Imagine a Product Placement film. As in, it's a film made up entirely of product placement.
Logorama is a short animated French film released in 2009, directed by Francois Alaux, Herve de Crecy, and Ludovic Houplain. Although the film was made in France, the dialogue is entirely in English.
Running 17 minutes long, the film takes place in a world where corporate logos make up the scenery, and mascots are the citizens. Two cops—all the cops are Michelin Men—go on a high-speed chase against an armed robber who turns out to be none other than Ronald McDonald. The chase ends up with Ronald crashing his truck and taking hostages inside a diner; the hostages include a Bob's Big Boy◊ child and a sexy Esso's Oil Drop Girl◊ waitress.
It won the Oscar for Best Animated Short at the 82nd Academy Awards.
Compare to the feature-length Foodfight!.
This short film displays examples of the following tropes:
- Astronomic Zoom: Inverted at the end, where following the city-wide Kill 'Em All, the camera pans outwards at a great speed showing Earth, then zooming past other planets, ending with a zoom out from the Milky Way.
- Bond Gun Barrel: When Ronald kills a Michelin cop.
- The Cameo: Pringles Original is voiced by David Fincher, the accomplished live-action film director.
- Camp Gay: Mr. Clean, the tour guide at the zoo, is very very campy.
- Cel Shading: The standard flat colors and sharp shadows.
- Decoy Protagonist: The two Michelin Man cops appear to be being set up as the main characters, but Big Boy and Esso Girl have taken over by the end.
- Diabolus ex Machina: The shootout/hostage situation between Ronald McDonald and the Michelin cops is short-circuited by an earthquake that comes out of nowhere and plunges the entire town into the sea. (The closing Astronomic Zoom reveals that Baja California has been turned into an island.)
- Expy: Ronald McDonald acts as one for Heath Ledger's The Joker.
- Hollywood Police Driving Academy: The Michelin cops go on a reckless, extremely dangerous high speed chase after Ronald, which includes running into and killing two M&M's crossing the street. (A chunk of M&M hits their windshield.)
- Kill 'Em All: The entire population of Logo Island is killed in an earthquake/gigantic oil spill at the very end, except for Big Boy, Esso Girl and (thanks to The Stinger) Ronald.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: For advertising mascots.
- Monster Clown: Ronald McDonald, a psychopathic armed robber and murderer.
- Product Placement: All over the place.
- Shout-Out: Slurm was one of the choices at the fast food restaurant the Michelin cops were ordering take-out at.
- The Stinger: After the credits roll, a bald, cross-eyed Ronald with missing teeth appears out of nowhere.Ronald: Ehhahaha I'm lovin' it.
- Visual Pun: Many. Mr. Peanut gets shot through the head by a sniper bullet, shattering his peanut shell, causing the peanut inside to spill out onto the floor of the diner.