The Grinch is a 2000 video game based on the 2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas! film. It was released for the PlayStation, Sega Dreamcast, Game Boy Color and Nintendo DS, which that port got released in 2007.
The Grinch provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: We get to see the other parts of Whoville such as the Whoforest, Whoville Municipal Dump, and Wholake.
- Adaptation Distillation: Unlike the film, we don't see why the Grinch wanted to ruin Christmas.
- Breath Weapon: The Grinch uses his stinky breath to attack enemies.
- Catchphrase: "Another one" is said by the Grinch frequently.
- Demoted to Extra: Mayor Augustus May-Who is only seen in pictures within Whoville.
- Evil Plan: The Grinch has to collect all blueprints and eventually ruin Christmas.
- Forced Tutorial: The player has to go through this at Mount Crumpit.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The Grinch has to collect the pieces of his blueprints.
- Ground Pound: The Grinch can "pancake" to destroy boxes.
- Guide Dang It!: The game is rather complicated for a game based on a kids' book.
- Loading Screen: The loading screen is green ooze that fills the screen and gets drained.
- Narrator: George Lowe narrates the game.
- Rewarding Vandalism: You get points for vandalizing pictures of Augustus May-Who.
- Rhymes on a Dime: The narrator speaks purely through rhyme.
- Truer to the Text: The game is more close to the book compared to the movie.