Prince Charles is impatiently waiting for his mother to die so that he can finally get a chance to be king. Camilla, meanwhile, is scheming to find ways to become to the true ruler of the British Isles. William and Kate, on the other hand, just want to live semi-normal lives without the pressure of being royalty. Harry, an illiterate fool, is carrying on an affair with Pippa, who is trying to manipulate everyone into supporting her lavish lifestyle.
The programme is notable in that everyone is considered fair game to be satirized... except the Queen.
This programme provides examples of the following:
- Adaptation Personality Change:
- Camilla is depicted as a schemer who is willing to do anything as long as she gets to be in charge.
- Kate and Pippa are reimagined as members of the Travelling community, with Pippa becoming a money-grubbing seductress.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Ellie Goulding is depicted as a very nice person who helps the disadvantaged. She's also a brutal Combat Pragmatist who can brawl with the best of them when pushed too far.
- Fallen-on-Hard-Times Job: Prince Edward is depicted working odd menial jobs for extremely low wages due to his various ventures turning out to be financial failures.
- The Ghost: The Queen and Prince Phillip are never seen and only mentioned. Prince Phillip makes his presence felt, however, through profanity-laced letters.
- Gold Digger: Pippa's affections wax, wane, and shift depending on the net worth of her love interests.
- Leitmotif: Sultry woodwinds play whenever Pippa shows up or she comes up with a scheme.
- Manchild: Charles is extremely immature and has no idea how the real world works due to being mollycoddled his entire life.
- Only Sane Man: William is the only member of the royal family who has any sense of what the actual man on the street requires.
- Rich Idiot with No Day Job: The entire royal family is depicted as having absolutely no purpose beyond living idle lives with the occasional public appearance.