open/close all folders
Arthur K. Finklestein
The author of the "Jenny LeClue" book series.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Arthur goes into a complete panic after writing the Dean's death, to the point of crying into jars of jam and later drinking heavily.
- Narrator: Jenny's adventure being a story written by Arthur, he, of course, narrates it as the player unfolds it.
- Interactive Narrator: An ineffective one, as Jenny can hear his safe suggestions and immediately ignore them in favor of adventure and mystery-solving.
- Shipper on Deck: In a non-romantic example, he wants Jenny and Suzie to become friends despite Jenny's insistence against it.
Arthur's pet dog.
Arthurton - Jenny and Family
Jenny Le Clue
Arthurton's resident Kid Detective
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: She typically wears turquoise clothing.
- Fiery Redhead: Can be this at times, depending on what the player chooses her to be.
- Good Is Not Nice: She is certainly the heroine of the story trying to make things right, but that does not mean she is nice most of the time. She tends to be rude, even towards her friends. Again, this depends on the player.
- Insufferable Genius: This is her usual attitude to dealing with the people around her with less quick wits.
- It Runs in the Family: Clearly, the fact that both Jenny and her mother are the detective type is not a coincidence.
- Only Friend: Suzie considers her to be this for her. Whether Jenny herself agrees with this or not is up to the player.
- Uncertain Doom: If the player makes a certain pattern of decisions, Jenny will end up transported in a stream of light to God knows where.
- Significant Wardrobe Shift: When she finds her mothers old spy outfit, she dons it and becomes more explorative and detecting.
Jenny's mother, and a professional detective that inspired her daughter. Falsely charged with the murder of the local Dean, Jenny sets out to prove her innocence and find the real killer.
Jenny's father, a scientist that has gone missing.
Jenny's cousin. Well-meaning and intelligent, but her closest friends constantly belittle Jenny, leading to a one-sided rivalry.
- All-Loving Hero: Suzie is a complete sweetheart to everyone she meets.
- Alpha Bitch: Played with. Suzie Glatz always avoids insulting anyone, but her Girl Posse are all too happy to pick up the slack.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Her house has a secret lab that she knows how to fully operate.
Arthurton - Other Residents.
The head administrator of Gumboldt University, whose sudden murder rocks the town.
Jenny's best friend, and the Dean's son.
The "town idiot", who believes in shadow men and extra-terrestrials. Trusts in Jenny ever since an incident where he chained himself to a building and she picked the lock when he lost the key.
- Conspiracy Theorist: A firm believer in the paranormal.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Encourages Jenny to look for mysterious forces, even underground. Which is where the machinery producing magnetic fields keeping Arthurton separated from the rest of the world is.
Stephen & Kevin
Two officers in the police force, tasked with keeping an eye on the LeClue household.