This is a list of all characters who were introduced in Change Up!
Quirk: Blood Manipulation and Crystallization! Can draw blood from herself or others, and either manipulate its flow or crystalize it! With concentration, she can manipulate blood still inside a person!
Appearance: 5' 1", skinny and malnourished build with above average assets, permanent blush on face and chest, numerous scars, light brown skin.
- Broken Bird: Certainly appears to be upon her first introduction, nervously gazing at her classmates from a secure place in the back corner of the classroom.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Not much is known about her past, only that she has a serious criminal record. Enough so that her being admitted to UA was a point of serious controversy.
- Mystical White Hair: One of her well-defining features is her silver-tented white hair that's usually pulled into a half up-do with a hair pin.
Quirk: Anchor Arms! Her arms are extremely big and muscular that reach all the way to the ground! While her arms are extremely tough and strong, their largeness hides her walking, so she has to walk like a gorilla!
Appearance: 4' 10" without standing on her arms, 5' 11" with her arms! Small and petite body with flat chest, but huge hulking muscular arms weighing at 250lbs each! Also, she's pink!
- Apologetic Attacker: When fighting against her robot opponents in the entrance exam, she seems to feel guilty for inflicting damage both to real people and artificial. Apologizing profusely to the robotic, unfeeling enemies.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has blue hair and blue eyes.
- Cute Bruiser: One wouldn't think it, considering her physical description. But whatever hinderance her hulk-arms bring, her bubbly and genki personality more than counters.
- Older Than They Look: She has the petite figure of a middle-school girl despite being in high school.
- Pink Heroine: Her skin is literally hot pink.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has light blue hair that she wears in twin braids.
Quirk: Blood Manipulation! Ryuji can control his blood and harden it creating any type of weapon he can think of! Ryuji can also harden his blood and shoot them at his opponents as little sharp shards that look like crystals! Though, the longer Ryuji uses his quirk, the weaker he becomes from blood loss!
Appearance: 5'8, lean built body type, mismatched green and brown eyes but covers his green one with a brown color contact, long combed back brown hair, many scars along his wrist, pale skin.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Puts others lives ahead of his own, shown when he swoops in and rescues Kaiya when she's trapped in the sandstorm, successfully pulling her out of danger and her overwhelming thoughts.
- Logical Weakness: His ammunition is his own blood. Humans need blood to live.
- Mellow Fellow: Ryuji is shown to be one of the more laid-back, easy-going, carefree members of 1-B and tends not to get overly angry about anything. Easily gets along with almost everyone he comes in contact with.
- Nice Guy: Despite competing head to head in the entrance exam with limited spots, where most focus on their selfish point-grabbing, Ryuji refuses to ignore his morals and goes out of his way to warn a fellow examinee of danger. Is probably one of the nicest guys in 1-B.
- Situational Sociability: as someone who Cannot Talk to Women is perfectly capable of normal conversation except when faced with the opposite sex. This is first portrayed when Ryuji can't seem to spit any words out beyond studdering to Pompom, as well as gone into depth when faced with Kaiya as a teammate. Which the two eventually have a heart to heart and he's able to confide in her.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Known for telling terrible jokes and making really bad puns that are so corny or lame that they're funny.
Quirk: Switch! Akashi is able to swap his body with any object 50 meters in his line of sight, so long as the object weighs no more than more than his own!
Appearance: 5'8, lean-agile build, intense red eyes, spiky red hair, ikemen/shoujo manga boy looks, air of superiority, pale skin.
- The Ace: Claims to be the "number one recommended student," not having to go to the trouble of competing in the entrance exams since he was automatically accepted into the school for recommendations. Seems to be a high ranking student, whether that be for his quirk or intelligence and already claims one of the top spots in 1-B.
- Fiery Redhead: His personality and hair color go hand and hand - hot-blooded.
- It's All About Me: Upon first introductions, he seems to be a walking, talking superiority complex who thinks beyond highly of himself and little of everyone else, even going as far to proclaim himself to be the, "future number one hero." Watch out sheeple, Akashi is coming through!
- One Steve Limit: Subverted. Akashi Ryota's first name is the same as Kazuma Akashi's last name.
- Smug Snake: Introduces himself with an arrogant "Out of the way, sheeple" in a tone that would put Bakugo to shame.
Quirk: Rebound! An emitter type quirk that allows her to absorb and redirect any kinetic force enacted on her body with a multiplative effect! However, she still feels the pain of any hits she receives, and that pain is stored in her body until discharged!
Appearance: 5'5, toned-bordering muscular build and average sized assets, hazel eyes, waist-length layered wavy strawberry blonde hair, half-Scandinavian and half-Japanese, pale skin with faintly pink cheeks.
- The Ace: Suzaku is one of the recommended students in 1-B that didn't have to pass the entrance exams. She carries herself with the utmost confidence, though we have yet to see just what she can do.
- Brutal Honesty: Isn't afraid to state whatever's on her mind without a care. She openly tells Akashi her opinion on him being 'the number one recommended student', saying it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. She also tells Gracelynn upon meeting that she 'doesn't look like hero material.'
- Cool Big Sis: Seems to be the older sister friend of her group, taking the lead in group one. She might not be the voice of reason but she has no problem taking the reins.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: She has waist-length layered wavy strawberry blonde hair due to her half-Scandinavian heritage.
- Innocently Insensitive: Assumes a shy person who is Prone to Tears must be lost, because there's no way somebody so insecure and helpless would be accepted into the hero course.
Quirk: Ink Manipulation!
Appearance: 5'7, slim build, black eyes, pitch black straight/spiky hair a strand that falls in the middle of his face and strands that frame the sides, tattoos covering almost his whole body with one prominent one under his right eye, pale skin.
- Art Attacker: His quirk allows him to manipulate ink.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has black hair and black eyes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Although he has dark hair, dark eyes, and is covered in tattoos, he is enrolled in the hero course at UA.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Has pitch black hair and pale skin. Both Pompom and Gracelynn describe him as handsome, but mysterious.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Has hints of this. At first glance, he appears mysterious and aloof, and he has difficulty integrating himself well with his scavenger hunt group at first. However, when push comes to shove, he saves Pompom in both the Entrance Exam and the scavenger hunt then takes the time to reassure her afterwards in both cases.
Quirk: Will-o-Wisp! Ritsuo is able to create blue fireballs from his hands or mouth, normally following the appearance of a thin blue line at the points of origin! Ritz can control these fireballs at will, changing their shapes on a whim! He also has a resistance to non-quirk related fire!
Appearance: 5'9, thin runner's build, grey deep-set eyes, light blonde mid-back length slightly curly hair, pulled into a ponytail, feminine facial features, a round mole on right side of his head near his temple, pale skin.
- Best Friend: With Oboru. Their first appearance on the first day of school is Ritsuo upset that they've been separated into different classes.
- Bishōnen: Ritsuo is described as having a very feminine appearance, despite being a male, with delicate and feminine facial features and a slim build, even getting confused as a girl half of the time by his peers.
- Childhood Friend Romance: It seems that Oboru and Ritz might have a little bit more going for them then just childhood friends, especially with the little kiss Ritsuo bestows Oboru with when they separate ways after finding out their separate class placements. Could there be romance brewing or is it just one of Ritsuo's pranks?
- Cunning Like a Fox: True to his foxlike features, this boy seems to have a knack for stirring up mischief just for the fun of it.
- Everyone Loves Blondes - Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He has very distinctive light blonde mid-back length slightly curly hair that's usually styled in a ponytail, separating him from most other male characters, appearance wise.
Quirk: Plague! Exhales through her mouth a contagious disease! the disease takes the form of yellow gas! While not toxic or deadly, it will rapidly leech away at a victim's energy, making them move sluggishly and cough violently!
Appearance: 5'8, slender feminine yet athletic figure, brown eyes, dark blue hair styled into a bob cut combed over to the right side of her head, hanging over her right eye slightly, always wears a light green colored gas mask mouthpiece, yellow tanned skin.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Was able to correctly guess that the robots in the second phase of the entrance exam were their very human upperclassmen, who would be very vulnerable to her gas attack.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Certainly doesn't have the most heroic of quirks, and yet she is one of the friendlier of Class 1-B's students.
- Cool Mask: The lower half of her face is covered at all times by a light green custom gas mask mouthpiece. It's purpose is to contain the plague that comes out when she exhales. It works by containing her breaths when she exhales, purifying them with a special air filter and then releasing them into the open air.
- Motor Mouth: Always seems to be talking about anything and everything and never stops.
- Power Incontinence: Implied by the mask she always wears.
- Social Butterfly: Doesn't have an issue making friends or conversing with anyone, is very open and eager to expand her social circle, though seems to prefer female companions over males.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair.
Quirk: Catharsis! Channels the user's inner negative emotions to obtain feats of superhuman strength!
Appearance: 5'10, gangly and sickly-looking build, pale blue eyes, unkempt and sloppy white hair, dividing at his face in fringes reaching almost to his shoulders, pale skin.
- The Berserker: In his introduction scene in the entrance exams, he is seen as someone who throws logic out of the window for violence, completely losing himself in rage and the urge to win and overcome. This is alluded to his quirk thriving on negative emotions, only activating when he is feeling angry, making him a weaponizer of Unstoppable Rage.
- Dark and Troubled Past: During the entrance exams, Kokichi's thoughts to himself allude to a much darker and volatile past, something bubbling under the surface. Useful for his quirk, as negative thoughts seem to give him a power boost.Narration: "The same image he always tried to focus on playing through his mind again, flashing over and over until it was burned into his mind's eye forever: A woman's nasty sneering face, hard lines rough with raw emotion; or the same woman with her lip curled in disgust, head wrenched back and eyes swirling with something dark. Rage? Hate?"
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: No matter the compliment or kind, heroic deed, Kokichi doesn't seem to believe in his worth and takes numerous shots at himself, his intelligence and skill.
- Motor Mouth: Always seems to be talking about anything and everything and never stops.
- Mystical White Hair: He has very distinctive just shy of shoulder-length unkempt and sloppy white hair with fringe.
- Nice Guy: In contrast to his berserker mode, Kokichi in just a casual, everyday environment is a big, friendly puppy that's eager to be around people.
- Power at a Price: Kokichi's quirk is incredibly powerful, however using it eats away at his sanity and morals due to it being fueled by negative emotions, mainly rage.
Quirk: Corvid! Can transform parts of his body into that of a raven and talk to fellow birds!
Appearance: 5'8, well defined muscular build, slanted black eyes, straight but short black hair, numerous scars ranging in placement and two prominent on back where is wings grow, tattoo of a raven on right shoulder, pale skin.
- Brutally Honest: With his strong morals he has a high sense of judgment and distrust and doesn't mind calling things like he sees it.
- The Comically Serious: Everything is Serious Business to him, even conversing like a crazy person with his Raven friends.
- Creepy Good: He can be very intimidating and freak people out with his dark quirk as well as his habit of talking to birds, however, he is still a hero in training with high morals.
- Hidden Depths: He seems like a very dark and serious guy at first glance, but he actually has a strong sense of justice.
- Little Bit Beastly - Bird People: His quirk allows him to turn himself, or parts of himself, into a Raven.
- Not So Stoic: He does have his moments when he can't always keep his cool, especially when he shows an intense dislike for someone. Seems to have personal issues with conversing and opening up or being interested in others.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: His eyes and hair are both as dark as night, contrasting with his extremely pale skin.
- The Stoic: One of the more cool-headed students of Class 1-B, and overall a no-nonsense kind of person, very serious and responsible.
Quirk: Spider Silk! Along with looking vaguely spider like, she can shoot spider silk from her mouth! Much as the name implies!
Appearance: 5'7, slender build, three pairs of solid purple eyes, white mid-back length hair held back in twintails with black bows, her nails done with black or other dark colors, sharp teeth, pale skin.
- Creepy Good: She might be a little on the unnerving side of the spectrum and makes you feel like a thousand spiders are crawling over your back with just one long intense stare, but she has good intentions and a kind soul.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: From her pigtails tied with giant black bows, black flats and spider web stockings, down to her black nail polish and creepy charm, she's the definition of charming gothic lolita.
- Little Bit Beastly / Arachnid Appearance and Attire: With Kumori's quirk, she has some features of a spider, with long and thin limbs and a tall height, even down to her Cute Little Fangs and three pairs of intense solid purple eyes.
Quirk: Air Manipulation! Can create, shape, and manipulate air and wind!
Appearance: 5'5, slender and toned body with slightly above average assets, sharp grey eyes with long eyelashes, medium length lavender hair that's a few inches below shoulderblades with bangs usually styled in bun or ponytail, wears light makeup, fair skin.
- The Ace: Kaiya is one of the recommended students in 1-B that didn't have to pass the entrance exams due to her intellect and quirk.
- Adorkable: Kaiya gets excited over the prospect of an intellectual game or anything challenging her perception and even gushes like a dork with Ryoku over their mutual love of puzzles and challenges.
- Badass Bookworm: Her intelligence is no secret which is shown when working in group three she immediately solves the map riddles without issue, and at the beginning of chapter 2 part 3 she makes the comment of being top of her class and notes that an intellectual assignment is her element.Narration: "That was one thing she knew she excelled at, with being top of her class since she was in elementary school up until now, even getting in U.A. with recommendations. She knew her IQ was something to be self-assured of and would have no problem solving some puzzles and maintaining the spot at the top of her class at U.A to follow up every previous year."
- Blow You Away: Her quirk is Air Manipulation, giving her control over the air and wind.
- Broken Ace: Kaiya's downfall of her exceptional intellect seems to be the very thing that got her accepted into U.A., her brain. She's shown to be overwhelmed by her own plethora of ideas when thrust into a stressful situation and can't focus on a single one due to the overwhelming amount, leading to self-doubt and her inevitably shutting down.
- Cool Big Sis - Team Mom: Kaiya seems to be the older sister or mom friend of the group, taking the position of the lead in group three as the voice of reason, and noting to take Ryoku under her wing. She's shown to be gentle, responsible, level-headed, and warm, looking out for her teammates and tries to make everyone else feel included.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: With her natural medium length lavender hair and purple hero costume it seems that she has a thing for the color.
- Ms. Fanservice: Is described upon entering as having a "slender yet curvy, womanly frame, with a slim waist and slightly wider hips."
Quirk: Phantasia! Has two parts: One to create phantasmal constructs in battle, and one to teleport small distances!
Appearance: 5'5, lean and small build with light muscles, dark brown almost black eyes, short black neatly combed hair, unassuming appearance, pale skin.
- Adorkable: Ryoku upon first introduction in the entrance exams is very shy and afraid to get mixed up in a fight all alone, but rescues many people with his quirk from afar. He gives off a heavy 'must protect this pure boy,' vibe with his easily flustered state and social ineptness. After Tatsuma saves him and he returns the favor, he's too timid to explain himself due to her intimidating disposition, leading to Tatsuma getting the wrong idea, claiming he was trying to 'show her up' when he was actually selflessly doing a nice deed.
- Always Someone Better: Constantly sees himself as the lesser hero, who can't measure up to everyone else. Even claims that it would be a miracle for him to pass the entrance exam because of how 'lesser' he is than everyone else who truly deserves to be there. Doesn't see himself in the most positive light.
- Badass Bookworm: One of the intellects of the class, Ryoku is shown to be very enamored by puzzles and intellectual games and was able to help solve the map riddles without trouble.
- Cowardly Lion: Extremely afraid of everything, first shown in the entrance exams when he's too scared to take on robots head to head and instead hides and aids from afar at a relatively safe distance with his quirk.
- Giant Hands of Doom: His quirk allows him to create phantasmal constructs as well as giant phantom hands that when enlarged he can use as a makeshift shield, which was shown in Chapter 2 Part 3 when he protected Kokichi and himself from the sandstorm.
Quirk: Aqua Form! Gracelynn can turn her body into water, as well as fully control her liquid parts and any liquid that mixes with them! She can only convert up to around 30% of her body into water at a time, and can't transform any vital organs without losing their function completely! Which would kill her.
Appearance: 4'10, very skinny frame, deep blue eyes with a constant sorrowful expression, straight dark blue hair with a fringe, lightly freckled, pale skin.
- Elemental Hair: Her dark blue hair is appropriate for someone with a water quirk.
- Prone to Tears: Pretty much any amount of stimuli, be it a rude shove or a sudden greeting, will cause her to start literally melting from fear.
- Shrinking Violet: Along with her habit of melting out of fear, she wants to flee when Suzaku confronts her outside of Class 1-B and seems to lack confidence in herself.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Is a Shrinking Violet and has dark blue hair.
Quirk: Dragon Changer! Can transform her body to take on the features of a dragon! In this form, she can breath fire and is immune to fire based attacks! She also gains a tough tail, armored scales, and wings!
Appearance: 5'6, hourglass figure with slightly above average assets, round face, golden eyes, long and bushy silver hair reaching mid-back, two scars crossing over her left eye forming an X, pale skin.
- Action Girl: Tatsuma is seen unhesitantly diving head-first into battle, kicking butt and taking names, rescuing a helpless examinee along the way, and grumbling about how 'no one can do anything without her.' She's your true badass heroine, even if she does scare the life right out of you.
- Good Is Not Nice: In her opening of the entrance exam, she selflessly swoops in to rescue fellow examinee, Ryoku. Then, as soon as he's out of immediate danger, she rounds on the poor boy and tells him off for needing help in the first place against such weak opponents, when they're supposed to be training to fight villains.
- Pet the Dog: Shows no particular judgment towards Miu despite the rumors around her, and treats her exactly the same as she treats everyone else in class. While that doesn't particularly mean she treats her well, it at least shows a lack of prejudice.
- Playing with Fire: She can breath literal fire like a dragon and is resistant to other fire quirks.
- Mystical White Hair: One of Tatsuma's defining features is her long, mid-back length bushy silver-white hair.
Quirk: Drain Touch! The user can drain energy from any organism, object, or power source that he touches with all five fingers from either hand! Time to drain depends on how much energy/stamina it possesses!
Appearance: 6'2, thin build, droopy silver eyes with dark circles underneath, purple smooth and straight medium length hair, has the permanent appearance of someone who hasn't slept in years, very pale skin.
- Bad Powers, Good People: His quirk tends to lean on the more villainous side, whereas he can drain the energy of his opponents and make them weak and vulnerable. But is seen to only use his quirk to keep Akashi and Ritsuo's fight from getting even more out of hand.
- Dismotivation: Despite his feelings of disgust at his class judging one of their classmates, Nemuru chooses not to get involved because he'd rather save energy. He ignores his feeling because he isn't motivated enough to waste his own energy.Narration: "Nemuru wasn't someone who got involved. He just didn't, end of story, he'd much rather mind his own business and conserve energy."
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Has dark cirles under his eyes that makes him look like he hasn't had a good nights rest in years.
- Pet the Dog: Despite otherwise being irritable and apathetic toward others, he's one of the few who notices the absolute hypocrisy of a classful of potential heroes judging and verbally beating down a young girl that none of them even know and is clearly disgusted.
- Purple Is the New Black: He has medium length straight purple hair that gives off a slight slothy and grunge appearance.
- One Steve Limit: Subverted. Kazuma Akashi's last name is the same as Akashi Ryota's first name.
Quirk: Aviary! Born with the features of an eagle, Oboru is equipped with sharp talons on both his hands and feet! Large wings on his back make for flying capabilities as well as a huge boost to his speed and evasion! Even his eyesight is top-notch, reading in at 25% better than the average human with perfect vision!
- Best Friend: With Ritsuo. Their first appearance on the first day of school is Ritsuo upset that they've been separated into different classes.
- Childhood Friend Romance: It seems that Oboru and Ritz might have a little bit more going then just a friendship. The brunette's little outburst at being in separate classes as well as blushing during Ritsuo's teasing could hint at a deeper relationship. The kiss from the fox boy is just the icing on the cake to the whole scene.
- Harpy: Oboru's physical appearance has many bird features such as large, feathered wings, hands that end in talons with feathers around his for arms, talons on his feet and feathers around his neck.
Appearance: Is extremely tall and muscular, dwarfing most ordinary people, and with sinister yellow eyes. Also retains several features of a feline, such as cat ears and a tail, and padded feet!
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Does whatever a cat can do! Yozaki has the basic features of a cat: a cat's tail, cat ears, whiskers, pupils that dilate and retract depending on sunlight, retractable claws on his hands and feet, and soft pads on his hands and feet.
- Ax-Crazy: Yozaki is first introduced as an antagonist of the series - the unstable murderer in the prologue that jumpstarts a domino effect of panic and chaos. He takes pleasure in killing one of UA's pro-heroes and beloved teachers and relishes in the possibility of future murders to come.
- Mad Artist: When going about his plan of killing 1-B's teacher and pro hero, he does every deed very meticulously and with care, even taking the whole night to finish her off. In the end, he refers to the display of her mutilated body as 'art,' seemingly very proud of his actions.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Has the behavior and attention-span of a petulant child, coupled with the killer instincts of a savage animal.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: His cat-like yellow eyes seem to follow your every move, glowing in the darkness.
Appearance: A picture of classic Japanese beauty. With long, obsidian hair that drapes down the length of her slender back. Slim and graceful, smooth skin with a heart-shaped face, and razor-sharp fingernails.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch her hair.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Within the same second of him touching her hair, Apex almost cuts Yozaki's hand off and forces him to immediately retreat. Something he hadn't seen coming, having written her off due to her reserved and disciplined behavior.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Certainly has the aesthetic and manners of one, even if she's far from being a housewife. Throughout her entire introduction, she maintains a graceful and polite exterior, and is the picture of Japanese beauty. She impressively stays calm and in complete control, even when dealing with her psychotic co-workers.
Created by JackHammerMan! Introduced in Chapter 2, pt 1.
Quirk: Luminescent! Yamashi's entire body is engulfed in a bright light, at all times! Due to this, you can't see any of his physical features! to compensate, he wears knight's armor!
Appearance: Unknown, as he is constantly illuminating a blinding light that makes his form impossible to observe! He makes up for this by wearing a suit of knightly armor at all times!
- Knight in Shining Armor: Though in this case, it's more like Shining Knight In Armor. His outfit and chivalrous mannerisms fit the trope perfectly.
Created by LunairiaBlaze! Introduced in Chapter 2, pt 1.
- Inadequate Inheritor: Seen as this for the legendary Recovery Girl, due to having less experience and an inferior quirk for healing.
- Swiss Army Tears: Due to his quirk, Kosenzu's tears have healing properties. He carries them around in vials in order to heal students that are unable to communicate what is wrong to him.