Jak Progresso, also known widely as Jak Tripper, is a former comedian turned underground rap artist whose works are a prime example of the Horrorcore genre. As standard with the horrorcore genre, his songs often deal with themes such as rape, murder, kidnapping, hardcore drugs, conspiracy, some occultism, and then a bit of egotism and his own unique dark poetry and bizarre metaphors.
Jak has collaborated with of number of fellow Horrorcore artists and other media producers. In summer of 2014, after exchanging words, Jak met cartoonist Emily Youcis at Tromadance and lended his music for her uupcoming Alfred Alfer movie.He is the founder and CEO of Blak Church Records.
- I Wish I Was Normal EP
- Corsican Brothers (Jakprogresso & DJ Camo)
- Occult Revival
- Demon Rum
- Notes From the Underground
- Occult Seminar
- Resin: The Lost Sessions EP
- Random Violence
- Don't Look in the Basement
- Melodies for Children
- Crawlspace Tapes Vol.1
- Return to the House
- Planet Asylum 2
- Planet Asylum
- The House That Jak Built
Tropes relating to this musician:
- The Charmer: A number of his songs chronicle him seducing women.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: In the mirror, as he plays with decapitated heads.
- Dead Guy on Display: In "Cattlegrid"."Look at my doll collection, mom. Pardon the flies."
- Lighter and Softer: "Butterfly Blood" of I Wish I Was Normal shifts from his tales of murder to a dark love ballad.
- Murder Ballad: Too many to name, most often concerning women he seduces.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Keeps a collection of corpses.
- The Stoner: Jak is an avid drug user.
- Villain Protagonist: Jak, as he plays the killer in each of his ballads.