As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Alliterative Name
- Arch-Enemy: In real life, Manabu Nakanishi. It traced back to their young lion days, as Nakanishi received special treatment due to his legit wrestling credentials while Kashin (who has also a few wrestling accolades, but not so many) did not.
- Bash Brothers: With Team JAPAN.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Among other things, he insists Tokimitsu Ishizawa and Kendo Kashin are not the same person, but best friends.
- Cool Mask
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Beaten in an MMA battle with Ryan Gracie in two minutes. Amusingly enough, the rematch was almost the inverse - he won when Ryan injured himself (or so he said) after being dominated.
- Finishing Move: He uses a flying armbar, although with several variations.
- I Know Amateur Wrestling: A highschool champion. He also trained sambo with Hiroshi Hase, shoot-style with Kazuo Yamazaki and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at the Inoki Dojo.
- Jerkass: Every time he opens his mouth.
- Masked Luchador: It is easy to mistake him for a lucha libre high-flyer, as he is a junior heavyweight who wears a Cool Mask and can bust pretty agile moves, but his moveset is actually based around tricky grappling instead of aerial attacks.
- Non-Indicative Name: He didn't train in kendo. In fact, his name come from the popular gimmick Kendo Nagasaki and "Kashin", a made up word which some European promoter thought it sounded exotic.
- Red Baron: "Mondaiji" ("Problem Child").
- Secret Identity: Kashin insists that he and Tokimitsu Ishizawa are two different people and that Ishizawa is just his best friend. Unsurprisingly, nobody buys it.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His name is sometimes written as "Kendo Ka Shin", probably because some sites are insecure about the name being "Kendoka Shin" (as in kendoka, a kendo practitioner - see Non Indicative Name above) or "Kendo Kashin" (which is the correct spelling).
- The Unfavorite: Was generally despised by the American crowds during his Ring of Honor matches, mostly due to his poor performance and the Executive Meddling that forced his victories.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Both in kayfabe in real life with Manabu Nakanishi.