This trope is when a character sighs when they are around another character to indicate that they are in love with them. The Chick Magnet tends to experience this a lot from the people attracted to them (usually from girls).
This can be done because the other character in question is Oblivious to Love. Alternatively, if they are already together, the character may be sighing to indicate how happy they are to be with them.
- In Beauty and the Beast, the three lovestruck Bimbettes all sigh at Gaston at the intro to the "Gaston" song.
- In Despicable Me 2, Margo sighs happily when she first sees Antonio.
- In Frozen, Anna tends to sigh and giggle a lot around Hans from the moment they meet, at least until he reveals his true colours.
- In Inside Out, Riley's mum Jill's emotions sigh happily when recalling a memory of a Brazilian helicopter pilot, due to Riley's dad Bill inadvertently making Riley upset. This is done again at the end of the film, when Jill's emotions sigh happily when looking at Bill, who had them both wear face paint for Riley's hockey match.
- At the beginning of Puss in Boots, Puss compliments a Persian molly named Rosa, who he flirts with (despite his Accidental Misnaming of her). When he rides off into the sunset, she sighs, indicating she has a crush on him.
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered", a lot of the female characters affected by Xander's backfired love spell sigh when they're around him, particularly in the scene when he is walking down the hallway.
- In Happy Days, Richie does this about a love interest who is nicknamed "Miss Trout".
- Yandere Simulator: In the basement tapes were footage of Yandere Chan's mother abducting her father. When she forces him to use her first name, she lets out an ecstatic sigh that sounds rather orgasmic.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Paya can be heard sighing every so often when she is talking to Link.
- "The 11 Different Ways Your Girlfriend Will Sigh At You". 3) The "I have to pretend I'm offended, but I secretly love that you said my butt is the reason why God invented eyes'" sigh.
- This article states that we sigh for a number of reasons, one of them being when we're in love.