Fergie Duhamel (born Stacy Ann Ferguson, March 27, 1975) is an American singer-songwriter and actress.
She got her start as a child actress, voicing Sally in several Peanuts television specials, and starring in the television show Kids Incorporated. In 1990, she co-founded the group Wild Orchids with fellow Kids Incorporated cast member Renee Sandstrom and newcomer Stefanie Ridel. She stayed with the group until 2001.
In 2006, she released her solo debut album, The Dutchess. She also continued her work with the Black-Eyed Peas, with occasional acting roles.
When the band went on hiatus from 2012-2014, she worked on her second album, Double Dutchess, which eventually dropped in 2017. On February 18, 2018, it was confirmed that she had left the Black Eyed Peas.
Throughout her career, Fergie struggled with substance abuse, which she touches on in some of her songs.
She was married to Josh Duhamel from 2009 to 2019, having one son together. She kept the surname after their divorce.
- The Dutchess (2006)
- Double Dutchess (2017)
Notable acting roles:
- Peanuts (1984-1986) as Sally Brown (voice)
- It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown (1984)
- Snoopy's Getting Married, Charlie Brown (1985)
- The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show (1985-1986)
- Kids Incorporated (1984-1989) as Stacy
- Monster in the Closet (1987) as The Little Girl
- Planet Terror (2007) as Tammy Visan
- Nine (2009) as Saraghina
- Marmaduke (2010) as Jezebel
Tropes found in her music include:
- Ass Kicks You: Does this telekinetically in the "Pump It" video. You know how telekinetics sometimes use hand motions to "throw" or "shove" someone? Fergie does it with her butt. (Or her hair, or her breasts...)
- Evil Is Sexy: Her psychopath stripper character in the music video for "Beautiful Dangerous", with Slash. Not only does she succeed in drugging him, tying him to a bed, and all that junk, but also kills him at the end with her knife!
- Lethally Stupid: In the music video for Clumsy Fergie kills her love interest when she accidentally throws him out the airlock of her spaceship.
- Rule of Sexy: A lot of her songs, music videos and performances love to highlight the fact that she is a very attractive woman.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: In Fergilicious the word "ass" is sensored by a sensual female sigh.Every time I turn around, brothers gathered 'round, lookin' at me up and down, lookin' at my [sigh]
- Stuffy Old Songs About the Buttocks: "My Humps" is all about this. Along with Buxom Is Better.