Basic Trope: A character sighs when they're around their love interest.
- Straight: Alice sighs every once in a while when she's around Bob, whom she has a crush on.
- Exaggerated: Alice sighs all the time when she's around Bob.
- Alice sighs only once when she's around Bob.
- Alice sighs at Bob's antics, she is annoyed at him, but loves him the same.
- Justified: Alice really wants Bob to know how much she loves him.
- Inverted: Alice sighs when she's around Bob, whom she dislikes.
- Subverted: Alice appears to be sighing, but is actually huffing due to being out of breath.
- Double Subverted: But after Bob expresses sympathy for her exhaustion, she sighs lovingly.
- Averted: Alice doesn't sigh when she's around Bob.
- Enforced: The writer wants a visual indication that Alice loves Bob, so he has her sigh whenever she's around him.
- Lampshaded:Bob: Why does Alice tend to sigh when she's around me?
Charlie: Maybe because she's in love with you.
- Discussed: See Lampshaded.
I love him so much. *sigh*