feud ended, Mortis dropped the mask and gimmick and became Kanyon. He held the WCW World Tag Team Titles twice with Diamond Dallas Page and Bam Bam Bigelow as the Jersey Triad in 1999. Prior to WCW, he had also wrestled for Jim Cornette's Smoky Mountain Wrestling, ECW, and WWE as a TV Jobber.
After WWE bought WCW in March 2001, Kanyon was brought in as part of the WCW/ECW InVasion/Alliance storyline. During this time, WCW World Heavyweight Champion and WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Booker T awarded Kanyon the US Title, and he and DDP defeated the APA (Faarooq and Bradshaw) for the WWE World Tag Team Titles before losing them 12 days later to The Undertaker and Kane. After leaving WWE in 2004, he competed in many independent promotions around the U.S. and Canada.
Unfortunately, Kanyon committed suicide on April 2, 2010 after years of suffering with Bipolar Disorder.
The Other Wiki has a good writeup on his career.
Not to be confused with Mortiis.
"Whose tropes are better than Kanyon's? NOBODY'S"
- As Mortis: Glacier and Ernest "The Cat" Miller
- As Kanyon in WCW: Perry Saturn
- As Kanyon in WWF: The Undertaker, although it wasn't mutual - Kanyon was never more than a minor annoyance to Taker.
- Ascended Extra: Had previously been a Jobber as a member of the tag team Men at Work with Mark Starr and then with Mike Winner, as well as being one of the Lifeguards (Lumberjacks) for the Ric Flair-Randy Savage match at WCW Bash at the Beach 1995, July 16, 1995.
- Badass Gay: It wasn't made explicit until the latter years of his career
- The Cameo: As Chris K., defeated Raven at TNA Turning Point 2005, as Director of Authority Larry Zbyszko's specially chosen opponent for Raven, who was feuding with Zbyszko at the time.
- Catch-Phrase: See the page quote, also used "BANG!" as "Positively" Kanyon
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: In WWF. After being one of the few WCW guys to actually get air time during the InVasion, Kanyon simply disappeared. He made a one night return where he attempted to ambush The Undertaker at Paul Heyman's behest and got beaten within an inch of his life instead. After that he worked dark matches both as Kanyon and Mortis but never appeared on TV again and was eventually released.
- Cool Mask: As Mortis.
- Dem Bones: His mask and costume as Mortis.
- Downer Ending: He suffered bipolar disorder, had a depressive episode, and committed suicide with a bottle of antidepressants.
- Finishing Move: (as Mortis): The Flatliner (second-rope Samoan Drop), the DOA (Reverse STO); (as Kanyon): the Flatliner/I'm Better Than You (Reverse STO); (as "Positively" Kanyon): The Kanyon Cutter
- Game-Breaking Injury: Suffered an ACL tear in a dark match with Randy Orton on October 29, 2001.
- Heel: Spent the vast majority of his career as one. Men At Work weren't really high enough on the card to have a fixed alignment, but Mortis was always heel. Kanyon was a face when he first debuted but quickly turned heel.
- I Have Many Names: Chris Morgan, Chris Kanyon, Mortis, Kanyon, Chris "Champagne" Kanyon, "Positively" Kanyon, Chris K., Darkbird
- Joisey: As a member of the Jersey Triad
- Power Stable: (in WCW)
- Raven's Flocknote
- The New Blood (initially led by Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff with Jeff Jarrett as the focus before the group fell apart.)
- (in WWE): The Alliance (led by Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Paul Heyman and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin).
- (in OVW): The Revolution (led by Doug Basham and also featuring Damaja [WWE's Danny Basham], Rob Conway, Big Bad John [Heidenreich], Mike Hardnote , Mark Magnus, Queen Victorianote and Jackie Gayda.)
- Red Baron: "The Innovator of Offense," "Champagne," "Positively," "The Alliance MVP"
- Straight Gay: Until he decided to come out, no one had any idea he was in the closet to begin with.
- Tag Team:
- Men at Work (with Mark Starr and with Mike Winner)
- with Wrath
- The Jersey Triad
- Taiwan: Was billed from Taipei, the capital city, as Mortis, with the explanation that he had to wear a mask because he had suffered facial injuries while competing there in underground pit fighting.
- That Man Is Dead: Averted. As he said on the May 25, 1998 WCW Monday Nitro, "Mortis died, but I survived!"
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Feuded with and teamed with DDP and with Raven.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: Men at Work had a construction worker gimmick.