This trope is when a character sighs when they are around another character to indicate that they are in love with them. The Chick Magnet tends to experience this a lot from the people attracted to them (usually from girls).
This can be done because the other character in question is Oblivious to Love. Alternatively, if they are already together, the character may be sighing to indicate how happy they are to be with them.
- Pokémon: The Series:
- Pokémon: The Original Series: In "Love, Pokemon Style", Macy falls for Ash after he saves her from a fall, watching him chase after Team Rocket with a lovestruck sigh.
- In one of many Ship Tease moments between Ash and Serena in Pokémon the Series: XY, in the episode "The Cave of Trials", the group has a photo taken, with Serena standing really close to Ash. Serena is later seen looking at the photo and sighing happily before Ash calls for her.
- 101 Dalmatians: Perdita sighs happily while she and Pongo are resting their heads on a window sill together.
- In Aladdin, the titular character gives an enamoured sigh when describing Princess Jasmine.
- Also right after their First Kiss- after she turned around and gave him a last look.
- Bambi: After being "twitterpated" by Faline, Bambi lets out a deep, happy sigh.
- Barbie as the Island Princess: While describing Ro's adventurous nature to his parents, Prince Antonio smiles as she passes by the balcony window and lets out a smitten sigh.
- In Beauty and the Beast, the three lovestruck Bimbettes all sigh at Gaston at the intro to the "Gaston" song.
- In Despicable Me 2, Margo sighs happily when she first sees Antonio.
- Elemental (2023): While dancing with Ember, Wade sighs lovingly as he expresses how lucky he feels to be with her.
- In Frozen, Anna tends to sigh and giggle a lot around Hans from the moment they meet, at least until he reveals his true colours.
- In Hercules, the titular hero gives a lovestruck sigh when talking about his romantic night out with Megara.
- In Inside Out, Riley's mom Jill's emotions sigh happily when recalling a memory of a Brazilian helicopter pilot, due to Riley's dad Bill inadvertently making Riley upset. This is done again at the end of the film, when Jill's emotions sigh happily when looking at Bill, who had them both wear face paint for Riley's hockey match.
- The Pebble and the Penguin: Marina's friends are prone to swooning whenever Drake is around.
- At the beginning of Puss in Boots, Puss compliments a Persian molly named Rosa, who he flirts with (despite his Accidental Misnaming of her). When he rides off into the sunset, she sighs, indicating she has a crush on him.
- In Turning Red, Mei and Miriam sigh deeply before ogling some boys.
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered", a lot of the female characters affected by Xander's backfired love spell sigh when they're around him, particularly in the scene when he is walking down the hallway.
- In Happy Days, Richie does this around a love interest who is nicknamed "Miss Trout".
- Interview with the Vampire (2022): In "The Thing Lay Still", a Socialite from the Women's Opera Society whom Lestat had a quickie with over a decade ago sighs and places her hand over her chest when he turns around to face her. It's evident from her reaction that she still finds his good looks to be breathtaking.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Paya can be heard sighing every so often when she is talking to Link.
- Yandere Simulator: In the basement tapes were footage of Yandere Chan's mother abducting her father. When she forces him to use her first name, she lets out an ecstatic sigh that sounds rather orgasmic.
- "The 11 Different Ways Your Girlfriend Will Sigh At You". 3) The "I have to pretend I'm offended, but I secretly love that you said my butt is the reason why God invented eyes'" sigh.
- This was Outside Xbox member Jane Douglas' reaction to meeting Alcina Dimitrescu for the first time. (Right after "Oh my god, step on me.")
Jane: She's got Wolverine claws as well! (swoons)
- Animaniacs: Yakko and Wakko often sigh longingly while gazing at Hello Nurse.
- Futurama: A Flashback in "The Cyberhouse Rules" shows a young Leela sighing over her crush - while he's in the midst of mocking her alongside all the other kids.
- Hey Arnold!: Helga will often release a longing sigh before or during one of her passionate monologues about her adoration of Arnold.
- In Kim Possible, when Kim is under the influence of the Moodulator in the episode "Emotion Sickness", it gets inadvertently set to Love, and she sighs happily before she starts eagerly hitting on Ron. They eventually get together in the movie.
- In The Owl House episode "Follies at the Coven Day Parade", Luz takes a moment to give her girlfriend a quick peck on the cheek when Eda comes to pick her up from school. While Amity is initially surprised by this (it's implied to be the first time Luz ever kissed her), she lets out a content sigh once the shock wears off.
- This article states that we sigh for a number of reasons, one of them being when we're in love.