Fight Club is a 2004 fighting video game based on the book and film released for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. It takes place during the events of the film and focuses on an unnamed member of Fight Club/Project Mayhem who wants to join the ranks of Tyler Durden. Most of the cast from the film except Meat Loaf was replaced by generic voice actors. It is considered by many (including the author Chuck Palahniuk) as a generic fighting game that doesn't have the impact as the novel and film.
The first Trope of Fight Club is:
- Adaptation Expansion: Players get to see more about Project Mayhem's recruitment system.
- Canon Character All Along: The unnamed player character is the one who detonated the bombs planted at the credit card buildings.
- Guest Fighter: Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit is a playable character that can be unlocked.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Robert Paulson resembles his actor from the film.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: The ending made it clear that the Narrator and Tyler Durden are the same person, even if you haven't read the book or seen the film.
- No Name Given: We don't know the protagonist's name. His name can be customized in the game's story mode.
- Secondary Adaptation: It is a video game based on the film based on the book.
- Shot-for-Shot Remake: The ending is an identical shot for shot remake of the final part of the film.
- Unlockable Content: Abraham Lincoln can be unlocked as a playable character.